Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Anyone cant log? It says i cant conect to game server or something

Orcish
09-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Yeah same here...

Otukura
09-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I can't. Been disconnected a few times tonight.. hope it isn't another thing like 4/21-4/23 outage..

superglut2
same here

xenotec
I think everyone is having same issue here. All my guild ppl are complaining on our blog...

morfic
09-10-2011, 05:16 AM
They are probably fixing the leveling bug where half the game leveled up to 61, lol. Server Rollback? Individual rollbacks? iunno...EXCITING!

superglut2
hopefully lvl 61 bug gets fixed. starting to get annoyed by all the 61s.

Barbamitsos
Ow they must be fixin this huge bug. Phew im not the only one... All log sl!!!

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I dont think theycan rollback all chars... But it will be fixed i guess

Shadowie
09-10-2011, 05:18 AM
I believe they r doing some bug repair on the glitch on "elixir" lvling.

morfic
09-10-2011, 05:18 AM
I dont think theycan rollback all chars... But it will be fixed i guess
Oh..They can.

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Twsted it on a new char. When i did it i deleted him.... I dont like all lvl 61s. My flist is 6161616161116616161616161

zuesmirza
09-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Its so annoying SERVERS GO DOWN, I GET DISCONNECTED AND A POWER CUT at my place at the very same moment... Lol

Martin Tander
09-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Its so annoying SERVERS GO DOWN, I GET DISCONNECTED AND A POWER CUT at my place at the very same moment... Lol
Ouch well God bless u with li pink for that...have faith

Blind
09-10-2011, 05:27 AM
If me and deaf lose our millions earned in past 2 days i'm gonna quit.

deafmaster
09-10-2011, 05:29 AM
having the same isssue. no logging possible atm. I was thinking we'd def lose all the money it costs to post up big ticket items lol. But we'll see i guess .

Akaee
09-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Same here guess the bug exploit has forced the devs to put the game down or its a server crash

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:30 AM

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!

Trollee
09-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Switching to Star Legends util servers come back online

PersianLord
09-10-2011, 05:31 AM
same here Cant log . just checking my internet connection lol :D

Truseeker
09-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Glitch.....bug.....????....never heard of such ...im new hahahahahahhahah

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Its better not to know it

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 05:37 AM
I hope for the best, I've also been lucky on drops the past few days, would be unfortunate if it had to rollback the entire server.

JaytB
09-10-2011, 05:38 AM
having the same isssue. no logging possible atm. I was thinking we'd def lose all the money it costs to post up big ticket items lol. But we'll see i guess .

Don't expect a refund. When the Amazon servers went down, I had nearly all of my 52 cs items expired by the time it was back up. I was selling some seriously expensive stuff too. But yeah, maybe it'll get fixed soon enough :)

zuesmirza
09-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Ouch well God bless u with li pink for that...have faith

Big ones will do

Trollee
09-10-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm nervous about THIS:

Do no post further regarding this issue. This thread is still here as notification that we're aware of the issue. Fix coming shortly. Those who abuse this bug will be banned.

xenotec
09-10-2011, 05:47 AM
They need to roll back the characters who have used the bug... I've spent so much effort and time to make 60.5... and people becomes 61 within few seconds right infront of my eyes! I was gonna delete my account and delete this game... Many people will be upset who hasn't been using the bug if it's not rolled back. If you guys want users to spend the plats, then better roll back, otherwise it's gonna have massive $$$ impact on your company.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 05:50 AM
I'm nervous about THIS:

I'm assuming that means those who are currently abusing the bug will get banned, eg broadcasting it, using it as an exploit ('I'm a dev, look at me level this quick'), etc.

I doubt trying it out is considered abusing. If so, I'm banned as well.

skavenger216
09-10-2011, 05:51 AM
I don't know the bug, but I am curious about what it is. I've always been interested in game programming, was gonna take it up as a career, never happened though Maybe after its been fixed someone can inform me or something. I don't want anyone telling me until its been fixed though.

cmangalos
09-10-2011, 05:51 AM
yeah, ban those who exploit the bug, im grinding nuri the whole day for xp, ive been boot couple of times, unable to enter room, but still i struggle just to lvl up

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

xenotec
09-10-2011, 05:55 AM
yeah, ban those who exploit the bug, im grinding nuri the whole day for xp, ive been boot couple of times, unable to enter room, but still i struggle just to lvl up

Agreed... I also have been grinding the nuri all day... lucky I've only came across with only one 61 who jumped from lv58 to 61! WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 05:56 AM
I also tested it.... If we r gonna get banned for testin it then idk....

skavenger216
09-10-2011, 05:56 AM
I also wanted to add, if they do a rollback, I hope its ONLY the toons that used the exploit. I never used the exploit, it would be unfair to lose the progress I made recently on my toons.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 05:57 AM
I also wanted to add, if they do a rollback, I hope its ONLY the toons that used the exploit. I never used the exploit, it would be unfair to lose the progress I made recently on my toons.

+infinity.

I tried the glitch for curiosity, it took me 15 minutes at most. To rollback my past few days of farming and hours for 15 minutes is kinda discouraging. I definitely don't want it, but if it's the only way out, then I'll have to live with it.

morfic
09-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I don't think they would ban those who tried it. Abusing it yeah, IE trying to profit off of it, selling sekrits to insta leveling, etc...maybe. But someone telling you about it, not believing them, then trying it and being like....woah..it worked. Nahhh, shouldn't be a ban imo.

larminn
09-10-2011, 06:00 AM
All the people saying they just tested the exploit....good luck with that. Testing is for developers and people know darn well if they are taking advantage of an exploit. I hope all the cheaters get exactly what they have coming. The integrity of the game relys on a level playing field.

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 06:07 AM
All the people saying they just tested the exploit....good luck with that. Testing is for developers and people know darn well if they are taking advantage of an exploit. I hope all the cheaters get exactly what they have coming. The integrity of the game relys on a level playing field.

And you sir are?

JaytB
09-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Since this thread is derailing into another exploit thread. My 2 cents are, that you should know better when 'testing' this exploit. I knew about it, but decided not to 'test' it. I feel like I'd be lying to myself and to my friends who got there in a legitimate way. But yeah, I can imagine some of our members honestly just wanting to test this out by themselves. I think a rollback of some
sorts should happen, a ban seems a bit harsh to me. I only hope a rollback wouldn't affect those who did the effort of getting there before the exploit.

Ellyidol

I don't mean to point the finger to the developers, I mean we're all human, mistakes happen, but if it weren't for the players, this glitch wouldn't have been found. If it weren't for us 'testing', full knowledge of what the glitch is wouldn't have been given to the devs.

