PDA

View Full Version : Daily Deal for this coming Sunday

Samhayne
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
For those watching for the Deal of the Day items to come back around, this coming Sunday's Daily Deal will be Red Antenna.

Cytokinesis
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Yay! and i reminded u of this! :D

sandboxx
09-07-2011, 03:56 PM
How much plat will it be?? hopfully no more than 25

apocketlegend
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I wish I could be previewed with my red antenna :(

Cytokinesis
09-07-2011, 03:59 PM
How much plat will it be?? hopfully no more than 25
20plat like how it was on android

Zeus
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
For those watching for the Deal of the Day items to come back around, this coming Sunday's Daily Deal will be Red Antenna.

:O. You used my screenshot. Yay! :)

Nickyeagle
09-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Will there be any other colors coming out in the Deal of the Day?

Whirlzap
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Yay, now more people will be THERE.
This Daily Deal is probably the Blast from the Past Sam was talking about?
How much worse can it get?

Blind
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Wth!!! In the screenshot, in the vanity section it says sunchaser something, what is it?? :o

Register
09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Lol sam went on his ipod and took a screenshot of the picture all zoomed in?

DJMdivine
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Cant wait have had yellow anntenas forever. Nice to be getting a new one for a change.

blacks
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Yah I've been waiting for these!

Slush
09-07-2011, 11:33 PM
What happened to these being a contest exclusive? Holiday items are ok I guess, but these were special. At least make them a prize for a future contest instead of this.

JNass
09-08-2011, 12:19 AM
id really like to see the rose wands or other holiday weps come back for the daily specials

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Umm yay? Now a few thousand other people will also, according to these antennas, have participated in a contest and earned these! No that's not right. All you have to do is pay money.

Is there any limit at all?! If there is, you guys have passed it. These antennas were from a contest! You had to WORK AND PARTICIPATE to get these. You had to EARN them. That's the last time I'll ever wear my red ones proudly because, honestly, who can tell the difference?

CodyBearr
09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Awesome been waiting for this since Deal came out for iPhone :-)

Ty

nayrleon
09-08-2011, 02:16 AM
power of money in and off game =P

you can skip contests and still get the exclusive prizes lol

Navygreen
09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
so how much will antennas be? I want them. :)

CrimsonTider
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Slush, King.... these are RED not FIERY. Unless there was another contest I'm unaware of.

krazii
09-08-2011, 08:27 AM
This coming Sunday is 9/11, the 10 year anniversary. I would be nice if STS could make a red/white/blue antenna and distribute freely in honor of that day and all it means. How cool would it be to run around seeing everybody in patriotic antennas (even if your not American, it would be a nice gesture towards our Country).

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Oooo I like Kraziis idea (: there hasnt been a PL event since July

Nickyeagle
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Kraziis, I love the idea. I still remeber being like 3 years old and seeing it happen on the news. I know I personally and people who lost their loves one on 9/11 would love the idea too.

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Slush, King.... these are RED not FIERY. Unless there was another contest I'm unaware of.

There was a contest for red: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13481-Official-Droid-Costume-Haiku-Contest&highlight=Haiku+contest

mackjack
09-08-2011, 08:24 PM
This coming Sunday is 9/11, the 10 year anniversary. I would be nice if STS could make a red/white/blue antenna and distribute freely in honor of that day and all it means. How cool would it be to run around seeing everybody in patriotic antennas (even if your not American, it would be a nice gesture towards our Country).

Excellent suggestion. It'd be nice if STS takes your suggestion, but I'd be willing to pay plat for this vanity item.

Rolocoaster
09-08-2011, 08:27 PM
i hope its not 75 plat like it was for big luck :/

Buddyf97
09-08-2011, 09:42 PM
There was a contest for red: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13481-Official-Droid-Costume-Haiku-Contest&highlight=Haiku+contest
Exactly! I was THERE but apparently for a fee of 20 plat you could be THERE!? The few people who actually have those and was actually THERE are very angry.
Imagine this:
Congratulations Red team! You won the soccer tournament! You get a trophy!
I'm sorry for all the teams that didn't win or were not in the tournament. You can buy the same thing that the red team is getting but for a small fee.
How does the red team feel? Like nothing!

