PDA

View Full Version : Devs plz answer! Prefferably Sam

小孩子
09-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Right... So much controversy over Samhaynes comment "everyone who abused this bug will be banned"

I want to make an official answer thread, is it going to be:

A) the people that used the bug wether intentionally or un intentionally getting banned OR
B) only the people that used the bug in ways such as "selling cheat fast lvling etc etc"
Or just everyone going to be banned in general?

Plz answer asap then lock thread cos I really don't want flame wars here... Also everyone else non dev plz don't comment either, just keep it single post by dev thanks!

|>~Hunzzz

SUPAPRODIGY
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
So everyone that use it will be banned Permanently or for a week.

Justg
09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
We are currently figuring out our official position on it. Initial thoughts are to roll everyone who used it back, and only ban those who tried to sell it in game.

Clodoveo
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
We are currently figuring out our official position on it. Initial thoughts are to roll everyone who used it back, and only ban those who tried to sell it in game.

Can you please assure people know who didn't use the glitch that you are able to identify who specifically used it and didn't? And doesn't rollback mean EVERYTHING and EVERYONE gets rolled back?

SUPAPRODIGY
09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Can you roll me back to 60 then. Both of my accounts it would help alot i can get to 61 but i need more time but i just went back to school. So i dont play as much and will there be platinum refunds or no.

XghostzX
09-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes, I would like to be rolled back to 60. Thanks JustG for the assurance.

Justg
09-10-2011, 10:53 AM
We think we can identify who specifically used the exploit, and are only intending on rolling them back. There will not be a plat refund to those who used the exploit.

Register
09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
What about the plat that people spent on the trick*? I like the idea of rolling them back the xp but shouldnt plat be refunded as well? What about items gained like pinks?

Ellyidol
Can you please assure people know who didn't use the glitch that you are able to identify who specifically used it and didn't? And doesn't rollback mean EVERYTHING and EVERYONE gets rolled back?

Of course they'd rollback everyone who used it. What gain will they have for keeping glitched players at 61, when they would have more reason to use platinum elixirs to grind to 61?

I'm certain they can rollback based on XP alone while leaving everything intact. If they can instant push to whatever level, they can roll back to whatever level.

Xazic

OMFG PLS NO! i got to 61 without the bug/glitch and used hours and hours... And i had no idea that this bug/glitch existed!

Xazic
09-10-2011, 10:55 AM
We think we can identify who specifically used the exploit, and are only intending on rolling them back. There will not be a plat refund to those who used the exploit.

Justg you ninja! Ignore my last post...

krazii
09-10-2011, 11:01 AM
What about those who confirmed it, notified Devs and then encouraged other players not to do it? Can we get rolled forward????, haha, just kidding. I'm sure you guys will take care of it in the professional manner like you do with everything else.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, I'm safe then. I was at 60 with about 8400xp towards 61 before I did it.

I also never profited, told anyone else, and consider the 15 plat my "im sorry devs" gift. I don't expect to keep any money or gears gained post-bug. People that do expect to get a refund or not lose progress besides xp should just consider themselves lucky they aren't banned.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:03 AM
What about those who confirmed it, notified Devs and then encouraged other players not to do it? Can we get rolled forward????, haha, just kidding. I'm sure you guys will take care of it in the professional manner like you do with everything else.

I beat yo up wit ma level 30 ZOMBIES ROLLING PIN!!

coldwill
09-10-2011, 11:04 AM
The real question I have.... Is when the roll back happens will it be purely an xp roll back or everything? I was always counting on being sent back to 59, just worried about items and such being rolled back as well. I bought and sold a fair number of items yesterday and there are quite a few I wouldn't like to lose that were acquired without any glitch.

I realize this has been asked already. I am just interested in what JustG has to say about it.

Also, the no plat refund sounds fair to me personally.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Now that we can stop worrying about being banned, how bout we.... Idk.. GO HAVE SOME FUN OVER HERE!!!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36525-Forum-game-while-servers-down!!!/page16&highlight=Hunzzz

GO THERE!!! over 300 posts!!!

zuesmirza
09-10-2011, 11:08 AM

You are awesome

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:15 AM
The real question I have.... Is when the roll back happens will it be purely an xp roll back or everything? I was always counting on being sent back to 59, just worried about items and such being rolled back as well. I bought and sold a fair number of items yesterday and there are quite a few I wouldn't like to lose that were acquired without any glitch.