I urge to be proven that I 'took advantage' of this exploit. Yes, my alts got to 61, which will probably be rolled back. Then what? What did I gain from that 15 minutes of 'testing'? I reckon I lost more than I gained in that 'testing', when I could have continued farming with my legit bear and gotten a good pink instead. I legitimately leveled a bear to 61, the first I believe, that still says I want to cheat my way through?

But like Jay said, I don't want to derail this thread. I'll leave it at that. Anyone see the Dark Knight? Sometimes to do good you have to do bad? Same thing, IMO.

noneo
I hate to say it, but I get the feeling they will ban many people (specifically those who intentionally used the bug on their main to "test"). People found out about the bug, were told what it does, and then people go and try it out? If that isn't bug abuse, then I don't know what is. Yes I can see a few people testing it out, but after that, we know how it works, and the devs know too. You can call it "testing purposes", but in reality, it was just curiosity, as only one person need try it out for "testing purposes".

Let's say in the future there is a bug that lets you get 10,000,000 from a cs exploit or something. No one is going to admit to exploiting the bug for their own personal growth, but people are going to try it out for "testing purposes", to see if it works (maybe 1 person will truly do this to ensure its validity). People who "test" the bug are just in it to get 10,000,000, but aren't going to use the word exploit. I highly doubt people would do the bug, get 10,000,000 and then delete it all right away.

If I were you guys, I would delete the chars this exploit was done on, and message STS about why you did the bug, and that you have deleted the character of which you used to perform said bug..

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 06:09 AM
All games have bugs, it's the way it goes.
I don't want to get banned and I'm sure nobody does. The devs have a list of who achieved 61 legit, so just roll everyone back to what they were

larminn
09-10-2011, 06:10 AM
And you sir are?
Someone who did not cheat and posted my opinion in a public forum.

Trollee
09-10-2011, 06:12 AM
INTENSE times in the world of Pocket Legends...:bi_polo:

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 06:12 AM
I hate to say it, but I get the feeling they will ban many people. People found out about the bug, were told what it does, and then people go and try it out? If that isn't bug abuse, then I don't know what is. You can call it "testing purposes", but in reality, it was just curiosity, as only one person need try it out for "testing purposes".

Let's say in the future there is a bug that lets you get 10,000,000 from a cs exploit or something. No one is going to admit to exploiting the bug for their own personal growth, but people are going to try it out for "testing purposes", to see if it works (maybe 1 person will truly do this to ensure its validity). People who "test" the bug are just in it to get 10,000,000, but aren't going to use the word exploit. I highly doubt people would do the bug, get 10,000,000 and then delete it all right away.

If I were you guys, I would delete the chars this exploit was done on..

U cant delete gold and i wont delete a char who was 60.5 ans then went 61 cause i didn beleive a friend

noneo
09-10-2011, 06:15 AM
U cant delete gold and i wont delete a char who was 60.5 ans then went 61 cause i didn beleive a friend

I was just using the gold as a metaphor. Let's change it to a super expensive rare item instead.

I am just saying, there really should not have been so many people trying out this bug. A simple private message to STS saying, "Hey my friend told me this bug where you ___ ____ _ _____ _______, just wanted to let you know"

Also, I revised my OP a bit.

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Why is there a bugs and technical issues topic? To report stuff like this, people have used it to make themselves feel good(not all of you) but this shouldn't result in a ban.

Trollee
09-10-2011, 06:18 AM
In the future we will all be laughing about that time when nearly half of Alterra was at maximum level...

Megabird56
09-10-2011, 06:18 AM
It would be quite absurd to ban people. It's not like they hacked the game. Those people just played with what they were given. It's a slippery slope lol.

noneo
09-10-2011, 06:23 AM
It's a slippery slope lol.

Yes, yes it is.

I just hope the devs do everything in their power to determine who abused the bug, who was just testing the bug, and who accidentally stumbled upon this bug. I would hate to see so many people lost to this.

zuesmirza
09-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Bug is a logical mistake in the code made by a programmer or devs...

They made a mistake why would players get banned (punished for the mistake)??

They made some mistakes and am sure they are working hard to fix it...

Obviously if there is a bug then many of the players may use it knowingly or unkowingly...

So I dnt think any1 is being banned but a rollback is must for the players who used it knowingly or unknowingly...

In mean time only thing we can do is wait and watch..

Yeah but whatever happens I am at the safe side coz I niether abused the bug nor tested it...

Cheerss....
Get well soon PL..:D

Trollee
09-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Get well soon PL..:D
:'(

Fastcast
09-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow so this is why im seeing everyone lvl 61 lol I had no idea it was a bug. Im lvl to 61 without exilirs or this "bug" :)) only 84k left xD

noneo
09-10-2011, 06:41 AM
So I dnt think any1 is being banned but a rollback is must for the players who used it knowingly or unknowingly...

... Those who abuse this bug will be banned.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36502-Major-bug!&p=410536#post410536

Generalriggs
09-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Ok I'm SOOO confused I keep hearing about bans and bugs and I'm gettin nervous could someone come to me when PL servers come or on SL and get me up to speed because I'm really feeling uneasy about the talk going around here

noneo
09-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Ok I'm SOOO confused I keep hearing about bans and bugs and I'm gettin nervous could someone come to me when PL servers come or on SL and get me up to speed because I'm really feeling uneasy about the talk going around here

Did you abuse any bug recently? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

Zaratoe
09-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I have same thing happen mechr has lvl to 52 to 58 I hate it plz roll him back to 52 because he used it I now because he told me if I wanted to do it I said no I and now. He's all ahead I hate it fix these.

Lordchewbacca
09-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Me to having prob but before prob i was having rlly rlly bad lag

Slush
09-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Testing purposes this... testing purposes that... come on guys, who are you trying to fool.

xenotec
09-10-2011, 06:51 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36502-Major-bug!&p=410536#post410536

Well people asking for plat back who already tried out the bug, then why did you try? you all should know this will triger the alarm to the developers as soon as the topic was raised on this forum. I don't care about the people who have tried out the bug, but I don't think expecting to get all the plat back is a issue here. Banning the account is the most concerning issue... I vote for roll back who abused it, but no refund on plat.

Generalriggs
09-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Ok banana caught me up and I was asleep throughout all this but this is all real creepy to me talk of many people being banned an such

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I hate to say it, but I get the feeling they will ban many people (specifically those who intentionally used the bug on their main to "test"). People found out about the bug, were told what it does, and then people go and try it out? If that isn't bug abuse, then I don't know what is. Yes I can see a few people testing it out, but after that, we know how it works, and the devs know too. You can call it "testing purposes", but in reality, it was just curiosity, as only one person need try it out for "testing purposes".