Whirlzap
09-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Atleast change the item description. Listen to us this time?
Or atleast make the contest item, "Red Haikus Antennas". Or a special name.

Whirlzap
09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
id really like to see the rose wands or other holiday weps come back for the daily specials
Don't even think about it. It would be downright stupid and no respect for older players if that happened.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure Daily Deal is the Blast From The Blast that Sam was talking about in disguise.
Daily Deal means a deal from an item. Like a discount. Currently you cannot purchase any of these old items. So what kind of discoint is this? In fact, it's not a discount AT ALL. It's the blast of the past, in disguise. Atleast that is what it seems to be.

@Crim: maybe you forgot; it was from one of the first contests, the haikus contest. You got a red antenna saying "you were THERE" if you participated.

But I guess now, STS wants everyone to stop participating in their contests. It's not like the prizes are actually worth anythig to collect. I'd bet my gold capped character that they will bring back a Halloween Head or a Fiery Antenna or something even more ridiculous sooner or later.

Ovocotto
09-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice:)

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
But I guess now, STS wants everyone to stop participating in their contests. It's not like the prizes are actually worth anythig to collect. I'd bet my gold capped character that they will bring back a Halloween Head or a Fiery Antenna or something even more ridiculous sooner or later.

If they bring back the Halloween head...

Zeus
09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
As I said before. There will be lots of controversy over this. IMO, discontinued items should stay discontinued. They are mementos of the past.

Snub
09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Excellent suggestion. It'd be nice if STS takes your suggestion, but I'd be willing to pay plat for this vanity item.

They could do this and donate the money raised...

It would not be a lot of cash but It is the principle. BTW I am Canadian and I would buy one of these.

Snub
09-09-2011, 09:55 AM
As I said before. There will be lots of controversy over this. IMO, discontinued items should stay discontinued. They are mementos of the past.

I agree, discontinued means discontinued, not available ever again!

Discontinued doesn’t mean temporarily removed, coming back in fall.

octavos
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Not fair to new users to PL, everyone should have a shot....or make the vanity optional trade/sell
im still new to PL, but SL different story. I want to be able to collect too, even if it cost platinum.

I understand you guys were here from the start, but don't deprive newer players to items that have value.

Cytokinesis
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Not fair to new users to PL, everyone should have a shot....or make the vanity optional trade/sell
im still new to PL, but SL different story. I want to be able to collect too, even if it cost platinum.

I understand you guys were here from the start, but don't deprive newer players to items that have value.
couldn't have said it better and i personally think they should be able to sell some of the "smaller" vanities like antennas. BUT I DONT THINK they should sell things like the Pumpkin Head or the Snowman Head(idk wat its called) because they are things that ppl deserve to have because they were with PL since the beginning. So, even though i dont have the pumpkin head and i would LOVE for it to come back but it would be VERY unfair to the ppl who got the original one and suddenly they dont feel like they're special.

Kossi
09-09-2011, 04:33 PM
what the???

sam, NEVER put the pumpkin helm or green antennae up for sale again. its a symbol of being a long time player

Kossi
09-09-2011, 04:34 PM

well said, well said

CrimsonTider
09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok. Didnt know there was a contest for these. I joined PL on the day the contest was announced and as you can see, I joined forums in April. Also, hate to break the news but I already have two pair. Deal of the Day from a few weeks ago for Android. Since they were a reward for a contest, then I agree: they should stay that way. I would like to have my pkat back tho! :)

Zeus
09-09-2011, 04:57 PM

They don't have value. They are liquidated for 0 gold. I don't understand your point. This very same concept applies in the real world as well.

Cytokinesis
09-09-2011, 05:04 PM
They don't have value.
they do i.e. some can have a little proc(Big Luck and Little Luck), sentimental value, and of course they look good!

octavos
09-09-2011, 05:36 PM
They don't have value. They are liquidated for 0 gold. I don't understand your point. This very same concept applies in the real world as well.
all im saying, i didn't have a chance to compete in a competition, challenge ect...im still pretty new to pl and new players too btw. (month in pl, but since beta in SL). I want to also have a chance to get these :D your lucky you already got them, but I haven't.

KingFu
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Daily deal for this coming Monday! Founder's helm!

In all seriousness, I must agree, discontinued items should mean discontinued. It's not "unfair" to new members, it's how a lot of things in real life are.

