PDA

View Full Version : My Tests/Clarifications on the Immortal Corruption Staff's Rotting Flesh

Kaziscate
07-26-2016, 11:31 AM
So I finally got my tiny blue paws on the Immortal Corruption Staff and,just like every new weapon that I get, I test it out. Here is what I came up with about the proc (I will also explain how it works for users that do not have the staff and maybe plug in a few reminders):

1.First off,the proc procs very very often.
2.Another thing, when it procs,Rotting Flesh will appear in big bold red letters and enemies appear to look poisoned when under the effects of Rotting Flesh.
3.The hit that procs Rotting Flesh isn't the first stack,it's the 10 hits after the hit that proced rotting flesh that stack and eventually causes the enemy to explode.
4.When the enemy explodes,a green ring will briefly appear as an indication.
5.The banish happens often (maybe it's like a 10-25% chance)
6.I have tested this in pvp against a fellow mage and according to him,it removes 70 armor on the 9th stack.
7.The Rotting Flesh proc doesn't damage enemies on each stack. I know I thought it would do that at first when I read the proc,but that would make the proc better if it did that.
8.An enemy under the effects of Rotting Flesh receive stacks not only from the the player who proced Rotting Flesh,but from other players and pets too.
9.Because of this,this works well with the fact that it Rotting Flesh being proced on an enemy super often,causing lotsa green ring explosions.

Based on these points I made, the Arcane staff was meant to be a mob killer. It's meant to cause lots of banishing and while some may prefer Wildfire over Rotting Flesh,Rotting Flesh is still a great proc. The thing that kind of bothered me about the Flame Forged Staff was the fact that if you wanted to feed the Wildfire's deadly damage even further by having it stack,you had to keep spamming the staff attack. With Rotting Flesh,you don't have to worry about that,it frees you from the need to having to spam the staff attack just to make the proc even stronger and make it last longer. This staff is very fun to use and I would say it is definitely worth buying.

Feel free to ask any questions concerning the Immortal Staff or give any feedback on my results. Also I apologize for making this post a bit late after when some mages were talking about it needing a buff.

Lolifee
07-26-2016, 12:07 PM
thx for taking the time to write this.
how useful is the proc on bosses?

Kaziscate
07-26-2016, 12:12 PM
thx for taking the time to write this.
how useful is the proc on bosses?

It's not as useful on bosses compared to mobs because they will only get the stacking armor debuff.

Lolifee
07-26-2016, 12:15 PM
so overall except for the stats the flameforged staff is better?

Kaziscate
07-26-2016, 12:18 PM
so overall except for the stats the flameforged staff is better?

Towards mobs,the Immortal Staff is better,but towards bosses that summon a lot of mobs,Flame Forged Staff would be more effective. They both excel in different situations.

Vvildfire
07-27-2016, 05:08 AM
Towards mobs,the Immortal Staff is better,but towards bosses that summon a lot of mobs,Flame Forged Staff would be more effective. They both excel in different situations.

I have both and I personally like Hex better against Elite mobs. But I can't bring myself to sell Immo either >.< I use it for kt4

bonjovi3223
07-27-2016, 06:27 AM
I have both and I personally like Hex better against Elite mobs. But I can't bring myself to sell Immo either >.< I use it for kt4
An investment of 4m just to play Kt4 is out of this world lol.
Unfortunately these arcane weapons are not meant to be dmg dealers but are for higher survivability. This is what I've noticed from my arcane bow. The proc ain't too OP but it has good auto attk.
In short I paid 6m to be able to play elites at 56 again which I was having a very hard time to do with the 46 mythic bow. This is why I still haven't bought the arcane staff. I find it senseless to have paid so much just for surviving when I could have just carried on in km3 with my old gears & piling up the gold.

Oaheuzihar
07-27-2016, 06:30 AM
Could you release a vidoe showing how often the proc procs? Also, can the procs stack like the flame forged staff wildfire can? Also, am i the only one who thinks the flame forged staff is op when the procs stack in elite?

justhell
07-27-2016, 09:41 AM
So I finally got my tiny blue paws on the Immortal Corruption Staff and,just like every new weapon that I get, I test it out. Here is what I came up with about the proc (I will also explain how it works for users that do not have the staff and maybe plug in a few reminders):

1.First off,the proc procs very very often.
2.Another thing, when it procs,Rotting Flesh will appear in big bold red letters and enemies appear to look poisoned when under the effects of Rotting Flesh.
3.The hit that procs Rotting Flesh isn't the first stack,it's the 10 hits after the hit that proced rotting flesh that stack and eventually causes the enemy to explode.
4.When the enemy explodes,a green ring will briefly appear as an indication.
5.The banish happens often (maybe it's like a 10-25% chance)
6.I have tested this in pvp against a fellow mage and according to him,it removes 70 armor on the 9th stack.
7.The Rotting Flesh proc doesn't damage enemies on each stack. I know I thought it would do that at first when I read the proc,but that would make the proc better if it did that.
8.An enemy under the effects of Rotting Flesh receive stacks not only from the the player who proced Rotting Flesh,but from other players and pets too.
9.Because of this,this works well with the fact that it Rotting Flesh being proced on an enemy super often,causing lotsa green ring explosions.