I agree whole-heartedly. Hypothetically, you were told about the bug and were skeptical so maybe you'd be inclined to test it once, but twice... why? Greed, peer pressure, hopes the devs don't remove the toons that took advantage; there are only so many reasons and only one of them can be considered good. A few players can say they stumbled upon it and others can say they were just testing in hopes of helping the game out. Some of you will be lucky enough to hide behind your shield, but we all know what motivated you. Devs can check chat logs and thread posts; timelines can be compared and it should become clear who accomplished it accidentally and those who knowingly sought it. Using the scapegoat of testing should only buy one freebee, no more.

zuesmirza
09-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Wait and watch

cherryking
09-10-2011, 07:00 AM
What the bug

JaytB
09-10-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't think the ban hammer will be swung that easily by the devs.

That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand. Even with how much I was tempted to test it out myself, I refrained from doing so because it was already confirmed by other people that I trust. And yeah, it's just plain old cheating IMO. Never been a big fan of that, not in real life or not in a game.

The people that relayed the info to the devs and community shouldn't be punished, and for that matter, I don't believe anyone should get punished for this. It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented. The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.

Anyway, if they would decide a rollback, I can only hope it doesn't affect the people who leveled up legitimately.

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Its never going to happen...

I guess we will find out tomorrow then.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 07:17 AM
That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand. Even with how much I was tempted to test it out myself, I refrained from doing so because it was already confirmed by other people that I trust. And yeah, it's just plain old cheating IMO. Never been a big fan of that, not in real life or not in a game.

The people that relayed the info to the devs and community shouldn't be punished, and for that matter, I don't believe anyone should get punished for this. It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented. The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.

I see your point and that is exactly why I didn't test it. It was confirmed as far as I was concerned once a few trusted members told me about it; period. Now as far as testing, leveling a 55 up to 61 and repeating the process with a 53 isn't testing imo. Testing is used to find out the potential ramifications of the bug. So creating a new toon and leveling it from 1 to 61 would net the most useful data, which is what testing is all about. Following the same process twice and achieving the same result just seems expected.

Now as far as the ban hammer, it most definelty has to swing on some. Those that found out about the bug early and used it for an in-game gain (gold, account into, etc.) should most definetly be punished. No matter who is to blame for how this bug snuck into the game, those that only tried to better only themselves from its use shouldn't be allowed in the community.

Generalriggs
09-10-2011, 07:17 AM
I guess we will find out tomorrow then. wait wait wait tomorrow? Does it take that long to fix or is this just a guess?

JaytB
09-10-2011, 07:22 AM
wait wait wait tomorrow? Does it take that long to fix or is this just a guess?

My guess is, that his guess is as good as yours... If that makes sense :D

Barbamitsos
09-10-2011, 07:22 AM

Definitely hope noooooo

My guess is, that his guess is as good as yours... If that makes sense :D

My guess ur guess his gay our guess your guess their guessssssssssss (hope it comes back faster)

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I see your point and that is exactly why I didn't test it. It was confirmed as far as I was concerned once a few trusted members told me about it; period. Now as far as testing, leveling a 55 up to 61 and repeating the process with a 53 isn't testing imo. Testing is used to find out the potential ramifications of the bug. So creating a new toon and leveling it from 1 to 61 would net the most useful data, which is what testing is all about. Following the same process twice and achieving the same result just seems expected.

Now as far as the ban hammer, it most definelty has to swing on some. Those that found out about the bug early and used it for an in-game gain (gold, account into, etc.) should most definetly be punished. No matter who is to blame for how this bug snuck into the game, those that only tried to better only themselves from its use shouldn't be allowed in the community.

Look at it this way. I spent roughly 15 minutes trying to figure out what was up with this 'glitch' that I heard of. 10 minutes went to trying it out on my bird, 5 went to my mage, and logged off to get on bear.

If you truly believe that I took advantage of the game in 15-30 minutes, after spending at least 30 hours of grinding to get to 61, by all means, ban me.

As far as I can tell, as soon as the thread came up about this, I confirmed and admitted I did it. As soon as Flip asked for a message, I messaged him explaining the glitch. Cheating is doing something wrong to get ahead of people with the intent of not getting caught, Parth and I came out with it as soon as we found out. Yeah, some cheaters we are. I'd definitely use this to get to 61, it's not like I had one already before this.

I'm done here. Waiting for the decision of STS.

noneo
I don't think the ban hammer will be swung that easily by the devs.

That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand.

I agree that a few legitimate people did it for only testing and that is it. However, it still doesn't change the fact that they technically abused a bug. I understand the logic behind it (to prove it works), but regardless, it is still bug abuse.

The people that relayed the info to the devs......shouldn't be punished,

I agree with this. People reporting bugs should NOT be punished in any way (aside from having the char reset back to pre-bug time).

and community

I disagree with this. There was no need for people to post specific instructions on how to recreate the bug on the public forums. A simple post saying, "A massive bug was found that allowed people to ________. Devs have been notified. If you stumble upon this bug, do not post details in the forums."

It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented.

Sure it was a bug created by the devs, but either way, in the STS ToS it states not to abuse any bug or exploit. From past experience in other games, when a large bug is discovered (even if it is caused directly by the devs), bans get distributed for those who abused it.

The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.

And those that abused the bug (to gain an upperhand) should be punished. If people who intentionally used the bug for personal purposes are left unbanned, who is to say they wont utilize a bug that lets them steal your plat, or get all your items in a trade?

Anyway, if they would decide a rollback, I can only hope it doesn't affect the people who leveled up legitimately.

I sure hope so, work your magic devs.

CrimsonTider

Why would you lose your gold for the servers being down? Patience. They always get things fixed.

morfic
09-10-2011, 07:25 AM
his gay

hmm

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:26 AM

+ 15 to 16

I have spoken to someone who legitimately tested this, and I am not talking about banning them. Only those who KNEW this bug exists and exactly how it was reproduced, knew the devs were notified, and yet still insisted on leveling up their toon to "test" it out.

Sorry, I meant today, it's early lol.

