PDA

View Full Version : Guild Members Etiquette

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I have a question. Is there some sort of etiquette to where you should OR it's a must to announce that you're leaving a guild? So lets say for example, you see someone recruiting in Forest Haven for a new guild. You say, hmm that sounds ok, I'd like to get an invite to check it out and see what it's like.

So you get the invite and accept it. Play for a bit and visit the guild hall, etc. You realize that maybe this isn't the guild for you. You don't really know many people, if any, and you only wanted to check it out real quick to see what it was like. So you quit the guild, never to be seen again.

Is this wrong? Is there not a trial period to where someone can visit the guild hall and meet some members and if you don't like what you see, you can leave? No harm, no foul? Or is it just wrong to accept an invite, check it out, dont like it, dont say anything and just leave?

Im just wondering. Also, if anyone else has any tips on guild etiquette they would like to share, please do. This is serious, I am really wondering.

Thanks! :angel:

Cascade
09-09-2011, 01:09 PM
You should talk to the guild master before you join and tell him that you are just 'testing' the guild out and if you dont like it you wont be there long. When you are ready to quit tell the guild master that you are leaving and you enjoyed the stay but the guild just isnt for you.

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I'd just do /g Sorry folks, it's been fun you folks are great but I think this guild is not for me. I appreciate the good times. See y'all around.

Navygreen
09-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh ok. I'm just wondering so I don't come across like some kind of bad player or member. I wasn't sure about that whole thing. I see people here on the forums announcing they're leaving but it seems that they got to know all the people in the guild first and they had friends, etc. Yesterday for example, I was testing the guild feature out to see what it was like and I told the person who was recruiting. I said that I just wanted to check it out and see what guilds were like in PL. He said ok np. I did, left and went on my way. Just wanted to know if I was wrong for that. If so, then I apologize!

I'm happy where I am now but before I was only testing the brand new feature.

Cascade
09-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah thats ok cuz you told him beforehand.

Sassinya
09-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I think that was very well done by you. You did exactly as was suggested and as I would suggest! Some people view their guilds as family, and would want to know when the family member wants to move on. Additionally, having done that, you would be more likely welcomed back should that occasion ever arise.