PDA

View Full Version : New Guardians?

Zeus
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
So, I have noticed, are there going to be new Guardians any time soon? I realize you guys have a lot on your plate and that you have been busy with the glitch fiasco. Anyhoo, I just wanted to see what the community's recommendations on the new Guardians.

My personal recommendations? CanonicalKoi, JaytB, and Whoisthis.

Otukura
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
support.spacetimestudios.com

Read the top part :/ Can't say I really agree with that.

Silentarrow
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes there will be new guardians soon! They should be announced early this week, my recommendations, JaytB and Zaltair.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Asking wont rush anything.

Moogerfooger
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
support.spacetimestudios.com

Read the top part :/ Can't say I really agree with that.

Ditto. But on the flip side of that, it is another source of information in kind of a wiki format. It is often difficult for newcomers to find info here on the forum, if you are unfamiliar with the forum.

The 'most answers' part is what I think some have an issue with...quality > quantity, usually.

apocketlegend
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
My recommendation is zalitar.

Lowlyspy
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
man i have such a big list of people i think would make great guardians lol, i guess the top 5 would be Skavenger, Flowman, Bodmaster, Ebalere, and Cascade (in no particular order ;] )

Irulelol
09-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Ive noticed this to. My reccomendation would be just about everyone but me XD i dont do that much to help

Archey
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Yea bod and cas are cool dudes but cas is never on

Orcish
09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
So many to choose from but my top three would be Ebalere, Cascade, and JaytB.

WoundedEagle
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
CanonicalKoi and Zaltiar...

Moogerfooger
09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Royce, Royce and Royce. As in, he needs to come back from the grave.

Paar
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Zaltiar, Jaytb, Ebalere, Skavengr, ...

Nourish
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Definitely me. ;)

Nourish
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry for double post but.. I posted at 9:11 on 9/11 0.o

Zeus
09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
:o. That is creepy. I forgot about the support portal appointing Guardians though. Quite frankly, I disapprove of it. Lol. Dev's should only pick people on their genuine will to help, not based on how many questions they can answer.

Swimmingstar
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Hmmm... I'm not gonna be recommending anyone actually. :)

Darkfader
09-11-2011, 09:20 PM
:o. That is creepy. I forgot about the support portal appointing Guardians though. Quite frankly, I disapprove of it. Lol. Dev's should only pick people on their genuine will to help, not based on how many questions they can answer.

Also after reading support board, makes me smile when see some certain users posting to every question even answer is given. :] obvious is obvious. IMO we would need some active guardians.

Orcish
09-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Exactly

Zeus
09-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Exactly

You agree with me so much you posted twice for emphasis? ;) Just joking bro, I'm guessing it was lag? :D

Kingofhurtz
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I second the vote for Whoisthis and Koi :) (I don't know Jay very well)

Hankomachos
09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Don't we have enough guardians? Excuse me if I sound mean but I'm (mostly) happy with the ones we have. :)
Oh and jaytb would get my vote. :)

Otukura
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Going to add to the support discussion. I think that most of the people who really deserve Guardianship are too self-conscious/modest(word choice?) to post.

Swimmingstar
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Lol lag is like the most popular word now right?

Artemis
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
no offense to guardians, but its just a title and a shield. Dont see why people are obsessed with becoming one.

Otukura
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
no offense to guardians, but its just a title and a shield. Dont see why people are obsessed with becoming one.
They should rename the shield to "Anti-Boot Shield"

SUPAPRODIGY
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Jaytb hardly see him my vote to Zaltiar
:)

Conradin
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM

I see people on the portal doing things and answering ever question to try and become one. Its pathetic really. I try and help out as much as i can, but i try to be sincere and actually help people. Anyways theres many people who deserve it way more than me- but ill pm my suggestions to the devs.

