PDA

View Full Version : I think boots are frowned upon... get rid?

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:28 PM
So it seems that MANY forum "residents" Don't approve of booting. So I was thinking... take booting out? I'm sure this has been suggested before but I think booting is doing more bad than good, lolz.
:chuncky:

Gluttony
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Booting serves a purpose, usually to get rid of somone who is afk or someone who is ruining the team's dynamic. Didn't you just have a boot all thread?

Cascade
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Boots are fine if the person is being annoying or not doing his/her job

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Booting serves a purpose, usually to get rid of somone who is afk or someone who is ruining the team's dynamic. Didn't you just have a boot all thread?
Indeed I did, I'm just doing these people a favor, since 98% of the commenters on my previous thread disagreed with me...
:p

Gluttony
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
From one extreme to the other isn't exactly doing anyone any favors. Booting is useful, booting all can be explioted. Everything in moderation.

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 03:37 PM
No booting = Potential of poor players can ruin game for others.
Booting = Potential abuse by the host.

It is really a choice between 2 evils. There would be no need to discuss the boot button if everyone would played "right".

Hankomachos
09-09-2011, 03:38 PM
No booting = Potential of poor players can ruin game for others.
Booting = Potential abuse by the host.

It is really a choice between 2 evils. There would be no need to discuss the boot button if everyone would played "right".

Exactly...

Otukura
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Definitely keep. We need it in a lot of cases

cagethewicked
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
i dont boot often n even have rules listed in my guild forum for my guildie about it. but boots serve a purpose i say they should stay.
Cagedkiller GM of League Of Assassins

Register
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
We need booting. I dont care about getting booted if I get booted for a legitmate reason.

octavos
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
So it seems that MANY forum "residents" Don't approve of booting. So I was thinking... take booting out? I'm sure this has been suggested before but I think booting is doing more bad than good, lolz.

OMG ohhhh yea +1 thats why theirs such thing as locking a game :p

Blind
09-10-2011, 04:11 AM

OMG ohhhh yea +1 thats why theirs such thing as locking a game :p

Ok how about this.
Me and 3 of my friends make a public game becausd we only have 4 people, so we need a 5th one.
As soon as i make a game our other good friend goes online and says hi. What do i do? I boot the random who just joined and let our friend join.

Same thing, we only have 4 people online. So we make a public game. We are aiming for hardcore runs with a perfect team and suddenly a lvl 53 bear with mystery armor and metalic stiletto joins, who has 5k kills 1k deaths. Well of course i'm gonna boot him and wait for custom bird to join.

Or what if we have a locked game and my good friend gets a good drop and nexy game a person from the group who is just on my list, tries to scam my friend by offering him 100k for it. Then my friend tells me he is doing that. Result-i boot the guy.

Or what if...bah i can go on forever, there are dozens of reasons to not to lock a game or to boot people.

Oh yeah and about reasons...
Take first example, when a random joins and that second my friend is asking me to join and then i boot the random, there r usually at least 3 people joining in a blink of an eye. I have no time and no will to boot with reason "sorry my friend wants to join, please don't be upset"
Short "full" is enough.

Ok so, here u go, removing boot button will ruin the game.

Kalielle
09-10-2011, 06:14 AM
When I first read the title of the thread I swear I thought, "boots? but SL has boots - PL characters don't have shoe equipment!"

I boot very rarely, but I think the mere presence of the boot button helps to keep some people behaving. Not everyone in game is nice like you guys - I'm sure you've noticed that when you play. There are also many who just want to leech or don't take the game very seriously. In public games there is often someone who goes afk and there's nothing you can do about it. So I think boot for hosted games is a good idea.

That being said, it's good to also have public games where everyone can feel safe from booting. I think adding more quests would make that happen, because public games get created when people "Go To..." do a quest.

Sassinya
09-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I agree there are various legitimate reasons for booting someone. Being a jerk face in general would be a great one, for example. However, two or three people in a zone that has something someone needs to kill or a item they have to quest farm, getting booted before they can even announce, may I join, I just need to be in on the kill of So And So BossMob for that one quest. I know sometimes you do have room for one, but if you're seeking some class, strength, skill or level specific, might I suggest the password feature, prevents overall butt hurts. Just a thought.

JaytB
09-10-2011, 07:20 AM
How about they let the boot button last for 2 minutes, and let it reappear again when someone new enters? This way it least someone who's in a group from the beginning, won't get booted right before the boss. I know it's not perfect but maybe something along these lines could be implemented.

Ixillicus
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM
I think that booting is an important thing to have. How else could you get rid of someone who is rude, offsensive, afk, etc. Basic etiquette should be practiced with booting, but its just the way it goes.

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 10:32 AM
The boot button is a very handy tool...

StompArtist
09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't like the boot feature but I think it is required... A bit like jails, nobody likes them but where else do you put these folks?

Hankomachos
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
So this is how I take it...
Team boot= harsh and shouldn't be implemented
Normal boot = good, not harsh and needed.
@jaytb good idea :D

Otukura
09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
So this is how I take it...
Team boot= harsh and shouldn't be implemented
Normal boot = good, not harsh and needed.
@jaytb good idea :D

I think part of the team-boot thing was the reason. It's quite possible that none of them even saw.

@Jay, we don't have the problem(thankfully) of toons pushing the boss to reset anymore, but they still can run and make it reset. If they're doing it on purpose, saying "LOL, noobs," after every time, IMO, they deserve the boot.