PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you xp jumped

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, curiousity got the better of me and i tried the bug. Anyone else wants to put it out there so the Dev's don't have to waste time looking? It was a poor choice late last night, when i woke up this morning I was like "why did i do that?" I mean i was lvl 60 already and then some, and I don't wanna rush to the end and get bored, lol. Anyone else that isn't hiding their curiousity and wants to let the Devs know post here, it could save your account. I hope they don't just ban everyone who tried it out, I certainly never told anyone how to do it, even though alot of friends asked.

*DO NOT DISCLOSE DETAILS OF THE BUG IN THIS THREAD OR I WILL ASK FOR IT TO BE DELETED/LOCKED*

thanks community, and STS.

Dalonewolf
09-10-2011, 09:11 AM
This thread will most likely be locked :/

morfic
09-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Right there with ya brotha. Curiosity killed me.

Acyer
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Ebalere your a good guy ingame bro. I hope honestly they dont ban you guys. Ive been on sl just heard about this bug.

Dalonewolf
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Ahhh servers =[

LwMark
09-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Curiousty killed the bear..my bear..my only toon..that i dedicated so much time to..im sad nowww

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I never even knew about a bug lol until this morning when I got on the forums.. O m g why

Acyer
09-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Honestly this should have never made it past the guy who found the bug but thats asking to much out of players. Im probally gonna get flamed but to the GoAs that did this by "testing" should have reported as soon as it was was spoke of. But it seems greed got the best of many players.

Trollee
09-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Right there with ya brotha. Curiosity killed me.

Same to me! And then I think I was a bad influence on you! haha

Samhayne
09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Guys, if it makes you feel better, well go ahead and post. No real need, though. We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way, Keep it coming guys, I know Devs will appreciate the honesty. And as long as we keep this thread strictly on my topic it shouldnt get locked. Like I said anyone who discloses the "how-to" info, will be the cause of a thread lock, so don't.

EDIT: Sam, I got greedy tho and did more than one character. Everyone was saying oh, they'll just roll back the servers, so I thought "meh, what harm can it do?"

But now that I see you guys have to go over everyones logs and my 60 mins of level cap fun has become added work, I would just like to apologize. Like I said I wasn't thinking straight, it was late at night and if I could go back I wouldn't have done it. Makes me feel like a lame because I worked my butt off to hit 60, and now I feel like I've done the community a disservice by adding to the dev's workload. :( I honestly thought it was easy as a 24 hour exp rollback for the people who recently hit 61. Anyway, sorry again.

blox
09-10-2011, 09:22 AM
how do u do the bug? haha im jk

Megabird56
09-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm pretty sure most people that knew about it used it. Very few people would want to see their friends fly by you in level. If I knew about it i would've used it for sure. It's natural.

lethalchick
09-10-2011, 09:23 AM
curiosity killed a serious chunk of PL

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Guys, if it makes you feel better, well go ahead and post. No real need, though. We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.
Can you give us an update about the bug? When it will fixed?

Kakatoa91
09-10-2011, 09:28 AM
After reading all the threads, i understand now the sudden increase of 61 and also seeing unknown 61s with less than 6k kills pve :eek:.

Not sure if this thread will attract peeps who used the bug. Forum only touch a very small part of the players population.

j46g629h
09-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Bug was a mistake made by the devs and they didn't notice it

Some players were very lucky to find one and told their "best friends" instead of reporting it

then these best friends were curious so decided to try it out by themselves

Trying is not an excuse because technically those players still used the bug

IMO, those players who used the bug for any purpose should be punished

permanent banned for those who intended to use it

temporarily banned for whose who tried the bug

Trollee
09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.

I'm still nervous about the fate of my account! =/ I'll try my best to be patient...

Thanks Sam good luck!

Megabird56
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Don't worry so much. There are other games out there if u do get banned. It's just a game! Fun for sure, but still!

Everyone seems so tense!

