PDA

View Full Version : What is the right balance for loot?

tvtheb
07-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Hello guys, i wonder ..i am playing this event
Since it started, i have killed more than 300 jarls and all i looted is many common,rare,epic and legendary items that cost from 400 gold to 8k! Is it just my luck or the loot chance for deeds its too low? You guys will remove upkeep for ever but you dont give us a house!!! LOL let me know guys thanks =S

Justg
07-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Hello guys, i wonder ..i am playing this event
Since it started, i have killed more than 300 jarls and all i looted is many common,rare,epic and legendary items that cost from 400 gold to 8k! Is it just my luck or the loot chance for deeds its too low? You guys will remove upkeep for ever but you dont give us a house!!! LOL let me know guys thanks =S

Great question... what IS the right balance for loot?

The point of the event was not to give everyone a house, the point was to have a fun mini event to run before we remove Housing Upkeep. Along the way we would drop a few house deeds (100+), some plat-oriented housing perks (inventory and furnishing slots), and some new and unique "bling" for people to decorate with.

We hear two things:

This event drops too much, and this event does not drop enough loot, which to us means it is about right.

If loot drops too frequently, it is not worth anything. If loot drops too infrequently, people don't want to farm it because it is too much "work".

But we also need some loot to always drop (thus the common).

So, in your opinion, what is the right balance?

Zulgath
07-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Great question... what IS the right balance for loot?

The point of the event was not to give everyone a house, the point was to have a fun mini event to run before we remove Housing Upkeep. Along the way we would drop a few house deeds (100+), some plat-oriented housing perks (inventory and furnishing slots), and some new and unique "bling" for people to decorate with.

We hear two things:

This event drops too much, and this event does not drop enough loot, which to us means it is about right.

If loot drops too frequently, it is not worth anything. If loot drops too infrequently, people don't want to farm it because it is too much "work".

But we also need some loot to always drop (thus the common).

So, in your opinion, what is the right balance?

If it dropped infrequently i think not many ppl would even try to run this.. fruequently low loot is ok but would need a bit better chance on better loot

Eagleye
07-25-2016, 05:04 PM
I personally think the loot rate is more then fair as far as this event is concerned. my opinion is a bit biased because I looted some things but sometimes we get lucky sometimes we don't. At least you don't have to spend a nickel running this... .so its a win- win in my book

Hercules
07-25-2016, 05:08 PM
I think the luck is like a CLOCK, I look always the system message in specific hours of the day lol. Maybe the house deed that you want to loot have a hight chance between (07:00am - 8:30am), (2:30pm - 4:00pm), (7:00pm - 8:30pm), (3:30am - 5:00am) @.@ Idk hehehe ........ If I knew when is my hight chance of drop something good that will be cool but maybe dangerous for everyone, game and economy :P

tvtheb
07-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Well justg, i have heard a guy looted tavern on first run and i looted nothing in 300 runs so i dont know if that is fair, also i know that im not going to loot anything so my interest for that event is gone =( .Also you could give us a motivation by counting the boss kills or even have a leaderboard with a small price at the end.All we need is a motivation to keep running this event even if we dont get nothing good for hundreds of runs! Thx

Hercules
07-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Well justg, i have heard a guy looted tavern on first run and i looted nothing in 300 runs so i dont know if that is fair, also i know that im not going to loot anything so my interest for that event is gone =( .Also you could give us a motivation by counting the boss kills or even have a leaderboard with a small price at the end.All we need is a motivation to keep running this event even if we dont get nothing good for hundreds of runs! Thx

My motivation is the cottage plate I love it! ok no hehehe I joke

Eagleye
07-25-2016, 05:26 PM

Fair? Nothing in this world is fair lol.

Blazerland
07-25-2016, 05:29 PM

i didn't loot something with great value but i think the chance of looting a million worth deed is enough motivation considering this event is unli access and energy free.

Vixenne
07-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Imho, the droprate of this event is good for me. Maintains the price of some of the more expensive items from Jarl. I've yet to loot a Deed but the rest of the items, I'm happy to have em as I got em for free instead of spending more gold/plats just to have em for my house :love_heart:

extrapayah
07-25-2016, 07:47 PM
in my opinion, anything that has drop rate lesser than 1% is bs, except it's for an all powerful item that will be powerful enough to last for years.

but yes, you have all the participation data and drop rate data, so you should be able to decide better by looking at the it. but then again, the goal reduction proved that you fail to achieve participation rate you were aiming before, and i can only blame it on the droprate. for me, it seems like you are on a denial when telling us the event has the right drop rate.

also, in my opinion an event should be used to shorten the gap between new and old players, so then whenever you release new items/content, all player base will be focusing on the new content and new items, but if it's like this, some players will always ended up chasing old contents and old items, which will mostly make them frustrated and leave the game.

