PDA

View Full Version : Strongman Glyph Mace set-bonus.

Nightarcher
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Okay, thanks to our good friend Physiologic and the community, we have a list of all the Nuri's Circus Glyph set bonuses. Let's look at them shall we?

Obedience Autobow Set:
+3 Hit, +5 Crit, +1 Dodge, +6 H/s, +9 Damage
Obedience Dagger Set:
+3 Hit, +4 Dodge, +6 H/s, +6 Armor

Charmin' Staff Set:
+2 Hit, +4 Crit, +6 H/s, +8 Damage
Charmin' Wand Set:
+4 Dodge, +6 H/s, +6 Armor

Strongman Battle Sword Set:
+4 Crit +4 H/s, +4 Damage
Strongman Mace Set:
+6 H/s, +6 Armor

--

Now, it kinda looks like STS is favoring Dex gear in terms of bonuses, but that's not the subject. So, most of them have that nice 6 H/s which is good, many have armor/damage which is great, and Dex gear has the hit% which makes sense.

Then we get to the most important stats: Dodge and Crit. Hey look, both Dex and Int stats have several extra points in one or both of those stats, ok that's good. But come to the Str Strongman sets... 4 in the 2h set, but the mace is better than the 2h and nobody ever uses 2h swords anyways. In the Mace/shield set, we have... nothing. It has the regen and damage/armor the other set bonuses have, but no dodge/crit, which are both vital. Some might say, "Meh, it's a few stat points who cares?" Well, since people pay millions extra to use Obedience/Charmin'/Strongman over Mimicry/Nuri's/Big Top, I would say it does matter.

--

SUMMARY: (for people who skim, like me)

The Strongman Glyph Mace-set Bonus needs some Crit or Dodge to match the other sets' bonuses. That's all. :)

Ellyidol
09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Another str supporter, I like :)

Btw the dex bonuses may have some small excess because of the dex added. I posted on Yanis' thread to show, just waiting for him to confirm.

But yes, I agree. Even if we don't get the crit/damage that the dex/int sets get (damage is for them to do apparently), 6 HS and 6 armor is barely anything in terms of a defensive bonus. Heck, the other sets get 6 HS as well. The Wand set bonus is better and more tanky than the str set bonus, LOL.

TANKKAAR
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I totally agree! After much testing in PVP & PVE IMO right now Bigtop with NO bonus is better for Birds and Bears alike!

skavenger216
09-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I totally agree! After much testing in PVP & PVE IMO right now Bigtop with NO bonus is better for Birds and Bears alike!

Agree completely. As it stands now, even with the set bonus, bigtop is superior to strongman, imo.

Moogerfooger
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Btw the dex bonuses may have some small excess because of the dex added. I posted on Yanis' thread to show, just waiting for him to confirm.

The dagger set has the correct bonus, re-confirmed by both Yanis and I. I jacked up the Autobow set bonus the first time I took a crack very late one night but forgot to go back and figure it...it probably does not have +1 dodge, nor the +3 hit, that is probably from the dex. I am guessing that the real un-Mooged-first-attempt is really +4 crit, +6 h/s, and somewhere like 6-8 damage.

Ellyidol
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
The dagger set has the correct bonus, re-confirmed by both Yanis and I. I jacked up the Autobow set bonus the first time I took a crack very late one night but forgot to go back and figure it...it probably does not have +1 dodge, nor the +3 hit, that is probably from the dex. I am guessing that the real un-Mooged-first-attempt is really +4 crit, +6 h/s, and somewhere like 6-8 damage.

Ah. Could not confirm the dagger set, didn't have a spare dagger/wing to count out dex. Heh :)

Yup you're right, The auto-bow set is 4 crit, 6 HS, and 6 damage :)

Nightarcher
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
So, my guess is that the set bonuses are:

4 crit, 6 H/s, 6 damage (2-handed sets)
4 dodge, 6 H/s, 6 armor (1-handed sets)

That would make sense. And the 4 dodge for the Mace set being left out might be a glitch?

Moogerfooger
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
So, my guess is that the set bonuses are:

4 crit, 6 H/s, 6 damage (2-handed sets)
4 dodge, 6 H/s, 6 armor (1-handed sets)

That would make sense. And the 4 dodge for the Mace set being left out might be a glitch?

Yeah, that is entirely possible that it maybe got left out. My bad for the mis-calc on the Autobow set, I had forgotten to go back and fix it/let Yanis know to update.

Nightarcher
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
So we think the Autobow set may be off a little, and I think maybe the Charmin' Staff set could be incorrect too. If so, the Int and Dex set bonuses would follow the pattern I described in post #7, but the Str gear doesn't. The 2h set is missing 2 H/s and damage, and the mace set is missing 4 dodge. Maybe that pattern isn't supposed to be the same for all sets.

