PDA

View Full Version : ok rly ... Protectors of Cydonia

Paar
09-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Deleted Sry for the flame but a recent chat with the gm has made me put it out... As of PoC Good Luck with ur guild and Im sry for the Flaming(:

KingFu
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Cydonia is a place on mars according to google. I only knew the word/name from the Muse song (Ofc:p). Could easily be unintentional that both your names are similar...

Dosumn1978
09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Prolly same person that ganked our name to begin with.

KingFu
09-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Prolly same person that ganked our name to begin with.

Not really fair to tag them as name jackers. You don't know they were the ones that "stole" your name before. Very possible they weren't even aware of your guild when they made theirs...

Fatpigwarrior
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Lol I'm in this guild and we have no intention to upset knights of cydonia.

Matutd
09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
In SL our guildbis alliance of blackstar. A few weeks later blackest alliance showed up. The leader of this guild said he never knew about our guild, but somehow knew that wound was our leader. Coincidence? I think not.

Paar
09-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol I'm in this guild and we have no intention to upset knights of cydonia.

Ok thx that puts me at a little ease...

Paar
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
In SL our guildbis alliance of blackstar. A few weeks later blackest alliance showed up. The leader of this guild said he never knew about our guild, but somehow knew that wound was our leader. Coincidence? I think not.

Thats what im saying its unlikely its " unintentional "

EyelessBear
09-09-2011, 10:51 PM
I hear you bro. Theres 2 guilds that have the almost exact name as mines (Genocide) theres Xenocide and Zenocide. -.- I don't know if its coincidence or not but there should be a restriction to guild names. Its a shame how people lack originality x.x

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Lol, alot of the members are leaving for us anyway once they find out we're still KoC and not PoC. _________ of Cydonia is far to obscure to just have by coincedence.. take it as a compliment paara, the GM must have a crush on us
:P

skavenger216
09-10-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm willing to bet, that without googling it, the guild master of PoC doesn't even know what cydonia is. Just saying........

At any rate, let them enjoy it while it lasts. Like others have said, as soon as people find out they arent in the real KoC, they leave for us.

Is it possible that they had no knowledge of us when they made their guild, sure, but it is unlikely, imo.

EDIT: To KoC members, honestly, there's isn't much we can do about it. Just let it be, no unnecessary flaming or trolling PoC. Let's just be happy we got our real name back. :). Thanks again, STS!

Paar
09-10-2011, 08:10 AM
@Ebalere I like how u put it Lolz (:
@Skavengr They probally dont know what it is which is funny!(:

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Why get mad? Its basicly one of two words they copied? And its a name unless you own copyrights to that name I suggest you let this thread die down or lock it. Its just more potential flame..

Paar
09-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Why get mad? Its basicly one of two words they copied? And its a name unless you own copyrights to that name I suggest you let this thread die down or lock it. Its just more potential flame..

I am deleting this Ty(:

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-10-2011, 12:46 PM
As long as you know your the original just be happy your cool enough to have people who want to copy you(:

Citrasena
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Seems a little bitchy, come on guys lighten up it's a name! Just enjoy the game and be glad that you have a good guild with good players isn't that the main thing here? I mean what's in a name? It's the experience that should count. I wish everyone luck with their guilds regardless of names etc.

Be happy :)