PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on Future updates: fantastic or fail?

tjornan
06-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey all, just saying if know one responds to this ill sick gwend on em..... hehehehe

I know everyone is psyched up for the new alien oasis part 2. but we really need to take a look at the praticality of these things. Ive set up a few questions. i asked myself will this be fantastic (lives up to all the standards.) or fail (self explanitory) or in between meaning its just ok. Some of these planned updates im reviewing might not be in part 2. I am aware that this could go in suggestions and feedback, but seeing as im asking for your opinions, and i want more people to see this. But Devs, if u think this thread belongs in suggestions and feedback, go ahead and delete it. Its ok i copied and pasted it into word so its there. I realize that the devs have a lot of stuff to deal with, im just putting this here for the opinion of the community. I love Obs idea about betting on PvP heres the link.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3659-Staking-and-1v1-pvp.

IM not suggesting anything, just putting the suggestions of all the people who suggested stuff in a nutshell. Feel free to move this is into the category you wish devs

1. Pets- To be honest, i cant really review this, seeing as we have so little knowledge pertaining to the subject, but anyway. I think pets will be average. I think the pros are that it adds a little customization to the game, and maybe some balance. I would love for pets to have lvls, and to be difficult to lvl, seeing as alot of people will get a little tired with farming in Part 2. I think that having a death to kill pet ratio would be nice. Maybe pet fighting. I like the idea of having not just 3 pets, but a whole range of them. The cons.... Kinda like PvP. It was extremely anticipated, and look what happened to it.

2. Customization- I believe- Fantastic. I know the Devs have been thinking hard about this kinda stuff, and i am very excited for it. I know that PL is an mobile app, and it cant have as much customization as the computer MMOs but i think that will be changed. Basically every single paladin in the game has a thoth set. I would appreciate there being different looking armors, seeing as all the mage armour looks the same. There is a thread in suggestions and feedback about how you would get extra stats if you wore a set of items. (Forgot who posted that thread, sorry).

3 Auction Houses- My opinion. Fail. I see this as being a PvP fail type thing. I, being a member of the avengers, know I can count on my guildies to get me a discounted price on whatever item i need, if not free. I believe the auction houses will be useful, just not up to everyones standards. I can imagine the scenario of 2 people who want an item really bad. They exchange prices at the auction house, and...... 1 person ends up paying too much for an item they could have farmed.

4. Dungeons- In between- I like Alien Oasis' dungeon. it adds the challenge of harder bosses into the equation. But one thing I dont like is the amount of pinks dropped. Too many. I liked the Ancient Swamps, when owning a Copperheads Voodoo Doll made me special. Now, eveyone owns at least 1 thoth item. Maybe a little more common than swamp, but less than AO. Now, as for elite dungeons, i love this idea. I think it would propose a challenge. I think it would be fun to gather (then to be a group of 45's) to fight the bosses there. I couldnt agree more with this idea. I am loving the idea of having obstacles that hurt you. like pendulums or pits or something like that

5. Achievments and Leaderboards- I think fantastic. I would love to see a most kills or deaths category. or richest. or most pvp wins. or possibly pet kill/death thing. Now that would be cool. It would help everyone because of the fact that it gets recognition out there. We maybe shud even have Fame Points.

6. Guilds- official guilds would be awesome. Fantastic. I have had people come up to me and say (these r newbies of course) "Hey im in the avengers, may i have a pink bow for free?" Im never sure if theyre in or not, so this would be great. u could see if theyre in the guild or not. Plus guild fights? Epic. look how the one kingrichie hosted turned out. Congrats King. Maybe the one Con is that unfortunately lots of new people could randomly join a guild and then ask for free stuff. This could either be solved by A. restricting access to guilds till a certain level so we know they will actually play the game or B. It is at the discrition of the guilds as to who they let join.

7. Skills- Fantastic- I know the devs havent really discussed a skill tree, but i love one. that way there is more balance. like fire storm for mage turns into magma blast. or the snow blast turns into icicle stab or somehing like that. I would definetly enjoy this.

