PDA

View Full Version : Fake Bidding / Trolling

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 10:17 AM
I've been meaning to address this issue for the past weeks. I've noticed an uptick in this "annoyance" of late. I'll provide an example of what i'm referring to.

Example
Selling deed 4m
Buyer: I'll offer 3.5m
Seller: Okay, let's deal
Buyer logs off and vanishes...

Can someone tell me what is the point of this? There is nothing to be gain but to be put on an ignore list.

Froxanthar
07-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Some people like or should I say having fun time to gives people hope and take it back.

Same story like mine today, example..

Blue : Buy Magma Egg
Red : I sell Magma Egg 1.5M
Blue : Ok lets deal.
Red : Wait
Blue : Okay
Red : Nevermind, my friend said I can sell this for 4M. I can sell it to you for 3.5M.
Blue : 😭 😂 😠

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Some people like or should I say having fun time to gives people hope and take it back.

Same story like mine today, example..

Blue : Buy Magma Egg
Red : I sell Magma Egg 1.5M
Blue : Ok lets deal.
Red : Wait
Blue : Okay
Red : Nevermind, my friend said I can sell this for 4M. I can sell it to you for 3.5M.
Blue : �� �� ��

At least he provided you with a reason why he changed his mind. The ones that I've dealt with just flat out vanished.

dinzly
07-27-2016, 11:48 AM
- put item in cs
- a buyer pmmed to buy the item just slightly cheaper
- seller cancelled the item listed in cs
- buyer pooofff never showed up anymore

[emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

Bira
07-27-2016, 12:20 PM
I was selling a belt in cs and someone negotiated a price with me so I removed my listing from cs to sell to him and then the guy logged off. I think the player who did this to me must have been someone who I undercut in cs.

Fyrce
07-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Bleh. Ignore them. Use alts you never log on to put things in cs. If you get a lower offer for something in cs, ignore. Or use your other item.

Bira
07-27-2016, 12:32 PM
It was a lesson learned. I didn't have a lot of money so it really hurt me financially. Never again :)

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Luckily, I rarely put items in cs once in a blue moon I do. I would be extra pissed if that were the case. CS fees can be the difference between a good sale or a bad loss...

scarysmerf
07-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Ive had a few offers on items and they were legit guess I was lucky :)

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Ive had a few offers on items and they were legit guess I was lucky :)

Not saying I've haven't received legit offers, just some of these trolls been really getting underneath my skin.

Oaheuzihar
07-27-2016, 01:35 PM
I was selling a belt in cs and someone negotiated a price with me so I removed my listing from cs to sell to him and then the guy logged off. I think the player who did this to me must have been someone who I undercut in cs.

The problem is that with the way the game is set up people will HATE YOU TO THE CORE when you undercut them on cs. I've actually lost a friend in game over a cs undercut.

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 01:39 PM
The problem is that with the way the game is set up people will HATE YOU TO THE CORE when you undercut them on cs. I've actually lost a friend in game over a cs undercut.

Wow, I think if you undercut your "friend" then you are definitely in the wrong. If anything you should just match his price. If it's total strangers then I dun see a problem with undercutting. Everyone wants to sell their products ASAP and sometimes a little bit of undercutting is warranted.

Oaheuzihar
07-27-2016, 01:43 PM
I didn't undercut him. We both put up the same item in quick succession and my price happened to be lower. I tried to explain it to him but he didn't listen and raged at me. (Sigh)

I would never purposely undercut a friend or guildie!!!

Melthyz
07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Wow, that's crazy I guess you can chalked that one up to fate...

Zeus
07-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Personally, if people undercut me, then I just crash the price of the item I'm selling. It's proven to be an effective way to discourage people from undercutting me. :D

Visiting
07-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Personally, if people undercut me, then I just crash the price of the item I'm selling. It's proven to be an effective way to discourage people from undercutting me. :D

Someone please undercut all of Zeus' lvl 56 arcane weapons.

Oaheuzihar
07-27-2016, 08:24 PM

How does one crash the price of an item?

Zylx
07-27-2016, 10:37 PM
The scenario in the OP's post is actually quite funny and sounds like something i would do. But nonetheless, if i see someone undercut an expensive item that im looking to buy, if i see something listed for 2,000,000 and then another for 1,999,999, then i buy the 2m item.

Trenton
07-27-2016, 10:51 PM
The scenario in the OP's post is actually quite funny and sounds like something i would do. But nonetheless, if i see someone undercut an expensive item that im looking to buy, if i see something listed for 2,000,000 and then another for 1,999,999, then i buy the 2m item.
You would offer someone on an item then never show up to buy it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Zylx
07-27-2016, 11:16 PM
You would offer someone on an item then never show up to buy it?

Sure why not? Especially if someone is trying to sell something for more than it's worth. No one loses any gold or anything, i just like to waste peoples' time. I do it to my friends all the time and they got smart and realized i only buy what i need. They get angry for a sec because of the inconvenience, then we laugh together and continue on with our lives. If you dont have a sense of humor then we cant be friends imo. I wouldnt ask people using the cs, causing them to waste the listing fee. Im not that mean. Just the people who shout/spam in towns.

Plqgue
07-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Sure why not? Especially if someone is trying to sell something for more than it's worth. No one loses any gold or anything, i just like to waste peoples' time. I do it to my friends all the time and they got smart and realized i only buy what i need. They get angry for a sec because of the inconvenience, then we laugh together and continue on with our lives. If you dont have a sense of humor then we cant be friends imo. I wouldnt ask people using the cs, causing them to waste the listing fee. Im not that mean. Just the people who shout/spam in towns.