WolfShaman
What about the players who were simply legitamately playing by the regs and without their knowledge or consent, got caught in the glitch routine. Most players are innocent. Those who knowingly profited from the glitch are the ones to ban, not the players who were enjoying themselves lawfully.
Are the devs going to perform a calculated and restrained audit of the situation or are they going to come in like jack booted thugs and presume all parties are guilty? Furthermore, as noted previously, this issue falls squarely on the Q&A
department for allowing the bug to "go live". Alas, however, it's the gamers themselves who are hurt by developer's mistakes.

nazgulking
I'm still nervous about the fate of my account! =/ I'll try my best to be patient...

Thanks Sam good luck!

I have stumbled upon the bug myself and I feel extremely uneasy about my account fate as well :(

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I passed on it, but not because I'm not curious by nature but because the first sole that told me about it I trusted. Immediately after that I went on forums and was a post about it from another trusted source, the more and more information I found out about it lead me to believe that extensive testing was being done by numerous players. Every class, every level, every dungeon, I just felt that I didn't have anything to offer.

Now I do understand that the situation could have gone down completely differently if I read someone selling the information in Balefore, so in that regard I'm lucky. But it all comes down to the fix. All the additional wait could have been avoided if one of the first individuals who noticed the bug reported it as they should have done. Then there would be no talk of ban, no PL downage and all would be well in the world of Alterra. Guess that's just a lesson for the next time something like this slips into the code.

ooommmggg
09-10-2011, 09:37 AM
u should NOT have started this thread. Now if i learn how to do the bug i'm gonna do it. Therefore PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! No one post how to do this. Ty!

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Bug was a mistake made by the devs and they didn't notice it

Some players were very lucky to find one and told their "best friends" instead of reporting it

then these best friends were curious so decided to try it out by themselves

Trying is not an excuse because technically those players still used the bug

IMO, those players who used the bug for any purpose should be punished

permanent banned for those who intended to use it

temporarily banned for whose who tried the bug

You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this. Acyer didn't use it but at least he knows we're good people. You're basically coming onto my thread telling me I, and alot of my friends should be permabanned, which, imo, is rude considering I've never talk to you before. Please unhijack my thread, no further comments are needed regarding our fate. This is a come clean thread not a court room.

Wonderjuice
09-10-2011, 09:38 AM
This is not a simple issue at all. Inequality between persons disclosing it and persons not cannot be solved in this simple way.

Developers and customer service was totally unavailable early this morning. And definitely, developers should admit that it was product defect, and they were negligent. When they found it earlier, they could stop the server as early as possible, which was the only remedy devs could do. If developers simple ban based on their faulty, this will cause serious legal problems.

In reality, it is almost impossible to trace down all of it.
There were people who happened to buy it and gained xp. There is no bright line disguishing people intentionally did from the people unintentionally did.
There were people who gained xp even after it expired. There is no clear line which part of experience was caused by it.

And here are a few more questions devs should consider.
How will devs compensate for the items they received during the time?
How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 09:39 AM

oooooooooooooooooooorrrr YOU COULD JOIN IN THE FUN OVER HERE!!! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36525-Forum-game-while-servers-down!!!&p=410881#post410881
friday friday gonna get down on FRIDAY!!!

Quasipotent
09-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I used the bug last night, because I didn't believe it would work. And when it did work (in my half asleep/drunken stupor) I thought "oh nothing could go wrong right?" I was super wrong and now I feel like an idiot.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:41 AM
u should NOT have started this thread. Now if i learn how to do the bug i'm gonna do it. Therefore PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! No one post how to do this. Ty!

Uhh you wont be able to do it anyway, they're obviously gonna fix it before PL is back online. Like I said don't bother posting if you didnt do the glitch please.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.

Are you sure you're asking the right questions, I mean do they really have to reimburse for anything? No matter who the blame falls on, some of it can be placed on the consumer as well allowing STS to absolve themselves at least a bit. In the end, all that is expected is something fair that caters to everyone. Some may lose more than others, but as long as the majority is okay with the decision STS will come out unscathed.