Well heres an end to a long thread. I believe the devs work harder here than any other MMO. We love you devs. and if you notice something i have not addressed i will put it in pronto.

flaimdude
06-23-2010, 03:03 PM
First off, bravo, excellent post. :) Second, I agree with you on pretty much everything, and I'd like to point out that pets/achievements/leaderboards/elite dungeons can be more like end-game content, which a lot of people have said PL needs. And along with the guilds thing, if you had a guild tag by your name, it'd be a lot easier to tell who's in what guilds. :) However, I'm not sure if PL needs a skill tree. I mean, I like how you learn a skill every two levels, and how you can level up the skills, but instead of a skill tree, maybe they could kindof pull a *cough* and have the skills 'evolve' when you get to a certain level. Like, let's say you're an ench and when you get to level 10, you have the option to evolve your healing skill (from lvl 1), which would add some benefits onto it (like mana regen, or H/s, or something like that), or you could keep it as basic restore and have that basic restore be more powerful.

Cascade
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
One of your first meaningful posts hurrah! And the auction houses are not a fail we need these to help boost the economy. The AH might not be great at first but every great economy has to start somewhere. :D

tjornan
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
One of your first meaningful posts hurrah! booyah

And the auction houses are not a fail we need these to help boost the economy. The AH might not be great at first but every great economy has to start somewhere.
I agree with this but what i meant was that people expect too much out of it. Im sure it will become a very useful tool

vulgarstrike
06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I think with longer waiting we constantly want more more more and more, and so everything fails to meet our expectations.

You would think:

6 of the best developers around have come together to create an ingenious game emerging from nothingness to conquer the realm of RPGs and online gaming in small Apple format. Each new map after map brings excitement and cheers. Each update shines above the last.

Instead, think of this. There are 6 lonely developers working on a no-name project, which no one actually cares about. You're lucky they even update this game.

All of a sudden, you will be a lot more satisfied with what you get. :D

Celest
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Pterodactyl

Staffed
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
vulgerstrike i agree people expect a little to much lately.

Banned
06-23-2010, 04:51 PM
vulgerstrike i agree people expect a little to much lately.

Yep. I don't think people realize that this game isn't being funded by some big name company. It's six guys trying to do the best they can to please us. Sure, I'd be pretty pissed if they weren't making an attempt to even do these updates, but atleast we know that all this awesome stuff will hit the PL world eventually.

Cascade
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah and hopefully they will have more people on their staff sometime and they will be able to do updates faster :D

tjornan
06-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Ya i hope they start hiring people (winks at assommer and futumsh) and btw flaimer.... Thats really what i meant! I couldnt really put it into words at the time tho

bmc85uk
06-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I think that on the whole the community is content, certainly from what I see on the forums, a lot of posts will say at some point 'all things aside, good work spacetime'.

The development team have given us a lot to look forward to, I think the auction house will be a worthy addition, people need to be able to leave items up for sale in a section rather than spam a generic 'pinks for sale', you're bound to get things on there for silly prices that never get bought but it's the same with all auction houses in games.

As for the skill system, I think it needs a little attention, if the game is mapped loosely to level 100 then there will have to be changes as level 5 skills will become obsolete, I think that just 12 per character may be a little limited having the same skills from 25 to 100 as well.

To add to that, a hybrids skills are just as powerful, I can't comment on all combinations, but a paladin pays little price for trading int for str, they are more defensive, better attack, more mana regen (granted due to gear) and still have at least 75% of the potential max mana pool, which is insignificant due to regen and potions.

My only real gripe with pvp so far is that it's all over too quick, anarchy online had this problem so they halved pvp damage (heals and regen also I think) allowing more time for strategy to play its part.

All of that aside, it's a work in progress where the powers that be listen to the community, as far as I'm concerned, it's a winner.

