PDA

View Full Version : How class system should work

Gouiwaa9000
07-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Ok , so with the HUGE amounts of buff/nerfs/edits to all 3 of the classes , AL became a mess. Why does support class outlast tank and is able to deal more damage than our rouge class? Why do tanks make a better support and a mage? Why do rogs deal less damage and mage? Why does our suppost class have one only one skill that actually "supports" the team? Ive played multiple MMO-RPGS , and i know that good class system is key. ( For this thread i look on the class it self , not the gear/procs that it posses )

Imma start with mage cuz im a mage and its the easiet for me to do.

Right now the class is broken.. we dont support at all , deal more damage than rouge , and are almost as tough as a tank ( with our shield skill ) .

Mages should be able to grant varius buffs to their allies and debuffs to the enemy from a very long range , and have the ability to conrtol multiple mobs at the same time , also we should have the ability to move around faster to avoid roges , that were supposed to be a deathly threat to us , not food. The closest thing we have to an actuall mage skill
Is heal and curse . Its not right that a tank can support better than a mage..
I suggest : reduce damage on some skills , imporrove the "support" value of mage BY ALOT , maybe improve bonus dmg to balance to loose of dmg.

Rouge :
Rouges should be able to deal DEVESTATING damage to a single target while having low amounts of hp and armor , main use is to counter support ( right now support is farming the damage class , LOL )

Roges need a damage improvement on some of their skills , to balance out the fact that they die from one combo , or even one hit from crits without nekro.

Warrior :
War is supposed to be our tank but right now its all three , damage dealer, damage sink and support.

Tanks should have more skills like VB , skyward smash , axe throw and jud. ( The ability to absorb huge amounts of damage while dealing damage , but very slowly in big amounts )
Why do they do a better job at supporting the team than mage? And why do mages sometimes outlast tanks?
Tanks need improvement in skills that help them survive , and something has to be done about the fact that they offer more supoort than mages.
Also , reduction in attack speed and improveent in damage might be a good thing.

P.s i know this is to much , and probably some of it is wrong , remember i dont play all three classes and there might be some things i dont know about them.
I just wanted to point out the role of each class , and that currently this system is a mess.

Feel free to point out any mistakes i made , but please keep this drama free :)

Zylx
07-26-2016, 01:49 AM
AL finds its balance with warriors absorbing aggro, mages dealing high damage to multiple enemies at once, rogues dealing exceptional damage to single targets.

The clock skill is the most supportive and beneficial skill for cc in the game. It roots enemies and deals drop damage as well as DoT damage. The heal needs to be retweaked, yes, but no one will ever need it because we have potions, unless it is reworked like the warrior's HoR. We also have fireball and gale which knocks down and stuns mobs, as well as ice to freeze. Id say mages are a pretty good offensive support class.

Rogues still deal tremendous amounts of single-target damage and good warriors can keep the other members in a party safe. I'd say the game is pretty much as balanced as it can get.

Suentous PO
07-26-2016, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't call mages a support class just because they can be traditionally. All classes can support each other in al, but you'll never hear a Mage yelling at a rogue for packs.

You can pry my 4 attack skills from my cold dead smurf fingers.

Gouiwaa9000
07-26-2016, 02:37 AM
AL finds its balance with warriors absorbing aggro, mages dealing high damage to multiple enemies at once, rogues dealing exceptional damage to single targets.

The clock skill is the most supportive and beneficial skill for cc in the game. It roots enemies and deals drop damage as well as DoT damage. The heal needs to be retweaked, yes, but no one will ever need it because we have potions, unless it is reworked like the warrior's HoR. We also have fireball and gale which knocks down and stuns mobs, as well as ice to freeze. Id say mages are a pretty good offensive support class.

Rogues still deal tremendous amounts of single-target damage and good warriors can keep the other members in a party safe. I'd say the game is pretty much as balanced as it can get.

Well , thats true. Pve right now is good as it is , but pvp is complete mess .