PDA

View Full Version : Noobs...

antonium
09-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I just wonder why people call people noobs and don't just help each other out.We were all noobs at some point right? where's the compassion for you're fellow gamer.....

StompArtist
09-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Noob is a bad word? I was sure folks were cheering me!

antonium
09-08-2011, 11:35 PM
It's not necessarily a bad word but tends to have a negative connotation

Zeus
09-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Fact: People always feel the need to have superiority over others. It's why competition exists.

Those who can't achieve superiority in real life will do it through other windows of opportunity, such as said game. Just remember, when they do that, they are the unimaginative ones that need to feel good about themselves. So in short, you did them a favor and boosted their low self esteem.

skavenger216
09-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Join a good guild, they may call you a noob, but it will be in good fun, and afterwards they will help you learn. Noob is a weird word.... It can be used in jest between friends, or as insult between strangers.

CodyBearr
09-09-2011, 12:05 AM
It's annoying.... The power pot players called me a lv56 now 57 a noob cuz they already reached 60 on the 2nd day lol I said sorry I don't buy 200plat worth of pots :-)

Nightarcher
09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
"Noob" originally means a new player, but 80% of the time or more it's just an insult people throw at each other. Like unskilled, or cheap, or annoying, etc. You're pretty much asking everyone in PL to get some self-control, and I agree! But that's natural in the world, and the solution is not in the form of some man-made idea, especially something written on a game-forum. If you want to fix people, you'll have to go a lot deeper, beyond what is usually capable in a video game atmosphere. :)

antonium
09-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I've never had anyone call me a noob but I tend to hear it used alot as an insult I'm just saying why not help those people learn (if they are willing) I try to help others when I see the chance I would want someone to lend me a helping had if I started a new game just like people did when I started pl........

Zaltiar
09-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Don't let what people say get to your head bro :), there's always heaps-o people that will try to bring others down just for their satisfaction.
(they probably never got hugged as a kid)
Just ignore them, literally. hit that ignore button. and leggo. If they cant play fair, thats their issue. let them waste their time calling out others
dont let them waste yours.

JaytB
09-09-2011, 03:24 AM
I call the ignore button, the 'no-drama-button'. Don't be afraid to press it. if people annoy you, just ignore them. There's no point of taking things personal IMO :)

Moogerfooger
09-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Only noobs call people noobs. Pros are too busy killin' and lootin' for such stupid name calling.

Uepauke
09-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Only noobs call people noobs. Pros are too busy killin' and lootin' for such stupid name calling.

WIN.

CrimsonTider
09-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Simple explanation: Kids and immature adults. Period

sun light
09-09-2011, 06:55 AM
fact: ool doesnt listen.
for ex u explain them not hurt the bins. they sat ok. and then they use area spells like crazy...
after we all dead u understand the problem... who urw dealing with.
so u try again and tell him plz... use only auto weapon only at boss! !
and.. as u can gues... noob stays noob lol
or u tell them no to kill mini boss (farming 51) so they kill him and then as"but why??"
at the monet that word cross ure mind...
but u hold it... deep inside u hahaha
then, u look at what he is wearing, and u can see he wear ice wand (the one with 0.5 speed) and his armor is. 90 and u tell him hi...with staff u can get more armor and more dmg!! cos with that wand he has. 110 dmg... at the sewers is like. 30 real dmg on mobs....
and all uve got is the noobs answer.....
but i have 220 dps! !!!!!!
thats it!!! u cant hold it anymore and u r telling him
"nooooob!!! why ur not listen to meeeee"
and u boot him.
end of story. .
im glad to help noobs, each time i see noob walking with noobs gear im talking to them and explain theier problem.
more rhen that. i even bought green set lvl 51 for some of them.
but noob is not only who did a mistake, or asking me what is cs?
or where he can buy pots
thats ok. we all been there,
noob is the one who dont listen and think he is the smartest guy in cs. and how much ull tell him he wrong? is like talking to the wall.
with that noobs i have a problem lol

CrimsonTider
09-09-2011, 07:01 AM
fact: ool doesnt listen.
for ex u explain them not hurt the bins. they sat ok. and then they use area spells like crazy...
after we all dead u understand the problem... who urw dealing with.
so u try again and tell him plz... use only auto weapon only at boss! !
and.. as u can gues... noob stays noob lol
or u tell them no to kill mini boss (farming 51) so they kill him and then as"but why??"
at the monet that word cross ure mind...
but u hold it... deep inside u hahaha
then, u look at what he is wearing, and u can see he wear ice wand (the one with 0.5 speed) and his armor is. 90 and u tell him hi...with staff u can get more armor and more dmg!! cos with that wand he has. 110 dmg... at the sewers is like. 30 real dmg on mobs....
and all uve got is the noobs answer.....
but i have 220 dps! !!!!!!
thats it!!! u cant hold it anymore and u r telling him
"nooooob!!! why ur not listen to meeeee"
and u boot him.
end of story. .
im glad to help noobs, each time i see noob walking with noobs gear im talking to them and explain theier problem.
more rhen that. i even bought green set lvl 51 for some of them.
but noob is not only who did a mistake, or asking me what is cs?
or where he can buy pots
thats ok. we all been there,
noob is the one who dont listen and think he is the smartest guy in cs. and how much ull tell him he wrong? is like talking to the wall.
with that noobs i have a problem lol

HUH????