WILDEST
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey all, just saying if know one responds to this ill sick gwend on em..... hehehehe

I know everyone is psyched up for the new alien oasis part 2. but we really need to take a look at the praticality of these things. Ive set up a few questions. i asked myself will this be fantastic (lives up to all the standards.) or fail (self explanitory) or in between meaning its just ok. Some of these planned updates im reviewing might not be in part 2. I am aware that this could go in suggestions and feedback, but seeing as im asking for your opinions, and i want more people to see this. But Devs, if u think this thread belongs in suggestions and feedback, go ahead and delete it. Its ok i copied and pasted it into word so its there. I realize that the devs have a lot of stuff to deal with, im just putting this here for the opinion of the community. I love Obs idea about betting on PvP heres the link.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3659-Staking-and-1v1-pvp.

IM not suggesting anything, just putting the suggestions of all the people who suggested stuff in a nutshell. Feel free to move this is into the category you wish devs

1. Pets- To be honest, i cant really review this, seeing as we have so little knowledge pertaining to the subject, but anyway. I think pets will be average. I think the pros are that it adds a little customization to the game, and maybe some balance. I would love for pets to have lvls, and to be difficult to lvl, seeing as alot of people will get a little tired with farming in Part 2. I think that having a death to kill pet ratio would be nice. Maybe pet fighting. I like the idea of having not just 3 pets, but a whole range of them. The cons.... Kinda like PvP. It was extremely anticipated, and look what happened to it.

2. Customization- I believe- Fantastic. I know the Devs have been thinking hard about this kinda stuff, and i am very excited for it. I know that PL is an mobile app, and it cant have as much customization as the computer MMOs but i think that will be changed. Basically every single paladin in the game has a thoth set. I would appreciate there being different looking armors, seeing as all the mage armour looks the same. There is a thread in suggestions and feedback about how you would get extra stats if you wore a set of items. (Forgot who posted that thread, sorry).

3 Auction Houses- My opinion. Fail. I see this as being a PvP fail type thing. I, being a member of the avengers, know I can count on my guildies to get me a discounted price on whatever item i need, if not free. I believe the auction houses will be useful, just not up to everyones standards. I can imagine the scenario of 2 people who want an item really bad. They exchange prices at the auction house, and...... 1 person ends up paying too much for an item they could have farmed.

4. Dungeons- In between- I like Alien Oasis' dungeon. it adds the challenge of harder bosses into the equation. But one thing I dont like is the amount of pinks dropped. Too many. I liked the Ancient Swamps, when owning a Copperheads Voodoo Doll made me special. Now, eveyone owns at least 1 thoth item. Maybe a little more common than swamp, but less than AO. Now, as for elite dungeons, i love this idea. I think it would propose a challenge. I think it would be fun to gather (then to be a group of 45's) to fight the bosses there. I couldnt agree more with this idea. I am loving the idea of having obstacles that hurt you. like pendulums or pits or something like that

5. Achievments and Leaderboards- I think fantastic. I would love to see a most kills or deaths category. or richest. or most pvp wins. or possibly pet kill/death thing. Now that would be cool. It would help everyone because of the fact that it gets recognition out there. We maybe shud even have Fame Points.

6. Guilds- official guilds would be awesome. Fantastic. I have had people come up to me and say (these r newbies of course) "Hey im in the avengers, may i have a pink bow for free?" Im never sure if theyre in or not, so this would be great. u could see if theyre in the guild or not. Plus guild fights? Epic. look how the one kingrichie hosted turned out. Congrats King. Maybe the one Con is that unfortunately lots of new people could randomly join a guild and then ask for free stuff. This could either be solved by A. restricting access to guilds till a certain level so we know they will actually play the game or B. It is at the discrition of the guilds as to who they let join.

7. Skills- Fantastic- I know the devs havent really discussed a skill tree, but i love one. that way there is more balance. like fire storm for mage turns into magma blast. or the snow blast turns into icicle stab or somehing like that. I would definetly enjoy this.

Well heres an end to a long thread. I believe the devs work harder here than any other MMO. We love you devs. and if you notice something i have not addressed i will put it in pronto.

i agree with everything besides tradeing post...repetitive fighting without reward gets old but people will always have something to sell and people will always be looking to buy.

vulgarstrike
06-23-2010, 10:55 PM
way to quote a block of text

WILDEST
06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
i like to keep things fresh!