Acyer
09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
There is no innocent in this either you did it or you didnt. Please dont post saying im not in the wrong after you knew it was a bug/exploit. If the devs didnt post or hint about it i dont trust it ive spent alot of money on this game and dont feel like losing my investment.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Can u reset my character to 60 not 61 it would help alot i dont wanna be 61 i just wanted to let you know i got curious and i found out here on forums by Apollo he reported bug but i just got curious. Thanks

小孩子
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
LETS LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND DO SOMETHING FUN WHILE WE WAIT!!!!
hop on over to my thread and JOIN THE FUN GUYS!!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36525-Forum-game-while-servers-down!!!&p=410881#post410881

TRY IT! you just might like it ;)

razerfingers
09-10-2011, 09:48 AM
You all wont get banned its a bug and everyone is curious you all are just being humans :) maybe the devs put it there intentianally to see who would come across it and actually use it you never know

LwMark
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
This just ruined my day..i wanna dropp my phone an stop readin forums but i cant..an its in the bakk of my head sayin"wth mark r u a idiot" lol ..no but fo real..i hope my bear can hav another go round in sewers or nuris

Snub
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
People who use an exploit should be permanent banned, no leniency.

Think about it on a larger scale. Your best friend informs you that he knows how to get $1 mil from a bank, risk free. Are you in? Are you going to test it and when you get caught try to apologize? The question is... Does space-time have the tech to know who cheated and who didn't? Perhaps you sold yourself out posting here.

Ban your cheating asses, all of you!

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:50 AM
There is no innocent in this either you did it or you didnt. Please dont post saying im not in the wrong after you knew it was a bug/exploit. If the devs didnt post or hint about it i dont trust it ive spent alot of money on this game and dont feel like losing my investment.

Spot on. I know what I did was wrong but as I said I thought it was a simple fix. I have invested months of my time and 100's of dollars into this game, and feel like i jeopardized that by succumbing to the temptation. I was asked by a few reputable people how to do it, and never said how (came close once tho :S), and I think that should mean something. The Devs are excellent humans tho and they will sort this out and I feel that they'll judge our fates knowing that we aren't bad people, we would just take the $100 bill laying on the street instead of walking by.

nazgulking
09-10-2011, 09:50 AM
LETS LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND DO SOMETHING FUN WHILE WE WAIT!!!!
hop on over to my thread and JOIN THE FUN GUYS!!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36525-Forum-game-while-servers-down!!!&p=410881#post410881

TRY IT! you just might like it ;)

Thank you for the proposal, but i feel too uneasy to do anything else.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the proposal, but i feel too uneasy to do anything else.

COME TRY!!! 150+ posts in 10 minutes ;) ITS THE NEXT BIG THING!

theres also a 1m prize at the end

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 09:57 AM
People who use an exploit should be permanent banned, no leniency.

Think about it on a larger scale. Your best friend informs you that he knows how to get $1 mil from a bank, risk free. Are you in? Are you going to test it and when you get caught try to apologize? The question is... Does space-time have the tech to know who cheated and who didn't? Perhaps you sold yourself out posting here.

Ban your cheating asses, all of you!

This isn't RL, so no, I wouldnt rob a bank... And I came clean before I got caught.

And if I "sold myself out" so be it, I would rather be straight forward about it then hope I don't get caught. Alot of players feel remorse the next morning about it, and they dont need to be banned.

Oh, and quit hijacking my thread to tell me what YOU think our fate should be, you have no business here if you didnt use the bug. I don't need some random telling me I should be banned, you don't know me, and you don't have any right to call me a cheating ___.

nazgulking
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM

If i get banned what will I do if I win anyway? LOL

Acyer
09-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Spot on. I know what I did was wrong but as I said I thought it was a simple fix. I have invested months of my time and 100's of dollars into this game, and feel like i jeopardized that by succumbing to the temptation. I was asked by a few reputable people how to do it, and never said how (came close once tho :S), and I think that should mean something. The Devs are excellent humans tho and they will sort this out and I feel that they'll judge our fates knowing that we aren't bad people, we would just take the $100 bill laying on the street instead of walking by.

No worries ebalere. Just dont want anything to happen to you guys. Just some think they did no wrong atleast you admitted to it shows honesty.

小孩子

if you come play, it would keep your mind off the banning situation ;)

Wonderjuice
This is not a simple issue at all. Inequality between persons disclosing it and persons not cannot be solved in this simple way.