Zaltiar
09-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Whoa whoa, a roll back? Hopefully the devs will understand why somepeople tested this out for the purpose of testing alone.
I didnt get a chance to see if it worked, but dont wanna loose some good pl friends :\
This is a classic case of curiousity killed the cat.
And to those saying they'll quit if they lose all their money, if u didnt use this cheat, I feel ya,
Gonna be hard to raise back the money now with the drop rates as they are.
If you did use the cheat, dream on brotha, dont be asking back for your money and plat. you chose to use the exploit to benifit yourselves, now its time to face the consequences:watermelon:

Generalriggs
09-10-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm just hopping none of my friends were stupid enough to take advantage of this

cmangalos
09-10-2011, 07:29 AM
for those who try, you will be able to see then xp gain right? so why pushing and abusing it to lvl 61,

Megabird56
09-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I would think this is hilarious except for the fact that I can't play.

Plus if they roll back the entire game for everyone, what happens to the pinks I farmed and sold in cs today? and my xp?! It's not like they're gonna spend weeks trying to roll back each player that was affected by the bug.

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM
I would think this is hilarious except for the fact that I can't play.

Plus if they roll back the entire game for everyone, what happens to the pinks I farmed and sold in cs today? and my xp?! It's not like they're gonna spend weeks trying to roll back each player that was affected by the bug.

A rollback means they "roll back" the game to a previous state. i.e. like it was before. So yes, you will most likely lose the stuff/gold you farmed in the time period after they choose to roll back to.

This is all IF they even decide to do a rollback. Which I think will cause more bad than good for the community :/ I could see another GCD-type uproar if the game gets rolled back...

flyingscv
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM

+1 for rollbacks/exploits. If people know they have been cheating, they need to be punished for it. Anyway the only ones who need to be nervous are the dishonest ones. Legitimate hardworking grinders like you and me prob have nothing to worry about.

deafmaster
09-10-2011, 07:37 AM
How can you roll back the game when the community has spent thousand of dollars on elixers? They have to target the "cheaters",( i use the term loosely) only. Only way to not undermine the grinding guy's hard work. Just saying

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
How can you roll back the game when the community has spent thousand of dollars on elixers? They have to target the "cheaters",( i use the term loosely) only. Only way to not undermine the grinding guy's hard work. Just saying

There is always potential for the devs to refund the plat if they so choose to instate a roll-back.

I agree with you though, I feel that a roll-back would be a poor choice and cause much more harm than help both to STS and the community.

JaytB
09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
@Gluttony, Elly and Noneo

I think you all have fair points. I don't have that experience from other games to know that people get banned for using a lvl exploit. But yeah, I can understand your logic behind it and can safely say I agree with this, to most extend. As by communicating the bug to the community, I meant informing people it exists, not posting step by step instructions. But, I can also see how that could be a bad thing to do. I felt it was just to share info to the community, but you are right when saying it seamingly serves no real purpose.

The thing we all to seem to agree on, is that people who did it for testing purposes shouldn't suffer any consequence. So, how can we differentiate the people who truly tested it for honest reasons, from the ones who simply abused it? Should devs check all chat logs and communication in order to weed out the 'good ones' from the 'bad ones'? I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just thinking that it would be an incredibly time-consuming process which is sensitive to human mistakes. Wouldn't a rollback be a much simpler solution?

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Possibly true mAube not

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
I say they do whatever they do and let everyone off on a warning, if you exploit a bug next time you are banned no more chances.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Wouldn't a rollback be a much simpler solution?

Yes.

But apparently, some people who couldn't/wouldn't confirm the bug for themselves want to point the finger to those that did. By all means, ban those people who've had this glitch for days and did nothing about it. But for players who 'had' it for an hour or two and did something about it? Get real. (This comment isn't directed to you, btw).

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
As far as I can tell, as soon as the thread came up about this, I confirmed and admitted I did it. As soon as Flip asked for a message, I messaged him explaining the glitch. Cheating is doing something wrong to get ahead of people with the intent of not getting caught, Parth and I came out with it as soon as we found out. Yeah, some cheaters we are. I'd definitely use this to get to 61, it's not like I had one already before this.

No offense, but are you suggesting that because you told on yourself or admitted guilt that you didn't cheat? I'm not sure that anywhere in the definition of cheating does it say you have to be doing it in hopes you don't get caught. In fact, isn't there a saying "it's only cheating if you get caught," or something along those lines. I know I was staring at the handle of a ban hammer when I listed an exploit that only affected gold on the weekend which allowed everyone to take advantage until a dev was able to make a fix on Monday; this on a whole new level imo. You've already proved you put the community first so I don't believe any unnecessary consequences will come your way.

On a side note, the fact that you made the grind to 61 and know how time consuming it was only to cheat your way there with two other toons is eye-opening.

Kalielle
09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Personally I applaud the people who tried this and then posted about it in forums. It's because of their curiosity that the devs know about this in the first place. I think any sane, thinking person would have some fun with this, laugh at it and meanwhile notify the devs, just like with that bug a while ago with the helm that looked like a sword, or the bugs where you can walk out the walls. If I hadn't been asleep I would have tried it myself - not because I wanted the extra levels because I'm sure the devs will revert those toons to what they were before, but because I'd be curious to know exactly how it works. I was a Computer Science major and I'm dying to know how this bug could have crept into the code.

The guy who tried to sell this for 10k - he should fully be banned. Those who had fun with this and posted on forums (or knew that friends had posted about it) did a totally understandable and human thing. I'm sure they knew their characters would be reverted once the bug was fixed. Their only sin was that they possessed more curiosity and desire for fun than a vegetable.

Lordchewbacca
09-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I had no idea there was a leveling bug...how wierd

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Wait after reading Elli post Theresa a glitch to get to 61 instantly???!!??!!!!!

NECROREAPER
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Why is there even a debate?

The devs will do as they see fit to those who have exploited, and it is up the devs and them alone to decide who was 'exploiting' the glitch. If you disagree, there is no one to complain to since the devs would be the ones to change anything so why bother complaining over it?

flyingscv
09-10-2011, 07:49 AM
I have no idea what the bug is or how to exploit it, but if people needed to spend plats to exploit the bug, do you think they should be refunded for the plats?

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:49 AM
I felt it was just to share info to the community, but you are right when saying it seamingly serves no real purpose.

Exactly, if players wanted to share with the community, they easily could have right after the bug got fixed. No need to post all the details while the bug is still in effect.

Take for example Pharcyde's bug about getting unlimited credits power and stim packs in SL. He posted a bug report called "Unlimited Credits, and Stim packs" and in the description he wrote, "devs are looking into this, will post details when the bug is fixed."

That, in my opinion, is how this bug should have been reported. Just enough to let others that discovered the bug have reassurance that they are not crazy, but not enough for a public onlooker to take part in "testing".

