PDA

View Full Version : Alot Of High Lv Jerks...

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
So I join a Nuris Madness Run so I could farm with my lv56 farmer and 4/5 games I get booted with the reason noob or just some random letter. Now I have a lv60 toon and never boot without reason. It just amazes me that there are so many players like this still playing. Like how cool do you think you are just because you at max lv you can look down on everyone. I didnt belive that the boot button was being abused before but now Im starting to rethink it.

Nickyeagle
09-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree, I get booted because I am 58, and not 60-61. I think it is wrong, who cares u are 2 levels behind them. Its still another player helping to get the level finished quicker. (FYI, I never will and never booted anyone, so if u see a Nickyeagle game, u know u will not be booted. :) )

Citrasena
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't boot either. Sometimes I have a group doing xp runs and they don't get on every game, I just pm them to say next one :), if it is a specific guild game or party game then I password it.

TANKKAAR
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Solutions:
A) Join a PUG where no player has boot capabilities

B) Create own game this way only you can boot

C) Only join friends/guild run games :-)

Non-Solutions:
A) Posting a thread like this...lol

B) Continuing to join games that you weren't invited to

Nickyeagle
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Agreed Cinderz. If u want a game with high level people, invite your high level friends to a passworded game.

RedRyder
09-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Play with friends and you'll never get booted, unless you took someone's spot. Even then they would ask politely for you to leave inseat of booting for reason "h." just in case, I keep my guardian shield on :p it's like an anti-boot machine ;p

Recently I only do games hosted by my guild, I never get booted

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Sigh but its not just runs either I remember back when the cap was 56 there was alot of bullies in the CS who would make fun of newbies who didnt know what CS meant or didnt know that items could cost 100k-1m. And high lv players would gang up on the poor fellow. Its just sad. Im not saying there arent people who help these guys cause Ive seen alot of helpful players but Im just amazed at how many jerks there are in PL.

RedRyder
09-11-2011, 04:35 PM
There will always be a large amount of jerks in any mmorpg that you play

Register
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
What red said...you just cannot avoid them unless you host your own game and boot them! if you join any of my games, ill always boot you with a real reason ;) That is, if I have one! I wont boot for the fun of it like some jerks

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
And yes I know about inviting your own friends and private games but sometimes your friends are just busy or you play at odd hours if the day. My main point is that why is it that high lv players seem to think they are so elite that they own this game. I remember being a newbie myself an looking up to these guys an their cool sets wanting to be like them. Ive never seen a lower lv player call someone a noob or imtimidate another player because they werent as good its always a veteran player which I find really sad...

Register
09-11-2011, 04:42 PM
And yes I know about inviting your own friends and private games but sometimes your friends are just busy or you play at odd hours if the day. My main point is that why is it that high lv players seem to think they are so elite that they own this game. I remember being a newbie myself an looking up to these guys an their cool sets wanting to be like them. Ive never seen a lower lv player call someone a noob or imtimidate another player because they werent as good its always a veteran player which I find really sad...

you looked up to them? I was scared to talking to people on the forums when I was new....LOL!

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Lol I ment lookin at them in game all sparkly and what not.

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Solution: list out the jerks that boot people for no/lame reasons and everyone boot the hell out of them once they join other parties

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Solution: list out the jerks that boot people for no/lame reasons and everyone boot the hell out of them once they join other parties
thats a terrible solution

Duped
09-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, as to low level people not being elitists, its not always true :) I was in balefort castle on an alt once and these level 16 guys (I was level 14) told me I was lucky they couldn't boot me (it was my game lol!) and that I should be paying them for playing. I had 3 characters at level 55 at that time and those guys were just total jokes. They died constantly and were horrible players.

Moral of the story: Low level jerks become high level jerks, and even at level 60 or 61 - they are still a joke. Don't worry about them, add them to your ignore list. Sorry to hear about your rough experience btw. I also have almost stopped PUG's altogether and never have this problem anymore.

AmongDemons
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Solution: list out the jerks that boot people for no/lame reasons and everyone boot the hell out of them once they join other parties This is the farthest thing from a solution.