Developers and customer service was totally unavailable early this morning. And definitely, developers should admit that it was product defect, and they were negligent. When they found it earlier, they could stop the server as early as possible, which was the only remedy devs could do. If developers simple ban based on their faulty, this will cause serious legal problems.

There were people who happened to buy it and gained xp. There is no bright line disguishing people intentionally did from the people unintentionally did.
There were people who gained xp even after it expired. There is no clear line which part of experience was caused by it.

Are you sure you're asking the right questions, I mean do they really have to reimburse for anything? No matter who the blame falls on, some of it can be placed on the consumer as well allowing STS to absolve themselves at least a bit. In the end, all that is expected is something fair that caters to everyone. Some may lose more than others, but as long as the majority is okay with the decision STS will come out unscathed.

Non-sense! I am not discussing moral ethics or responsibility. I am talking about legal issues and class action Spacetime studio will be subject to if they would ban people. Of course, this is not politics either which can be decided by majority of people. This legal issues are related to contracts, torts, private international law, international arbitration, etc.

razerfingers
09-10-2011, 10:01 AM
You guys are worrying too much imo when u say your banned then count me wrong but relax enjoy the time away from pl lol

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:02 AM

LOL was thinking the same thing.. but Hunzzz, c'mon now, please stop advertising your thread in my thread, they're one above the other atm, everyone can see your thread if they can see mine. :banana:

小孩子

if you come play, it would keep your mind off the banning situation ;)

Snub
I think everyone who uses an exploit should be permanent banned as stated to the terms of service.

You tried to cheat, you got caught. Bye.

This is a no brainer really. Don't try to pretend your good people your, cheaters. Personally I could care less I look at you all no different..BUT it is what it is, u saw a way to advance quickly and you took it. In Rl when people cheat(say rob a bank) they go to prison.

No offense, but u did the crime... Pay the price.. Consider this a free life lesson.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL was thinking the same thing.. but Hunzzz, c'mon now, please stop advertising your thread in my thread, they're one above the other atm, everyone can see your thread if they can see mine. :banana:

hehe sowwy, im just twying to keep pplz minds off the banning :3

j46g629h
09-10-2011, 10:04 AM
You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this.

Sorry, I've been playing this game much longer than you. How do you know I don't know anyone!!

some of them are my friends and they are really nice people

I also feel sad if any of them get banned or quit this game

But I want to tell you in case you don't know. It is general understanding that use any bug for any purpose in game is breaking rule

You are simply making an excuse for yourself or you just think that makes you feel better for what you've done :)

Wonderjuice
09-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Lol. Breaking what rule? Did you read the terms of service? You are talking about criminal law which deals with the relationship between state and citizen. We are discussing contracts and torts. please, be quite if you are ignorant.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Non-sense! I am not discussing moral ethics or responsibility. I am talking about legal issues and class action Spacetime studio will be subject to if they would ban people. Of course, this is not politics either which can be decided by majority of people. This legal issues are related to contracts, torts, private international law, international arbitration, etc.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but this isnt a STS law and politics thread, please stick to the topic plz and only post if you're coming clean. Lets not burn my thread down in flames and bickering. Your comments are gonna just lead to arguements from people that disagree.

Lucilulu
09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes I did use out curiosity but it was a glitch created by the devs and one that should be fixed by them IMO. To ban any player would be like banning someone for using a 4x elixir to get to 61 instead of grinding the old fashion way. The players did not create any glitch or hack they simply played the game that was in front of them that the devs made. To go and ban would be a big mistake IMO.

nazgulking
09-10-2011, 10:08 AM
In all honesty ban should go only to the people that were actually selling the glitch IMHO

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I think everyone who uses an exploit should be permanent banned as stated to the terms of service.

You tried to cheat, you got caught. Bye.

This is a no brainer really. Don't try to pretend your good people your, cheaters. Personally I could care less I look at you all no different..BUT it is what it is, u saw a way to advance quickly and you took it. In Rl when people cheat(say rob a bank) they go to prison.

No offense, but u did the crime... Pay the price.. Consider this a free life lesson.