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I see alot of great people as guardians. Tell you the truth guys I am also trying to become one, but the difference with me really Is that I don't really care for the shield or title, there's alot of nice people on this game and quite frankly I love o help others. I mean you guys are all totally right most people just do it for the title and shield, but don't you guys think people should look at the bigger picture; which is being part of this wonderful community and helping others just because you want to? That's one of my favorite things to do on the forums and game is helping new players, I even started a assistance guild. But it's just a title, and it should never be abused. Quite frankly I thin most of you that wrote on this thread deserve a guardian status one way or another :)

Cheers guys,

And I look forward to seeing you ingame. :)

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
This whole trying to become a GoA is kinda sad. I would rather see people for who they really are not who the want to be. If your truly helpful then just be helpful dont do it because you can get a shield or a name. And if your not just play the game and have fun an make friends. This thread Makes me wonder how many people on this fourms are really helpful for the sake of it rather than tryin to be a GoA. Just be who you are(: I wanna know the real you, people not who you wanna be. Its so easy to be someone else over the computer. Im not saying Im GoA material cause really Im not. Maybe cause Im watching Forrest Gump but good things come to really good people xD

Conradin
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
This whole trying to become a GoA is kinda sad. I would rather see people for who they really are not who the want to be. If your truly helpful then just be helpful dont do it because you can get a shield or a name. And if your not just play the game and have fun an make friends. This thread Makes me wonder how many people on this fourms are really helpful for the sake of it rather than tryin to be a GoA. Just be who you are(: I wanna know the real you, people not who you wanna be. Its so easy to be someone else over the computer. Im not saying Im GoA material cause really Im not. Maybe cause Im watching Forrest Gump but good things come to really good people xD

"life is like a box of chocolates..."

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Nicely said, +1 :)

Nightarcher
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
The new portal-guardian thing kind of disappoints me. I mean, of course I would like the recognition and very nice-looking shield that comes with GoA status; I'm human too! But with the promise of a GoA from people doing a specific action (rather than helping the community in general,) many will just focus on being the best or "winning" there, and not bother with the rest, because of course, they only need to answer a bunch of questions.

I haven't done anything to do with the new portal, because I figure, those kinds of people will just answer everything anyways. Which is good, but kind of... I don't know, it's like looking for a shortcut to becoming a GoA. And that doesn't seem worth it to me.

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Very true, again +1. It's better to earn things the right way, instead of going through a easy shortcut.

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Forrest Gump quotes FTW!!!!

LADYHADASSA
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM

I mjst agree with this this means that guardians aee chosen by another popularity rank. Honestley there are so many in game thats assist players all the time in many ways. Well good luck to all :)

Conradin
09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
The new portal-guardian thing kind of disappoints me. I mean, of course I would like the recognition and very nice-looking shield that comes with GoA status; I'm human too! But with the promise of a GoA from people doing a specific action (rather than helping the community in general,) many will just focus on being the best or "winning" there, and not bother with the rest, because of course, they only need to answer a bunch of questions.

I haven't done anything to do with the new portal, because I figure, those kinds of people will just answer everything anyways. Which is good, but kind of... I don't know, it's like looking for a shortcut to becoming a GoA. And that doesn't seem worth it to me.

Well said- "its not getting to the destination that matters, its how you get there" and taking a short-cut doesn't cut it for me. I knew alk the origional guardians long brfore they were guardians, and let me tell you- they weren't perfect (well maybe you were Royce) as some people try to be today to get the shield. But they passionately pkayed and helped the community and a few of them really helped put me on solid ground. Now that being said, two of the most helpful people to me, that took me in, taught me the ropes and befriended me (when i was a total noob) aren't guardians. Actually, they're both banned. So really in my book- theres so many leaders out there who arn't guardians- but i have not disagreed with any of the few picked by sts.

Lowlyspy
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Im glad there are so many people who also think this. Im hoping that the devs go back to the old way of picking GoA's, it was so much fairer and showed that u actually got chosen for helping the community not by how many questions u answered on a portal.

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
I think they should go back to the old way too spy, and spy thanks for the chat ingame it was fun. Well back on topic!

Cascade
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
According to the devs the new guardian(s) should be chosen on Tuesday. My take on the whole thing is they should pick people that help on forums not the support portal.

WoundedEagle
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Siejo should be next Guardian honestly...

Moogerfooger
09-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Siejo should be next Guardian honestly...

There are a ton of people who deserve it...honestly. Some that it's almost criminal that they're not. Honestly.

