PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect/Crash when joining games and going through portals

Doubletime
09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I believe that this has been mentioned prior to the last patch. There is a problem with disconnects when making games, joining games, and going through portals at the end of levels in the Nuri campaign. It is happening probably once or twice an hour of gaming. And it is not unusual for it to happen to multiple people in the party at the same time.

When I mentioned it to Thade in Chatbox following the last patch, he said that the devs were aware of the issue and had tweeked a couple things that would hopefully fix the issue. He also asked for me to let the devs know if it was still happening.

It is still happening. :)

I believe we are all on iOS devices. I have not yet had it happen on the android phone. If any android user is experiencing this, you may want to post as well to let them know.

Thanks...DT

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
+1 here.

Just a few observations though. It seems to happen more frequently on my iPad 2, wifi. Haven't really experienced it on my iPhone 4. Maybe it has something to do with extended playing time, since I can go for hours on iPad but an hour at a time max on phone. 3G on phone versus wifi on iPad as well, if that's relevant.

Frequency is similar. 1-2 times per hour on iPad.

drewcapu
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't had the crashing happen on Android app.

I've had it happen on iOS app upon initial launch as well as via joining instance processing. But it's possible that I actually had the app minimized when it crashed "upon initial launch".

Sounds like a memory leak?

Glitchhacker
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
How to fix this :
Delete all ur multitasking apps
Clear Cache
Then stand behind the wireless
And your welcome!
-Johnaudi

Doubletime
09-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I haven't had the crashing happen on Android app.

I've had it happen on iOS app upon initial launch as well as via joining instance processing. But it's possible that I actually had the app minimized when it crashed "upon initial launch".

Sounds like a memory leak?

Drew - Thade said in Chatbox that he thought it was a memory leak. Doesn't mean much to me...hehe. But sounds like it does to you. Something about long playing sessions and the device. But it has only started happening in the Nuri campaign with the guys I play with anyway. And all of my play sessions are typically long. :)

asommers
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM
This should be fixed with tomorrow's content update.

-ALS

Doubletime
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Cloakker
09-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I believe that this has been mentioned prior to the last patch. There is a problem with disconnects when making games, joining games, and going through portals at the end of levels in the Nuri campaign. It is happening probably once or twice an hour of gaming. And it is not unusual for it to happen to multiple people in the party at the same time.

When I mentioned it to Thade in Chatbox following the last patch, he said that the devs were aware of the issue and had tweeked a couple things that would hopefully fix the issue. He also asked for me to let the devs know if it was still happening.

It is still happening. :)

I believe we are all on iOS devices. I have not yet had it happen on the android phone. If any android user is experiencing this, you may want to post as well to let them know.

Thanks...DTAlso when i go on my bird and i try to go to town or join a game it literally kicks me out of the app and i deleted the app and downloaded a new one but it still happens and its only my bird....

asommers
09-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Also when i go on my bird and i try to go to town or join a game it literally kicks me out of the app and i deleted the app and downloaded a new one but it still happens and its only my bird....

That doesn't sound like the same issue. I'll take a look at the reported iTunes crash logs and see if there's anything useful in there.

-ALS

Doubletime
09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
This should be fixed with tomorrow's content update.

-ALS

Asommers -- the crash/dc bug started happening again today after I had been playing several hours. Once it started I crashed three times within 30 minutes. In the 2-3 hours before that I didn't crash at all. So it could be that there is still some issue for long play sessions. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

DT