Kakashis
07-25-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm happy for the smelly helms. I didn't loot anything worth mentioning, but got a few awesome deco chests xD

marsu4u
07-25-2016, 10:14 PM
I think drop rate was kinda low but then again if it was high why would anyone spend plats on buying houses, I guess at the end of the day STS are making decent money as each taverns worth like £45. From the perspective of a player I think drop rates are too low, from a merchants perspective I would say drop rates just right and from STS's perspective drop rates too high because according to what Gary said 100+ perps gonna be getting free taverns. Roughly £4,500 worth of houses. So I guess thx STS for giving away £4,500 worth of housing!

Froxanthar
07-25-2016, 10:47 PM
I don't really care about the house but,

Justg, what is the percentage to loot Super Smelly Helm for Warrior? 😭

Bameely
07-26-2016, 12:30 AM
drop rate for better item is low. real low. It horrible to keep rerolling to Empty Mug, reroll to Tavern Mug, Reroll to all the junks.

But then again, being a free event, I still enjoyed it even with loots like slots and a few decor pieces in so many hundred runs. Just the reroll should work better :/

Horme
07-26-2016, 02:28 AM
Releasing house buff is like new powerful gem (paracelsus+enchanted eye combination) that not require gem/jewel slot. Once again this will make a big enough gap.

Majin Vineet
07-26-2016, 03:43 AM
Just check the total jarl kills and give a token for each kill and put a Traven for 800-1000kills (too much but player will get motivated that their hard work will pay for sure...
Its just example ...valuate efforts n token required ..

galileogalilei
07-26-2016, 03:48 AM
I think drop rate was kinda low but then again if it was high why would anyone spend plats on buying houses, I guess at the end of the day STS are making decent money as each taverns worth like £45. From the perspective of a player I think drop rates are too low, from a merchants perspective I would say drop rates just right and from STS's perspective drop rates too high because according to what Gary said 100+ perps gonna be getting free taverns. Roughly £4,500 worth of houses. So I guess thx STS for giving away £4,500 worth of housing!

lel 100+ ? dont make me laugh haha can Gary explain wat da meanin of "100+" , im really not get it lol

saphirae
07-26-2016, 05:03 AM
How do you even decide which 100 people will get house? Hm hm

Luck system here is very strange and suspicious.

1 example if i didnt ever ever looted fosil after more then 4-5k arena runs for sure its bye bye looting house for me. Never was in that lucky small group hehe

Ah well free upkeep is best,only hope is that taverns price dont go over 4-5 mills so i can buy it one day.
Gl guys :)

arcanefid
07-26-2016, 09:28 AM
If we had to kill Jarl 100,000 times for the bar to fill and Justg wants only 100 houses looted, that means you have to do 1,000 kills and say you're unlucky.

I think the number was higher than 100,000 though. @.@

Melthyz
07-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Considering the event for what it is, I think the drop rate was more than fair. G is right, if they dropped too many deeds housing becomes worthless. I didn't get a deed or any good loots, then again I wasn't plan on running it more than a few dozen times.

Congrats to those that did loot deeds, and better luck next time to those that didn't.

Eagleye
07-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Re read justgs post. He said 100 "house deeds" not specifically tavern deeds.

galileogalilei
07-26-2016, 11:18 AM

are you mean 80 starter house rest are cottage , lodge and tavern? still ridiculous buddy , you even can count them in auction with your fingers , lol.

Justg
07-26-2016, 11:28 AM
are you mean 80 starter house rest are cottage , lodge and tavern? still ridiculous buddy , you even can count them in auction with your fingers , lol.

If you are basing your estimates on what you see in the consignment shop you will come up short. Lots of folks are using their deeds for themselves.

galileogalilei
07-26-2016, 11:52 AM
If you are basing your estimates on what you see in the consignment shop you will come up short. Lots of folks are using their deeds for themselves.

no justg, consignment shop is da best way we can see howmany people looted and howmany items they looted , dats very basic but still logic . even some of folks using for themselves but im sure not many of them , my logic for when something new item release in game worth 1mil - 5mil golds are 60% sell in auc , 20% use or open , 20% stock . if lower than 1mil da condition will be 50% sell in auc , 10% use or open , 40% stock.

Justg
07-26-2016, 12:00 PM
no justg, consignment shop is da best way we can see howmany people looted and howmany items they looted , dats very basic but still logic . even some of folks using for themselves but im sure not many of them , my logic for when something new item release in game worth 1mil - 5mil golds are 60% sell in auc , 20% use or open , 20% stock . if lower than 1mil da condition will be 50% sell in auc , 10% use or open , 40% stock.

You can make your assumptions, but I would posit that we have a much clearer view into game stats.

galileogalilei
07-26-2016, 12:09 PM
You can make your assumptions, but I would posit that we have a much clearer view into game stats.

ok we wait ;)

Zeus
07-26-2016, 12:29 PM
ok we wait ;)

I don't understand, do you think the developers are lying to us? What point does that serve? @.@

Also, why can't people be happy with the fact that they've gifted over 500 plat of previously exclusive platinum items? Is it because of the price of these items have drastically dropped? It doesn't change the fact that it makes houses look amazing.