We'll know more when the Autobow/Staff sets are confirmed.

Ixillicus
09-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Honestly, from a PVP perspective...

The Strongman set is uber-buff by default. Even if it didn't get a set bonus at all, it would probably still rip the head-off and crap down the neck of the other sets lol

So the bonus while it's not as bonusey as the others, is probably still the best of the sets.

AbsolutePally
09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Honestly, from a PVP perspective...

The Strongman set is uber-buff by default. Even if it didn't get a set bonus at all, it would probably still rip the head-off and crap down the neck of the other sets lol

So the bonus while it's not as bonusey as the others, is probably still the best of the sets.

True. I agree. Str stuff and bears always get jipped. But this time the set is fairly o.p as is. I've 197 armor unbuffed with the set bonus. But I do agree maybe plus 2 crit and or dodge would be ok.
It is really strong so I believe it to be fair and balanced. This is from a str mage str person perspective. I'm sure we will be seeing more mages convert to pallys with this set out now.
Honetly it is great, it does not have the mana reg as Fury nor the hp but that's not as noticable. It is like fury with more armor and way more damage. A good thing for pallys! I can actually throw up impressive kill numbers while tanking for my team and cap too. I'm satisfied. It somehow reminds me of Rift...

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
True. I agree. Str stuff and bears always get jipped. But this time the set is fairly o.p as is. I've 197 armor unbuffed with the set bonus. But I do agree maybe plus 2 crit and or dodge would be ok.
It is really strong so I believe it to be fair and balanced. This is from a str mage str person perspective. I'm sure we will be seeing more mages convert to pallys with this set out now.
Honetly it is great, it does not have the mana reg as Fury nor the hp but that's not as noticable. It is like fury with more armor and way more damage. A good thing for pallys! I can actually throw up impressive kill numbers while tanking for my team and cap too. I'm satisfied. It somehow reminds me of Rift...

Agree, from a mage perspective, this set is highly attractive.

I'd say it's neck to neck between being better for a pally/warbird.

Hmm.. I wonder if str sets were made with pally/warbirds in mind before bears.. Lol.

milikechicken
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Don't Str sets have more defense from ... the gear, not the stat bonus?? instead of looking at the set bonus... Look at the whole set?

AbsolutePally
09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Agree, from a mage perspective, this set is highly attractive.

I'd say it's neck to neck between being better for a pally/warbird.

Hmm.. I wonder if str sets were made with pally/warbirds in mind before bears.. Lol.

I'm in the process of leveling my bear to 60 and buying the mace for big top set. Then I will be able to compare by switching between the two sets in all three classes. Since my bird is already 60. Did try the set before when it was int as a warbird and I failed. Hard to test when I don't have a connection to support me.
I've heard different accounts from people as to which set is better. Ones who have bg say its better ones w sm say its best. I did however find a mage w all sets and he claimed from a pve standpoint SM set is best. But we all know pvers are not to be trusted! U gotta test it in the arena! If if works there it works anywhere!

Nightarcher
09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't Str sets have more defense from ... the gear, not the stat bonus?? instead of looking at the set bonus... Look at the whole set?

While I don't deny that the stats on Strongman gear are godly, I'm talking specifcally about the set bonus because it is one of the main reasons you would use the expensive gear over the Mimicry/Big Top/Nuri gear.

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm in the process of leveling my bear to 60 and buying the mace for big top set. Then I will be able to compare by switching between the two sets in all three classes. Since my bird is already 60. Did try the set before when it was int as a warbird and I failed. Hard to test when I don't have a connection to support me.
I've heard different accounts from people as to which set is better. Ones who have bg say its better ones w sm say its best. I did however find a mage w all sets and he claimed from a pve standpoint SM set is best. But we all know pvers are not to be trusted! U gotta test it in the arena! If if works there it works anywhere!

Oooo, I'd test it again as a warbird now that it's str. All that int into dex will make a huge difference, IMO.

I agree, SM is the better set in PvE, any class. BT is only good for PvP, IMO :)

I'm going to try and setup an alternate SM set, but just on paper alone, I don't know if 15 armor, 16 damage, and 6 HS (SM) is worth 4% Dodge and 12% Hit (BT) in PvP.

Jsaieagle
09-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes, I strongly agree and strongly request dev to make set bonus fair :(

AbsolutePally
09-14-2011, 03:32 PM
My assessment of big top vs strongmans mage vs mage. Me alwaysdtf in big top w half str half int vs jjjlove in strongmans set half str dex.

Love is a better player than myself, I admit.

Its a close match, often times we fight for awhile and I'm very close to beating him but he edges me out. Strongmans set beat big top, my anaylsis is thed extra armor and dmg.