PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna clear something up....

tjornan
06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Ok the difference between general and off topic discussion

R posts about the forum off topic? or just some of them?

Dizko
06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Off topic is for things like movies coming out or other games I guess.

General is for PL related anything. 'Talk here and make merry'. It is assumed you will talk about PL but do not necessarily have to be making sense. Funny PL posts work too.

Just my opinion but it's the trend i've seen since it started.

Cascade
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
General discussion: Forums used for discussion about the game or the forums.
Off Topic: Forums used for discussing stuff not about the game or forums.

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Off topic is for things like movies coming out or other games I guess.

General is for PL related anything. 'Talk here and make merry'. It is assumed you will talk about PL but do not necessarily have to be making sense. Funny PL posts work too.

Just my opinion but it's the trend i've seen since it started.

Ok then I am correct when I say that I am being treated differently, and it kinda hurts. :(

Izbar
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I would like to throw Chuck Noris in to general discussion as well Ty all.

Banned
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Ok then I am correct when I say that I am being treated differently, and it kinda hurts. :(
How are you being treated differently? Your posting useless threads that are overshadowing the important ones. Do you want to be commended for that or something?

tjornan
06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, i agree with gwendaline. i posted a joke for PL and it got locked so...... I may hve posted alot of threads lately. ppl say they belong in off topic (flaim) but really they all pertained to PL

And to be honest there hvent been any IMPORTANT threads lately

Dizko
06-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Not wanting to get invloved with you guys because I love you both too much. But I have noticed General Discussion become a lot more serious.

Take a look at my started topics back in April. Some of those were just ridiculous.

Perhaps it is time to split General Discussion into two - One for more serious discussion and one for fun.

Off-topic is not good enough. Thats a place to discuss non-PL stuff. We need a 'Spam Central' or a Fun House.

tjornan
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Not wanting to get invloved with you guys because I love you both too much. But I have noticed General Discussion become a lot more serious.

Take a look at my started topics back in April. Some of those were just ridiculous.

Perhaps it is time to split General Discussion into two - One for more serious discussion and one for fun.

Off-topic is not good enough. Thats a place to discuss non-PL stuff. We need a 'Spam Central' or a Fun House.

I love this idea.. a place where ppl like me and gwend can post watever we want. that pertains to PL

Justg
06-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Off Topic is both Spam Central and the Fun House :)

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I think that in general discussion anything should go. As long as it pertains to the game. We can live on a forum full of strict rules and have no fun, or we can go with the flow.

tjornan
06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
flow
definitely

tjornan
06-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Off Topic is both Spam Central and the Fun House

Ya but no one looks at it

tjornan
06-22-2010, 09:51 PM
also with these flame wars goin on..... Would be nice wen we could just flame each other for fun.... ppl shud not take the internet seriously

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Right. This is getting out of hand

Izbar
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM

Yeah but "off topic" just sounds so random and off topic cant we all have a room that is both fun and central to me it would just totally change everything that ever was. And also i would like a Chuck Norris room, this room would be strictly dedicated to Chuck Norris jokes and memorabillia ty and i would like to see this up and running asap!!!

Esus
06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I hearby contribute this to the randomness

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/polaco11/Rozne/random-4.jpg

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I hearby contribute this to the randomness

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/polaco11/Rozne/random-4.jpg

Oh very nice :)

Esus
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
LOL! I have more to add if you want

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
LOL! I have more to add if you want

Hey I do not mind anything that you want to do here on these forums. They aren't mine :)

flaimdude
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Exactly. :)

Sure people do. That's probably my second most-posted forum, besides general discussion.

I think that in general discussion anything should go. As long as it pertains to the game. We can live on a forum full of strict rules and have no fun, or we can go with the flow.

G already gave you permission to spam all you want in off-topic, so why does it matter where you post? :/ And rules are rules for a reason, and you can still have tons of fun with them in place.

Neurion
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM

That is not a reason to post something at General Discussions instead.

A lot of you forget that newcomers come to the forums just for gameplay references. I believe that in no way should any PL player be alienated by any topics under "General."

Honestly of all game forums I had been on (admittedly not a lot,) PL's has the worst collection of senseless topics, confusing thread titles, blatant flaming, trolling, and constant gameplay content whining.

Sure we shouldn't be taking the internet seriously, but that doesn't mean everything should be tolerated. Behind each avatar there's a real person who has feelings. The fact that we are even discussing abou flaming and spamming is really sad. It's like a lot of you despise being contributive and support hurting other players.

IMO, the forum rules need to be modified a bit.

flaimdude
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
IMO, the forum rules need to be modified a bit.

Imho, the forum rules need to be enforced more.

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Imho, the forum rules need to be enforced more.

URAHMO, yea I agree with Neurion..

KingFu
06-22-2010, 11:50 PM
General is just random topics about the game, when it isn't a bug, suggestion, or just whenever you have no clue what category you think it belongs in. Off-topic is non game related subjects, like the recent talk about Iphone OS4, and the Iphone 4, or something like who one the soccer world cup. Basically ANYTHING that isn't talking about Pocket Legends.

FluffNStuff
06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, i agree with gwendaline. i posted a joke for PL and it got locked so...... I may hve posted alot of threads lately. ppl say they belong in off topic (flaim) but really they all pertained to PL

And to be honest there hvent been any IMPORTANT threads lately

I thought that joke was pretty funny, and the Futumsh post at the end makes it an epic thread. Glad they didn't delete it. Only issue I saw was all that spaces you put in to reinforce the joke makes it spamish.