PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity is not an excuse for Glitching

Clodoveo
09-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I feel sorry for the people who ran across the glitch BUT if there is any way STS could track people who asked around for the glitch and USED it should be banned for those account. Its not an EXCUSE, you knew what you were getting into and you just wanted to gain advantage in the game, plain and simple.
I think this is the biggest glitch exploit STS come across so far? I don't know how they handle it and it might let us see how in depth the DEVS can track down what goes in the game. Everyother game I have played so far, if you glitch you get banned, no matter how long (3, 4 years) you played the game ....so..

Who agrees/disagrees with me? I don't mean to be selfish but YES its not fair that my own friends have 2+ TOONS all 61 or so OVERNIGHT. It might seem like whining but in all fairness its just frustating to see when some people put so much time in this game. (And yes I was one of the first ones to FIND and POST the glitch happening here and I was NOT "Curious" about it, because at the end I fear the consq."

Flickz
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
How is the thread helping anyone who plays pl? There is already like 10 threads about the glitch.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Theres already a thread like this make sure you use the search bar before making another thread.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Without curiosity, this glitch wouldn't have been found/reported.

We are currently figuring out our official position on it. Initial thoughts are to roll everyone who used it back, and only ban those who tried to sell it in game.

StompArtist
09-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Banning for this is way harsh. Just make them level 55 and move on.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I like the quote Elly used from Justg, those that tested it/used it WITHOUT gain, roll them back to where they started using it. Those that gained financially (gold) from it, buh-bye.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I like the quote Elly used from Justg, those that tested it/used it WITHOUT gain, roll them back to where they started using it. Those that gained financially (gold) from it, buh-bye.

Define financial gain. I'm still a level 59 so no level 60 gear for me, no extra +10 extra stats, no extra 2 skills. Some may have xp jumped straight past whole campaigns and started farming Nuri's months ahead of schedule, getting pink drops in the meantime. The gain is there for anyone, I think the devs will overlook those things, but honestly some will probably end up with more than they deserve.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Define financial gain. I'm still a level 59 so no level 60 gear for me, no extra +10 extra stats, no extra 2 skills. Some may have xp jumped straight past whole campaigns and started farming Nuri's months ahead of schedule, getting pink drops in the meantime. The gain is there for anyone, I think the devs will overlook those things, but honestly some will probably end up with more than they deserve.

Financial gain as in they received gold/items in return for the "secret." Also, those who were out of the range of the campaign (53 and below) who used the glitch should lose all gold/items gained in the Nuri campaign as they would not have gotten these drops without the said glitch. Make sense?

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Financial gain as in they received gold/items in return for the "secret." Also, those who were out of the range of the campaign (53 and below) who used the glitch should lose all gold/items gained in the Nuri campaign as they would not have gotten these drops without the said glitch. Make sense?

So just those spamming about the secret in Balefort deserve the ban? No one who jumped entire campaigns to get some end game swag? No financial gain to be had there?

What about the level 53 who wouldn't have had any place in Nuri's unless they were with a close group of friends carrying them all the way it. Plus their drops would have been scaled, unless there was a level 60+ in the group. They would have been less useful, less powerful, just overall less... Gain is gain and it's going to be tough to drudge through all that information to find exactly where to push toons back and what they get to take away from the experience.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Just roll it back and let it be done with. Why is everyone so keen on seeing their fellow players be banned? If they correct everyones xp then no harm done, no need to ban us.

CrimsonTider
09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
So just those spamming about the secret in Balefort deserve the ban? No one who jumped entire campaigns to get some end game swag? No financial gain to be had there?

What about the level 53 who wouldn't have had any place in Nuri's unless they were with a close group of friends carrying them all the way it. Plus their drops would have been scaled, unless there was a level 60+ in the group. They would have been less useful, less powerful, just overall less... Gain is gain and it's going to be tough to drudge through all that information to find exactly where to push toons back and what they get to take away from the experience.

Reread what I said, Glut. I also said those that were below 53 BEFORE the glitch occurred.

StompArtist
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Witch hunts are never good and dilluting the player base over this would not be positive in my opinion.

Ebalere
09-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Witch hunts are never good and dilluting the player base over this would not be positive in my opinion.

This.

Gluttony
09-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Reread what I said, Glut. I also said those that were below 53 BEFORE the glitch occurred.

Reread; I was mostly saying that just because one could access the campaign, doens't mean they belonged there. I was getting booted as a 59, and imagine that would have stopped and I would have had a legit shot at running if I used the bug to get to 61. Still, it's a complex mess the devs have to sort through today.

Otukura
09-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Also, if anyone deserves to be handed some honest punishment, what about the some of the Guardians of Alterra? Correct me if I am wrong but they’re supposed to be like the PL police right, and as such they should be held to a higher standard. Half the people who used it got it from Apollo’s genius idea to post the instructions on the forums. He may not have sold it for profit, but I guarantee he contributed to more people abusing it than and one person spamming in Balefort did.

We are NOT the PL police. Being a GoA isn't a job, it's a reward; a 1/3-day ban on everyone wouldn't be too far-fetched, IMO, but all GoAs should be given the same treatment as normal players. We are normal players. Parth removed it when he was told to, and saw that it was against the forum rules to post exploits. GoAs can make mistakes, we're only human.

Ellyidol
09-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Concenrned,

Sorry I'm too quick and did it in 10 minutes. Sorry your jealous as well. Sorry you have the need to hide behind a new account. Sorry you didn't have the chance to experience the bug and wake up to just reading about it. Yup, sorry to be you.

He, btw. If you knew me long enough to pass any sort of judgment, you'd think gender is the first thing you'd get right.

Eyesharp
09-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Hmm now I know the term of "curiosity killed the cat" instead of a cat and killed let's change it to this "curiosity banned the toon".

Otukura
09-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Concenrned,

Sorry I'm too quick and did it in 10 minutes. Sorry your jealous as well. Sorry you have the need to hide behind a new account. Sorry you didn't have the chance to experience the bug and wake up to just reading about it. Yup, sorry to be you.

He, btw. If you knew me long enough to pass any sort of judgment, you'd think gender is the first thing you'd get right.

I should've quoted the whole thing, the post was deleted D:

Ayc2000
09-10-2011, 05:19 PM
just curious, but how many threads were made about this glitch? Otu, you like quoting things too much >.>

Kossi
09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
all people who used the bug shouldnt be getting banned, its really sts's fault for not fixing it soon enough

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-10-2011, 06:00 PM
You guys all being dumb for making this a big deal so what people used it to lv up fast. We did have a rollback on those who. I knew the glitch, did I use it no because the fun in this game is actually playing and experiencing how fun is it to reach the end of a game in a few mins? None. There is no need to attack others ideas and put each other down on this topic in the end nobody gained any levels and whats done is done move on and grow up.

flyingscv
09-10-2011, 06:06 PM
all people who used the bug shouldnt be getting banned, its really sts's fault for not fixing it soon enough

Oh really? So by the same token Steam should not bam Counter Strike players who use aim and wall hacks, nor should Blizzard ban those Korean AP hack users who has an unfair advantage over other users? In all those cases its "the dev's fault"?

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I wouldnt blame the dev this wasnt a hack like in all those other instances this was simply a glitch like many other games have. The devs are only human and cannot make everything perfect.

Kossi
09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh really? So by the same token Steam should not bam Counter Strike players who use aim and wall hacks, nor should Blizzard ban those Korean AP hack users who has an unfair advantage over other users? In all those cases its "the dev's fault"?

i mean this was a small glitch and in this case, if you just wanted to try it out you get banned here.