PDA

View Full Version : Custom vs death

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
custom recurve set or custom wing and talon or death set which is better.. I reached lvl 55 with my bird and bought a new custom recurve set... And while doing PvE in victory lap and sewers I died so many times... Gurgox killed me like I was noob.. I never died like this before I was using death shotgun and wing talon set.. Is the recurve set not good it has low armor.. Should I get back to my death set or I should buy the custom wing and talon.. Please help me... My bird is pure dex.

JaytB
09-08-2011, 08:53 AM
custom recurve set or custom wing and talon or death set which is better.. I reached lvl 55 with my bird and bought a new custom recurve set... And while doing PvE in victory lap and sewers I died so many times... Gurgox killed me like I was noob.. I never died like this before I was using death shotgun and wing talon set.. Is the recurve set not good it has low armor.. Should I get back to my death set or I should buy the custom wing and talon.. Please help me... My bird is pure dex.

I'd say, use the death talon set to survive and the custom set to kill bosses. As you already noticed, the death talon set gives you arguably the best protection vs dmg tradeoff. Only against bosses would the base dmg be a bit low to really deal meaningful dmg IMO

Another option would be to get a (cheap) drainers set, it adds a lot of dodge while still dealing a fair amount of dmg. So, basically you could try and use this for mob clearing and, if you like it, sell your death talon set. But yeah custom is difficult to keep alive because it draws a lot of agro from enemies, while not offering much in therms of protection. For quick boss kills 1 or more birds in custom can seriously speed up that process though.

Hope this helps :)

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 09:54 AM
So in short I wasted my 850k today :'(

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
What about custom talon set.?? Thanks for your help..

JaytB
09-08-2011, 10:05 AM
What about custom talon set.?? Thanks for your help..

Custom talon set isn't bad, it certainly deals more dmg as compared to a death talon set. But, survivability is worse in a custom set.

And what did u 'waste' ur gold on? On the custom set? It's really good, but maybe you rush in a bit too much. To survive with a custom set you have to learn to keep a bit of distance or you have to be running with good groups who know what they are doing. Custom is definitely a fantastic set, so I certainly wouldn't call it a waste. I'd say try the custom wing/talon set yourself. It should give you decent protection.

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Gurgox still kicking hell out of me can you help me

Tamino
09-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Custom Talon adds more Crit (wing+talon instead of bow only), but reduces damage too much. If you feel too weak with Custom recurve, try Raid Roach Talon/Wing. Damage is less, but acceptable. Anyway, Custom set rocks against bosses and in PVP !

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Yup I noticed that frm lvl 50 to 55 while using my death set I hardly remember using mana pots but have to use 2 to 3 pots in every run while using the custom set :(:confused:

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Some1 suggested me to put 120 points in str and use a forty set

JaytB
09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Some1 suggested me to put 120 points in str and use a forty set

If you're going for survivabilty, that's definitely a very good choice for birds at your level IMO. If I remember correctly, you'll still need some mana pots with it because the mana regen is really low. If you're going for pure dmg, you'd be better off sticking to custom and adapt your playstyle a little.

wvhills
09-08-2011, 12:21 PM
IMO if you're a bird you're there for one thing- to deal out massive damage. So from my view of thinking there's no question that custom is way superior to death. I use custom on my bear and don't have a problem surviving in sewers or nuri's. I realize a big part of that is because of iron blood and my ability to stun mobs. You may just need to adjust you're play style. Instead of rushing in first wait for the bear to lead and group mobs then come in and do what you do best. With my dual spec bear I have 48 crit unbuffed. As a pure dex bird I'd say yours is even higher. 78 crit buffed is hard to argue with. I don't want to offend anyone but I see pally's and warbirds as a waste of a spot in nuri's and sewers. Their damage output is just way to low. So my suggestion is to stick with custom recurve, follow ur tank and use ur range to ur advantage!!!

zuesmirza
09-08-2011, 01:02 PM
:confused::(

pastrychef
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Gurgox still kicking hell out of me can you help me

Gurgox can one hit anyone wearing any gear.

Asaciuacor
09-08-2011, 02:24 PM
gurgox? i dont think so pastry he has never one hit me..

zuesmirza, learn to kite so he cant hit you, birds should float like a butterfly sting like a bee, youknowwhatimean:D

pastrychef
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
gurgox? i dont think so pastry he has never one hit me..

zuesmirza, learn to kite so he cant hit you, birds should float like a butterfly sting like a bee, youknowwhatimean:D

When you don't reach an Orb in time, one hit.

Moogerfooger
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19725-Raid-Roach-vs.-Henchman-s-vs.-Sentinel-archer-gear-a-comparison

This does not include Custom, but does have the Death gear in it. Custom is basically RR with better crit, h/s, m/s, and roughly the same armor if you want to look at numbers.

The Death Shotgun has about the same armor as Custom, just has a slightly longer range than the bow, which may be why you are dying a little more.

Duped
09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
You just need to learn to play your bird correctly. I keep custom recurve on my bird and do just fine. If you really need help, you can add me and watch as we do runs, or like as been stated, learn to let the bears take mob control and you can still play agressive, just learn to let them go in first. Well, that and learn to spam health pots. You are weak, but you are also really powerful, learn to harness the power and you'll help your team much better than swapping to STR gear.

zuesmirza
09-09-2011, 12:33 AM
PASTRY@ yep he kills me in 1 hit..

DUPED@ your ign please My ign: meatheadsend

Arterra
09-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Sent talon set good for any occasion.
Custom set good for bosses or experienced players.

Kite gurgox but always stay near an orb. Frankly it should not be hard. Solo is almost easier than in group since they might steal your orb.

zuesmirza
09-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Confused different ppl telling me different things.. I think custom set is only for looks wondering if i should sell it..

Moogerfooger
09-09-2011, 02:44 AM
The Custom set is the best dex set in the game up to lvl 55. It deals huge damage because of the high crit, has better stats than RR mostly, and has good h/s regeneration. It has as much armor as the Sent Shotgun, and way more damage. The Sentinel Talon set is the best TALON set up to lvl 55. Many 55 and 56 (before the new campaign) would use Sentinel Talon set on hard maps, even though it is lvl 50.

The Custom set is not "only for looks". There is a reason it was so expensive for so long, and why every single person who could afford it bought it as soon as they could. In some ways, it is almost as good as the new lvl 60 sets, although it has lower armor than the 60 sets.

One thing that I found helped me a lot is to get the 2 dodge/8 armor ring, if you have the plat. It doesn't seem like much, but it helped out my survivability a lot when maps got harder.

zuesmirza
09-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Ofcourse the custom set got more damage but it has low mana regenerate and armor.. I am always shouting rev rev rev...

I think death set is better for me

Moogerfooger
09-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Custom set has as much armor as the Death Shotgun set. Yes the mana regen is lower. But that has nothing to do with you going revrevrev, lol. Armor and dodge do. And how fast you can pot :p

Sentinel Talon set is a good all around set with slightly lower damage...sounds like it may be best for your style, good luck!

Shadowie
09-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Imo, custom need some skill to use it fully. As for the death talon set, u can actually fool around and yet still survive due to the dodges. If u lack the skill in custom, death talon is best for u then.

Note, the first player to hit 61 actually uses custom recurve set all the way till level capped. With elixirs of course.

zuesmirza
09-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Nvm already sold it guys... Well thanks for ol the suggestions..

flyingscv
09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I use just drainers with voi talon and wing and have never had an issue with Gox. Of course you need pots and images but at 55 it should be quite easy already. Maybe you're let down by poor teammates or no mage.