Wilddar
09-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Cascade, and Siejo have my vote. Same with wounded eagle, oh wait he already is one! Lol. :)

Otukura
09-11-2011, 11:09 PM
According to the devs the new guardian(s) should be chosen on Tuesday. My take on the whole thing is they should pick people that help on forums not the support portal.

In all honesty, I don't even think they should do that(with a few exceptions), there are so many only in game people who deserve it.

WoundedEagle
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
In all honesty, I don't even think they should do that(with a few exceptions), there are so many only in game people who deserve it.
Agreed, I think, correct me if I am wrong, not all work is seen. My reports weren't seen, but hey. It is all the devs choice, not a add up on a support portal. If it was really based on the portal, I could got create a k
New account in PL and a new forums account and answer all the question ever posted. What would be the point? Just to show the portal isn't the answer....

Cascade
09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah i think there needs to be a way to track players helping activity...

SUPAPRODIGY
09-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah i think there needs to be a way to track players helping activity...

Agree :) voted by people like maybe and election :) but the people running dont know about it.

Lowlyspy
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Agree :) voted by people like maybe and election :) but the people running dont know about it.
Something like that would be bound to turn into a popularity contest

davidis57
09-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I have taken a long break from both games but if I had my choice it would be Jaytb. I would never want to be a guardian simply because some questions are stupid. I don't like answering stupid questions or obvious.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-22

Kakatoa91
09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Hope it will not be just a random q&a guardian, but someone who just deserve it.

I suppose theyll check also on what avatar, chat history log or forum history if they have some.

I dun c sts doin a half job and give it to someone who is a scammer, low lvl5, bad temper,...

Redbridge
09-12-2011, 02:19 AM
From what i have seen in the past, Guardians have been picked for a whole host of reasons, but there has always been the underlying criteria.

Regarding the support portal, I'm not entirely convinced BUT you need to take a look at the answers (which I'm sure STS have already done). From the sound if it, there are plenty of people who are just repeating the same answers which already exist... Not very guardian-like if you ask me. A true guardian would only add additional info if it was needed and, in a clear, informative format, maybe even making references to additional help.

STS arent stupid, it is very very obvious when people are trying for a GoA or Star Guard award without adding any 'meat to the bones'. It simply won't wash if every single answer a potential guardian posts isn't perfectly helpful, adds to the existing answers and of course backed up by a very thorough check of lots of in game chat logs to confirm the behaviour on the support portal is just an extension of how they consistantly act in game.

I haven't looked at the support portal since the day the announcement came out so I have no idea who's posted but I'll repeat what I said many times previously.

It's not WHAT you do, but the WAY you do it.... quality not quantity...

I trust STS to filter on the quantity/quality.... My 2pence.

pastrychef
09-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I think Gluttony deserves consideration.

RedRyder
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Jaytb (ikungfu.) oh the backlash the new support portal guardians are going to receive lol.

Orcish
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Oh my I forgot Gluttony for some reason I was thinking he was already a GoA. All the players above would make excellent GoA's IMO.

Physiologic
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
End the program!

RedRyder
09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
End the program!

+1638396729

Cascade
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Voting would be become a popularity contest with people asking all their friends to make an account and vote for them :P

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes there will be new guardians soon! They should be announced early this week, my recommendations, JaytB and Zaltair.

My app doesn't show who senior, junior or who is GoA. I am stunned, I thought all this time, JaytB was GoA. I know that we don't necessarily agree on every issue that has come up. But, I think he should be next GoA cuz of his always trying to help people. That guide he just wrote was excellent. As well as the maps that another player posted. Not only was the content excellent, it was the timing of the posts that made them so bee-u-tee-ful. I was amazed at how fast each member was able to write/develope and post.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I trust STS to filter on the quantity/quality.... My 2pence.

I agree.

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I haven't been able to find anywhere where the devs have said that whoever answers "the most questions" will become the next GoA. I don't believe the devs have ever said that. If so, I would appreciate a link.

This is becoming like that Vinnie the Vendor rumor.

In the first post, when the announcement was made, it says: "Some of you know the GoA program...... We also have a rockin' new Support Portal........ For our next selection of players, we will in part, be evaluating activities on the portal".

