PDA

View Full Version : PL basically unplayable now!!!

KhaosAngel
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I just don't get it. Since the new client and updates with NH, my ping constantly jumps-before it would stay between 75-200 which is fine. Now I go from 120-6000! And it jumps at every mob and boss. I walk into a room with full health and before I can tap a skill, I'm dead. Forget trying to Combo either by yourself or with other classes-no timing! The enemies appear out of nowhere, or behind you after clearing an area. FRUSTRATING to say the least. I've tried everything from email/data pushes, no background running anything, reboots, uninstall/reinstalls, deleting everything off phone inc pics,vids,apps.....what is going on??? I have even factory reset my phone-no luck- now I play PL maybe 20min a day as opposed to a few hours-my internet is fine-fiber optic-so whats next? I am using a Motorola Defy with froyo 2.2- like I said this only happens since new client and update- any help is appreciated!:dejection: :beaten: <-replace the face with phone

Flickz
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds like its just your phone. Try clearing up space on it for force closing when you get really bad lag.

KhaosAngel
09-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I've cleared everything- the only thing on my phone is PL-even my contacts are all gone when i factory reset-its not my phone. Also when fightiing, the screen stops-I can still tap skills but no movement just a freeze for about 3-5 sec. then comes back(usually i'm dead then) i have never had a force close, even now. My wife has a G-Slate-same problems! Werther at work or home. She works for T-Mobile(doubt their connection is poor)

TANKKAAR
09-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I have haerd a lot of people talking about High ping, major lag, and app crashing since last update :/ idk hy but I as one of the lucky ones and haven't had to deal with this at all.... when I say at all I mean the App hasn't force closed or anything since update..... yes I still get the occasional ping spike but hey what's new?...lol

I play via my home and work wifi as well as 3G & 4G networks on my

Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Stock. Froyo 2.2

HTC Google G2
Stock Ginger bread 2.3.4

Basically IDK why this is happening but I hope they get it fixed for everyone :/

Cahaun
09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't know whats happening but I think it is just the phone type. Everyone gets the occasional ping attack but not like this.
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

KhaosAngel
09-07-2011, 03:01 PM
maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read about the new client being tied to Facebook.(I dont use Facebook so it is crap to me) My wife plays a game called Paradise Island and when they incorporated Facebook with it, it crapped out instantly- could Facebook have something to do with this?

Bakoffmycandy
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I experience ping spikes here & there since the update. Only a couple times made it to where it was "unplayable". As for the combo thing I feel ya. Seems once in a while it takes the server a second to register abilities. Never had that happen until Nuris dropped. Been disconnected a hand full of times. I do think traffic has been way higher than say before Nuris dropped. A lot of people on the grind.

Orcish
09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Not that this is usually an issue but, when is the last time you've updated you wireless router firmware? In the past I have experienced a slightly better connection with usually some sort of added featured after updating. Give it a shot it couldn't hurt but you will need to reconfigure your router settings after you update.

KhaosAngel
09-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Not that this is usually an issue but, when is the last time you've updated you wireless router firmware? In the past I have experienced a slightly better connection with usually some sort of added featured after updating. Give it a shot it couldn't hurt but you will need to reconfigure your router settings after you update.
I just did and same problem:upset: Although now my Netflix is cranking good- So thanks for that:angel:

Orcish
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I just did and same problem:upset: Although now my Netflix is cranking good- So thanks for that:angel:
ROFL! Well at least that's good. Hmmm I'll think more on this issue and I'll get back to you. BTW mind pming me your city and state? Normally I can track down traffic issues and other various slow downs.

Fastcast
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I am also constantly being disconnected multiple times everytime i play not sure whats up maybe my phone DroidX

KhaosAngel
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Pm'd you Orcish thx alot!

Azamaster
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
You too? I was wondering if my phone was going crazy, especially since I just got it a few weeks ago. But you're right, it has been going crazy. And it's not my phone being too clogged, because since i just got it there's less than 1GB of data on it.

Oh yeah, and burke the blacksmith won't accept quests. :(

Econodeath
09-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi guys,
I had this problem non stop and have pretty much cured it. I got to the point that my favorite game was un playable.
I would find myself dead or alone while the rest of the party was half way down the map. Anyway you obviously are
having the same experience I was so here is what I did to solve it. I didn't delete anything off my phone at all just to be
clear! I simply turned off my wifi and play now over verizon 3g. I don't want you to think I am trying to make verizon
service look better than others here because that is not the case at all. Just mentioning my fix in detail. I had the same
issue on my droid x before switching to the iphone 4 so I don't believe it was the phone at all. I had tried another fix
that I read about which basically turned off all push email and other push notifications. I thought that worked, but it
was just luck of that day. Soon after back to the same problem. After turning off wifi I swear I havn't had my ping go
above lets be safe and say 500. I do notice a slowdown since the new part of the game came out, but nothing at all compaired
to what was going on before! I hope this helps you! I know I missed pl like crazy when I couldn't play. At what point I had to quit
on my friends constantly because I was just useless. Terrible feeling for those of us that really play this game to be part of a team!
Oh well I don't want to rant and rave. I just saw an opportunity to try and help others enjoy this game again.