PDA

View Full Version : Droid Bionic FAIL! Performance issues =/

apoceq
09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Wow I've had my phone for 20 minutes and I'm already thinking about taking it back because it lags so hard when I play.

well over 400 RAM free when I open the game...this is THE top of the line phone and my galaxy S smokes it.

And whats up with everything looking so GRAINY and pixelated?? Devs, are you aware of the performance issues with this phone??

I am thinking that the game does not take advantage of dual core processors yet eh?? :( So sad...Been waiting for the phone since January...

Samhayne
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Apoc.

apoceq
09-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the response Sam. I sure hope you guys can fix these issues. Once again TYVM.

Surely someone in the STS office went out and bought the bionic eh?

razerfingers
09-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I use HTC Evo 3D it has dual core processor and it works great for me no hard lags except where i live bad cell signal so i use wifi

apoceq
09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
are you on gingerbread? 2.3.4?

razerfingers
09-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Yea mine came out 4 months ago i believe it also has crisper image than the evo but then again its rollin htc sense 3
EDIT: yea it has android gingerbread 2.3.4 and has 1.2GHZ dual core processor

Samhayne
09-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the response Sam. I sure hope you guys can fix these issues. Once again TYVM.

There are a lot of phones and devices in the world. It's hard to keep up with them all and also maintain a healthy clip of game development.

razerfingers
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM

There are a lot of phones and devices in the world. It's hard to keep up with them all and also maintain a healthy clip of game development.
Hey sam ive had issues with it crashing like ill have a text waiting to be read ana all of a sudden it crashes and goes to message and im like woahhh what just happened but you guys say clear the cache and stuff but it still does it

apoceq
09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Anyone else have a new bionic

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Excuses. I bet you guys haven't even bothered trying all the cheap knock offs on those China based websites! Sloppy I tell you. LOL

razerfingers
09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone else have a new bionic
A friend of mine in game does he said it works fine i told him eounds like something from star wars lmao

Growwle
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
DROID Bionic has the same display as the x2 and is pixelated and "grainy" by design (supposedly saves power). Also, there are other threads on dual core phone problems in SL and PL, but this is the first thread that I have seen a response.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5837849/motorola-droid-bionic-hands-on-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly

bronislav84
09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Bionic is supposedly no better than a Droid 3. I saw the specs somewhere. Only good thing about it is the battery life IIRC.

Rolocoaster
09-09-2011, 02:12 PM
i am looking into getting a droid bionic as well but now im uncertain if this is true with game play :/

Isititis
09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Sam,
I also just purchased a Bionic. I have the same choppy performance problem.
I also have installation problems. At first, it downloaded and started to install but stopped with an error stating that I don't enough disk space on the phone (odd since this was the first app I installed). On my second installation try it worked fine (or I thought). I played a little while and left. A few hours later, pocket legends disapeared from my app drawer and was not in my applications both in the market place and in settings->applications. I went through the same process of "failed install/good install/play/appdrawer vanish" several times. On my most recent good install, I checked the appdrawer and it was there. I checked settings->applications and it was not there. Then I noticed an app called "sts.pl" in the download section with a generic icon. I assume this must be it.
Not sure what is up here, just thought I would give you the details before it disappears again :)

apoceq
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
ttt. Anyone else out there? I still cant understand why a phone with twice the processor and ram runs 1/4 as good as the galaxy.

apoceq
09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I get the disappearing icons and other issues as well...

octavos
09-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I get the disappearing icons and other issues as well...

Maybe we should start a list which phone has which issues.... like Xperia play 2.3 gingerbread, USA- pushing (L & R) buttons together crash app :D
we gotta help devs narrow each phone problems

apoceq
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Both sl and pl disappeared. On me again..and on reinstall.insufficient memory..wtf?

apoceq
09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Devs?

apoceq
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope that since theres not many bionic users out there that this will not get overlooked. I'm having a really hard time playing maps in both of your games guys.

Beanstatus
10-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I bought the Droid Bionic..and yeah..there's issues with the gameplay. Lag even with wifi. Probably the processor? Ehh :/ On pocket legends.

KingFu
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't have a problem with mine. My ping is general around 167 unless I hop into pvp.

apoceq
10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Mystical are you rooted? Running a custom ROM? and how does SL run?