PDA

View Full Version : Make skills go to ELEVEN

SssoulSsshine
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
In honor of Nigel Tufnel Day, 11-11-11, I suggest that max points for all skills be set to 11.

As a level 60 mage, I have all but a couple maxed, and I'm quite sure probably 90% use exactly the same, 0 points in Frostbite, 1 point in Res, and then select one skill to be 4 or a couple to be 5.

Of course this would be a major overhaul, you'd have to redo all the damage levels etc.

If you just set it to 11 now, you wouldn't have to adjust again. Rather than bump to 6 at 56, then bump to 7 at 71, bump to 8 at 85, etc.

This would allow for different builds rather than everyone being the same. You would have to actually choose to either max a few skills or have all of them at half. Endless possibilities rather than EVERYONE BEING THE SAME.

Personally, I would like to see that last point that maxes a skill count extra. Make having a skill maxed mean something. Make it go to eleven.

Now, you might say, well why can't you just have them go to 10 and make 10 more powerful?
My, answer, is of course, but ours go to 11.

Navygreen
09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I like the idea but something like this I imagine would take a loong time lol..

I wish skills could go up a few points, too. 11 seems a bit high, but the idea is cool.. :)

Piosidon
09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Birds over 150 crit isn't good, especially pvp.

Bunnyshoota
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Birds over 150 crit isn't good, especially pvp.
Lolz so true

Register
09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Lol if birds get 150 crit RR prices would probably tank! But I want 150 crit :P Gotta feed my birdie some meatshield...meat...

WhoIsThis
09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Buffs in general should not be made too powerful. If points are increased, buffs should not be as was pointed out above.

Darkfader
09-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think it's needed yet, when level cap rise next time it would be good idea to raise it into 7. :]
But that's just my opinion.

Orcish
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM
So players could basically 1 hit everything?

Piosidon
09-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Also custom mages could just use fire along with buffs to one hit kill birds (assuming birds don't dodge)

Ayc2000
09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
no, 11 is prob. too high..we'd have overpowered toons running around 1hitting everything with no need for skill. i say we add new skills, but that would take some time coming up with new ones...maybe raise it to 7..idek what im talking about though..don't mind me XD

Dartagnian
09-08-2011, 08:33 PM
How bout allowing 1 or 2 skill extras, kinda like specializations of skills to be bought with multiple points? Itd make ya really think about which skill you would want to be lvl 6, right?

Numb
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Yesss please bump.them to 11

Maybe the release of passive skills

Silentarrow
09-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Eleven would be too overpowered. I'd like to see more skills added or the skill level cap raised to 7.

SssoulSsshine
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
So players could basically 1 hit everything?

Several have made similar comments, I'm not trying to single out Orcish...

The idea is two-fold: first, obviously, you can't just add 5 more skill points with the damages and debuffs as they are now and make skills that much more powerful...You would have to rework the numbers so that six points in the retooled system is less than 6 points in the new system. A skill that is maxed now with 6 points might need eight or nine points to do the same thing as it does now.

Second, I dislike that everyone has almost exactly the same build with all their skills maxed. And if you only change to 7 being max, you're just going to have to change again at 70, then again at 80, and again at 90. Some people will have a few skills maxed (which would be more powerful than they are now, but those people would have less skills) and some people will have all the skills balanced, but which will be a little less powerful.

Eleven might indeed be too much, it was for Spinal Tap dramatic effect. But the main idea is to encourage different builds, and allow for future cap raises without having to do this every couple of cap raises.

Xazic
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
11 is far too much but there are a few options to this:
1) if add to something as low as 11, the skill dmg in pvp should be lowered again...
2) or add just to 7 or 8, so everyone won't be stuck on the same skill build

I personally like the option 2 better, as the lowering is such a long process, and the results aren't as sure...

AbsolutePally
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
This is just a bad idea. I've seen this presented before. It would throw off the balance to a not fun degree. People who post 11 orr 12 typically don't have a sense of how pl functions. Pvp would be ruined, and this suggestion is strictly representative of pve ppl. IF this was ever done, many would quit. Might as well make it a one player game if your skills are 12, why would u need help? Will the trash and bosses get harder? Seems like a big endless circle going nowhere. The pve aspect of the game is easy enough as is, we don't need to be op in a dungeon.
Furthermore, can you imagine the already big egod twinks w say 11 drain? As if w the sets and pvp builds we have mages can do over 500 damage to lightly armored enemies such as dex birds or staff mages. 500 is more health than they have as is.
Dislike.
So you want to be different? Well your end game and you should have full access to all your skills by now. That's apart of being at the top level wise.