PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Stats and Requirements for Equipping Loot

Arjun
04-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Been waiting for someone else to bring this up but. . .

Initially, we had all three classes selectively upgrading one stat, while happily ignoring the other two out of the given three. With an update to the game, we were duly informed to take a more balanced approach.

However, the Loot items still require heavily unbalanced stats for your character to be able to equip them. Without going into extreme detail; let’s say you have an archers green cloak. Level requirement states Lvl. 6. Your character is a Lvl. 7. Your thinking to yourself now all’s I gotta do is equip it. But Noooo. You need your Dex to be all the way up at 45.

Because you have been distributing a measly 5 pts. between three variables every time you level up, there is no way your character is going to get to Dex 45 before he hits lvl. 13 at least. If even then. But assuming that you do somehow manage it, by when a Lvl. 6 cloak is pretty much obsolete anyways. And I’m not going to pay $0.99 to unbalance my character. Tho I’m really tempted to.

I really hope that someone can cook up a solution to this. Sorry if the point has already been raised and dealt with. Also noticed that it’s too easy to sell loot from your inventory by mistake. Almost lost my smokey jacket. Well, I did loose one. Forced my way through to loot another two. Might wanna slip in an are you sure you want to sell this item window before liquidating. I’m also not sure if the same problem can occur on the character screen. An accidental delete.

Well, that’s pretty much all I can think of at the moment. Need to be able to equip loot with a balanced distribution of stats as opposed to concentration on just strength and/or dexterity. Oh-yeah, and an are you sure you want to sell/delete this item/character.

Ketamine
04-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Arjun,

The "Map Packs" Allow you to continue leveling throughout the game....so far level 25 is the highest.
By the way you have to buy them..

Arjun
04-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Equipping loot. That's the real trick.

As I was saying above, having received loot, I was unable to equip it because I've been giving my character a more balanced distribution of attributes. So, when a spiked bow requires a lvl 7 to have 45 dex to be able to equip it, my lvl 10 character is still unable to do so. Dex at say 30, str. at say 24. intl at 16. [all the number are just off of the top of my head. but you shld get the gist of it i hope].

Deathshock
04-14-2010, 12:21 AM
The requirements aren't that bad for when you get to higher levels for example a level 24 item has a req of 75 str. In most games characters with even stats are no good anyways.

Arjun
04-14-2010, 12:43 AM
But it is the middle way. . . .

Deathshock
04-14-2010, 12:47 AM
45 Dex for a level 6 is way off (not even possibly i think), but to be quite honest most of the Req's aren't too bad. Your stats shouldn't be all evenly balanced out in my opinion though

Aegis
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Item equips are current set at 3 per level for most, so you could spend 2 a level on off stat and still equip most things

Morlok
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I think Arjun has an awesome point with that, it took me a stat rebalance to just get my ice armor to work, but i got it on. I think the armor system could be tweaked and made a little more accurate.

Arjun
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Thank you Mr. Morlok.

Haha... think we might need to start a new thread. Call it Stats Vs. Loot. Just to be clear or something...?