The thing we all to seem to agree on, is that people who did it for testing purposes shouldn't suffer any consequence. So, how can we differentiate the people who truly tested it for honest reasons, from the ones who simply abused it? Should devs check all chat logs and communication in order to weed out the 'good ones' from the 'bad ones'? I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just thinking that it would be an incredibly time-consuming process which is sensitive to human mistakes. Wouldn't a rollback be a much simpler solution?

Lets hope the devs have some magic STS sponge with which they can wash away this mess with as little uproar as possible.

JaytB
09-10-2011, 07:51 AM

The devs will do as they see fit to those who have exploited, and it is up the devs and them alone to decide who was 'exploiting' the glitch. If you disagree, there is no one to complain to since the devs would be the ones to change anything so why bother complaining over it?

Although I agree with your reasoning, I think it's a good thing it gets discussed on the forum. Aren't we supposed to be a community? I strongly feel that the voice of the community must be heard by the devs, so that they can make an informed decision on how to move forward from here :)

noneo
09-10-2011, 07:52 AM
By all means, ban those people who've had this glitch for days and did nothing about it.

+1

But even those who used it for the one hour (not for legit testing and reporting purposes) to gain an upperhand should be punished as well.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 07:54 AM
No offense, but are you suggesting that because you told on yourself or admitted guilt that you didn't cheat? I'm not sure that anywhere in the definition of cheating does it say you have to be doing it in hopes you don't get caught. In fact, isn't there a saying "it's only cheating if you get caught," or something along those lines. I know I was staring at the handle of a ban hammer when I listed an exploit that only affected gold on the weekend which allowed everyone to take advantage until a dev was able to make a fix on Monday; this on a whole new level imo. You've already proved you put the community first so I don't believe any unnecessary consequences will come your way.

On a side note, the fact that you made the grind to 61 and know how time consuming it was only to cheat your way there with two other toons is eye-opening.

I'll give you that, I did 'cheat'.

If a student in a test he already aced finds a cheating loophole in the test, tries it during a second similar test, and immediately calls the teachers attention to notify, is that abuse? Would it result to the student's expulsion? I would agree, that the 'school' would void that test he used to prove the loophole. A test he already aced anyway, he could care less that the most recent test is disregarded.

I think my point is across. In no way am I trying to argue on our values or beliefs or anything, I'll leave that for university. I'm just trying to defend myself and my friends in respect to my perspective on the matter.

I somehow find your sig very appropriate :D

morfic
09-10-2011, 07:57 AM

This. No one should be here admitting they did it or didn't do it. No one should be debating what should happen. Dev's are the only ones who need to know anything. Trying to white knight on the forums is silly. Dev's will clear it up one way or another.

Xazic
If i get rolled-back, i'm quitting... I used a 100$ and three days to get to 61 WITHOUT any glitches... Not that the cash matters BUT i did use hours and hours on lvling fairly. Btw, i didn't even know such a bug/glitch existed!

Biuzi
Kalielle, I couldnt agree more.
Me,when I first found it I got 3 toons to 61, might as well enjoy the look of it while it lasts, because I knew right away, the devs won't let this slip through. Whilst my friends were trying it on many toons I said to a couple of them, your just gonna get reset, no point in abusing it so you get banned.
As soon as I stopped I checked my computer to see that there were threads already made about it.

brian_spence_ni
I personally wasn't aware of this glitch (otherwise my sig would have 3 level 61s right now). In my opinion the glitch was a programming error and if people choose to exploit it then they're taking advantage of a situation rather than cheating - it is, however, completely appropriate to roll back their characters only. I better not lose anything as my farming was elixir-expensive and legit. I will watch with great interest as to how STS deal with this.

I think it's fair enough that people who attempted to profit from this financially (e.g. sell the secret) deserve some form of punishment but really people are operating in the environment set up by the game and aren't hacking or anything like that.

Sounds like a lot of people and actively members of the community did exploit the opportunity. Banning them would be financially disasterous for STS and would dramatically impact on the enjoyability and sense of community that the forum brings.

noneo
I think any sane, thinking person would have some fun with this, laugh at it and meanwhile notify the devs, just like with that bug a while ago with the helm that looked like a sword, or the bugs where you can walk out the walls.

There is a difference between having a goofy sword and auto-leveling to 61. Sure, I would laugh about a goofy sword too, but for people to jump to 61 in under 3 minutes? Others have spent days of their time, and hundreds of dollars of plat, so this is much more severe. This is an event which gave bug exploiters an unfair upper-hand over everyone else.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
@Glut -

I understand your concern but if it werent for people like Elly, the bug would not have been found and we would have even more 61's by now. If it is not tested multuple times, it could be percieved as a slight glitch. Maybe it was a glitch for birds only? Not all who used the glitch are going to be as honest as Elly and not only report but also implicate themselves. Instead of putting someone on trial for speaking out, how bout we let the devs sort through things.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Personally I applaud the people who tried this and then posted about it in forums. It's because of their curiosity that the devs know about this in the first place. I think any sane, thinking person would have some fun with this, laugh at it and meanwhile notify the devs, just like with that bug a while ago with the helm that looked like a sword, or the bugs where you can walk out the walls. If I hadn't been asleep I would have tried it myself - not because I wanted the extra levels because I'm sure the devs will revert those toons to what they were before, but because I'd be curious to know exactly how it works. I was a Computer Science major and I'm dying to know how this bug could have crept into the code.

As a fellow CS major, I myself was quite curious but had to refrain since I knew that most angles of the bug had been explored. I fail to see how acccomplishing the glitch could give any real insight as to the mechanism of action without at least a glance at the source code. The figures could help but it would be quite difficult to make an exact diagnosis based on a few tests. My main concern was the damage that would be done if numerous toons took advantage, I mean the server has been down for a while and STS is a business, if they deem it more lucrative to just rollback the entire server to accomplish the goal of resetting the xp gained by the bug then everyone is to suffer.

@Glut -

I understand your concern but if it werent for people like Elly, the bug would not have been found and we would have even more 61's by now. If it is not tested multuple times, it could be percieved as a slight glitch. Maybe it was a glitch for birds only? Not all who used the glitch are going to be as honest as Elly and not only report but also implicate themselves. Instead of putting someone on trial for speaking out, how bout we let the devs sort through things.

I never made this a finger pointing contest, I just used examples (with names omitted) to justify my words. It was others who decided to out themselves as the individual who I was speaking about then publicly make it me against them. It's always been a discussion for the devs and only a gathering of opinions and ideas here. It never had to be personal.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 08:03 AM
@Glut -

Thanks Crim, but I wish I found out and got to it first. I merely heard about it from a good friend, tested it, and we had our laughs. The moment I saw the thread informing of the glitch, it was the perfect time to let people know of the glitch, just not how to do it.