The person who ur lying to loses his golds from listing in auction

Zylx
07-28-2016, 12:14 AM
The person who ur lying to loses his golds from listing in auction
...If you dont have a sense of humor then we cant be friends imo. I wouldnt ask people using the cs, causing them to waste the listing fee. Im not that mean. Just the people who shout/spam in towns.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Plqgue
07-28-2016, 12:18 AM
...If you dont have a sense of humor then we cant be friends imo. I wouldnt ask people using the cs, causing them to waste the listing fee. Im not that mean. Just the people who shout/spam in towns.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Only read the first sentence lmao

Zylx
07-28-2016, 12:21 AM
Only read the first sentence lmao
Yeah haha, i do the ding dong ditch thing in a lighthearted way, but i would never make someone lose anything for a laugh.

Trenton
07-28-2016, 12:34 AM
OP wasn't talking about friends, I'm sure they meant on Trader's Market

Plqgue
07-28-2016, 12:44 AM
Yeah haha, i do the ding dong ditch thing in a lighthearted way, but i would never make someone lose anything for a laugh.
Happened to me twice now I don't do deals with anyone I tell them buy in cs

Java
07-28-2016, 01:58 AM
Maybe get the listing fee as earnest money before removing item. Then deduct it from the agreed upon purchase price. If they take off, at least you have the earnest money to relist it.

Potato is me
07-28-2016, 03:26 AM
here's one example which just happened

If you guys want to add him to your ignore list, please pm me because its against the forum rules to point out any individuals in public, i will give you his ign and forum name

Edit comment: When merching gets hard ... People do funny stuff, new level of lowballing

Kingofninjas
07-28-2016, 09:48 AM
As a general rule, for items that are almost guaranteed sales, like crates and certain jewels, I undercut by a low amount. For less likely sales, I undercut by the amount the person above me undercut the person above him.

Zylx
07-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Maybe get the listing fee as earnest money before removing item. Then deduct it from the agreed upon purchase price. If they take off, at least you have the earnest money to relist it.

Player A lists something in auction
Player B sees it and pms an offer
Player A accepts but demands compensation for listing fee
Player B gives Player A 150k for the listing fee
Player A runs away and logs off

hallowring
07-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Omg omg whhhhyyy WHAT?! just found out about this feels sickning XD

Fyrce
07-28-2016, 01:57 PM
For guaranteed sales, i dont even bother undercutting. No need. I put my item up a few. There really is no need to worry about undercutting one way or the other. Either things will sell (multiple people want) or things wont. There arent that many desirable items that wont sell unless you are testing the market.

Potato is me
07-28-2016, 05:47 PM
here's one example which just happened

If you guys want to add him to your ignore list, please pm me because its against the forum rules to point out any individuals in public, i will give you his ign and forum name

Edit comment: When merching gets hard ... People do funny stuff, new level of lowballing

This same guy saw the post and pmed me claiming proudly that he used manners, like using a tool for merching lol, he con interview for 2 face in some batman movies

Lopezman
07-28-2016, 06:21 PM
I should be polite too then! Maybe i can get the new arcane weapons for 200k, please?

Jay Gatsby
07-28-2016, 08:02 PM
This same guy saw the post and pmed me claiming proudly that he used manners, like using a tool for merching lol, he con interview for 2 face in some batman movies

Wow, this guy is real! Haha give me his ign and forum name, i dont mind people using tactics like those to buy stuff but i cannot stand actors around me

Leprechaun
07-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Wow, this guy is real! Haha give me his ign and forum name, i dont mind people using tactics like those to buy stuff but i cannot stand actors around me

These people are usually cunning and sly, they become your good friend with the intention to scam... hit me with his ign too! I will ignore him ;)

Potato is me
07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Pming u guys now

Universalpro
07-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Oh it happens all the time while merching
Ppl will offer an amount and take it back within seconds or simply log off. Just get used to it and ignore them lol there are plenty of buyers out there^^

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trenton
07-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Player A lists something in auction
Player B sees it and pms an offer
Player A accepts but demands compensation for listing fee
Player B gives Player A 150k for the listing fee
Player A runs away and logs off
How did you come up with that one? It's called give 150k more for the item

Darkquantum
07-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Lol why were you asking so much? 2m is alot. I looked they were in forum for 2m/2.2m. Lucky fellow to find it just before he got ripped off by a merch

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Zylx
07-29-2016, 01:28 PM
How did you come up with that one? It's called give 150k more for the item

Are we talking about having buyers compensate the listing fee or having people offering to buy something in auction and run away when the seller cancels their auction listing?

How would charging more prevent someone from running away once the seller cancels their auction listing? And if the seller makes the buyer pay for the listing fee and deducts it from the sale price, it opens up the possibility of the buyer getting scammed.

The only way to prevent something like this is to either keep what you have in the auction until it expires, or keep it out of the auction and shout in towns hoping someone will take interest.

konafez
07-29-2016, 01:40 PM
I had this happen just the other day ..it went like..

Me: sell arc aegis 2.3 mill

Namless player : I will pay 2.1 mil

Me: ehhh...OK ile do it..

Namless player : never mind..I pass...

Me: wtf are you smoking?

Melthyz
07-29-2016, 01:57 PM
I had this happen just the other day ..it went like..

Me: sell arc aegis 2.3 mill

Namless player : I will pay 2.1 mil

Me: ehhh...OK ile do it..

Namless player : never mind..I pass...

Me: wtf are you smoking?

Lol, yeah man seems like some sort of weird trend. Recently, even when I do received a bid I still shout my lines until they pted me. I did learned to just let it go and move on, before it really did annoyed me.

Purplemint
02-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Nice post. Good to know that.

Purplemint
02-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Hahahahaha epic

voidPtr
02-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Where did you dug this one from? :)
And yeah, was a good read.
Anyway, think some auction improvements would be welcome. for better negotiating,bidding,merching,etc.; could lead to less annoying incidents,scams,lies,etc.