PDA

View Full Version : Duels banner possible?

Nvgd
08-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Hey Devs,

Is it possible to make duel banners ,the ones you gave way back in the day like Ctf and tdm banners? Is it possible to do that for Duels? I think it would be very awesome and it will encourage more players to duel each other :)

Jestersoldier
08-02-2016, 06:26 AM
there's already enough dummy banners, no need for even more.

Ssneakykills
08-02-2016, 06:45 AM
there's already enough dummy banners, no need for even more.

Dam you beat me to it

Nvgd
08-02-2016, 06:54 AM
If you like it or not, dummy farmers will be there no matter what.

Allows.
08-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Lol, sorry but is this thread even serious?
What's the actual point of giving away banners to Duels?
It's easy af to dummy farm there, easier than in TDM and CTF, since there you are getting matched with other players.
If banners are given to Duels as well, people will just kill their own dummy again and again or will duel low level players.
No thanks

Plqgue
08-02-2016, 07:14 AM
I think it would be great.....

Nvgd
08-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Lol, sorry but is this thread even serious?
What's the actual point of giving away banners to Duels?
It's easy af to dummy farm there, easier than in TDM and CTF, since there you are getting matched with other players.
If banners are given to Duels as well, people will just kill their own dummy again and again or will duel low level players.
No thanks

Oh it's serious, other wise i wouldn't post this thread.... But i get you're point. I just want new earnable banners :)

Gouiwaa9000
08-02-2016, 08:15 AM
The name of the banner should be "Dummy farmer's banner" and it will look like a huge wooden dummy impailed on a stick .

zerofort
08-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Ahahahahha love that banner idea gouiwaa

Zulgath
08-02-2016, 09:02 AM
I think he meant tournament banners not kill count lb banners

Nvgd
08-02-2016, 10:20 AM
I think he meant tournament banners not kill count lb banners

No not tournament banners...

JesuisCharlie
08-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Duel banners mean more indo kids beg for duels when you have a bad kdr/stats
Nty!

Zulgath
08-02-2016, 11:39 AM
No not tournament banners...
Nah then dont even bother asking for it lol

Avaree
08-02-2016, 12:06 PM
:hopelessness: Another banner for a cheating opportunity. :hopelessness:

..........seriously.......some of the things we read, lol.

Befs
08-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Lol!

This banner would just be a dummy banner.

P.S. People literally stand in town selling duel kills for like 500 gold each.

Zeus
08-02-2016, 01:47 PM
No thank you. Right now there are already a bunch of people dummy farming their duel KDR to make it seem pro. I wouldn't want a banner being rewarded for it.

Downwithnotts
08-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Stop advertising how I make my gold please._.

Down with u.

Nvgd
08-02-2016, 02:58 PM
And how about in general adding some new earnable banners?

Suentous PO
08-02-2016, 07:47 PM
^"99 % of my kills"^

So is one percent dummy farmed?

Zeus
08-02-2016, 07:52 PM
^"99 % of my kills"^

So is one percent dummy farmed?

Yes, and for reasons explained in the previous post as well as countless previous posts before that. I got on that board legitimately and stayed on for several months. I earned my spot. At the end of season, there was a slew of active dummy farmers on the board and I was not about to give my spot up that I earned legitimately to those types of players. People can judge me for it, but ultimately, if it were so wrong, I would've gotten my kills wiped already. So, I do not really care for the judgement. I'm neither afraid nor embarrassed to admit those amount of kills. I never was and I never will be. :)

Some may be martyrs and give up their earned spot to a cheater but I am not one of those people. If people play underhanded with me, I will beat them at their own game. I hope this makes sense. If it does not, that's fine. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Ilvivianlx
08-02-2016, 08:08 PM
yeah cause thats just what we need another useless banner that doesnt do anything...not a new pet or something us plat payers pay for but a useless banner yeah cause thats what we want smhh

Suentous PO
08-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Yes, and for reasons explained in the previous post as well as countless previous posts before that. I got on that board legitimately and stayed on for several months. I earned my spot. At the end of season, there was a slew of active dummy farmers on the board and I was not about to give my spot up that I earned legitimately to those types of players. People can judge me for it, but ultimately, if it were so wrong, I would've gotten my kills wiped already. So, I do not really care for the judgement. I'm neither afraid nor embarrassed to admit those amount of kills. I never was and I never will be. :)

Some may be martyrs and give up their earned spot to a cheater but I am not one of those people. If people play underhanded with me, I will beat them at their own game.