I saw another post from a dev that said that the person who "helps the most" on the portal will be the next GoA. Never said, the person who "answers the most questions", will be the next one.

Cascade
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Please use the edit button aikiebo. Thanks :)

Aikiebo
09-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Please use the edit button aikiebo. Thanks :)

Done!

thugimmortal
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I haven't been able to find anywhere where the devs have said that whoever answers "the most questions" will become the next GoA. I don't believe the devs have ever said that. If so, I would appreciate a link.

This is becoming like that Vinnie the Vendor rumor.

In the first post, when the announcement was made, it says: "Some of you know the GoA program...... We also have a rockin' new Support Portal........ For our next selection of players, we will in part, be evaluating activities on the portal".

I saw another post from a dev that said that the person who "helps the most" on the portal will be the next GoA. Never said, the person who "answers the most questions", will be the next one.

It said WHO contributes the most

Zerious
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM

Lol ironically placed above the "I've been BANNED, help!" link.

I say JaytB because I'm the flame to his water... don't take that the wrong way... Just means I deal with people who give him a hard time being stupid... There are such things as stupid questions. I'm like a friggin PL lawyer, i swear...

Rolocoaster
09-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I also suggest Jaytb

Register
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Aikiebo;413884]I am stunned, I thought all this time, JaytB was GoA. QUOTE]

Thats becayuse hes so awesome :D

Redbridge
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Here's hoping they meant quality not quantity....

Lowlyspy
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
That^ right there is what im talkin about, that is basically saying "hey if you answer the most questions, we'll give you a fancy shield and title". Like Redbridge said, hopefully they are picking quality over quantity. I dont really see what the whole point of the support portal is. If you have a question you can post it on the forums and it will most likely get answered and if it's something that players of the game cant answer you can email or pm the devs asking them and they will definitely have an answer for you.

Cascade
09-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm sure the devs will use their heads on this one...At least i hope they do! xD

Silentarrow
09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm sure the devs will use their heads on this one...At least i hope they do! xD

We'll figure out tommorow! I assume there will be two GOA's and 3-4 Star Guards :).

Cascade
09-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I wonder what the difference between a Star Guard and a Guardian Of Alterra is? Same thing just one helped in SL and one helped in PL?

Kossi
09-12-2011, 06:58 PM
my recommendation is me

cus im a ******* beast

Zeusofire
09-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Samhayne: *bonk* *bonk* *bonk*
Justg: "try banging you head harder" :P
Asommers: "ya maybe then he'll throw out that stupid hammer!"
Samhayne: *bonk* *bonk* *bonk*

Solvok
09-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I nominate myself to become a guardian, for I am a boss.

Cytokinesis
09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I nominate myself to become a guardian, for I am a boss.
-.-

WoundedEagle
09-13-2011, 06:01 AM
-.-
Yes.

apocketlegend
09-13-2011, 06:46 AM
my recommendation is me

cus im a ******* beast

Lol Kossi....

starfletcher
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Good Useful Thread hope i can make it soon.

Whirlzap
06-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Bad unuseful necro, hope you won't necro more soon.

grenadiers
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Bad unuseful necro, hope you won't necro more soon.that's his 4th thread so far...

Jcyee
06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
epic bump...

Elyseon
06-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Good Useful Thread hope i can make it soon.
I'll have to disagree on this one

Otukura
06-03-2012, 01:34 PM

^that one is a must tho. Only breaks rules twice an hour, not three times.

Elyseon
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM

^that one is a must tho. Only breaks rules twice an hour, not three times.
Are you saying you want

Elyseon
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Me to double post?

Everyone'sFavMage
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Cuz

Everyone'sFavMage
06-03-2012, 07:21 PM
He will...

PL_Keaton96
06-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Flowman, Lowlyspy, Zaltair. My top 3

Mothwing
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Flowman, Lowlyspy, Zaltair. My top 3

Zaltiar is already a Star Guard and i'm pretty sure he's inactive on PL.

Swimmingstar
06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
that's his 4th thread so far...

I think the record is about 100.

Elyseon
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
that's his 4th thread so far...

I think the record is about 100.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513/ThePhantomCow/f0344130.jpg