Buddyf97
09-09-2011, 06:43 PM
what the???

sam, NEVER put the pumpkin helm or green antennae up for sale again. its a symbol of being a long time player
Yes! I wear my founders helm and my green antennas and people go crazy asking me where I got it. I HAD that attention with the reds but now it's something everyone can purchase...

Zeus
09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
all im saying, i didn't have a chance to compete in a competition, challenge ect...im still pretty new to pl and new players too btw. (month in pl, but since beta in SL). I want to also have a chance to get these :D your lucky you already got them, but I haven't.

That's the thing though. As far as I know, time machines don't exist. People wish that they could have bought Apple stock back when it was 70 dollars. Did the price reverse back to favor those who missed out on that opportunity? Pretty sure it didn't.

Zeus
09-09-2011, 09:04 PM
they do i.e. some can have a little proc(Big Luck and Little Luck), sentimental value, and of course they look good!

The only vanity helmet(s) to ever have value were the Founder's Helm and the Big Luck Vanity. As far as I know, the red antenna provides no bonuses whatsoever. If they do consider bringing it, at least price it to 100+ platinum to minimize the amount of players that are able to get it.

elianel
09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I wan the green ones :(

Roc
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I haven't played too many MMORPGs, but are there any that repeat holiday items? If so, then there is a precedent (whether it's kept or not is another matter) so it's not a big leap for PL to have repeat items for Halloween, the winter, etc and so repeated items wouldn't be a big surprise. If not, then there's also nothing to be surprised about. [and I acknowledge that PL doesn't have its own precedent because holidays haven't come around again] As for me, I'm hoping for new items every year but I can understand wanting a as-of-now discontinued item :lemo:

octavos
09-10-2011, 07:50 AM

That's the thing though. As far as I know, time machines don't exist. People wish that they could have bought Apple stock back when it was 70 dollars. Did the price reverse back to favor those who missed out on that opportunity? Pretty sure it didn't.

I don't want to argue with you guardian keep the peace.

Well at this point the devs have developed a machine apollo, and they are bringing them back with or without your approval. Were not talking about prices, but the availablity of the items. I thought you were a guardian? Why dont you want new players to collect? Why such greed and hostility?

Well apollo, if you don't feel like supporting sts, I will, since you have all the items.... Sam bring back all the old items ill be happy to pay for them :) snowman head, Halloween And anything I might have missed. Newer pl and sl players appreciate all what you have done......thx again.

Cytokinesis
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The only vanity helmet(s) to ever have value were the Founder's Helm and the Big Luck Vanity. As far as I know, the red antenna provides no bonuses whatsoever. If they do consider bringing it, at least price it to 100+ platinum to minimize the amount of players that are able to get it.
yes, i agree tho 100plat is a little high... and if they bring back Big Love and Big Luck back to their respective holidays next year, they should be 75plat or more...

Prestige
09-10-2011, 01:56 PM
All this rage over deal of the day. I don't mind if they bring back the vanity items. It's their way of making money. I have been playing PL from the start and have a founders helm. It is nice that they offer a opportunity for you to get a one time event item. One day you too will not have an item and the deal of the day will ensure that you have another opportunity. Maybe bring back founders or rename it just so that it makes sense. And just maybe they will also bring back the Droid costume that you all desire. Who knows? But most of you should know games try to recycle older items so that they can bring newer players into the flow of the game.

/end rant

Navygreen
09-16-2011, 06:53 AM
This very same concept applies in the real world as well.

But it's a game, not real life. I have bought a few of the deals because I like to collect items. I love the opportunity at these items! Deal of the Day is great!

Gluttony
09-16-2011, 07:26 AM
I can see it from both sides since I am by no means a collector, but have been here since the beginning. I have 2 vanity items and they were both awarded by STS. I didn't have to do any work, just log in and check my stash (I didn't even have to wave). So I get that it's an opportunity for those that missed it the first time around to get it again, but it's by no means a deal. From one aspect the oldies want the item to remain a onetime thing. Can we compromise and have the items changed ever so slightly so that it doesn't ruin the "specialness" of their initial purchase? A modification to the description should be enough right? For instance the red antenna would no longer say "You were there" because you weren't there. The only problem I see with that is the OCD collectors out there may then regard that as a different vanity item and have to purchase it as well (*hint hint* adds fuel to the STS profit machine). Perhaps all vanity items that are purchased through daily deals should read "Second chance vanity item" or even remove the item description completely. Will that satisfy everyone?