I wouldn't try to "beat them at their own game" if it involved bending rules/cheating ( not my definitions), but that's me. I also wouldn't call bowing out of a crooked game being a martyr.
They have taken ppl off the boards for kill farming right, what if they got around to taking out those threatening your spot? Then any legit players have to catch up to your flubs also. Justification versus fairness
It sounds like the justifications that politicians use to get ahead in obviously crooked politics.

Zeus
08-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't try to "beat them at their own game" if it involved bending rules/cheating ( not my definitions), but that's me. I also wouldn't call bowing out of a crooked game being a martyr.
They have taken ppl off the boards for kill farming right, what if they got around to taking out those threatening your spot? Then any legit players have to catch up to your flubs also. Justification versus fairness
It sounds like the justifications that politicians use to get ahead in obviously crooked politics.

At this time, the game was being neglected. Countless threads were made about these farmers and nothing was done. And even if something was, would the victims be compensated? No, therefore I am entirely content with the decision I made.

There were no rules being bent either. I followed the ToS and the post that was up in PvP section. My "flubs" were insignificant and could be caught up within two days of PvP. This doesn't mean anything for any legitimate player. If I continued the margin, sure, you have a point. However, I waited until the last hour of season end to do it and only did exactly enough to maintain my spot. So, the damage was absolutely minimal. Could I have done it more discretely? Sure! However, my intent was never to hide or be ashamed of it. I could've just done 500 a day and it would've gone unnoticed. However, I wanted to see if it was possible to maintain the spot without resorting to the same measures. Unfortunately, it is not. Therefore, I only made action at the final hour, where it was minimal damage to any legitimate players.

In today's day and age, with AL receiving a lot more love, things have proven to be different. So, today, would I have made a different decision? Probably, but at that current state of the game, no. I can give you specific names of people who did get knocked off due to those dummy farmers. Ask them if they or their lost banners were compensated. The answer, unfortunately, will not be to your liking. That's the sad truth of leaderboards. If you expect more than that, then you will be sorely disappointed. This is also the very reason why STG gives nothing more than a banner for being on these boards.

After you've spent years at working for a goal like this, we can revisit this topic. Until then, it's really all theoretical without any actual investment made from those who are judging.

Suentous PO
08-02-2016, 09:01 PM
While I'd love to scrutinize words like victim, or compensate I don't wanna turn this into what could be a pm. I just wanted to inject that "beating them at their own game" & lowering oneself to their level may be the same thing.
But
That's why batman is a great archetype of a hero.

And because I haven't seen anyone say it in a while-

Lol @ pvp

Energizeric
08-02-2016, 09:21 PM
A while ago when duels were first introduced, I suggested instead of just a KDR, there should be a "Duel Rating" system which would take into consideration the rating of any opponent and the difficulty of the match, and then calculate accordingly. Such a system could not be dummy farmed. I made some simple suggestions, but I'm sure some on this forum are more mathematically inclined than me and could help formulate a good system if STS was interested in implementing one. Then I would be all for giving out a banner. But with the current system, no way!

Zylx
08-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Then duel dummies can charge double the gold for deaths. Sounds like a revolutionary idea, i cant believe that no one thought of it yet. There is absolutely no possibility anything could go wrong, im sure everyone will legitimately earn their kills cuz who has time for cheating?

Seoratrek
08-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post this suggestion. Let's remember to keep the posts civil, alright? :)