I doubt in any of my replies that I explained how to do it, just that it was there.

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Same deal for me, not once did I say how to do it.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I never made this a finger pointing contest, I just used examples (with names omitted) to justify my words. It was others who decided to out themselves as the individual who I was speaking about then publicly make it me against them. It's always been a discussion for the devs and only a gathering of opinions and ideas here. It never had to be personal.

Never said you did make it a personal attack, I used Elly as an example because he is the only one I have read admitting to what is going on. I see everyone's sides on this because I am affected as well. I have spent the last two days grinding because I was not able to play the new release until Tuesday night. I left the game with 30k xp into 60 and will be crushed if I find myself back at 56 (based on how far back this glitch goes.) I have already told others, I am pretty well known for my long xp runs and when I was noticing last night the increase in 61's, some I was 60 before them, I got a little discouraged. I even spent a quite a bit of time last night asking others where to level because I felt as if I was screwing up something. I mean, how in the world is an addict to 4x hour pots leveling this slow? LMAO

Well, I know the answer now! :)

largecommand
09-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I heard whoever Abused it will get banned

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm not going to mention names, but when I joined a friend he was doing the glitch with one of his mates, and once he got 61, he said "Ok, let me make my dex/Mage 61 now"

Barbamitsos
I just tested it......

CrimsonTider
I heard whoever Abused it will get banned

Please don't spread rumors. ATM, noone knows exactly what will happen. We will just patiently await the announcement.

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I just tested it......

lol, after this whole discussion?

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Crimson, I actually have never ran with you but when I'm joining a PUG, I'll see your name down as a host :)

brian_spence_ni
09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
It's not okay that staff aren't giving us some form of timely update. It's not enjoyable to see people so stressed (over a game). I also see a lot of frustration on the facebook page - surely STS have some idea as to how long the game'll be down? Really wanted to do some pink farming this afternoon :(

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I just tested it......

lol, after this whole discussion?

I think he means he just tested it nothing else.

blueberrykush
09-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I agree i knew how but never told anyone how its done sorry fir those who missed the glitch but they should patch the "glitch" n let ppl keep their levels. Some may deem that unfair but it is what it is i mean tons of people missed the intense pink drops from new maps should they roll back for that too? No. Something tells me this glitch was no accident. Why would it work ob all maps and not just the new one perhaps a Dev leveling loophole ? Either way this is sts fault their POOR sloppy programming or it was intended.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Please don't spread rumors. ATM, noone knows exactly what will happen. We will just patiently await the announcement.

Not actually a rumor but it is in the current tense as if they're not fixing the bug and watching us, check the last post HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36502-Major-bug!/page2):

This thread is still here as notification that we're aware of the issue. Fix coming shortly. Those who abuse this bug will be banned.

Mageprodigy
09-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I didnt use the bug at all! Yesterday i did 5K xp and i think much people did even more than me! If they rollback the people who didnt use the bug im so angry! And i think so much people will quit! So just rollback or bann the people who used it!

harsono
09-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I cant log in to game. Says cant connect to server, please check ur internet connection while theres no problem playing sl...please fix

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
@Blue

I dont think this was intended in any way, shape or form, and no people should be rolled back because it's completely unfair to those who have put in effort to get to 61. *cough* Elly *cough*

brian_spence_ni
09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Not actually a rumor, check the last post HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36502-Major-bug!/page2):

Gluttony, I think we were all pretty much aware of that post. I considered it a warning from that point on, not a retrospective commentary or indication of their intent for previous testing or exploitation.

Bwahahagirl
09-10-2011, 08:26 AM
So what exactly was this "glitch"? I haven't been able to log in so I came straight to forums. Are people just getting a lot of pinks or leveling up super fast or what? None of the above posts were very specific. I didn't even play at all yesterday b/c of school, so have have no idea what went on. So....what happened?

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Either way this is sts fault their POOR sloppy programming or it was intended.

This is definitely NOT intended. Why would a dev threaten with a perma-ban for all those who performed the exploit if it were intentional? It is a simple mistake, and now the devs are aiming to fix it.

blueberrykush
09-10-2011, 08:27 AM
There is alot of people who will be banned then. I think that is a dangerous move on their part many people will quit

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Crimson, I actually have never ran with you but when I'm joining a PUG, I'll see your name down as a host :)

Like I said, I am quite the 4x junky! :)

I agree i knew how but never told anyone how its done sorry fir those who missed the glitch but they should patch the "glitch" n let ppl keep their levels. Some may deem that unfair but it is what it is i mean tons of people missed the intense pink drops from new maps should they roll back for that too? No. Something tells me this glitch was no accident. Why would it work ob all maps and not just the new one perhaps a Dev leveling loophole ? Either way this is sts fault their POOR sloppy programming or it was intended.

The increased drops rates are a normal occurrence when new campaigns are released. This is not. For you to call out STS for "POOR sloppy programming" is a statement of ignorance in understanding the mechanics involved in programming. We ALL make mistakes, on a daily basis in fact, and you statement is out of line. If STS makes such a "POOR" game, then why do you play?

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:29 AM
So what exactly was this "glitch"? I haven't been able to log in so I came straight to forums. Are people just getting a lot of pinks or leveling up super fast or what? None of the above posts were very specific. I didn't even play at all yesterday b/c of school, so have have no idea what went on. So....what happened?

There is a reason we are all being non-specific. No need for more players to abuse it.

Also, I am sure the devs will be posting details about it in a formal announcement once they all the wrinkles ironed out. Just sit tight, and give it a bit.

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:29 AM
People who were advertising it and asking people to pay for it should be punished.
People who kept making accounts just to get to 61 should be banned.

That's just my opinion.

Seminole
09-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I think if many get ban then ellyidol at fault too for abusing. He said he level 2-3 characters from level 53-61 with friends and to me that is definetely abusing. Then try act like the good guy by posting on bug forum AFTER appollo post. Sorry but if all going to be ban then he need to go down with the ship and stop acting like good guy. I just dont want pl to play favorites just because they guardian of alt.

Moogerfooger
09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
The increased drops rates are a normal occurrence when new campaigns are released. This is not. For you to call out STS for "POOR sloppy programming" is a statement of ignorance in understanding the mechanics involved in programming. We ALL make mistakes, on a daily basis in fact, and you statement is out of line. If STS makes such a "POOR" game, then why do you play?

This.

Everyone could stand to take some deep breaths and see what happens....hyperventilatin' on a forum isn't gonna do anyone any good :)

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I just dont want pl to play favorites just because they guardian of alt.