You know what, just lock this thread, delete it even. Mr. PERFECT over here cant help but spew his unneeded opinion on my thread, and it's making me sick.

shinchin
09-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Give y'all something to read again..

So please stop with the flaming. Thnz

CanonicalKoi
09-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I didn't even here there was a bug until this morning. A friend in SL told me PL was down to fix it and I was thinking, "Bug?" Lol.

ETA:

Nope. All of us are playing on STS's private property. They get to make the rules and we agree to abide by them when we play. There's a section in the TOS that deals with the exploitation of bugs--you know about it, you exploit it and/or assist others to do so by passing it on rather than just reporting it? Bannable under the TOS.

arischal
09-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Eb, I can honestly say I would have used it if I had been on, but good thing I didn't play late yesterday.

Nightarcher
09-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I wake up at 8:00 on Saturday morning... to find PL has been turned upside down O_o

I have absolutely no idea what this glitch is, but it sounds like this could take a long time to fix the damage done. In terms of a rollback, good thing I haven't gotten crap in Nuri's Circus in a week haha. :D But I would sure hate to see good people like Nazgulking and Ellyidol go. Best of luck to everyone :)

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:24 AM
You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this.

Sorry, I've been playing this game much longer than you. How do you know I don't know anyone!!

some of them are my friends and they are really nice people

I also feel sad if any of them get banned or quit this game

But I want to tell you in case you don't know. It is general understanding that use any bug for any purpose in game is breaking rule

You are simply making an excuse for yourself or you just think that makes you feel better for what you've done :)

I don't care if you were the first one to ever download the game, you don't know me, and that's for certain, so your opinion on what you think I'm trying to accomplish here is null. I'm starting to get really mad at all these self righteous people who act like they've never done a bad thing in their life, and prey on people who make a mistake. You two are looking at this as an excuse to come across as better people than the ones who used the bug, which you aren't. ALOT of good solid contributors to the game used it. Are u saying Parth, Elly, Otu, nazgul, and all the other excellent people that make this game great deserve a ban? Pff. If that happens then ban me all you want because this game will just be full of pompous jerks like Snub, and I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.

XghostzX
09-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes I did use out curiosity but it was a glitch created by the devs and one that should be fixed by them IMO. To ban any player would be like banning someone for using a 4x elixir to get to 61 instead of grinding the old fashion way. The players did not create any glitch or hack they simply played the game that was in front of them that the devs made. To go and ban would be a big mistake IMO. I also used it as i was told by lots of players that i had to try out this glitch. It was tempting but hey, now that STS knows whats going on, they can fix it. Sometimes things have to go bad in order for it to get good. It was lousy on my part, but we all make mistakes. I think being banned for something like this doesn't make sense as it was in the game and anyone could of played it.

I guess it would seem frustrating for me because I've contributed a lot to this game (money wise) and had taken so much time out of my scheduled to be committed to this game. I've spent countless hours of farming which turned into XP.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Alot of players feel remorse the next morning about it, and they dont need to be banned.

That's the part I don't get, I can pretty much say that I avoid making any choice that I believe I'll regret afterwards. If I choose to cheat on a test, I'm prepared to deal with the consequences. I understand curiosity, but everyone had to know that there would be a reckoning. Did anyone actually take the time to think of what the devs have to go through now. Your $100 bill on the street was a good analogy, but let's make it more realistic. How about a new PSP 3000 gaming unit brand new in the box found right outside of an electronic store. The catch is there is a receipt stuffed inside, which has credit card information along with the name of the buyer. Now it's more a choice you have to make with a clear winner and loser.

Those who found this bug had a choice to make, turn in the information and see how it played out, or keep the prize and run. It's unfortunate that the outcome snowballed the way it did, but that's usually how these type of situations go. Look at any time there is a particular mistake made by the STS department (Shadow Caves pinks for all glitch, bank vault Beargular exploit, recipe vs actual crafted item exploit), anytime someone finds a particular issue with the game it become wide spread panic to jump on it before the patch. This time is no different and I imagine that most assumed that STS would just patch it and they would get to keep their reward.

