PDA

View Full Version : New, What should I do?

Shoku
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm an enchantress wondering what skills and stats to put up.
I've checked other threads.
I currently put almost all into int right now and I'm level 6. I have level 2 heal, 1 of the ice skill, 2 of the lightning skill.
What weapons/armors should I be looking to get?
Also, Mana is a problem. I can't afford potions, is there a good way to getting money?

FluffNStuff
06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
1) Anything at this point, respecs are cheap, and my guess is you will want to respec at the top level. Put into to different skills to get an idea of what you like and you don't
2) Equipment: Since you move through lower levels quickly, I wouldn't worry about equipment. Use what ever you find, and if you aren't getting enough level specific equipment, you can purchase it from a NPC. Once you hit thirty purple and pink equipment (items with multiple benefits) start to become more prevalent and you should look for those.
3) Mana is always gonna be a problem for early mages. The most important thing here is to buy the 100 pack from the seller in town for 1500. It seems like a lot, but you will burn em. Just remember to liquidate any lower or non class based equipment.
4) Stick to groups and you should do fine. Worrying about the right skills or equipment before 30 is just not worth it.

ps I just want to make sure you have / know you need to purchase the dungeon packs to proceed. My tip here would be to buy as many as you can in the bundle (Think it is up to 35 now)

King Richie
06-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Well its always a good bet to just go straight Enchaantress by Puting points into INT and into certain Aggressive skills like lightning ... firestorm ... Icestorm ( only needs one point in it ) and then heal and The Blessings !!

Then if you want to later on in the game you can always Respec !!

To get money You just want to get a good group of players together and Farm bosses for items to sell !!

Shoku
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
1. What is a respec? How much does it cost?
2. I can't even get more than 400 gold. I have to spend it on the 5 pack in the store because I have no mana left.
3. Which boss should I fight?
4. I will purchase the dungeons later on.

King Richie
06-23-2010, 03:03 PM
2. I can't even get more than 400 gold. I have to spend it on the 5 pack in the store because I have no mana left.

A respec is where You remove all of your Attribute points and Skill points so you can distribute them again !! It costs 5 Platinum For one Or 10 Platinum for 5

Dont buy the 5 packs as these drain your gold !! just leech ( leech is when you take no part in a battle but stand close enough to gain xp ) Xp off people when you dont have mana untill some pots are dropped from the tresure chests

Well the last dungeon on every map is a boss heavy mini dungeon !!

Yeah buy the dungeons as you can only get to level 13 with the free dungeon !!

Cascade
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
1. A respec is used to reset your skills to 0 with all the points that you have earned.
3. Just keep fighting the regular mobs and bosses and lvl up to 13.

ATTENTION!: I want to clear this up in case you don't know yet. When you get to lvl 13 you will NOT be able to get any more experience UNLESS you buy the next map pack. You might as well buy all the map packs while they are on sale they are all awesome. And have a great time playing PL. Add me in-game platinumarrow

FluffNStuff
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM

1) If you get the 5 pack, respecs cost like 80 cents a piece. What that does is reset your skills and attributes back to zero so you can change them. This is something you would do at higher level, but think of it as insurance. You can't mess up your character by putting into the wrong skill or attribute because you can change it later on.
2) If you go into town, and talk to the in game mage at the far right, she will sell you potions for less then it cost to purchase them from the menu store. You should only use the menu store if you get desperate in a dungeon, and even then only later in the game. For now, stick with the in town mage.
2a) If you are truly that low on cash, keep running the first level or two without using spells to build some up.
3) He was referring to much later in the game, when you are higher level. For now just get with a good group and get money that way.

Shoku
06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Alright, thanks guys.
And yea, I know abotu buying dungeons to get past level 13.
Heh. Leeching sounds mean. but I guess I will. I'll just fight anytime possible untill I am able to get the 100 pack.

King Richie
06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
No problem dude .. Have fun !!

vulgarstrike
06-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Leeching is cool, as long as you're not leeching off of farmers. Thats just filthy. Feel free to leech off of same level XP hoarders though.

Also, once you get past Level 13, you'll find some pinks you can sell and your cash will smile.

smokester
06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
add me smokester.... ill help you lvl and give u any items i get to sell for money or for u to use...

Shoku
06-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Very generous of you smokester =]
Very nice community. xD

Cascade
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Ill give you some pinks to sell shoku also add my other character he's around your lvl he's called GoldenBowBear

RPG_ash
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
new player here too. good tips, thanks :]