PDA

View Full Version : What's now the best gear??

ZHEOTARE
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I've been asked this a few times, and actually am wondering this myself...

With the new update came the Glyph gear. Levels 56, 58, and 60 all give set bonuses. In turn all the prices dropped on level 50 and 55 gear. So, wouldn't it be better to buy any of the 50 sets (Shadow, Hate, Death, Cosmos, Rift, Void), use them to 56, then buy the 56 Glyph sets?? If so, then doesn't that just make the 55 gear useless??

Thoughts...

PS: I already know Necroreaper's answer. LOL!!

Silentarrow
09-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Your choice.

Warrior 2h set 55 < Warrior 2h set 50
Archer set 55 > Archer set 50
Mage set 55 > Mage set 50
Warrior 1h set 55 > Warrior 1h set 50

Even 51 trash sets are better than shadow gear. IMO shadow gear is purely for the looks.

ZHEOTARE
09-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I see what your saying, but my question is; would it be better to save and wait one level for the 56 set, than save for the 55 gear?? The 56 gear seems much better than the 55 gear.

Darkfader
09-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Your choice.

Warrior 2h set 55 < Warrior 2h set 50
Archer set 55 > Archer set 50
Mage set 55 > Mage set 50
Warrior 1h set 55 > Warrior 1h set 50

Even 51 trash sets are better than shadow gear. IMO shadow gear is purely for the looks.

But whats the point to buy 55? If you can make it in sewers with 50 gear to 55, you can also make it to 56 there and then buy 56 glyph or other items, since 56pink > 55pink. ;]

Register
09-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I saw necro's thread on the elite armor from Shadow Caves and looked at the mage specs of them...I like em! Im not evne going to bother with Glyph because the stats are not that superior compared to Enchanted or MM. Im trying to get a Shadow set lol....Thanks to gluttony, I have a Glowstick :D

And it looks cool lol...heh I bet it will be terrible compared to Mount Fang pinks....

krazii
09-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I've been asked this a few times, and actually am wondering this myself...

With the new update came the Glyph gear. Levels 56, 58, and 60 all give set bonuses. In turn all the prices dropped on level 50 and 55 gear. So, wouldn't it be better to buy any of the 50 sets (Shadow, Hate, Death, Cosmos, Rift, Void), use them to 56, then buy the 56 Glyph sets?? If so, then doesn't that just make the 55 gear useless??

Thoughts...

PS: I already know Necroreaper's answer. LOL!!

Yes, Shadow gear is the best some of the best gear ever. I wouldn't waste a dime on 55 gear, Shadow Gear will get you to 56 easily.

Kingsyan
09-11-2011, 09:18 AM
If you guys would take the time to take a look at the pattern, the new sets are junk.

Why I say that is because the stats of the new armour reflects a pattern from the lesser pinks such as sewer king and queen of sewers.

Mediocre crit%, H/S, M/S, Dodge.. etc.
Compared to the better pinks such as MM and RR/Cust.

Based on those facts, I believe the "better" pinks of the new cap will come out through Mount Fang, the new map that hasnt been introduced.

Register
09-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I think im going to end up selling whatever I have of my shadow set when Mount Fang comes out so I can get the new elite pinks...lol

Megabird56
09-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Who knows? Maybe mount fang will drop recipes to craft new items using the glyph stuff as a base lol.

To me the glyph stuff is dropping less than gemstone pinks in sewers.

Kelstrick
09-12-2011, 05:48 AM
I take a different view on the 55 vs. 56 gear as I'm currently climbing to 60 (at 59 right now) using my 55 Mega Mage Staff set for when I want to bring out the "big gun" and a mix of 55 MM/Enchanted & Nuri gear
(55 Enchanted Cowl for the +2 Int over MM Cowl, 55 MM Robe, 58 Baton and 58 Troubador Bracer) for Wand/Bracer load out.

I've found this to be an extremely cost effective load out as you can pick up the 55 MM Staff set for around
$1M (and if you go Enchanted Staff set I think you can easily slide in for less than $1M) and I don't believe you can buy two pieces of Glyph gear which are part of a set for that.

Anyhow, given that I'm not blown away by the Glyph stats, especially the lack of armor for Mages/Enchantresses (ok, the Hood and Cloth are better but seriously I have to give up 9 points in Armor for the Glyph Staff of Charmin' over my MM Staff?), compared to MM/Enchanted Sewer gear, I believe I'm getting a HUGE bang for my buck when you consider the steep experience curve to make each level beyond 55. (Note, I'm leveling with no elixirs so this has been a challenging climb!)

So, I suppose I'm turning the question around and asking isn't it wiser to buy the 55 gear and climb to 60 as this allows you to build a large warchest for Mt Fang gear which will hopefully be better than Nuri?

Evaruss
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
So, I suppose I'm turning the question around and asking isn't it wiser to buy the 55 gear and climb to 60 as this allows you to build a large warchest for Mt Fang gear which will hopefully be better than Nuri?

I would agree with you on this based on personal experiences on my Mage.

I levelled from 56 to 60 at Nuri alternating between my Mega Mage wand / bracer set and Enchanted staff set depending on the party make up and effectiveness. Even when I got gyph charming robe and then staff, I chose not to use them as I didn't want to sacrifice set stats from MM and Ench till I made the decision to level to 61. By then I had enough for the much needed hood to complete the set and made the full transition to glyph about mid way through into cap.

So yeah, I wouldn't dismiss the sewer sets as they have helped with survivability and damage output from 55 to 60. Even more so than individual pieces of glyph charming. But hey, to each his own :)

Eva