PDA

View Full Version : Now I want to state why I'm not happy with this event...

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 09:15 AM
First, I want to make this clear: I'm not asking for drama or whatever. I just want to state my opinion as a warrior. Or is stating it not allowed anymore...? I just want to give sts feedback...

*cough* unpopular opinion time...

I think everyone can agree loot is just not that good. G said somewhere they'd be releasing about 100+ deeds, which doesn't seem that many considering how many players there are, trying to get anything out of the event. Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.

Then, as a tank, a proper tank with aegis and not a tank who wishes to be a rouge, I get killed in 4 shots, and unless I use juggernaut red-zone hit kills me. There's not much fun in dying. When I do it with rouges/mages they do all the damage while I try to keep the aggro, and jarl is apparently un-tauntable.

I know probably no one is going to agree to this, but its my personal opinion, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 09:24 AM
First, I want to make this clear: I'm not asking for drama or whatever. I just want to state my opinion as a warrior. Or is stating it not allowed anymore...? I just want to give sts feedback...

*cough* unpopular opinion time...

I think everyone can agree loot is just not that good. G said somewhere they'd be releasing about 100+ deeds, which doesn't seem that many considering how many players there are, trying to get anything out of the event. Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.

Then, as a tank, a proper tank with aegis and not a tank who wishes to be a rouge, I get killed in 4 shots, and unless I use juggernaut red-zone hit kills me. There's not much fun in dying. When I do it with rouges/mages they do all the damage while I try to keep the aggro, and jarl is apparently un-tauntable.

I know probably no one is going to agree to this, but its my personal opinion, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.

I dunno, but the red zone is pretty easy to avoid. I think considering this is a "FREE" event I think the loot rate is justifiable.

nightmaresmoke
07-27-2016, 09:27 AM
The red zone is there for a reason -_- avoid it unless you want suicide lol

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

dinzly
07-27-2016, 09:29 AM
lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive from jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone

Justg
07-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Aside from releasing tons of furnishing/house slots, there's really no good loot.

Thank you for the feedback.

In this event we drop (from rarest to most common):

- Tavern deeds
- Lodge deeds
- Cottage deeds
- Starter House deeds
- Smelly Helm vanity
- Housing inventory slots
- Housing furnishing slots
- 2K gold
- Jarl furniture (paintings, posters, piles of gold and jewels, decorative chests)
- Uncommon furniture
- Common furniture

Out of 100K runs on the Jarl, how many would you expect to drop from these types of things?

We did drop tons of slots, is this good loot? Is good loot the type of item? Rarity of drop? Market value? Remember, to a large degree rarity defines market value.

In your opinion, what is "good loot"?

nightmaresmoke
07-27-2016, 09:35 AM
lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone
Good point there if a tank can't take red zones why not just simply avoid right? Don't act tough just bcoz your a tank do that when you're properly geared enough.

mondeng006
07-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Doing atleast 5-7 hours hunt per day. ZERO deed drop.. not even seen a deed drop in parties I have run with. Too rare or just bad luck?

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 09:37 AM

- Tavern deeds
- Lodge deeds
- Cottage deeds
- Starter House deeds
- Smelly Helm vanity
- 2K gold
- Jarl furniture (paintings, posters, piles of gold and jewels, decorative chests)
- Uncommon furniture
- Common furniture

Out of 100K runs on the Jarl, how many would you expect to drop from these types of things?

We did drop tons of slots, is this good loot? Is good loot the type of item? Rarity of drop? Market value? Remember, to a large degree rarity defines market value.

The deeds are good loot, certainly, and the super smelly helm. But you said they were extremely rare, and I'm not expecting something worth so much to drop often, but I've tried - tried a lot - and I only looted common - rare - epic furniture, 2k gold, that stuff. The best I've looted is a breakfast table, a few other cheap vanity items, and a small gold pile. I appreciate the effort but I just didn't enjoy the event.
Edit: yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.

dinzly
07-27-2016, 09:42 AM
if i could just get super smelly helm for rouge/tank im super happy [emoji1] [emoji1]

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 09:43 AM
lol..im a tank too using aegis..not using jugg plus wearing lepre i still manage to survive from jarl's red zone..mybe ur pot spamming skill / gear still not good enuf..use chest splitter / HoR next time to counter his red zone..or just avoid the red zone
I avoid the red zone, but sometimes lag pops up, or the red zone catches me by surprise (hey! Human error is still a possibility...) Also I have 8.5k health and 3.5k armor, I'd say that's decent.

Justg
07-27-2016, 09:46 AM
yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.

This is the crux of the matter. Good loot needs to be incredibly rare, but if you are not one of the ones who get lucky, there is "no good loot".

But there is. The deeds are good loot. The helm is good loot. The slots are more common, but also good loot.

If we would have taken a subset of The Jarl's furniture, say the posters, painting, and massive gold piles, and made them drop less frequently (but still more than the deeds) would that make them "good loot"?

