PDA

View Full Version : Help: Needing A UBER Operator Build

Gamelova
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Much appreciated. I'v been mixing my stats and skills a lot lately, and I still can't seem to find an ultimate operator build... if you have one, please share.
Thanks, Gamelova :livid:

If you need help from me, shoot me a pm :tranquillity

Physiologic
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Full DEX, full Platinum Outlaw gear for highest Crit% for now (but costs a lot). As for skills, there's a lot of different variations of skill mapping, but they are more or less the same. There's a lot of builds posted on this subforum, just pick what works best for you.

Silentarrow
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Here's mine, purely for damage :).

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/b93933d5.jpg

shannong
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Full DEX, full Platinum Outlaw gear for highest Crit% for now (but costs a lot). As for skills, there's a lot of different variations of skill mapping, but they are more or less the same. There's a lot of builds posted on this subforum, just pick what works best for you.

What Physiologic says about gear. I recommend the Outlaw dual pistols over the Outlaw Repulsor Rifle because 3x hits at 0.5 speed is likely more total damage getting through even heavily armored targets than 2x hits at 0.8 speed. (I recommend rifles for Engies, but not Operatives, because of this reason.)

As for build, compare these numbers against your in-game skills grid:

6-1-1-6
6-1-0-4
0-0

This is a pure single-target boss killer. Your job as an operative is not AOE or any attempt at AOE. Leave that to the Engies and Commandos who do AOE much better than you. Your job is to kill everything you point at as quickly as possible, and also to perma-root the minibosses and bosses that chase your teammates around, such as the big Vular in Uncharted Ruins.

The 1 point in Flames of Insanity is pretty much strictly for stunning Guardian. Your real control skill is Psychic Lash. Your "get it off me!" skill is Lurch. Everything else is debuff and damage.