PDA

View Full Version : Why do Internet/You guys abuse the PERIOD (.) Only when...

Clodoveo
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
To soundsmart
Confronted
Threatened
Act superior

Why? when you don't usually use it in game or forum because you could care less. Butttttt when the top 4 happens, I see a period every sentence even when you don't need one...

You guys know what I am talking about right?

Not ranting just for fun, please do not act smart with the dreaded period. <------ (Period) xD

Otukura
09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm really not sure what you're talking about....

The "don't need one..." should be four periods, that ends a sentence. Three is for when you're going to continue it again. :D

Irulelol
09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Yup.... U know the rule..... 3-7 periods end most declarative sentences......

Clodoveo
09-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm really not sure what you're talking about....

The "don't need one..." should be four periods, that ends a sentence. Three is for when you're going to continue it again. :D

OH I see what you DID THER

Otukura
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM

No, its four periods because there are the three from trailing off and the final actual period. Three periods plus a question mark, comma, exclamation mark, etc.; they all work. Three doesn't end a sentence, neither does five, six, or seven.

Irulelol
09-11-2011, 03:33 PM

No, its four periods because there are the three from trailing off and the final actual period. Three periods plus a question mark, comma, exclamation mark, etc.; they all work. Three doesn't end a sentence, neither does five, six, or seven.
Unless its on a tuesday in the 4 week of the month and the moon is a waxing cresent

Clodoveo
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM

Insert /facepalm picture

Carth
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
What? I don't understand what this is all about.

Silentarrow
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Insert /facepalm picture
I prefer going by the year, year 2011= 2011 periods.

Cahaun
09-11-2011, 04:07 PM

brizo
09-11-2011, 04:45 PM
lol i tend to put periods when i want to state my point and have the other person shut up lol...and now tht i think about it,, ik some ppl who use a bunch of commas inbetween words,, and some ppl who just put a bunch of periods before starting the sentence again...like tht...i kinda just pick up on it,, then it becomes a habit...lol...course i should be talkin eh?...lolzz...

Zeus
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, it is all subjective on the posters' writing styles. I mean, I use many periods throughout my posts, as long as the posts are grammatical; I do not care. There is honestly nothing wrong with using too many periods, if there is somebody who does not know the alternative grammatical punctuation; I would rather them use a period for each sentence than for the sentence to turn into a rambling post of nothingness.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Well actually, I tend to use the periods when I'm talking with friends normally. Sometimes when I need to type super fast i will forget some punctuation, but other than that, I use periods all the time. :D

Truseeker
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I. Dont. See. What.the.prob.is.............whats.the.big.deal.an d.why.r.u.subjective.towards.others.writing.styles .........period. . . . . . .. . . .

thequickone
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
;)

Truseeker
09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
This . Is. A. Funny. Thread. .........period.