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
thats a terrible solution

It's a wonderful solution. The world is a reputation business. If you like to bully people you grow a bad reputation. Listing out the people with bad reputation only helps improve efficiency in information. If you want to stop people from doing certain things you don't like, complaining is useless; you have to create a disincentive for them. That way you get the incentives aligned.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
It's a wonderful solution. The world is a reputation business. If you like to bully people you grow a bad reputation. Listing out the people with bad reputation only helps improve efficiency in information. If you want to stop people from doing certain things you don't like, complaining is useless; you have to create a disincentive for them. That way you get the incentives aligned.
ok if u keep booting them then u will have a bad reputation then everyone would want to boot u

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:29 PM
ok if u keep booting them then u will have a bad reputation then everyone would want to boot u

If I keep booting bullies I think I will most likely end up with a good reputation.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 05:31 PM
If I keep booting bullies I think I will most likely end up with a good reputation.
wow so u think the only way to solve something is wat their doing?!?! then ur not trying to solve anything, ur just expanding the problem

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I think the only way to solve a problem is to find out the incentives of the people that created the problem. However you want to eliminate the incentives can be a topic for discussion.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I think the only way to solve a problem is to find out the incentives of the people that created the problem. However you want to eliminate the incentives can be a topic for discussion.
so u think the only way to solve a problem is to fight back?! so if ur in school and someone calls u a bad name u keep making fun of them for the rest of the year?!

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Or should I keep letting them call me bad names and not do anything about it?

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Or should I keep letting them call me bad names and not do anything about it?
ummmm u can just ignore them or just tell the teacher and IG u can just report them

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Im sure anyone who just got booted for a lame reason is more than happy to ignore the person that booted them, unfortunately they can't stop the same jerks from booting them again, and the people that like to boot others for fun will continue to do so because there is nothing discouraging them from that. (I don't think "teachers" in pocket legends care much about that either. Afterall it's not something to be regulated in a game)

The point is, there are people that like to boot others just so other people in the group can laugh at the boot message. The only way to stop them is to let their names be known so they know that they shouldn't have booted you in the first place.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Im sure anyone who just got booted for a lame reason is more than happy to ignore the person that booted them, unfortunately they can't stop the same jerks from booting them again, and the people that like to boot others for fun will continue to do so because there is nothing discouraging them from that. (I don't think "teachers" in pocket legends care much about that either. Afterall it's not something to be regulated in a game)

The point is, there are people that like to boot others just so other people in the group can laugh at the boot message. The only way to stop them is to let their names be known so they know that they shouldn't have booted you in the first place.
then u can just stop joining their games...

Orcish
09-11-2011, 06:04 PM
This reminded me when I got booted a few weeks ago or so. After I was booted I ended up getting few apologetic pm's that read, "Zomg we are so sorry! We hadn't realized who you were!" Lol. I responded with tis ok its not a big deal I'm just a player like everyone else ;) . For some reason players assume I'm a dev or a GoA, I quickly inform them otherwise. I really wish there was a way to fix this boot issue. Perhaps having the game remember lock status when hosting and or be able to lock during the stage? I'm not sure what the solution would be but it is definitely poor form to boot someone for being a few levels lower then you. By lvl 55 all the imporant skills should already be maxed out and a few state points aren't really going to make a huge difference anyways.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
This reminded me when I got booted a few weeks ago or so. After I was booted I ended up getting few apologetic pm's that read, "Zomg we are so sorry! We hadn't realized who you were!" Lol. I responded with tis ok its not a big deal I'm just a player like everyone else ;) .
lol i was like OMG! when i met u :D

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I can stop joining their games, but others still will and will get booted for being incompetent noobs not to be valued by society. By making the bullies' names public, people will at least know whose games to avoid so they don't have to suffer the humiliation.

elianel
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
the funny thing is sometime the low level know how to play better then a high level lol

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I can stop joining their games, but others still will and will get booted for being incompetent noobs not to be valued by society. By making the bullies' names public, people will at least know whose games to avoid so they don't have to suffer the humiliation.
yeah but u dont need to start a "booting war"...

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 06:16 PM
The booting is optional. But I think people will do it anyway knowing that the person that just joined is notorious for booting others for no reason.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:20 PM
The booting is optional. But I think people will do it anyway knowing that the person that just joined is notorious for booting others for no reason.
so ur just the unforgiving type?

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM
It's not about forgiveness. It's about creating an disincentive for people that boot others for fun.

If you think that what they do is an externality. You make it costly for them to continue doing it.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
It's not about forgiveness. It's about creating an disincentive for people that boot others for fun.