I can confirm house deeds do drop, I've witnessed two being dropped in my party. All the while, I was merely leveling my Mishie from L1-56.

galileogalilei
07-26-2016, 02:30 PM
I don't understand, do you think the developers are lying to us? What point does that serve? @.@

Also, why can't people be happy with the fact that they've gifted over 500 plat of previously exclusive platinum items? Is it because of the price of these items have drastically dropped? It doesn't change the fact that it makes houses look amazing.

I can confirm house deeds do drop, I've witnessed two being dropped in my party. All the while, I was merely leveling my Mishie from L1-56.

dear my zeus haha,none said house deed no drop and none said developers are cheater lol you no need to be this sensitive , me just wonder wat gary said earlier about 100+ house deeds.

Amicusdei
07-26-2016, 03:32 PM
perfect loot balance:

i get two, one to keep, one to sell.
everyone else gets none.

Trenton
07-26-2016, 04:00 PM
perfect loot balance:

i get two, one to keep, one to sell.
everyone else gets none.
Then who would you sell it to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hercules
07-26-2016, 04:24 PM
The game is perfect and drop rate too. All is the luck system I thought I never will drop a house deed or a super smelly helm but today I looted my first Starter house deed and yesterday I looted one super smelly helm (AND surpraise!! is for my class :D) I think all you need is be patient and I agree with Zeus's comment We must feel good and say thanks STS for lets us to get amazing items that cost platinum. They give us a opportunity I don't know why some guys do not understand it

Vixenne
07-26-2016, 05:18 PM
The game is perfect and drop rate too. All is the luck system I thought I never will drop a house deed or a super smelly helm but today I looted my first Starter house deed and yesterday I looted one super smelly helm (AND surpraise!! is for my class :D) I think all you need is be patient and I agree with Zeus's comment We must feel good and say thanks STS for lets us to get amazing items that cost platinum. They give us a opportunity I don't know why some guys do not understand it

I agree... Then if things drop so much, we'd be flooded again with cries regarding the prices of those items are so so cheap. Honestly, if you think you don't have a chance of looting a deed: Save up your gold for it instead of wasting time whining when you could be in game making that gold.

Plqgue
07-26-2016, 05:27 PM

Plot twist he's selling to himself

marsu4u
07-26-2016, 06:07 PM
lel 100+ ? dont make me laugh haha can Gary explain wat da meanin of "100+" , im really not get it lol

Thats the number of people to loot deeds or taverns im guessing.

marsu4u
07-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Good point mate, I kinda looked over that fact, my bad.

Bira
07-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone. These are my thoughts

I wish the portal spawn rate would be significantly reduced and, instead, increase the odds of looting good items. This will encourage teams / guilds to actively hunt portals. As such, allow people that are already in a party to join inside the portal (whereas one must physically walk into the portal). Overall it is a nice event

Zeus
07-26-2016, 07:46 PM

Everybody gets none, so plenty of demand for him to sell to. :p

Sandeeep
07-27-2016, 08:11 AM
for me i beleive justg (gary) that tons of tons of players are what i call PASSIVE PLAYERS
these passive players dont farm much or do anything much but rather are there to have fun not in the oriental playing style though

ex. sits in house gh or towns just chatting
we get ur finding a balance for loot
but a one time event like this should make deeds drop a bit frequenct , true the value will go down but mostly 60% of arlorians will use it instead of sell it
as this is the ONLY time these deeds can drop, the price will surely 100% increase in time.

i believe in most of ppl opinions what they hiddenly mean is that passive player would like to play a bit more
the game is aiming too much into the p2w style with the greater need of players to ACTIVELY play alot to gain a bit of gold
discouraging to PASSIVE players.

although it should remain so that loot should be rare, so for event ppl like PASSIVE PLAYERS who use the item rather than sell it always request to have a bit more dropping value or rate

Hobilomm
07-28-2016, 08:20 AM
It's not an issue about drop rate. I am sure sts have thought enough time which drop rate would be the best. It's normal an item which value huge gold like lodge and deed house required some hours to farm... The issue is elsewhere. The players who get cheap legendary stuff who plays with players with same gear as him, will take so much time than the hardcore players with high end gear and his powerful team. Moreover, best players have hisha, luck elixir, lepr and so on... So, to drop the same high value item, you can play really more times than others. This is a real issue, more contents and expansion are available, more the high end players are rich and powerful...

Captain critic
07-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Honestly in my opinion what u said makes no sense if u were only dropping for some people it would be a waste of time for most of us cuz i ran event for 3 things to get atleast a cottage and to end upkeep and to get more furniture normally i would say too hard but i saw a chance to actually get a better house now i know i was never gona get one and all my luck was just a waste.

Kenneth M. Dixon
07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Drop rate was fine imo. I went into event not looking to loot any high value items. I ran for just the opportunity of the very small chance i maybe could loot something of higher value. I had no illusions about it and knew odds overall were not in my favor. 3-4 days of running i got some decorations and to my delightful surprise jarls lodge. Thanks sts.