Weren't those items for your newly level 61 toon? Would you still have purchased them if you didn't xp jump? Wonder if the devs will also considered them ill-gotten gains. There are just so many angles to look at this thing from, I don't envy the devs today, not one bit.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs,*
Bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs,*
Bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears,*
'cos on Tuesdays they all try to catch them unawares!

coldwill
09-10-2011, 11:25 AM
No actually all items were part of my normal merchanting routine. I plan to wear enchanted for awhile. It is still plenty potent.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm quiet sure devs only rolling back the XP not the gear etc etc :)

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Any gear you dropped post bug should be removed, as it changed dynamics of the game, making it easier for you to do farm runs at max level. You might have gotten wiped at the boss as a level 60 and not have gotten the drops you did. I say a complete rollback to pre-bug for offending users is completely fair. Shouldnt be able to sell and trade ill gotten equips, thats why I only chatted after i did it. And it will be too hard to discern what gear was dropped or merchanted so I think the easiest way is a complete rollback and be happy u arent banned.

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Not to be rude but then whats taking so long dangit

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Any gear you dropped post bug should be removed, as it changed dynamics of the game, making it easier for you to do farm runs at max level. You might have gotten wiped at the boss as a level 60 and not have gotten the drops you did. I say a complete rollback to pre-bug for offending users is completely fair. Shouldnt be able to sell and trade ill gotten equips, thats why I only chatted after i did it. And it will be too hard to discern what gear was dropped or merchanted so I think the easiest way is a complete rollback and be happy u arent banned.

Last time there was a complete rollback (amazon) I lost over 2m in items cos of cs! Everything disappeared.... I say roll back XP!

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:37 AM

The quote suggests that they have not actually confirmed they can identify exactly who used the exploit, and if they can we have no clue if it has to be done one at a time. When you think about it in those terms, it could take quite a while.

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
The quote suggests that they have not actually confirmed they can identify exactly who used the exploit, and if they can we have no clue if it has to be done one at a time. When you think about it in those terms, it could take quite a while.

Wai yoo haz to kill all hope :(?

REDRUM!!!

coldwill
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM

The quote suggests that they have not actually confirmed they can identify exactly who used the exploit, and if they can we have no clue if it has to be done on a one at a time basis. When you think about it in those terms, it could take quite a while.

Too bad really... I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and bought plat to speed to level 61 then the glitch stuff came up... Now i am sitting here with nothing to play and I still look like a chipmunk with a bloody mouth. Hope it comes soon.

Lucilulu
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Dang I thought the devs were rewarding me for the many thousands in plat purchases I made. I thought it was xp Christmas, didnt know the gave to all of you. O well I guess I'll have to dominate PL with my 100 61's another day.

apocketlegend
09-10-2011, 11:49 AM
It will be Monday before they fix. And it's the weekend...

Justg
09-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Nah, we're on it now... soon...

小孩子
09-10-2011, 11:51 AM

*shines justg's shoes*

Nick41324
09-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I think I just dug my own grave -_-
I never sold it but I used it because of the people on the forums...and I dont think I ever saw someone selling it so I guess that's a good sign

coldwill
09-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Huzzah!

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Now if only "soon" was a measurement of time.

coldwill
09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Just logged in to PL. My toon is rolled back :). I could only get to the character selection screen though and then when i logged in it disconnected me.

Edit: well now i can't even get to the character selection screen. Ah well... I have been given hope.

KTpantyhose
09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
How can you target specifically who intentionally did it and didn't? Wouldn't that take days? And if you punished the people who didn't. That would be unfair.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Next year I wanna go to the android bbq and high five these guys. Workin on the weekend to get us playin again. Awesome stuff.

KTpantyhose
09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Also I just want to know how you can sell an elixir?? I didn't think that was possible?

Imacoolbirdd
09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
People who used willbe banned forever!? :(

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Last time there was a complete rollback (amazon) I lost over 2m in items cos of cs! Everything disappeared.... I say roll back XP!

Hunzzz u didnt do the exploit so you're not affected, or did you? I don't think its fair that people who might not have been able to obtain nuri gear thru drops normally, get to keep what they dropped at an exaggerated level.

Evaruss
09-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Guys I am in!

Try logging in now

AbsolutePally
09-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Glad everything is back to normal except low lvls in custom and such lol.
Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call and put the fear of God in people. So that if there's ever another bug they won't all be followers and "test" and cheat. Shame on all of you who diid, big ups to those who displayed self control.

Sassinya
09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Glad everything is back to normal except low lvls in custom and such lol.
Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call and put the fear of God in people. So that if there's ever another bug they won't all be followers and "test" and cheat. Shame on all of you who diid, big ups to those who displayed self control.

In my previous MMORPG, they just rolled everyone back, punished the lot of us for the misdeeds of a few! And I had just finished my Shadow Knights final fight for her Epic 1.0.

Thank STS Developers for caring about the community enough to work very hard to only roll back offenders! That's yet another reason I'm STS MMORPG for life.
(About those little antennas.... Kidding, thanks!!)