Traosabara
07-27-2016, 09:48 AM
I think the loot and drop rates in this event were fine. The main purpose of this event was to get rid of upkeep. STS easily could have just removed upkeep with one quick update, but instead they gave us a whole new mini-event to run. I'm pretty impressed and thankful for the effort.

They're giving us all a free opportunity to fill up on housing inventory and furnishing slots, which usually cost platinum! I don't think anyone should have expected a lot of deeds to drop, as that would be unfair to the players who have already bought the high-tier houses. STS is already sacrificing potential revenue by giving us free upkeep and housing slots; making houses extremely rare drops was a good decision, in my opinion.

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 09:49 AM
This is the crux of the matter. Good loot needs to be incredibly rare, but if you are not one of the ones who get lucky, there is "no good loot".

But there is. The deeds are good loot. The helm is good loot. The slots are more common, but also good loot.

If we would have taken a subset of The Jarl's furniture, say the posters, painting, and massive gold piles, and made them drop less frequently (but still more than the deeds) would that make them "good loot"?
No it wouldn't. Or would it? I just wanted a reward for the hardworking.

nightmaresmoke
07-27-2016, 09:52 AM
I think the loot and drop rates in this event were fine. The main purpose of this event was to get rid of upkeep. STS easily could have just removed upkeep with one quick update, but instead they gave us a whole new mini-event to run. I'm pretty impressed and thankful for the effort.

They're giving us all a free opportunity to fill up on housing inventory and furnishing slots, which usually cost platinum! I don't think anyone should have expected a lot of deeds to drop, as that would be unfair to the players who have already bought the high-tier houses. STS is already sacrificing potential revenue by giving us free upkeep and housing slots; making houses extremely rare drops was a good decision, in my opinion.
Ikr just be thankful of the mini event sts gave us if you looted something good be thankful but if you weren't lucky enough better luck next time for the upcoming events as simple as that.

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 09:55 AM
The deeds are good loot, certainly, and the super smelly helm. But you said they were extremely rare, and I'm not expecting something worth so much to drop often, but I've tried - tried a lot - and I only looted common - rare - epic furniture, 2k gold, that stuff. The best I've looted is a breakfast table, a few other cheap vanity items, and a small gold pile. I appreciate the effort but I just didn't enjoy the event.
Edit: yes the slots, previously expensive, were a nice addition. My definition of good loot is marketing value, and to give it a high value it either has to be on high demand or incredibly rare.

See, a prime example "I didn't loot a deed or a helm" therefore the event is a failure. Some people see stuff thru a peephole while others have a more larger view. Personally, I didn't loot anything of value but it was one of the better events that I have seen from STS. This event could've easily turned into one that requires energy and other instruments to access. I for one am thankful and hope everyone had a good time.

PS: Learn to be happy for others, in turn you'll live a happier live.

dinzly
07-27-2016, 09:55 AM
, and most of you can't imagine having low damage.

im a former mage hving a pretty good stats still i quit playing it cuz i dont feel the fun to be a mage unlike playing as a tank ..mybe u should change class too if u dont feel good being the "low damage" class..just my personal opinion

Vixenne
07-27-2016, 09:57 AM
And this event is free for all. Your choice if you wanna spend on a few Luck Elixirs but truly, this mini event is great.

dinzly
07-27-2016, 11:52 AM
wait for this event and Jarl will make u happy [emoji4]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160727/ed7f66c675bf5326a981feb5a204dc08.jpg

Fyrce
07-27-2016, 12:24 PM
I didnt loot a deed or a smelly helm, but I am happily collecting furniture inventory slots and housing slots, so I wont have to use plat if/when I need these later. Plus there is a sale going on, did people forget? I picked up some cheap deeds. Obviously I also got furniture items I have never seen before, so hopefully killing Jarl for slots and furniture and the sale will become an annual event.

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 02:02 PM
See, a prime example "I didn't loot a deed or a helm" therefore the event is a failure. Some people see stuff thru a peephole while others have a more larger view. Personally, I didn't loot anything of value but it was one of the better events that I have seen from STS. This event could've easily turned into one that requires energy and other instruments to access. I for one am thankful and hope everyone had a good time.

PS: Learn to be happy for others, in turn you'll live a happier live.
What can I earn from this event aside from slots? How is this " I didn't loot deed or helm this event is bad"? Doing km3 is literally better than the event.

Justg
07-27-2016, 02:19 PM
What can I earn from this event aside from slots? How is this " I didn't loot deed or helm this event is bad"? Doing km3 is literally better than the event.

Thanks for the feedback. I still have questions for you:

- Tavern deeds
- Lodge deeds
- Cottage deeds
- Starter House deeds
- Smelly Helm vanity
- 2K gold
- Uncommon furniture
- Common furniture

Gouiwaa9000
07-27-2016, 03:04 PM
I just wanted a reward for the hardworking.

Reward for hard working? This even is FREE. You didnt pay anything lol , portals spawn everywhere and jark dies in a few hits.

