PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see a team-boot button implemented.

Hankomachos
09-08-2011, 08:46 PM
As the title says, a team-boot button would be an excellent addition to PL and SL. I was doing a nuri run and right after the ghost of music boss i always take a left to finish off the last mob and my whole team runs off to the right and leaves me to die. I wanted to boot them all but once you boot one; they all leave as fast as they can! That's why a team boot button would be nice; maybe put it in the slash commands? perhaps... /bootteam? I'm sensing that I'm going to get a lot of negative feedback but remember... it's just a suggestion! :)

KingFu
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Would get WAY too much abuse out of it.

Otukura
09-08-2011, 08:54 PM
As the title says, a team-boot button would be an excellent addition to PL and SL. I was doing a nuri run and right after the ghost of music boss i always take a left to finish off the last mob and my whole team runs off to the right and leaves me to die. I wanted to boot them all but once you boot one; they all leave as fast as they can! That's why a team boot button would be nice; maybe put it in the slash commands? perhaps... /bootteam? I'm sensing that I'm going to get a lot of negative feedback but remember... it's just a suggestion! :)

Not everyone wants to do those mobs, booting before a boss because you're annoyed at them? That's something worth booting for; not if they're just playing how they always have. I'm sorry, but it just seems like you're in the wrong here.

Flickz
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Kinda harsh suggestion...

Hankomachos
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Not everyone wants to do those mobs, booting before a boss because you're annoyed at them? That's something worth booting for; not if they're just playing how they always have. I'm sorry, but it just seems like you're in the wrong here.

Since I don't want to start anything, I'm going to leave it at this: :banana: that is all

BTW I don't boot before bosses, I boot when people are:
1) disrespectful
2) run off and leave people behind (uncoordinated team)
3) bears that scatter my pulls
4) players that stand around and do nothing

mugen
09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Was this just a random team ? Were they not friends? If so maybe they wanted to boot you for not going their way. Just saying that people play through rooms differently and if not your usual team you have to be ready for this. Not a bootable offense.
And this team boot would be way abused. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flickz
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Hehe, interesting to listen to you guys go all negative over a suggestion. Yup, it's all my fault! THAt, my friends, is why I hate playing with pugs. Next time you see me in game, please boot me, i deserve it. :) Just saying i wasnt being negative but if this was added so many people would abuse this button. Imagine getting to the end of nuri's madness and nuri has a couple more hits left in her then host presses team boot button.

Hankomachos
09-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Just saying i wasnt being negative but if this was added so many people would abuse this button. Imagine getting to the end of nuri's madness and nuri has a couple more hits left in her then host presses team boot button.

I don't condone (nor do i do) before-boss-is-dead-so-i-get-all-the-loot- boots but still, people seem to pull it off with the normal boot button. :)

Whirlzap
09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Guys, let's get the building blocks down.
A. If he can boot, he is host.
B. If he is host, this is his game.
C. If this is his game, he says where to go and people have to follow him.
D. If people disrespect that, he has the right to boot them.
E. Therefore, he is right.

-Team booting would be nice but what if you accidentally booted someone?

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Guys, let's get the building blocks down.
A. If he can boot, he is host.
B. If he is host, this is his game.
C. If this is his game, he says where to go and people have to follow him.
D. If people disrespect that, he has the right to boot them.
E. Therefore, he is right.

-Team booting would be nice but what if you accidentally booted someone?

THANK YOU!
Somebody finally gets it.
And they could make it a slash command so it would minimize accidents. =D

Ellyidol
09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Instead of booting the whole team, why don't you just leave the game instead? Instead of removing four from a game, remove one.

I'm assuming that if you want to use this 'team boot', that they don't listen to you or you're the odd one out wanting to do something else, so I would just leave that team to at least keep those four together. If they're all doing their own thing separately, well, no good will come out from that team and it would still be best to leave.

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
You know how some folks boot at the boss?

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Can someone PLEASE explain what PUGS means??

Also, Hanko, I think it would be a little harsh to boot, not just one party member, but the whole team because they go off in another direction. Seems that you would just follow them since the majority went right or just leave and join another party. Why are they wrong and you're right? Why not the other way around?

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Pick up groups... groups of random people as opposed to starting your level and inviting your friends.

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Pick up groups... groups of random people as opposed to starting your level and inviting your friends.

Thanks so much!

Ellyidol
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Pick Up Game/Group.

Other words, a random game. People in that game probably haven't played together and just searched a random game to join. Usually little to no communication and team play, although some PUGs actually form really good teams.

Edit:

Ninja squirrel!

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Pick Up Game/Group.

Other words, a random game. People in that game probably haven't played together and just searched a random game to join. Usually little to no communication and team play, although some PUGs actually form really good teams.

Edit:

Ninja squirrel!

Gotcha, thanks :)

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Guys, I make my own games...always. why should I leave my own game? It's like owning a home, and being infested with rats. You have two choices: get rid of the rats, or find a new home. The first is plausible, the second is unnecessary.

Otukura
09-09-2011, 03:16 PM
THANK YOU!
Somebody finally gets it.
And they could make it a slash command so it would minimize accidents. =D

Did you specifically tell them to do this part before the boss? If you didn't, it's your fault, and what Whirlz said does not apply.

he says where to go and people have to follow him. If people disrespect that, he has the right to boot them.

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:18 PM
LOL! I got negative rep points 'cus of this post. SOwwwwy that I made an innocent suggestion and sowwwwyy I'm not aloud to boot people from my own games! This rep system is flawwed...

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Negative points for post that folks disagree with discourages free exchange of ideas in my opinion.

And please implement a feature like: /boot self

:D

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Did you specifically tell them to do this part before the boss? If you didn't, it's your fault, and what Whirlz said does not apply.

Does that matter? A good team should follow the leader or leave. They're not babys, why do they need me to tell them where do go?

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Negative points for post that folks disagree with discourages free exchange of ideas in my opinion.

And please implement a feature like: /boot self

:D

They did but i tryed it after the new expansion and it didn't work. :(

Ellyidol
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Guys, I make my own games...always. why should I leave my own game? It's like owning a home, and being infested with rats. You have two choices: get rid of the rats, or find a new home. The first is plausible, the second is unnecessary.

Lol, very bad analogy. A home isn't the same as a hosted game in a video game which takes a few clicks to make. Sounds like your more interested in bossing people around rather than actually having a good game, you should try pvp.

Think about it. Boot the entire team at the mini boss in map 1, you respawn (probably since you died), you wait for another set of four players to join (which is harder to do than an empty game; players are probably less inclined to join a half-finished map 1 than a fresh), walk all the way to that same spot to start up again.

Or

Leave that game, create a new one, players join, and you can clear the map towards that spot again while telling them what you want to do.

Which seems more practical?

Otukura
09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
LOL! I got negative rep points 'cus of this post. SOwwwwy that I made an innocent suggestion and sowwwwyy I'm not aloud to boot people from my own games! This rep system is flawwed...

You can have my word I did not do it.

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 10:21 PM
You can have my word I did not do it.

Don' worry 'bout it.