PDA

View Full Version : Flippin' Thieves oh my holy power-muffins!!!!!!

Zithorio
04-14-2010, 12:46 AM
HONESTLY! This dude joined a game of mine while I was soloing and caught up to me and did maybe the last 1/7 of damage on two guys and they BOTH dropped BLUE gem items one of which >I< could use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uthgjhshdjjchcbdbdjd!!!!!!!! Please do somehing about this, it's really turning me away from this game. By the way the gem staff of ahnold is green and looks cool!!!!!! So again, please do something!!!!!:eek:

Deathshock
04-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Shoulda locked your game if you wanted to solo =/

Just unlucky I guess

Justg
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
PW protection is the number one way to keep unwanted players from your games, but we're looking into more ways to protect you from leechers. This week we put in some server code that prevents people from getting XP unless they are in observation range of the mobs. What other methods would you fine folk suggest?

Scralings
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
The loot should be given out to different players every time. I have noticed lots of streaks where the same person gets loot over and over. Also instead of dropping uncommon or rare items on all mobs make only bosses drop rare loot so that there is a payoff for finishing a level. Maybe just bar the bosses drop an item for each player so everyone gets something.

Xervitude
04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
The loot should be given out to different players every time. I have noticed lots of streaks where the same person gets loot over and over. Also instead of dropping uncommon or rare items on all mobs make only bosses drop rare loot so that there is a payoff for finishing a level. Maybe just bar the bosses drop an item for each player so everyone gets something.

Some of the purple items arent really even all that good, maybe make them really great items and like a 2% chance of dropping from mini boss or 5% chance of dropping from level boss? This whole 'accidental thieving' issue wont be as bad if they institute some kinda auction house (which is my preference) and / or allow trading.

_ck
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
The loot dispersion seems to be very much a lottery. One time I was playing the same guy got like 4 drops in a row.. But play it enough and things seem to even out. I level through all of Dark Forest without getting anything worthwhile, it's only now when I've been grinding for a bit that I've gotten some better stuff, including my first purple item (that I sadly can't use, argh!).

But yeah, password protect if you want to solo.

Lord Demacus
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM
The status of items doesn't show who gets potions, i've had two items in a row, as have other people, please make it so that potions and equipment are shared differently, so that every person gets an item etc etc...

Skeeta
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
It has nothing to do with hitting a mob as to wether you get a drop. My pacifist Mage has zero kills and stills gets drops.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Not going to lie, I love the pacifist mage.

Zithorio
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, whenever I fully kill a mob, I get the drop, I'm talking about while playing with others. And then to get TWO blues in a row? Seems suspicious to me!

Skeeta
04-15-2010, 12:14 AM
You mean unlucky. Trust me I have attacked zero mobs from 1-19 now and sometimes I get 3-4 items in a row. It's random.

rdurham527
04-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I would like to see only good items such as purple/pink items ONLY drop from bosses. There are tons of people that play solo just to farm good gear and don't even kill the bosses. That kinda throws the whole online multiplayer out. That is just my take on this though.