PDA

View Full Version : 26 solo artists

Hullukko
09-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Could some explain a phenomenon I see all to often these days. A game list shows an open game of one 26 playing Outer Limits. I join the game with my 26 and catch up to him and he simply leaves. And there are many people that seem to be doing this. What's up with that?

I mean, if they want to play solo, why not use a password? Why let me run catch up to him and then jump away without a word?

I wouldn't really mind otherwise, but I can see that others have noticed this, too, since when I start an outer limits game, very few people join until the first one comes along and I wouldn't mind the company, the more the merrier.

KingFu
09-08-2011, 03:18 AM
I would say a possibility is kill farming. Why they don't make a password protected game, idk. Either way, can always invite friends and kill the boss since he's already cleared a portion of it:D

Acyer
09-08-2011, 06:12 AM
They are farming vanitys.

BodMaster
09-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Farming vanity/kills (Though i find it harder to farm rare/vanity when on own seems as if the percentage drops a considerable amount)

When I used to do this the majority of the time I would password the game, but a few times I would slip or go into a transe and press the game without. Possible to be a mistake, though I gues it would be nice of them to let you know. (When someone would join i would carry on till the end of the level and RMK with password.

Kakatoa91
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Vanity helm or stim/power farm for me at least tryin lol, normally doin solo on maps with lots of easy access chests.
Making cash on low lvl yellow/green.
On OL or other numa maps just add a bit farm kills on the way.
I usually close my games, happens sometimes I forget in a rush.

BodMaster
09-08-2011, 08:19 AM
stim/power farm for me at least tryin lol

Me and Berry tried this before, but found out very shortly after that there is not much in this at all.. though they are needed the stim drops are sooo slow :p

StompArtist
09-08-2011, 08:55 AM
They should lock the games, I agree. Or you are walking on to the last of a group that was just leaving...

Register
09-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Hehe I do that! I do it for kill farming. And im sick of people being rude. I have an amazing ability to solo OL so I use it! I always lock my games unless im open to play with a group. Like the other day, I hosted an OL game and did a half run with CanonicalKoi's character. But if somebody is doing it purely solo, they should lock the game. Then nobody unwanted can come :)