Based on these points I made, the Arcane staff was meant to be a mob killer. It's meant to cause lots of banishing and while some may prefer Wildfire over Rotting Flesh,Rotting Flesh is still a great proc. The thing that kind of bothered me about the Flame Forged Staff was the fact that if you wanted to feed the Wildfire's deadly damage even further by having it stack,you had to keep spamming the staff attack. With Rotting Flesh,you don't have to worry about that,it frees you from the need to having to spam the staff attack just to make the proc even stronger and make it last longer. This staff is very fun to use and I would say it is definitely worth buying.

Feel free to ask any questions concerning the Immortal Staff or give any feedback on my results. Also I apologize for making this post a bit late after when some mages were talking about it needing a buff.
1. Rotting flesh very very often? Compare with what? "Very very often" is sound like proc active 4 times from 5 times tryin spaming auto attack.

2. For me its look like bleeding but with green liquid.

3. Can u comfirmed this ? Dev on will0 thread confirm that "its need mob got hit 10 times after effected by rotting flesh bfore explode and first stack can only come from our basic attack". This not my concern since if u run with full pt u just need under 5 sec to make it explode.

4. Yes it is.

5. No one ever complain bout banish rate,its already at cool rate.

6. I rarely saw pvp mage using this staff,its definetly pve weapon. 70 armor reduce is not good at all,most mage I've meet have 1.5k + armor (other class even have more). Same on boss only armor red and exploding work on boss. Arcane thing should do better than this.

7. That's why I called this staff is broken thing. Mage is all about DoT and AoE.

8. No coment.

9. Now "super often"? Compare with what? Its happen 9 out of 10?.

Not tryin to be rude,but some point u make sound illusion for me. About rotting flesh proc rate "often" maybe,but very2 / super often its sound like over statment.

Average rotting flesh proc rate + 2 area restriction for proc (pvp and boss) + auto aim is bad + charged version didn't add diferent thing than tap version (except more mob get hit),make this staff didn't sound like arcane thing. The only good thing is base stat and banish rate (which is depend on rotting flesh rate). Ppl have right to have their own opinion,but I can't see reason why some ppl state their satisfied with this staff.

Anyway if u have free time I would like to see u try it,I have friends can help tanking us to test it. Mind pm me ur IGN?. Thx

justhell
07-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately these arcane weapons are not meant to be dmg dealers but are for higher survivability.

-.- banish proc on this staff is mean to killin things,arcane gun maybe for more survivability with distance advantage and healing totem. This staff is should be offensive weapon,but unfortunately its broke -.-.

Eriel Delgado
07-27-2016, 02:32 PM
The staff works better with arcane pendat due to the break of armor and the insane damage over time from cry brooch. In elites wirh that set up all you have to do is drop time shift shield and let the pain rain. The fact that it banishes so easy lots of my friends these days juat run underhaul elites with 2 warriors and 2 mages.

will0
07-27-2016, 06:16 PM
I have re-socket gems to this staff in my spare inventory and give it a try again.

This is a PVE weapon / i suppose all staff are bad in pvp except dragon hunter charge skill
This Weapon is not really dealing great AOE or Damage compare to other staff i.e Dragon hunter or Hex staff
This weapon relies heavily on the Rotting Flash process (i don't think it is processing enough to hurt elite mobs very Radom AA sometime you keep spamming it wont process and sometime it comes 2-3x at once)
Process only works well if you have heavy DOT skill (Good especially using timeshift and FB not really ice bolt) or in a team of members of more than 3 players ie warrior with lava sword and Neckro pet doing consecutive damage to make process stack x10)
Banish rate is decent if it happens which is the only benefits of this staff as the damage is really BAD
Auto Aim is really Bad

My thoughts:
Not good to use at boss
Only good if it process and use with timeshift skill and heavy DOTs to generate 10x stacks hopefully mob will explode since it is a chance
Bad damage and AOE as discuss above this staff do not generate significant damage even Rotting Flesh process (Bug??)

Improvement / Buff Suggestion:
Fix Auto-AIM
Rotting Flash should "autospread to other mobs not only 1 target only i know it will process rotting flash if AA hits another mob but it requires us keep spamming auto attack which is bad especially in Elite, reduce the number of stack require for chance to banish.
Charge Attack should give some special buff on caster (heal over time / or mobs stun) to give mage more survival in difficult elite maps.

creeepycreeepy
07-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Stats are great on the staff but the proc and auto aim definitely need some adjustment.

justhell
07-28-2016, 04:22 AM
The staff works better with arcane pendat due to the break of armor and the insane damage over time from cry brooch. In elites wirh that set up all you have to do is drop time shift shield and let the pain rain. The fact that it banishes so easy lots of my friends these days juat run underhaul elites with 2 warriors and 2 mages.

