PDA

View Full Version : Taking Screenshots on Unrooted Galaxy Tab 10.1

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey,

I may be late but my galaxy tab (10.1) has been having trouble updating its software. I recently got it to work finally. The update includes the new TouchWiz UX from Samsung (released in August 2011). Some significant changes await you if you haven't already updated.

So now apparently all this talk about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 not being able to take screenshots without being rooted is a thing of the past! If you haven't already, I suggest you check your updates and make sure you download and install the latest from Samsung by going into Settings > About tablet > Update.

I'll post some links to some information about the TouchWiz update but it appears they have added a stock screenshot software button that will remain on your notification bar for you to easily take screenshots with the press of the button (as shown below, the new button is circled).

Very exciting for those who, like me, didn't know this was possible. There are workarounds floating around by using an app which either dosn't work properly, costs money or requires your device to be rooted. There's also a method of downloading a SDK and connecting your tablet to your PC and taking screens that way. I personally have no desire to root this device as it serves every need I could possibly have, stock from the shelves. As popular as it is, it's just not the kind of thing I wanted to do at the moment. I also think it's a hassle to have to have a PC around me anytime I want to take a screen. So this makes it possible for us who own this device, unmodified, to now take screenshots.

I just wanted to share this information for those who may not have known this update was available yet (and it also includes a ton of other changes and goodies to play around with!). Have fun! :frog:

Note: This update only applies to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 users.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 TouchWiz update available now
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-101-touchwiz-update-pushing-out-now

How To: Take a Screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
http://www.careace.net/2011/09/01/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1/

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Confirmed, the screen shots are working perfectly! No need to root anymore, no need for 3rd party apps, or SDK. :)