I understand Gluttony.. I wasnt in the right headspace last night tho. Given that same opportunity now I would decide against it, I was just bored and curious last night and I didnt realize all the extra work I might have created for the devs. If I had a voice of reason last night I wouldve listened, but it was more like, "haha let's have fun with this before they roll back xp".

BTW, I have the crown of persistance, so it's not like i'm afraid to grind.. I love grinding out toons..

Wonderjuice
09-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Best option for STS which won't cause any legal or non-legal issue is to let it go. Just fix it and let it go.

Cascade
09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I xp jumped as well...I hate grinding lol...Anyways did anyone try this in SL to make sure the same thing cant happen?

arischal
09-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Hopefully no rollback, cus I finally got all the gear I wanted and over 2 million, I'd just quit again. I didn't use the glitch and it wouldn't be fair.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Gluttony brings up an important topic tho.

Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear they were getting "thru exploit" were just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats. And once again, I didnt mean any harm. The only ones I have to prove myself to are the devs, and once they see my chatlog I'm pretty certain I won't be banned, as I didnt profit, nor did I tell anyone else. I just made this thread in hopes that we can show a little remorse and let everyone know it happens to the best of us.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear the we're getting "thru exploit" are just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats.

That was strictly in-game gold and there was no way to tell if STS meant to program the drops that way or not, it's a bit like when players first started BS and were complaining about the lack of drops. Players wondered if STS made a mistake and forgot to add mob drops, only to find out later that it was intended. This issue more so affects the real world as it required actual plat to participate in the bug, real money raises the stakes substantially.

ProSophist
09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Lol @ the people acting all high and mighty on this guy.

Obviously, Ebalere is just venting here. No need to jump on him like a bunch of rabid hyenas. You are just doing the OP a disservice by being asshats. In the end, it doesn't matter what you people think because the devs will have the last say on this and rarely will their judgement be influenced by a wannabe James Bond.

deitz
09-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow glad my phone been messed up since lvl cap raise or I would probably made same mistake u guys did hope everything works out for u guys atleast u being honest about it that says a lot bout ur char

XghostzX
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I also used it as i was told by lots of players that i had to try out this glitch. It was tempting but hey, now that STS knows whats going on, they can fix it. Sometimes things have to go bad in order for it to get good. It was lousy on my part, but we all make mistakes. I think being banned for something like this doesn't make sense as it was in the game and anyone could of played it.

I guess it would seem frustrating for me because I've contributed a lot to this game (money wise) and had taken so much time out of my scheduled to be committed to this game. I've spent countless hours of farming which turned into XP.

Of course I am nervous as I can't tell what the devs are about to do to people who did this. I don't want my countless hours of contribution to go to waste as I've played this game since the start...

Silentarrow
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
We are currently figuring out our official position on it. Initial thoughts are to roll everyone who used it back, and only ban those who tried to sell it in game.

Hopefully this clears stuff up!

小孩子
09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36535-Devs-plz-answer!-Prefferably-Sam

GUYS CHECK IT OUT!!! ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

Silentarrow
09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Hopefully no rollback, cus I finally got all the gear I wanted and over 2 million, I'd just quit again. I didn't use the glitch and it wouldn't be fair.

Only people who glitched will be rerolled, don't worry!

Buwanda
09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I XP Jumped as well.. Im sorry Sam :( Hope i dont get ban..

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 10:53 AM
This is an interesting thread, I had no idea that so many acutally jumped. It does explain why it's taking so long to get the server back up. We could be here a while.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Everyone that exploited the shadow caves glitch, and then sold the gear the we're getting "thru exploit" are just as much in the wrong as we are, in fact, even more in the wrong because they all profited off of it. I didn't profit off the bug, and no one jumped down the shadow caves exploiters throats.

That was strictly in-game gold and there was no way to tell if STS meant to program the drops that way or not, it's a bit like when players first started BS and were complaining about the lack of drops. Players wondered if STS made a mistake and forgot to add mob drops, only to find out later that it was intended. This issue more so affects the real world as it required actual plat to participate in the bug, real money raises the stakes substantially.

