PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my name?

apocketlegend
09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I have went through countless names since I lost my mains name,"apocketlegend". Including awesomegolfer,ropingriot, pinghoppinx, hauntdsymphony, and many more. Currently it's cowboyvip. But i want something to do with my lost name. Oviosly I can't get it bak but what about apocket? Please list your opinions below :)

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I got one sense apocketlegend is no longer available to you, how about switching up a few letters like: alegendpocket, or maybe changing the a to a I, Ipocketlegend. :)

Orcish
09-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I've always been a fan of using xxx's at the ends. what do you think of xxapocketlegendxx or a variation?

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I actually like the look of that name as well, plus one Orcish. :)

Register
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
If you want! Its your name ;)

I liked awesomegolfer and apocketlegend! Maybe legendgolfer?Legendsgolfer? its a cool mix of both :highly_amused:

EDIT: im not a fan of putting xxx or xx or x in front of names. IMO it lacks originality. And to me it looks terrible! On my list of friend reuqests, i scroll down to x's....tons of pvp twinks and stuff who have names like xxxpvpreaperxxx and stuff. Its even worse that people are having names like xxxipwndyoufooxx....where they arent even consistent with the x's!

KingFu
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I got one sense apocketlegend is no longer available to you, how about switching up a few letters like: alegendpocket, or maybe changing the a to a I, Ipocketlegend. :)

I believe ipocketlegend is taken:)

I'm personally not a fan of excessive X's in names. But then again I'm horrible with IGNs

YYZ????
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
How about ThePocketLegend, or dapocketlegend? Or apocketlegendii

Sassinya
09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
How did you lose it, if I may ask?

I've deleted a renamed avatars the same name a couple times in both PL and SL. Wasn't sure which class I wanted to settle on. Even used one name across multiple devices.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Woops, well I guess Ipocketlegend was a good suggestion but already taken, sorry. :(

Gluttony
09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
How did you lose it, if I may ask?

Changed the name from Apocketlegend to something completely different which left it up for grabs, someone swooped in and got it. Perhaps out of spite; like the players stealing established, unreserved PL names when SL went beta or stealing guild names when it got introduced to PL. Perhaps someone just thought the name up and to their surprise it was unclaimed. Who knows, just a bit sad that the OP lost it and the new owner cannot claim their ign on forums.

I've deleted a renamed avatars the same name a couple times in both PL and SL.

Sounds like what you do is a delete followed by an immediate creation of a new toon and place the same name on that toon making it so of someone wanted to snipe your name they would only have seconds to do so.

StompArtist
09-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Pizzapocketlegend?

Sassinya
09-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Oh, that makes perfect sense, and that is pretty much exactly what I've done.

apocketlegend
09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the great ideas guys! And in he time I renamed to make a safe char someone had take it.....

Grimtigrex
09-09-2011, 11:57 PM
How about aapocketlegend?

sLOVEnia
09-10-2011, 12:22 AM
iPocketlegend has a permanent ban. Maybe devs would allow you to have it... It's worth a try

bronislav84
09-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Anpocketlegend? Bad grammar, but its close to your original.

Dude, just FYI, asking on the forums is pretty much open to anyone to steal ideas before you read this thread.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Dude, just FYI, asking on the forums is pretty much open to anyone to steal ideas before you read this thread.

Ikr, I bet someone is eyeing Cowboyvip right now. Not to mention if you're in a guild they could impersonate you, perhaps even get officer status if they talk the talk.

bronislav84
09-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Well no, if he renamed the name would change. But somebody could pretend they were him and got kicked out or something....
iPocketlegend has a permanent ban. Maybe devs would allow you to have it... It's worth a tryHow do you know this? Was that somebody you knew? But yea, it's worth a try. Name is just taking up server space anyway.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes, the name would change but only some would notice. There could be an officer or two who may not have noticed the change, much easier if the guild is large. A simple explanation of "oops I accidently removed my self from the guild, can you please invite me again," just thinking of possible unwanted outcomes is all.

sLOVEnia
09-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Well no, if he renamed the name would change. But somebody could pretend they were him and got kicked out or something....How do you know this? Was that somebody you knew? But yea, it's worth a try. Name is just taking up server space anyway.
He has a perma ban... Trust me

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 01:38 AM
iPocketlegend has a permanent ban. Maybe devs would allow you to have it... It's worth a try

I'm curious why accounts that are permabanned don't have their in-game names released back into the pool, fear of the aftermath if an unsuspecting noob suddenly appears with a notorious ign? I bet there are some great ones that belong to accounds long forgotten.

Try for Ipocketlegend as suggested by Slove, I know something similar has happened before (though I don't know the intimate details). Can't hurt, unless you fear rejection.

onemadzhau
09-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Problem solved name it after my favorite food and game hotpocketlegend

Orcish
09-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Yeah my bad guys I forgot the alphabetized friends list, it's a habit to use x's in my gamer names. Register I feel somewhat offended by your originality comment, I use x's in my name not because my names are taken (although sometimes they are) but because I enjoy the way it looks. If I could I would use ASCIIs but unfortunately STS character restrictions don't allow for this. I take as much effort into my character names as anyone else. I'm sure you didn't mean it to be a low blow but basically calling me unoriginal ain't cool ya know?

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 07:21 AM
My very first PL friend was darkevilmage. Anyone remember him? He was also ipocketlegend. Yes He is perm ban and j don't want to say why. Maybe I should change name to apocket