If you think that what they do is an externality. You make it costly for them to continue doing it.
or if u keep booting them they will get even madder and boot even more ppl

Suentous PO
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
As someone who almost exclusively "p.u.g.s" I would love it if the "continue" button in the start screen did not sometimes drop me into hosted games thereby setting me up for boottrolls.
Ferreal

Yvonnel
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Dude I have to say you have the wrong attitude. This world is not you get me I'll get you.

Booting has it's usefullness. I use it quite regularly. Particularly if running with an established party.

There are always people that will abuse things in this world. The best way to handle a bully is to ignore them. If you don't let what they do to you bother you, they have no power over you. To take an action against them, gives credence to what they are doing. Bullies thrive on this.

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
To take an action against them, gives credence to what they are doing. Bullies thrive on this.
exactly was i was trying to say :D
and stevieoopsie, u can do anything u want i dont care

Hankomachos
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Nicky, stick with me, I don't boot friends. :)

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Of course booting is useful. Hosts have the right to choose whom they should play with. But when you boot someone and tell them that they are worthless noobs, it's an insult and therefore an externality.

Also, what I'm suggesting is for victims to list the people that booted (read: insulted) them so others can be aware of them. I'm not forcing anyone to boot the people listed (even though they very much deserve being booted). Read everything Ive said and don't just take one sentence and bring it out of context.

stevieoopsie
09-11-2011, 07:04 PM

And no, some will get madder, some will rethink what they have done and perhaps apologize for their own benefit. The offenders that get madder and boot (read again: insult) even more people? People like that I think are a problem to the community and simply booting them is not enough.

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok guys lets all be friends Im so over this now and so shoukd you guys(: lets talk about hiw your days were? xP

Cytokinesis
09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Ok guys lets all be friends Im so over this now and so shoukd you guys(: lets talk about hiw your days were? xP
lol

McBain
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't think I've ever booted anyone. For one thing, if I'm playing with a specific group of players, it's always a password game. Plus, you never know who the player is. Some people have a lot of alts. Just because that character might be a lower level, the guy behind it might have been playing way longer than you have and be much better at the game than you despite his lower level. Skill makes a big difference. Unless you have an actual reason, I always think it's good to give someone a chance.

Swimmingstar
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Play with friends and you'll never get booted, unless you took someone's spot. Even then they would ask politely for you to leave inseat of booting for reason "h." just in case, I keep my guardian shield on :p it's like an anti-boot machine ;p

sometimes rare vanity items help to the host will ask you questions and you can answer when you want to leave :)

The only time I've booted is when some guy keeps rushing in pvp or is being mean or someone takes someones spot in a game but I still say they can join next game if someone leaves. Just don't be one of those people and boot for jddfdjkz every time.

mejslll
09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
my guess is a lot of ppl didnt really earn lvl 61... and are all full of them selves from the G L I C H, the lvl on the screen says 61 but they really are 40s or 30s - and dont know how to handle the power of 61

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I guess some people can be kind of rude, but just to put my comment on a reply on the first thread, just because somebody does it to you does not mean you should do it. 2 wrongs never make a right. So I say like many others say, just gather some friends, or maybe a guild, and make your own game, and have fun doing it. :)

Cheers! :)

rsimone
09-11-2011, 11:52 PM
unfortunately it's part of the game. I don't have the time to play as much as before with work and other stuff so it's mostly a couple of 15 sessions of gaming few times a week. It's hard to schedule games when you aren't online at specific times. I just join a game and hope I don't get booted. Oh and the founders helm probably helps cause I've only been booted once since the new levels. lol.

- simone

Kraze
09-12-2011, 12:14 AM
my guess is a lot of ppl didnt really earn lvl 61... and are all full of them selves from the G L I C H, the lvl on the screen says 61 but they really are 40s or 30s - and dont know how to handle the power of 61
Nice try that was fixed....let's look at the numbers the difference in armor and damage can be extreme in a 4 level difference with set bonuses and attribute points. A valid point remains you run the "risk" of getting booted when you join random games (don't understand why this is a big deal just get over it). However my opinion may be influenced as I only run in guild games and therefore don't have to worry about these things.

CodyBearr
09-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Tell me about it.... They can just be super jerks in and out of runs but I try to just join friends but get haggled by their friends that I'm still 58 and don't pot -__- it's like I can't take my time or I'll get booted or told off...

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Sigh I hate how people who pot up think they are way better too.. Ive noticed someone who pots tends to boot more than someone who doesnt.

LADYHADASSA
09-12-2011, 06:41 AM

Gear and a level status does not mean a vet player it means somone reached the lvl cap and with elixers such as we have now it can mean in simple terms they have money in the real world to spend.