Word, but we didnt get the plat, devs did, so all it did was put a couple extra bucks in the devs pockets, unless they refund everyone, which they shouldn't.
I just hope they sort it and no one gets banned except maybe people selling the glitch in cs.. I mean, didn't y'all hit the warp pipe straight to world 4 in Mario sometimes too? Lol

j46g629h
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.

Yes, I've done something wrong (or bad) and I paid for the price. Same thing here

It's just my opinion and you can disagree with me but don't get other people into this

Anyway, I'm too old for this and don't want to waste your time

Just like you said, go out and have fun with your real best friends, I think this maintenance will take a bit longer than usual

When server is back, you will know how nice devs are and most of you will be just fine

Does this make you feel better :)

nazgulking
09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Reading Justg words made feel A LOT better :D

CanonicalKoi
09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
My fingers are crossed for you guys, hoping for mercy and/or a general amnesty. Hmmm.....I'm really kind of a pacifist.....*hunts for a Ding-Dong to sacrifice*

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Word, but we didnt get the plat, devs did, so all it did was put a couple extra bucks in the devs pockets, unless they refund everyone, which they shouldn't.

I mostly meant that since plat is involved the devs are going to have to take a hard stance on it, much like they had to do with the plat being transferrable reversal decision. I don't really think that most expect/want reimbursement, but I'm sure some will aggro over it if they don't get their plat back.

Oh, and I took the warp pipe to World 3 for the extra lives exploit on stage 3-1. Now that was a true exploit, the warp was built in.

XghostzX
09-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Guys don't worry about it. The devs are so flexible in giving each and every one of you a fun time playing an MMO. Of course there will be some consequences for those who glitched, but I can almost assure all of you the Devs will not ban anyone. The glitch was in game, mistakes happens. :)

krazii
09-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Hope you don't have to do it on an individual basis, otherwise lemme know, I'll send you a starbucks for the all-nighter your about to pull!

Also, all of this stuff about legal implications, etc. I think the guy who said we agree to TOS had it right. Explotation of a Bug is a no-no. Now how STS defines exploitation will be the issue (if at all). My two cents is fix it, roll-back, and let it go.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:07 AM
From hunzzz' thread:

Well, I'm safe then. I was at 60 with about 8400xp towards 61 before I did it.

I also never profited, told anyone else, and consider the 15 plat it cost me my "im sorry devs" gift. I don't expect to keep any money or gears gained post-bug. People that do expect to get a refund or not lose progress besides xp should just consider themselves lucky they aren't banned.

End of story, End of thread. It's all gonna be back to normal soon. I'm gonna be doing some redemption grinding to 61 when pl is back up, who's in?

Riccits
09-10-2011, 11:14 AM
just jumped on forum... wth happened? sounds like a funny bug... how it was possible..?

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I got better things to do with my life. Alot of guilty parties are people that made this game what it is, and the devs know that. I know I've done 100x more good than harm in my time on PL, and a bad choice that took 2 minutes shouldnt wipe away months and months of dedication, over a year for some people.

Yes, I've done something wrong (or bad) and I paid for the price. Same thing here

It's just my opinion and you can disagree with me but don't get other people into this

Anyway, I'm too old for this and don't want to waste your time

Just like you said, go out and have fun with your real best friends, I think this maintenance will take a bit longer than usual

When server is back, you will know how nice devs are and most of you will be just fine

Does this make you feel better :)

Yes, I was just stressed and starting a response with "I've been here alot longer than you" is kind of offensive in nature ,considering you don't know how long I've been playing, only how long I've been on forums. But I appreciate you coming back with a more maturely and well thought out post, I really kind of thought you were rude until i saw this. No hard feelings?

Whirlzap
09-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know and I couldn't care less.
Slept through the whole thing lol.

Xazic
09-10-2011, 11:20 AM
For any questions see:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36535-Devs-plz-answer!-Prefferably-Sam

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:20 AM

I mostly meant that since plat is involved the devs are going to have to take a hard stance on it, much like they had to do with the plat being transferrable reversal decision. I don't really think that most expect/want reimbursement, but I'm sure some will aggro over it if they don't get their plat back.