There is a reason a person is elected as a Guardian... Because they are trustworthy and better the community. The devs should hold their say to a higher extent than someone with no reputation.

Also, please don't turn this thread into a flame fight between individuals. Keep it anonymous and general in discussion.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I think if many get ban then ellyidol at fault too for abusing. He said he level 2-3 characters from level 53-61 with friends and to me that is definetely abusing. Then try act like the good guy by posting on bug forum AFTER appollo post. Sorry but if all going to be ban then he need to go down with the ship and stop acting like good guy. I just dont want pl to play favorites just because they guardian of alt.

Come at me, bro :)

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:38 AM
@Semi

Did you actually just post that?
He was one of the first to reach 61 legit, and now your accusing him of cheating.
And when he made the thread about it, apollo must have made it at the same time so he couldn't of seen it.
Please don't bag people out for trying to help and make the game more enjoyable for you.

Physiologic
Ruststorm; instead of a rollback, remove all 61 characters who have evidence of the glitch.

小孩子
Wow..

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
There is a reason a person is elected as a Guardian... Because they are trustworthy and better the community. The devs should hold their say to a higher extent than someone with no reputation.

Also, please don't turn this thread into a flame fight between individuals. Keep it anonymous and general in discussion.

+1

Who's to say you weren't the one who started the whole glitch thing? Would you want someone coming on to the forums calling you out for something you may or may not have done? The devs will be able to sort out those who abused this glitch and those who actually tested it. Flaming is not needed.

deafmaster
09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
its gonna be hard for them to draw a line and figure out who was just curious, and who was abusing the glitch and taking serious advantage. Nevertheless if the do draw a line, some will be punished and some won't. Until then stop worrying all, they know what they're doing :-) !!!!

superglut2
09-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I used the Bug as well.

I spend over 400 Plat for lvling my Chars to 60 and nearly 60.
Do i say it was for tesing purposes only no?
Do i really agree wiht others No.

Spacetime Studios has a System where they make more and more money with every lvl cap they raise. First it was fairly fast to lvl up till 50. But now it takes a REALLY long time without Pots to lvl u up.
There are no quests to give XP like in WoW and other MMOS so basically u spend MONTHS runnign the same old boring map over and over again. For what? for a lvl 61? For a silly Shield?

I cant even imagine how much money they will make on the next lvl cap, They got 4XP Xp pots now, and even with them it takes people A LONG time to get to lvl 61. True the game is free but its basically forcing ppl to buy it in order to compete wiht others.

It doesnt bother me, i have money and i have spend over 100 Euros ( thats a lot more dollars ) for this game already.
But seriously...

If there was a 100 Dollar or Euro bill on an empty street right infront of you, and no one was there to look and check on you, how many people would walk beside that bill and leave it on the ground?

Its the same wiht bugs, people are tired of lvling their chars to lvl 61 because it takes WAYY to much time, and WAYY to much money. It basically costs 800 Plat to get to lvl 61 for what? For a shield and for competion.

If this entire lvl grinding wasnt so hard and frustrating im sure that many of us would not have used this bug.

If they want to ban me and others fine,
I and hundreds of others used an error that they made to our advantage cause we are frustrated with lvl grinding for a shield.

but then they lose a lot of good and old members that have done a lot to this game, to this forum, and that have always supported STS , even if we disagreed with some of their decisions, i have disagreed with a few decisions and i have flamed which i regret. Without people disagreeing STS doenst see what people think. You cant always make everyone happy. But hey, we are all humans and many of us are kids, we are all still learning and sometimes its hard to us to control our emotions, especially on the internet.

back to that bug..

If they wanna ban its their decision, if they want to server backup its also their decision either way the bug was there, so people abused it. Its perfectly normal and happens all the time. Thats how humans are.

Bwahahagirl
09-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Lol... At first when I couldn't log in i thought it was my Internet because a few min before I attempted to log in I tried to watch episodes of the office on an the nbc app and they wouldn't load!!! I was about to freak out >.<

Xazic
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Anything is fine as long as they don't EVEN TOUCH my lovely birdie who worked for hours and hours with me using tons of plat!

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! stop focusing on the lvl 50-60s!
THINK! lower lvls mustve had this aswell! (20-30 etc etc) that means if everyone that used this glitch wether intentionally or un intentionally, mostly 80% of pocket legends players will be banned... 80%!!!! do you think devs will let that happen?

|>~Hunzzz

JaytB
09-10-2011, 08:42 AM

You are joking right? Elly has been known for his extensive testing and posting about it on the forum, since before you probably even heard that PL existed. And now you feel the need to personally call him out??

Personally, I think this is uncalled for :/

Truseeker
09-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Fudgin funny hahahhahahahahahahahahha

deafmaster
09-10-2011, 08:44 AM
THINK! lower lvls mustve had this aswell! (20-30 etc etc) that means if everyone that used this glitch wether intentionally or un intentionally, mostly 80% of pocket legends players will be banned... 80%!!!! do you think devs will let that happen?

|>~Hunzzz

paying customers....ummm....prob not :-). Have to completely agree with u

Biuzi
Lower levels don't use elixirs as much as higher levels though.

Xazic

|>~Hunzzz

Wow... I must have been in the 0.000000000000001% who didn't even know this bug/glitch existed....

CrimsonTider
I used the Bug as well.

I spend over 400 Plat for lvling my Chars to 60 and nearly 60.
Do i say it was for tesing purposes only no?
Do i really agree wiht others No.

Spacetime Studios has a System where they make more and more money with every lvl cap they raise. First it was fairly fast to lvl up till 50. But now it takes a REALLY long time without Pots to lvl u up.
There are no quests to give XP like in WoW and other MMOS so basically u spend MONTHS runnign the same old boring map over and over again. For what? for a lvl 61? For a silly Shield?

I cant even imagine how much money they will make on the next lvl cap, They got 4XP Xp pots now, and even with them it takes people A LONG time to get to lvl 61. True the game is free but its basically forcing ppl to buy it in order to compete wiht others.

It doesnt bother me, i have money and i have spend over 100 Euros ( thats a lot more dollars ) for this game already.
But seriously...

If there was a 100 Dollar or Euro bill on an empty street right infront of you, and no one was there to look and check on you, how many people would walk beside that bill and leave it on the ground?

Its the same wiht bugs, people are tired of lvling their chars to lvl 61 because it takes WAYY to much time, and WAYY to much money. It basically costs 800 Plat to get to lvl 61 for what? For a shield and for competion.

If this entire lvl grinding wasnt so hard and frustrating im sure that many of us would not have used this bug.