What reward does sts get for their hard working to release this event? You know they gain 0 profit from events like this , but still release them to make us happy , as long as you dont pay , just take what is given for free :)

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I still have questions for you:
Out of 100k runs: I'd call you lucky to get 5 tavern/lodge/cottage deeds. Not 10 super smelly helms either. Though you'd get plenty of furnishing slots and slightly less house slots. Huge amounts of 2k gold. About... ummm... I can't exactly group jarl furniture. Silver/gilded chests drop often, but paintings, posters, and piles of gold are rather rare. You'd still get tons of jewels. Common/uncommon furniture is what you'd loot 60% of the time.
Sorry if this is a terrible approximation, it's how I view loot right now.

Yes, I believe the furnishing and housing slots are good loot. Previously the only way to get them was to use plat. Now, furnishing slots are cheap but I open them, housing slots I can sell for more than a locked crate.
Good loot... My definition of good loot is something I can use or something that has a decent market value. For me, a "decent market value" is about 10k only lol. How much you sell it for is determined by demand/supply. Which is the problem. If you give us stuff easy to loot it won't be worth much. If you give us stuff hard to loot few people will be able to get it but they would be very happy people. What I notice in arcane legends is there's no in between. Simply you farm either locks, for 6-7k each, or mold, for 900k-1M. I'd be happy if we got an item ten times as rare as a lock and worth ten times as much, but does such an item exist...?
G, thank you for reading this. I believe I've answered all your questions.

Elshaddoll
07-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Reward for hard working? This even is FREE. You didnt pay anything lol , portals spawn everywhere and jark dies in a few hits.

What reward does sts get for their hard working to release this event? You know they gain 0 profit from events like this , but still release them to make us happy , as long as you dont pay , just take what is given for free :)
Hard working =/= paying. Hard working is when you run the event for hours. Also I've already said I appreciate sts' effort. I really do appreciate that they're working to make us happy.

Kakashis
07-27-2016, 04:36 PM
I will just say the event was nicely balanced in terms of random loot and what was looted. I personally didn't loot anything of value, but was more than happy to buy a smelly helm off someone. The items that were made available on this event are quite pretty and desirable like the gold piles!

Gouiwaa9000
07-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Out of 100k runs: I'd call you lucky to get 5 tavern/lodge/cottage deeds. Not 10 super smelly helms either. Though you'd get plenty of furnishing slots and slightly less house slots. Huge amounts of 2k gold. About... ummm... I can't exactly group jarl furniture. Silver/gilded chests drop often, but paintings, posters, and piles of gold are rather rare. You'd still get tons of jewels. Common/uncommon furniture is what you'd loot 60% of the time.
Sorry if this is a terrible approximation, it's how I view loot right now.

Yes, I believe the furnishing and housing slots are good loot. Previously the only way to get them was to use plat. Now, furnishing slots are cheap but I open them, housing slots I can sell for more than a locked crate.
Good loot... My definition of good loot is something I can use or something that has a decent market value. For me, a "decent market value" is about 10k only lol. How much you sell it for is determined by demand/supply. Which is the problem. If you give us stuff easy to loot it won't be worth much. If you give us stuff hard to loot few people will be able to get it but they would be very happy people. What I notice in arcane legends is there's no in between. Simply you farm either locks, for 6-7k each, or mold, for 900k-1M. I'd be happy if we got an item ten times as rare as a lock and worth ten times as much, but does such an item exist...?
G, thank you for reading this. I believe I've answered all your questions.

The ere massive gold piles they cost 50k , middle ground enough for me. Also something with a high price and decent drop rate will be farmed so much until it drops to nothing , this is how things work.
The only way to do so is add a high liquidation price on a item , but that will cause inflation , and will eventually destroy the economy.

Also , a couple middle items that you can farm :

Breeze egg
Dragon bar
Northal vanity weapons
Orc fangs ( used to be a great way of making gold , not sure about now tough )
Vials ( only 10k now tough )
Gold elite runner chests
Shadowlurk , shadowfang , wrathjaw , geaorge , kelvin and malsion eggs
Sacks of dragin teeth ( dont remember exact name , but they are quite expensive for their price in dragin tooth )

And there are alot more

epicrrr
07-28-2016, 11:57 AM

- Tavern deeds
- Lodge deeds
- Cottage deeds
- Starter House deeds
- Smelly Helm vanity
- 2K gold
- Uncommon furniture
- Common furniture

For a free event, this is actually a nice one. I mean. Who doesnt like a free event with a chance to get deeds? Lets just be grateful theres this, otherwise they could've just bump up the server and upkeep gone.

Ardbeg
07-28-2016, 03:43 PM
The event gave everyone the chance to max out furniture slots and basic goodies even without the jackpot. The smelly helm is my favourite and i hope we will see a full smelly set over time. I didn't loot something big on event, but the small things added up and could buy the helm with it. All good. Still sorting mugs lol.

Avaree
07-28-2016, 03:59 PM

One thing you have over looked, is what this event saved for many in gold, teeth, coins, & plat. I rate this the best event I have experienced, due to zero craft demands, zero energy, and unlimited types of loot :)