PDA

View Full Version : Loot!

Yourmum90
04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi All,

i have searched and not come up with anything but i am sure i will get flamed for this. How is the loot in a game worked out, random? in turn? who opens the chest.

Also what do you get from the Chests? What do you get from Enemies?

The main reason i ask is that the last dungeon i was in one guy got 6items on the trot.

Thx,

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
bump - Any ideas?

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Completely random. And the only thing I've ever seen come out of chests is a few gold pieces

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Also if you got 6 items in one game be thankful. Some games I don't get anything

_ck
04-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it's a complete lottery. I wish the system would take things a little bit more into consideration in regards to who have already gotten loot, because if you're only 3-4 players the odds of one person getting most of the loot isn't particularly improbable. I've been in games where others have gotten all the loot, where some got 4+ pieces in a row and even when I've been the one getting 4 pieces in a row.. It'd be nicer if having gotten loot lowers your odds of getting it the next time.

For example, if we have four players, and it's random, each person has a 25% chance of getting it. Player A gets the first piece of loot, and so his odds for the next piece of loot goes down to 10%, and the others increase to 30% chance. Player B gets the next piece, so maybe then the two loot-less players each get a 35% chance of getting the third piece of loot, while the two who have already gotten some split the remaining percentage.. And so on. It could still mean Player A gets the first two pieces of loot even if he only had a 10% chance after his first loot, but at least the odds would be a bit more evenly spread out among all the players, instead of there being some games where the random chance ends up falling on one player over and over.

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Seems you have thought about this lol, thanks for the update, another thing on Loot, what are the colours of items and there rarity.

Guessing Purple is Epic?

Yeah, it's a complete lottery. I wish the system would take things a little bit more into consideration in regards to who have already gotten loot, because if you're only 3-4 players the odds of one person getting most of the loot isn't particularly improbable. I've been in games where others have gotten all the loot, where some got 4+ pieces in a row and even when I've been the one getting 4 pieces in a row.. It'd be nicer if having gotten loot lowers your odds of getting it the next time.

For example, if we have four players, and it's random, each person has a 25% chance of getting it. Player A gets the first piece of loot, and so his odds for the next piece of loot goes down to 10%, and the others increase to 30% chance. Player B gets the next piece, so maybe then the two loot-less players each get a 35% chance of getting the third piece of loot, while the two who have already gotten some split the remaining percentage.. And so on. It could still mean Player A gets the first two pieces of loot even if he only had a 10% chance after his first loot, but at least the odds would be a bit more evenly spread out among all the players, instead of there being some games where the random chance ends up falling on one player over and over.

Klaus Ze Behr
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Seems you have thought about this lol, thanks for the update, another thing on Loot, what are the colours of items and there rarity.

Guessing Purple is Epic?

Sorted by quality:

Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = orange
Rare = green
Epic = purple
Legendary = pink

-ALS

Auf wiedersehen!

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Will need to remember this as Uncommon and Rare are the other way round, compared to a well known game i played about 5yrs ago

Martin JF
04-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Lol, I was in a game with 3 other archers and then I got 3 Thief's fiery leathers in a row.

Yourmum90
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
lol, i had the same thing went through 5 levels or a dungeon and the same guy got all the drops but uncommon ones, bet you can guess who got those

Jamie
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Completely random. And the only thing I've ever seen come out of chests is a few gold pieces

You can get some pretty good stuff from chests, I think there are 2 chest types - The small ones that have gold in and the big ones which sometimes appear and have gold or items. In a game earlier I got a purple/pink (Can't tell which colour is which :confused:) Crossbow from a large chest.

gsimonds
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I think the new patch did something funky to the loot system. Before the patch, I never saw a purple/pink when soloing. Since patch I've gotten 4, including 3 of the same exact lvl 30 Jewel Thief's Heavy Crossbow... Hoping trade gets worked in soon, so I can dish them for other nice gear. BTW this lvl 30 pink has a pretty lame graphic... They need to make them bling if they represent the pinnacle of the current lvl cap.

Also, the dungeon I solo seems to CONSTANTLY drop different rarities of heavy crossbows.. 75% of the drops I would guess...

Banned
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
And what dungeon might this be?

gsimonds
04-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the new patch did something funky to the loot system. Before the patch, I never saw a purple/pink when soloing. Since patch I've gotten 4, including 3 of the same exact lvl 30 Jewel Thief's Heavy Crossbow... Hoping trade gets worked in soon, so I can dish them for other nice gear. BTW this lvl 30 pink has a pretty lame graphic... They need to make them bling if they represent the pinnacle of the current lvl cap.

Also, the dungeon I solo seems to CONSTANTLY drop different rarities of heavy crossbows.. 75% of the drops I would guess...

Believe it or not, after this post I ran my little treasure trove dungeon again, and got Pirate's Heavy Crossbow(green) and my FOURTH Jewel Thief (pink) I really hope they didn't break the system and make it easier, I enjoyed that feeling when seeing a super rare item pop up

gsimonds
04-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah... they did something to the loot. Just got a Lightning Wand of Mastery (pink) on my next run

Jamie
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
One of the things in the patch that added the mini dungeons was "Increased loot drop rates for existing three campaigns" But it does seem a little too increased now and very easy to get rare drops

Yourmum90
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Well to be fair, i need some pinks, just a shame i am to low level, which dungeons is this one?