PDA

View Full Version : Can't use quotes in forum signatures anymore?

Kalielle
09-11-2011, 06:49 AM
I think I heard someone else mention before that he couldn't change his signature without deleting the quote in it, and today it happened to me too. I tried to change my signature and when I went to preview it said:
"BB code quote is not allowed."

I tried just deleting the link to the tutorial - and not adding anything to make sure the error wasn't caused by my signature being too long - and I still got the error.

Was this an intended change? Quotes have always been one of the most fun part in signatures for me. I'm sad to see them go - and now I'm reluctant to change my signature since I'll never be able to get it back.

Apologies if there's already a thread somewhere about this. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

Survivorfan
09-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I agree, they were the best part of sigs... Bring them back!

Brickwall
09-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Just encountered this same problem while trying to add a quote. Is there a way to fix this?

Samhayne
09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
The use of the quote tags has been removed, as when they are stacked, contribute considerably to "vertical bloat" of posts.

You can certainly still put text in your signature that show's off a quote, you just can't have the big ol quote bubble around it. Say you wanted to quote something like:

This Rocks!

Just put some text in your signature like:

Samhayne said: "This Rocks!"

You could color it, or size it or underline or whatever you wanted to make the line of text read how you liked.

You could also change the text to be a hyperlink, leading to the post where that quote was said. It just keeps it from taking up a ton of vertical space, meaning you have to scroll a bunch to read a thread. If you want to blame anyone for this, blame the folks who were stacking 5 and 6 quotes on top of each other, making for a signature that was a good 6 to 8 inches in height.

Cabero
09-17-2011, 06:17 AM
How come we can't use colored text anymore too? I tried using the colored font feature when editing my sig and it told me BBC not allowed. Why have that feature in the options if we can't use it and why is that a problem to use anyway?