Vet players in my view are the old school players, no matter your staus in game the boot will happen, yesterday a team of full potted players where on run, i did my usuall "full!" question the response was lady please pot or leave...lol lol lol i left, potting should not be a requirment to join a map any more then a lvl. Somtimes farming teams just happen a group of known and unknown players work well together and keep running, even without a pass word, when game starts i tell peeps sorry full.. If im in map in the middle of a mob, as i am not a mage who hangs back i will boot with "srry :("

I have a lower lvl bird well now its 57, but have made games had peeps joinand leave dueto my lvl, i have said over and over, i pot bevaise of my lvl, and would often ratner play with a low lvl then higherones, who donot know how to play the game.. I havetaken a few players of my friends list on my main for their ignorant booting style.

If i am not full join up i am farming often, add ladyhadazza and ladyhadasa

LADYHADASSA
09-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Sigh I hate how people who pot up think they are way better too.. Ive noticed someone who pots tends to boot more than someone who doesnt.

Agreed!! The funny part is that if a groip wants to pot and alters potted players instead of a full map, seriousley the mobs are dead with two potted players and a team, peoples plat would last longer and you will be more likleynto keep your farming team... Thinking is not some peeps strong suit...

LADYHADASSA
09-12-2011, 06:48 AM

RED!! Lmao dont be like that I dont farm with you cause of shield i do so because you are a vet player :0. So dont put all not in your guid on the do not join list...lol lol lol... Will be o. Runs late joi. Up :)

arischal
09-12-2011, 07:12 AM
This is what I do to solve the issue, I join another game. Solved. I never take boots personally unless I'm elixired up and they let me get to boss before booting. Booting at or near boss is only unforgivable boot IMO

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Solutions:

Non-Solutions:

Additonal Solution:

Players who are jerks can always stop being jerks. At least we can hope. But, won't always happen.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
So I join a Nuris Madness Run so I could farm with my lv56 farmer and 4/5 games I get booted with the reason noob or just some random letter. Now I have a lv60 toon and never boot without reason. It just amazes me that there are so many players like this still playing. Like how cool do you think you are just because you at max lv you can look down on everyone. I didnt belive that the boot button was being abused before but now Im starting to rethink it.

Sorry, you have run across some jerks. Can make the game less fun sometimes.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM

Really?

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Well, as to low level people not being elitists, its not always true :

Moral of the story: Low level jerks become high level jerks, and even at level 60 or 61 - they are still a joke. Don't worry about them, add them to your ignore list. Sorry to hear about your rough experience btw. I also have almost stopped PUG's altogether and never have this problem anymore.

This is way it is. People who are jerks will act that way when they are low levels and will usually not change once they become high level players (all though, I have seen people change many times). The main difference is: at high level they are lots of times more vocal because they think cuz they are high level they have the right and ability to "look down" on others.

The good news is that there are plenty of non-jerks. Sometimes they are not as vocal as the jerks are. But, you can find them.

Likewise, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
the funny thing is sometime the low level know how to play better then a high level lol

Very true often times.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM

And no, some will get madder, some will rethink what they have done and perhaps apologize for their own benefit. The offenders that get madder and boot (read again: insult) even more people? People like that I think are a problem to the community and simply booting them is not enough.

I have read on the forums that you can report someone for the kind of booting you are talking about. I don't know if the devs realy have time to deal with it, just like scamming. You can report scams, but players keep saying that it doesn't do not good cuz the devs are too busy. So, idk, if reporting is a good idea or not.

Reaganite
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I've been booted a few times by some jerks, but I've also politely been asked to leave for various reasons. I always respond nicely and move on.

Pakax
09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
hahahahahahahaha
you've got a point there Tank

Solutions:

Non-Solutions:

Cahaun
09-12-2011, 06:09 PM
...but I've also politely been asked to leave for various reasons. I always respond nicely and move on.
That was the atmosphere of the closed beta in SL. Everyone was soo nice. What I was going to say is that if you stick to a guild and make friends occasionally, you won't get booted. I always ask "mind if I join?" Just as I enter a zone. Usually people who like kindness say "no, please join! :) "

ocagrevy
09-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I dont agree with booting for the reason of "noob" however as a lvl61 with full glyph charmin set. I do get sick of dying over and over on a nuri run because all the other players are lvl 58 and under with less than great sets. Being a mage i still pull way more argo than any bear or bird at thoes lvls. So im not justifying being a jerk. Just saying how it is when looking from the other side....