Agree pairing with cryo amulet will make this staff good,but from that we also can see that if stand alone this staff is not too good. Reduce armor is only around 70-80 at 10 stack,I can't say that good amount for arcane thing,when elond gun give armor lost 25% to enemies when proc.

justhell
07-28-2016, 05:13 AM
I have re-socket gems to this staff in my spare inventory and give it a try again.

This is a PVE weapon / i suppose all staff are bad in pvp except dragon hunter charge skill
This Weapon is not really dealing great AOE or Damage compare to other staff i.e Dragon hunter or Hex staff
This weapon relies heavily on the Rotting Flash process (i don't think it is processing enough to hurt elite mobs very Radom AA sometime you keep spamming it wont process and sometime it comes 2-3x at once)
Process only works well if you have heavy DOT skill (Good especially using timeshift and FB not really ice bolt) or in a team of members of more than 3 players ie warrior with lava sword and Neckro pet doing consecutive damage to make process stack x10)
Banish rate is decent if it happens which is the only benefits of this staff as the damage is really BAD
Auto Aim is really Bad

My thoughts:
Not good to use at boss
Only good if it process and use with timeshift skill and heavy DOTs to generate 10x stacks hopefully mob will explode since it is a chance
Bad damage and AOE as discuss above this staff do not generate significant damage even Rotting Flesh process (Bug??)

Improvement / Buff Suggestion:
Fix Auto-AIM
Rotting Flash should "autospread to other mobs not only 1 target only i know it will process rotting flash if AA hits another mob but it requires us keep spamming auto attack which is bad especially in Elite, reduce the number of stack require for chance to banish.
Charge Attack should give some special buff on caster (heal over time / or mobs stun) to give mage more survival in difficult elite maps.
From my view this staff definetly offensive pve weapon,while gun more like hybrid survivability for pve / pvp (due distance advantage + healing + DoT).

My sugestion is increase rotting flesh proc rate + increase armor reduced,make reduce armor on percentage base (2.5 - 5% each stack is reasonable amount) + need larger exploding area covered. Or if they don't wanna touch the rotting flesh original concept,they need to add something on charging version like chance proc inflict random negative status (stun/freeze/blind/panic/confuse/silence etc.) to multiple enemies on charged version.

Last is auto aim,u guys really need to fix this one.

Kaziscate
07-28-2016, 11:13 AM
I will make a video soon to show off some gameplay of the staff. While were all talking about how the staff can be improved,I guess I'll give my thoughts on how it could be improved.

1.Buff the armor reduction.
2.Apply some kind of "vampire" effect when Rotting Flesh is proced. This will temporarily buff your armor while armor is being removed from the enemy.
3.Something that causes damage while Rotting Flesh is being stacked. Maybe some kind of stackable DoT that stacks up to 10 times and lasts for 10 seconds or something and doesn't go away when Rotting Flesh explodes,only when its 10 seconds is over.

justhell
07-28-2016, 12:16 PM
I will make a video soon to show off some gameplay of the staff. While were all talking about how the staff can be improved,I guess I'll give my thoughts on how it could be improved.

1.Buff the armor reduction.
2.Apply some kind of "vampire" effect when Rotting Flesh is proced. This will temporarily buff your armor while armor is being removed from the enemy.
3.Something that causes damage while Rotting Flesh is being stacked. Maybe some kind of stackable DoT that stacks up to 10 times and lasts for 10 seconds or something and doesn't go away when Rotting Flesh explodes,only when its 10 seconds is over.
Like that idea. This staff need some exchange for that 2 restriction area (pvp and boss).

Kaziscate
07-31-2016, 02:49 AM
Video is now up! (I apologize about the repetition and the kinda bad voice quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xvhqKLEXSo

justhell
07-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Video is now up! (I apologize about the repetition and the kinda bad voice quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xvhqKLEXSo
Well... seem I still disagree with ur statment bout proc rate,and yes... its effective againts bunch of minions,but in the same time hex also can do prety same thing (which is 5 diferent lv and lower rarity than immo staff).

Also agree with how good banish and stat boost for survivability,but it will really good only if u pull minion to standing as tight as posible (since exploding range is about low/med range). Seem cryo amulet (due this amulet DoT) and any pet with banish ability make this staff look better (sometimes I can't clearly see my pet or my staff do banish). Arcane thing should be at least good when stand alone (without influence from outside),which is I can't see from this staff. That's my opinion.

will0
07-31-2016, 06:22 PM
STS is too bz with other stuff they wont didn't even respond to 2 threads on immortal staff...

1. Charging staff doesnt grant any special buff
2. Fix auto-aim
3. AA process should be look at it wont process if it is not in a cluster of mobs

will0
08-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Level 16 arcane staff looks more mean than 56 Immortal staff in process wise

justhell
08-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Level 16 arcane staff looks more mean than 56 Immortal staff in process wise
Yep... but I heard this one also have bad auto aim...lol