Oh, and I took the warp pipe to World 3 for the extra lives exploit on stage 3-1. Now that was a true exploit, the warp was built in.

If people raise a fuss about a plat refund I will LOL. That's like calling the cops cuz your weed dealer sold you a light bag. Lmao

And yes, bad analogy on my part Gluttony, I was trying to relate to "taking the easy way out". On a side note, all this mario talk is making me wanna dust off the ol' NES. Lol need somethin to do while the devs do their magic!

LwMark
09-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I hadnt played in almost a week..the night this bug kreeped up i jump on...i wish i wouldve never downloaded forum app an READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!

pwnpear
09-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't use the bug! Do I get a prize :D joking aside, this is some serious stuff. At least it wasn't a pink every kill glitch @_@ still lvl 55 btw :/

Mizlilbrat
09-10-2011, 11:39 AM

I think you're mistaken bud. Read the user agreement. Plus it's a free game, no subscription. STS can ban and refuse service to whom ever they choose.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:43 AM
On a side note, all this mario talk is making me wanna dust off the ol' NES. Lol need somethin to do while the devs do their magic!

WiiWare ftw!

Otukura
09-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Going back on topic a bit, I did it.

Its like a drug... at first I didn't believe a friend, seemed too much like those cheats/scams.... After the first character, well, everyone was 61 by now and I just got carried away. I never tried to sell the glitch for profit, only told one friend when we asked. Once it was posted on the forums, I finally reported it; didn't want to get any friends in trouble at first. I can say that the people telling me only did it because I was so persistant. Oh, and not to mention any names, but 3 other GoAs told me it was completely fine, so I deicided, heck, if they roll back the servers its still fun for a night.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Once it was posted on the forums, I finally reported it; didn't want to get any friends in trouble at first.

That's the problem right there, everyone passed the buck and the offenders came out of the woodworks after the fact. Best possible choice would have been to tell your friends to report it and avoid contact through any means possible, log off if you had to. Just saying.

KingFu
09-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Was too curious, figured they'd roll back (which they did) and I'm glad they did tbh. Only leveled my Mage, kept bear:p They rolled back the levels if anyone hasn't said so yet. I can confirm:D

nayrleon
09-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Was too curious, figured they'd roll back (which they did) and I'm glad they did tbh. Only leveled my Mage, kept bear:p They rolled back the levels if anyone hasn't said so yet. I can confirm:D

Those originally below 60 and used the glitch i believed were successfully rolledback but a lot i know of who from 60 turned 61 due to the glitch still remains at 61. Not sure if STS will leave it like that but I hope they do something about it as well.

Otukura
09-10-2011, 01:10 PM
That's the problem right there, everyone passed the buck and the offenders came out of the woodworks after the fact. Best possible choice would have been to tell your friends to report it and avoid contact through any means possible, log off if you had to. Just saying.

I completely agree with that now, in the moment, I just wanted out after the first one. Went to eat and gave them my # incase I didn't get to talk again.

WolfShaman
09-10-2011, 02:09 PM
The discussion has turned from discussion of developer negligence, player Mea Culpas, into a bully pulpit. The core issue here is the "bug went live" into the infrastructure of the game adversely affecting gameplay. As I posted earlier, some players knowingly took advantage, verbalized the exploit, and profitted monetarily. Others, however, conducted themselves within the refs of the game, playing along and got caught in the glitch routine, with no malfeasence intended. Ultimately it is a developers responsibility to [not] deliver a faulty product to consumers. Deadlines and profit outweigh any serious Q&A that could have contained the bug. As for walking by or picking up a $100 bill on the ground: picking it up is stealing as you did not lawfully earn it.

Snub
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
You know what, just lock this thread, delete it even. Mr. PERFECT over here cant help but spew his unneeded opinion on my thread, and it's making me sick.

So.. You open a thread to get sympathy and because I offer none you dis me?
Seriously, If you take advantage of an exploit you should be banned. You use the excuse “I didn’t tell anyone to protect the game” but if you cared about PL you would have reported the bug and not used it. Not telling anyone just shows your intention to get away with cheating.
My name in game is SNUB, please set your toon to ignore me, I will return the favor.