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 07:07 AM
HUH????

lloll... i think i sorta understand what he was sayin... :indecisiveness:

Paar
09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Noob = Newbie! = Beggers, Scammers, and Lvl 20 and Under ...

CanonicalKoi
09-09-2011, 07:11 AM
HUH????

The general gist, I think was, "I have no problems with beginners starting out and asking questions. It's the ones you try to explain things to (like don't shoot the cans after the first time in Roach) that don't listen and get the group wiped (sometimes more than once) that are the true "noobs". Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you Sun Light.

deitz
09-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I Don't let rude ppl get to me I got called a noob last night just cause asked group if they would help kill all baddies cause was my first time in that lvl with one my alt char I got 3 char a 56 bear which I got to 56 way before the lvl cap raise a 55 bird and a 55 mage which is char was using at time so u just can't let one idiot get to u lol

CrimsonTider
09-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I Don't let rude ppl get to me I got called a noob last night just cause asked group if they would help kill all baddies cause was my first time in that lvl with one my alt char I got 3 char a 56 bear which I got to 56 way before the lvl cap raise a 55 bird and a 55 mage which is char was using at time so u just can't let one idiot get to u lol

Where in TN?

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 09:21 AM

Pro-noob!

deitz
09-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I live in chattanooga crimson

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Word!

deitz
09-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Chattanooga

flyingscv
09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Learn the intricacies of the game and no one will call you that. I've never been called a noob in my entire PL experience because I take time to read the forums and post questions if there was something I didn't know. Sometimes people get pissed when you get obviously clueless people charging at bandit king and queen when others are luring, or ignoring the totem when its healing, running into people when you have fever. To me that's unprofessional and not doing your homework which inconveniences others.

I would never do that to others.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Ya bro, what everyone else said. Noob like already said originally means new player. I have noticed in almost every mmo that the word noob is used as a rude remark. Kind of like hahaha, your a loser. Over the years I'm sure the word noob was used as the original definition but as most things one time or another they are corrupted and become used in different ways. Does that mean it should effect you? Na, just let it go, turn the opposite way, press ignore, and enjoy your time on pocket legends. :)

flyingscv
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Ya bro, what everyone else said. Noob like already said originally means new player. I have noticed in almost every mmo that the word noob is used as a rude remark. Kind of like hahaha, your a loser. Over the years I'm sure the word noob was used as the original definition but as most things one time or another they are corrupted and become used in different ways. Does that mean it should effect you? Na, just let it go, turn the opposite way, press ignore, and enjoy your time on pocket legends. :)

Sorry I gotta disagree bro. If someone calls you a noob 9 out of10 times you're doing something wrong. Ignoring it is just plain wrong. I would find out from people what exactly I did to warrant being called a noob and become better from that experience. People get stronger by learning from mistakes. Only animals like ostriches pretend there is no problem by burying their heads in the sand.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Now don't get me wrong, you have a great point. But, I have played Runescape for 9 years I recently quit, and some people called me a noob, and I was level 126. So yes sometimes you deserve it, sometimes you don't, but in the end I guess you never know until you ask.

protectorofnoobs
09-09-2011, 11:42 PM
pocket legends would be a safer place if noone could chat (sigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

sun light
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
antonium and others...
my point is noobs is not ppl that ask silly question.
we dont call a noob and dont try to help them.
we r try to help them!!! but they just dont listen.... they think they r smart and they stay noob lol
and how moch u try... u dont get how they thinking lol
that is the real noob
cos honestly, im helping ppl... but if they dont listen? well.. thats sad.
and the next day u can see the noob doing same mistake.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Chattanooga

LOL! I live in Cleveland and work in Chatt.

Ixillicus
09-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't tend to call people a noob unless they do noob things. Spawn killers, people who join a game and know it's 1v1 then start rushing anyways. But i've been called a noob plenty of times in this game and others. It's just a silly word.

Marrypoppins
09-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Fact: People always feel the need to have superiority over others. It's why competition exists.

Those who can't achieve superiority in real life will do it through other windows of opportunity, such as said game. Just remember, when they do that, they are the unimaginative ones that need to feel good about themselves. So in short, you did them a favor and boosted their low self esteem.

This equals brilliant! Well put!!!