13lacklegionz
09-13-2011, 03:44 PM
The developers do listen to what you have to say. However, you have to explain the incident in detail by pressing on the offending character, pressing report,and creating the email to send to spacetimestudios.

Rare
09-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Actually, until yesterday I thought this was the case. One my "friends" booted with the reason "Doctor said I had a baby" or something weird like that.

I think it takes just as long if not a few seconds longer to ask someone to leave.

ATL

Amuze
09-13-2011, 06:20 PM

And not surprisingly, those jerks tend to lump together into the same guilds. :)

RedRyder
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
And not surprisingly, those jerks tend to lump together into the same guilds. :)

Haha ever play order and chaos? In the Arcadian forest server on iOS, there was this guild called 'Eclipse' that pretty much ganked all the players half their level at pvp graveyards. It's almost always a bunch of anti social teenagers going on hormonal rages.

Amuze
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Haha ever play order and chaos? In the Arcadian forest server on iOS, there was this guild called 'Eclipse' that pretty much ganked all the players half their level at pvp graveyards. It's almost always a bunch of anti social teenagers going on hormonal rages.

I was in that guild for about 1 week. The teenage hormonal nonsense drove me away. Ironically, I was in a guild called Eclipse in the first MMORPG I ever played - Dark Age of Camelot. That Eclipse was one heck of a guild and without question a top flight group of people.

So, I went ahead and started Eclipse in PL with hopes of bringing some honor to the name that it had back in the day with MMORPG's were more about community than the stuff we see today. So far it's going a lot better than expected and there is absolutely no relation to the O&C guild (FYI).

RedRyder
09-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Good to know, I was always wondering if it came from oc. Thanks for negating the thought :)

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM

I knew your name was familiar! Lol.....

Ellyidol
09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Interesting views on the boot button. Ironically, booting yields the same result as asking the person to leave; you need the spot. Therefore, I don't think booting is the problem, it's the manner on how it's done.

For those that I've booted, if I can remember to, I use exactly this phrase:

"I regret to inform you that there are no more vacancies. I sincerely apologize."

Would that 'soften' the boot? Or is your view on booting still the same?

Personally, I've gotten messages as nice as "No problem, sorry" or as awkward as "U banana".

Just on the defense of booting, I personally don't think it's the time used from asking the bootee to leave, but it's the act of stopping with the mobs, typing in 'Full, please leave (or whatever your message is), and waiting for the response of bootee. All this time with your eyes on the chatbox instead of the game, which for some classes, eg. a bear that tries to lead ahead, would mean the potential death of some teammates, of himself, or the general slowdown of the run.

However, I do see the reason for the anti-boot-buttoners. It's when a player is just standing around, not really doing anything productive, is booting for no valid reason, correct?

octavos
09-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Well I might be a high level but far from being a jerk :) find me ingame
I help when I can, and support 110% of the time. hopefully we will talk soon.

-slGhost

SssoulSsshine
09-14-2011, 12:12 PM
<snip>

Moral of the story: Low level jerks become high level jerks, and even at level 60 or 61 - they are still a joke.
<snip>

LMAO.

And a good portion of them get to be high level jerks only by being power-levelled...

Haowesie
09-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't believe in booting... It's a game and everyone deserves to play. Hard to say when someone is loitering or just slow due to lag, high ping times, etc. So, I find it really awkward when someone asks me to boot another player who was clearly playing.

Have to admit that I've had to use it when this person jumped in at the tail end of the game and was lying dead at the boss waiting for the loot, even after I asked for help. I realise their loot luck does not affect mine, but I wasted a lot of red potions -- if I knew this person was not going to help, I would not have engaged the boss and just re-made the game.

I have someone on my friend list who booted another player at the boss who was clearly playing, gave a silly reason that I can't remember and he thought it was funny... I bow my head in shame. I've been booted before by someone in my friends list for killing a mini-boss -- I don't hold grudges, and continue to play with this person now that I know their preference.

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
This thread is still alive?xD Im glade to know you guys feel so strongly about this topic. And you know sometimes you just have a breaking point. Lots of these things happen all the time and sometimes someone just snaps like me but afterwards you just think it was a waste of time being mad. There is no real solution but sometimes people just need to vent which helps them feel better. I just hope that is what you guys are getting from this tread not just flaming for the hell of it, but to share experience and give positive feedback and wisdom to make the game better(:

Evolt
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I got booted once for being at such high level when playing low level dungeons...I just wanted to help!

