PDA

View Full Version : Guild Advertising?

Zeus
09-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Peoples' opinions on it? It was bad enough with spam trading, now there is spam guild advertising. What exactly is the point?

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 05:43 PM
It does get annoying, and it should be controlled. I mean it's one thing to advertise for 10 to 20 minutes but it's obsessive to advertise for hours on end.

Zeus
09-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I even heard of people advertising to gain ranks.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't get why you would gain a rank doing that. I would rather appoint someone recruiter, and I look for quality rather then quanity.

Register
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah it does get annoying after some time. I really have no issue with it if the player is asking every now and again because they want to expand their guild (who doesnt?). But when people are sitting their spamming their quickchat button, it makes me want to put them on ignore. Especially when you expand the chatbox to maximum and most of the messages are the spammer's.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Register and that's what any person should do, if you have a problem with a advertiser then clearly "add to ignore"

Paar
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Annoying... Ppl are saying " Guild Hall is best in our guild and " Join us and u are in the best guild ever oh and my favorite join the biggest guild ever 600+ and still recruitin!!!!! Lolz Its just spam i disagree my guild advertising is just when someone says I want a guild I recommened them mine and its there choice(:

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Paar, and that is I guess another form of advertisement, but you tend to let the players do the work, and all you have to do is invite them. "Need Guild" :: "Want to join my guild?" Easy as pie! :D

Paar
09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Paar, and that is I guess another form of advertisement, but you tend to let the players do the work, and all you have to do is invite them. "Need Guild" :: "Want to join my guild?" Easy as pie! :D

But i dont go around making false statements do I (: I just say if u want a guild u can join KoC!! and they say ok ill think bout it then say do u want a invite and If yes Then Yes if No then NO!(: Easy as 1,2,6!

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Very good way of putting it, I might adopt that with my guild. :)

Ebalere
09-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I prefer to do my recruiting through pm's, and never ask anyone already in a guild. I offer once after chatting for a while, if yes, invite, if not, then move on.

This is a respectable way to recruit imo

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
That's a pretty good way to recruit also, but I guess everyone recruits different ways right? :)

Paar
09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Eb We have the same technique!!!! Btw Tonight Pvp You me Pvp!

Apollo Sry if i take this a little off topic (;

Ebalere
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
It's on paara! And to unhijack this thread, I would like to add that most of the best guilds don't even need to recruit, their reputation speaks for itself. I mean, have you ever seen in cs: "Join COT! Tier 3 hall and lots of lewtz in stash and we'll give you 50k to join and we're awesome!"? Nope.

Cascade
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah, this is my i tell AoC members not to recruit. Having a thread about our guild on the forums is as much advertising as we need. We just wait until someone asks to join. I recommend you do the same.

Paar
09-09-2011, 06:35 PM
It's on paara! And to unhijack this thread, I would like to add that most of the best guilds don't even need to recruit, their reputation speaks for itself. I mean, have you ever seen in cs: "Join COT! Tier 3 hall and lots of lewtz in stash and we'll give you 50k to join and we're awesome!"? Nope.

Thats a good idea that Cascade said Our Rep is pretty big From SL ( No bragging intended ) and I have had players from SL come up and Ask to join just because of the leaderboard in SL but Guilds are much more then a So Called " Rep " There bout having fun and meeting new ppl(:

Orcish
09-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Treat this like any other spam ignore *click*. With any new content there will always be cons, this just happens to be one of them. Guilds that just accept anyone, mass advertise, and have no structure are going to learn real how fast their reputation will fall. It's to be expected that a surge of guilds will emerge with the new release but eventually a majority of these guilds will be adsorbed into more prestigious guilds. For now we just have to bare with it.

Wilddar
09-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Very nice ideas guys, and Cascade I might as well follow your advice and do the same. :)

crestmage
09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree. I hate those spammers especially like: " Join now and get ...k of gold instant!" or "awesome ...guild. first one to join gets 100k!!"

U dont bribe ppl into ur guild. They join if they think that what ur doin is right.:rugby:

Register
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I went to cs to list a pink (thanks sssssoulssssssssshine for buying!) and it was terrible! During the course of my time in cs, I had to tell two people to be quiet! Others were saying it every now and again but there were so many! I was so glad when I left XD

Lowlyspy
09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Yup, thats the best way to get loyal members. Those that bribe for members are basically saying "hey join my guild for two seconds and ill give you a large sum of money, even though after u get the money theres a good chance u'll leave and go about your day", which would be why i dont recruit like that :)

Siejo
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I think it is a bit much too. There might be a misunderstanding in what a guild is. It isn't a race to gain the most members. There is no prize for having 200+ members and as Orcish said it makes things harder to control when the guild is too big.

JaytB
09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Honestly Apollo, everytime I see that I feel proud of our guild. It amuses me more than it annoys me to tell you the truth. Although, that could be because I got used to the continous spamming in cs, that always has been there. To me it's just some more of the same 'background chatter'. I often find it hilarious to read what people do to get members, or how they advertise their guild in game. If I'm bored, sometimes it can truly amuse me what people type.

But yeah, I can imagine it can also get annoying, but I'm hoping that it will slowly die, or at least become much less. Guilds are fairly new, so everyone seems to want one. I think that spamming to join guilds will become less and less over time :)

SeerQueen
09-10-2011, 04:24 PM
The advertising is pretty annoying. I see people all the time going "JOIN MY GUILD!! FILLING UP FAST GET YOUR SPOT NOW HURRY HURRY HURRY" when there are so many people going "I need a guild, please invite me". It annoys me. My Ignore list is growing...

CanonicalKoi
09-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Annoyances:

Constant spamming public chat.
Spamming everyone in town with invites.
Members of two or more guilds getting into a, "Our guild's better!" "Not! Ours is!" "Isn't!" argument in public chat. My favorite is when it gets to the, "I'm gonna tell So-and-So and you're gonna be in Big Trouble!" I'm not sure what So-and-So can do, really; barf on their feet? Challenge them to a duel? Both simultaneously? Dunno.
PMs telling me how much better their guild is than the one I'm in and wouldn't I like to join and not taking a polite, "Thanks so much, but I'm happy where I am. :-)" as the final answer.