If they want to ban me and others fine,
I and hundreds of others used an error that they made to our advantage cause we are frustrated with lvl grinding for a shield.

but then they lose a lot of good and old members that have done a lot to this game, to this forum, and that have always supported STS , even if we disagreed with some of their decisions, i have disagreed with a few decisions and i have flamed which i regret. Without people disagreeing STS doenst see what people think. You cant always make everyone happy. But hey, we are all humans and many of us are kids, we are all still learning and sometimes its hard to us to control our emotions, especially on the internet.

back to that bug..

If they wanna ban its their decision, if they want to server backup its also their decision either way the bug was there, so people abused it. Its perfectly normal and happens all the time. Thats how humans are.

All I can say is "WOW."

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:45 AM

I disagree. No one is forcing you to get to 61. Sure the grind is very long, but that is a challenge that many enjoy.

Being "frustrated" is no excuse to exploit a game and gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 08:46 AM

As I understand it, the conditions were very specific. I'd have to think that your projection is more than slightly exaggerated.

Trollee
I think it is unlikely that STS will implement a rollback. Not only would this be highly controversial but many players would be furious and quit. Hench, STS would inevitably gain a bad reputation and lose a considerable amount of funding.

I think the best solution (and i predict that STS will do this) is to filter though all the players on PL that exploited this bug and undo all the xp they gained through the bug. Hence, revert the toon back to its previous level. But only to the players that exploited the bug!

This is definitely not a simple process, because in order to determine which players did this involves looking at the bought elixirs and trying to find the players that had a rapid increase in xp afterwards. But surely the best outcome is to undo everything that resolved due to the bug.

For this reason I also predict that unfortunately, the server will be down for quite some time because this is a very major and complicated bug to fix!

To the small amount of players that exploited the bug for financial gain, it is IMO that they receive a ban, simply because it is against the PL ToS. To the players that did use the bug for experimental or curiosity reasons (including myself) I think it is very unlikely that we still be banned.

I wish the developers at Spacetime Studios the best of luck in fixing this crisis and I am looking forward to playing PL soon (hopefully :p).

For now, why not return to Star legends.

CrimsonTider
Wow... I must have been in the 0.000000000000001% who didn't even know this bug/glitch existed....

Considering it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from 20k to 30k xp last night... me either! LOL

小孩子
Lower levels don't use elixirs as much as higher levels though.

when i run with my bird 40 in ao2 almost 90% of other lower lvls have lkjshdnjlhbrtv,gce
might aswell ban the whole of pocket legends if they were gonna ban ppl that kweilhnmrtljhvncjbydt

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:48 AM
As I understand it, the conditions were very specific. I'd have to think that your projection is more than slightly exaggerated.

actually conditions were really... easy.... not specific AT ALL, i was in a run with my 40 bird in ao where the glitch happened and when it did everyone was just OMFG WTF, the random just went from 40-48 in 1 minute!
at the time we didnt even know about it, still think the conditions were specific?

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:49 AM
You just said 20-30s nothing about 40s.
Join a 30s game and tell me how many people are using plat pots.

noneo

|>~Hunzzz
I highly doubt 80% of all Pocket Legends players used this glitch. There are a ton of people on the forums (who are generally the more informed players) that still don't even know what the glitch is.

Also, I feel that STS will punish those players who deserve it, period. Whether that is 1 player, or 200 players. What is against the rules is against the rules.

Gluttony
I wish the developers at Spacetime Studios the best of luck in fixing this crisis and I am looking forward to playing PL soon (hopefully :p).

You kind sir, should edit your post a bit as it mentions very specific parts of the exploit that should remain guarded information.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 08:50 AM
when i run with my bird 40 in ao2 almost 90% of other lower lvls have a plat pot on that lasts longer than 5mins
that tells something.
might aswell ban the whole of pocket legends if they were gonna ban ppl that used plat pts and leveled up

Hunzz... there are several combo elixirs in PL. You can't say that just because they are using a combo elixir it is the a plat one.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:51 AM
You just said 20-30s nothing about 40s.
Join a 30s game and tell me how many people are using plat pots.

are you saying that EVERYONE that (you know this bit) ACCIDENTALLY stumbled across the glitch should be banned?
and people that didnt (mhm) while the bug was available are the only ones that should not be banned?

CrimsonTider
you kind sir, should edit your post a bit as it mentions very specific parts of the exploit that should remain guarded information.

ding ding ding!!

Same goes with Hunzz

Gluttony
at the time we didnt even know about it, still think the conditions were specific?

Yes I do, just because you stumbled upon it accidentally doesn't mean that phenomenon was wide spread. I mean did you know exactly what happened instantly or did you have to analyze the situation for a while?

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:52 AM
trhvcej7nv

Biuzi
09-10-2011, 08:53 AM
No I am not saying that, I'm saying around 10% of the 30s would use a plat elixir, I'm saying the majority is used by 50s+

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:53 AM
ding ding ding!!

Same goes with Hunzz

edited

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
combo elixirs have a XP pot in them, which enables the bug aswell

I don't believe that you actually understand the conditions that cause the bug, which sort of proves the point that perhaps it's not as wide spread as you think.

noneo
09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Don't mind me.

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Going on 4 plus hours without PL

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
combo elixirs have a XP pot in them, which enables the bug aswell

I could SO use sarcasm right now....

The bug wasn't with all elixirs so again, you don't know if these individuals were "glitched" or not.

Trollee
09-10-2011, 08:56 AM
You kind sir, should edit your post a bit as it mentions very specific parts of the exploit that should remain guarded information.

You have caught me out on this twice now ;) haha thanks

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:57 AM

The bug wasn't with all elixirs so again, you don't know if these individuals were "glitched" or not.

-.-

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:57 AM

psst* edit posts ;)

Xazic
09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Going on 4 plus hours without PL

Horrible isn't it?!? It is even the weekend....

小孩子
09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Horrible isn't it?!? It is even the weekend....

Hunzzz likes this ^

小孩子
09-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Guys i have an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets stop argueing on here and causing more trouble and lets just wait til games back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holeyswiss
I went to bed at 1.30 this morning...and this is what i wake up to. >.< I know pl has been down for quite a few hours now...any clue on how long it will take to fix the glitch, or even if the devs know how to fix it yet? i didn't see anything on fb except that they pulled the game for "maintenance"...and then i came here.

But all in all, I wouldn't be too frantic over the whole thing...there have been MUCH worse glitches in mmo's before. and everything turned out all right. Can anyone say world of warcraft? lol i'm sure everything will be fine

Samhayne
Guys i have an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets stop argueing on here and causing more trouble and lets just wait til games back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes please