PDA

View Full Version : Toggling Door/Equipment Status Pop-Ups

Ephemeris
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
While certainly not a show stopper, I have one minor suggestion with regards to the pop-ups that are displayed when you engage things like doors and equipment (e.g., power supplies, ventilation units, etc.) after another player has beaten you to it: Allow players to be able to toggle whether or not the full-screen pop-ups are displayed. Alternatively, perhaps a "positive"/"affirmative" noise could be played in lieu of these pop-ups? I can think of a number of instances where engaging the said equipment either: A) triggers immediate mob spawns, or B) opens an area where mobs are waiting to attack. This may be nothing more than an small inconvenience for most of the player base, but -- speaking for myself, at least -- it also may serve as a liability if you are trying to maintain perfect or near perfect K/D numbers. Likewise, after the initial equipment engagement, the same threat exists while fighting mobs in the immediate proximity of the engaged equipment (e.g., you inadvertently click a power supply instead of a skill due to their on-screen proximity to each other resulting in the said pop-up). Just food for thought. :-)

Kind Regards,
-E