A separate suggestion is that perhaps there should be two deal categories, a daily deal that is actually a deal on an item that is available for purchase daily (elixirs, in store vanity, plat only gear) and another daily called “Blast from the past” where special vanity/holiday items that are now removed from the game are available again. We have to bridge this gap somehow, as only those lucky enough to have found out about the game before the popularity came had access to many specialty items, time to share the opportunity.

My only issue is the price, between 50-75 plat each. Even with the best deal that's $2.25-$3.50 (rounded up) each item, where exactly does the deal part factor into this equation? So all of those out there who don’t think that the new players deserve the same items that you had a shot at, don’t pretend they aren’t paying a hefty price.

Navygreen
09-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Gluttony :) I appreciate what you wrote. I can understand both sides, too.

AdinoEznite
09-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I can see it from both sides since I am by no means a collector, but have been here since the beginning. I have 2 vanity items and they were both awarded by STS. I didn't have to do any work, just log in and check my stash (I didn't even have to wave). So I get that it's an opportunity for those that missed it the first time around to get it again, but it's by no means a deal. From one aspect the oldies want the item to remain a onetime thing. Can we compromise and have the items changed ever so slightly so that it doesn't ruin the "specialness" of their initial purchase? A modification to the description should be enough right? For instance the red antenna would no longer say "You were there" because you weren't there. The only problem I see with that is the OCD collectors out there may then regard that as a different vanity item and have to purchase it as well (*hint hint* adds fuel to the STS profit machine). Perhaps all vanity items that are purchased through daily deals should read "Second chance vanity item" or even remove the item description completely. Will that satisfy everyone?

A separate suggestion is that perhaps there should be two deal categories, a daily deal that is actually a deal on an item that is available for purchase daily (elixirs, in store vanity, plat only gear) and another daily called “Blast from the past” where special vanity/holiday items that are now removed from the game are available again. We have to bridge this gap somehow, as only those lucky enough to have found out about the game before the popularity came had access to many specialty items, time to share the opportunity.

My only issue is the price, between 50-75 plat each. Even with the best deal that's $2.25-$3.50 (rounded up) each item, where exactly does the deal part factor into this equation? So all of those out there who don’t think that the new players deserve the same items that you had a shot at, don’t pretend they aren’t paying a hefty price.

that is a great idea

Mothwing
09-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Wow...i hope STS is coming out with some new exclusive items cuz this is outrageous. Antennas were supposed to be for players who were at the event or obtained them when they were available. IMO, bringing them back, not a good idea.

I just hope these so called "exclusive" items stay that way. The new players will have their time to get their exclusive item just like we did.

Not flaming, just sayin....

Mothwing
09-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't want to argue with you guardian keep the peace.

Well at this point the devs have developed a machine apollo, and they are bringing them back with or without your approval. Were not talking about prices, but the availablity of the items. I thought you were a guardian? Why dont you want new players to collect? Why such greed and hostility?

Well apollo, if you don't feel like supporting sts, I will, since you have all the items.... Sam bring back all the old items ill be happy to pay for them :) snowman head, Halloween And anything I might have missed. Newer pl and sl players appreciate all what you have done......thx again.

Hate to double post...but man theres a lotta hate in this here post. Parthidy never said he didnt support STS, nor did he say he didnt want new players to have a chance. But the big thing here thay struck me is why you said "...i thought you were a GOA...." Parth is a GOA and always will be. He earned his spot in the guardians and should never have anybody saying why he is one. And for as long as ive known Parth, he is far from being greedy.

Im not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but dont doubt anothers opinion. You may not agree with Parth, but you don't need to doubt his guardianship.

blacks
09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Apollo! Qic here! What bow is that you're equipped with in the pic? Feel free to tell me IG. Be easy!

Springlol
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Still not over this topic? Its been weeks now u guys should let it go.

I bought it but aint wearing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeletonlord
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Missed out on this daily deal because I couldn't get my plat on my iPod I really wanted the red antenae but Sam granted me with yellow antenae great game devs love it!!!!