NECROREAPER
09-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Lol had the same thing happen to me evolt, but they didn't boot, they just kept giving me a hard time and bugging me to leave

Imacoolbirdd
09-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Im 56 and never get booted :/ maybe because i wear my 56 crown :D

Evolt
09-16-2011, 01:47 AM
interesting thing though, when I'm on 4X pots on my low levels, I never got booted

Evaruss
09-16-2011, 07:04 AM
I know how you feel. I've never been booted till I reached the sewers. It happened twice with inane reasons given and it made me feel awful. So from then on,

1) I always host games or join my friends' or guildmates' games
2) If I'm the host, I say their name, apologize and give the reason so they are able to leave on their own accord

I'll only boot as an absolute last resort. Even when friends ask me to boot, I usually say next run I'll make room for them :) I really don't see why anyone should be made to feel bad to save a few seconds. There is a person behind that char after all.

Fatpigwarrior
09-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Boot levels: Sewer 48-49 Nuri 53-54

CrimsonTider
09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
I know how you feel. I've never been booted till I reached the sewers. It happened twice with inane reasons given and it made me feel awful. So from then on,

1) I always host games or join my friends' or guildmates' games
2) If I'm the host, I say their name, apologize and give the reason so they are able to leave on their own accord

I'll only boot as an absolute last resort. Even when friends ask me to boot, I usually say next run I'll make room for them :) I really don't see why anyone should be made to feel bad to save a few seconds. There is a person behind that char after all.

Sometimes, we have teams that have been farming/leveling for hours and you stop using passwords because you have a set group. It never fails that someone needs to stop and liquidate and doesn't realize this until the game is remade. In that instance, I will boot and give the reason of "full". I am sorry if this makes others upset, but that reason is a legitimate reason. I understand that many abuse the boot button but it was placed there for a reason.

Those that boot with reasons "s" or "." are uncalled for in my opinion as it does not take that long to type in a short reason.

Still haven't figured out why anyone would boot YOU!! lol But I could probably come up with a few... O.O

Boot levels: Sewer 48-49 Nuri 53-54

And why is that? If they meet the level requirements, then they have just as much a right to the levels as you or anyone else do. A lot of players within these levels have skill. I have a 51 bear which I may move to 56 for farming. I dare someone boot me as a 53-54 as I know that bear at 51 is better than MOST bears at 60-61. (And I can say the same for other fellow 51 farming toons as well.) :)

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I kinda agree with fatpigwarrior I only really want prople who are in the recomended lv of the campaign to join my games which in sewers and nuris are lv50 and lv55. Theres a reason it says recomended alot of time especialy in the sewers you get lv48-49 who are just there to get power leveled and they either dont help at all or spend or time on the floor than helping. Just join a map where your suppose to be and you wont get booted.

Vegetaz
09-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I could understand people getting angry from comments like 'random letter' or '?' but you shouldn't get offended if it does just say "full" or "sry".

I have gotten the boot saying "noob" I remember when I went to captive audience as a level 49 for a quest. At first I was like wow but then I was like oh well. *kanye shrug*

Pakax
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Booting can be an option depending on :

- low stats that would drag a group down (particularly if some of you have spent cash on elixir - that you want to capitalise on )
- If it's full or you have friend or guild who wants in.

But I agree that booting without explanation is not a nice thing to do. I always explain if I boot and I often try and avoid. I usually ask first

Imacoolbirdd
09-16-2011, 07:23 PM
the req for sewer is 50+ last time i checked and somtines i boot because they wont do much but i ask first and somtimes i leave them..i was 48 before but i wouldnt go to sewer because ctk is faster and it would be easier.. I also HATTEEE!!! when somone boots u saying "no" what does that even mean i never asked a question...

Eyesharp
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
From past experience of booting like that as I progressed up the levels I realize I was doing the wrong thing so from now on I say sorry or full unlike some people who just do random letters and say noob thinking their so cool because they are a higher level Well think about this all you jerks who do this out there what if you were the low level and kept getting booted???How would you feel??

Mwayneo3
09-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Im getting alot of sorry

Neffy
09-26-2011, 05:15 AM
I was grinding today, got booted by friend with reason "delete, ignore list" I was like wtf? Last time I join a friend's game whom I'm not too familiar with.