PDA

View Full Version : Character level rollbacks coming...

asommers
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
On Thursday, we introduced a new system that stacked armor, damage, experience, loot reroll chance, and speed modifiers. As some of you know, there was an error which allowed certain experience multipliers to be stacked on death which allowed some users to quickly gain experience.

The main point of Saturday's downtime was to quickly identify the blatant offenders and get the service up and running as soon as possible. Now that we have more time to investigate, we were able to find users that were rolled back that shouldn't have been, as well as users that should have been rolled back but weren't.

Over the next couple of days, we plan on addressing the issue as follows:

If you were affected by the rollback but did not purchase the broken elixir your level will be set back to what it was prior to the rollback.
If you purchased the broken elixir between Thursday and Saturday and gained 'extra' experience, your level will be set to what it was prior to the initial elixir purchase with 0% towards the next level.
We will change the stacking rules so you will receive the maximum bonus of any single elixir. If you have a 4x damage elixir and you pick up a 2x damage orb, you'll get the benefit of 4x, not 8x (double the 4x).

The next content update for Pocket Legends should also address users that have overspent their attributes and skills, as well as inappropriately equipped items.

-ALS

ProSophist
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't play PL anymore but this is huge considering how many people seemed to have abused the exploit.

Props to the Devs for figuring this one out!

Rolocoaster
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
If you purchased the broken elixir between Thursday and Saturday and gained 'extra' experience, your level will be set to what it was prior to the initial elixir purchase with 0% towards the next level.

-ALS
So if im to understand this correctly the players will be put back to their original level prior to the glitch with 0 % into the next level? What is the plan to accomodate those who spent plat to buy elixirs to get to where they were into the next level prior to the glitch ? Will that plat be credited back into the players account?

Doubletime
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up Asommers. I know a lot of people have been wondering about this. Thanks for letting us know what what going on.

Zerious
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
good thing I wasn't around XD I'd proly fuss about some twink i decided to make >.> at least it wasn't a surprise

Ebalere
09-12-2011, 05:18 PM
So, say someone was level 60 with like 70k exp towards 61, and used the bug either by accident or on purpose, will they get rolled back to 60 with no xp towards 61?

I laugh at certain people trying to say they earned their 61 legitimately after the initial fix and end up back at 60. You knowwww who you arrreee ;D

Cascade
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Cool thanks devs...And im sorry used the bug there is no excuse i used it fair and square and im guilty.

Zeus
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I just wanted to give you a heads up, with my character Bodyguardz. You rolled him back, but only partially. He was 61, but now 57. Before this incident he was 56 with about 3k~ xp.

mattkamp
09-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Does this mean we could potentially be rolledback again? Even after gaining another 3k exp since the original fix!

Cascade
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh, that reminds me i noticed that my bear funkymonk is now lvl 51 when he should be lvl 50.

Breadkeeper
09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Does this mean we could potentially be rolledback again? Even after gaining another 3k exp since the original fix!

Thats an interesting thought, will people who were rolled back, and have now grinded again have a chance at being rolled back again? Suxtobethem?

Lowlyspy
09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Thank you for keeping us in the loop Mr.Sommers, well done. (official sounding voice)

Gluttony
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
We will change the stacking rules so you will receive the maximum bonus of any single elixir. If you have a 4x damage elixir and you pick up a 2x damage orb, you'll get the benefit of 4x, not 8x (double the 4x).

I know that most are concerned with the possible rollback of their char, bit I'm more concerned with this statement; there is a 4x damage elix? Wasn't there a huge discussion about how the 4x combo only actually added 4x xp while the other elixirs only added the "maximum" multipliers (3x damage, 3x armor)? I thought to address this issue the description was changed to make it more obvious to the player of what they were actually buying, am I missing something?!

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Although this doesn't affect my main in any way, I have the same question as Ebalere and a tad concerned for my guildmates or friends.

What about those that were 90k into 61, stumbled unto the bug, intentionally or not, but just gained that 10k XP in a few minutes versus a few hours left, will they lose the entire 90k?

Yvonnel
09-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Hmmm.....

I don't think I experienced the glitch. Don't recall any major jumps in xp. I did however use a ton of elixirs during that period. My question is was it obvious when you experienced the glitch, I mean was it something that I could have overlooked.

I would really hate to lose the xp I gained. Heck I was kinda ticked off Saturday morning when I found out that I couldn't play because someone found and exploited some type of glitch causing the devs to shut down the servers.

Wilddar
09-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't use the elixirs, so no rollback for me I guess. :) Good on you devs! :)

apocketlegend
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Woo can you tell us what the glitch was and how people used it?

Singleteddy
09-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Woo can you tell us what the glitch was and how people used it? I didn't know until now, but asommers explained how to glitch and what it did in the first post in this thread.

lethalchick
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Hmmm.....

I don't think I experienced the glitch. Don't recall any major jumps in xp. I did however use a ton of elixirs during that period. My question is was it obvious when you experienced the glitch, I mean was it something that I could have overlooked.

I would really hate to lose the xp I gained. Heck I was kinda ticked off Saturday morning when I found out that I couldn't play because someone found and exploited some type of glitch causing the devs to shut down the servers.

You'll know if the glitch happened, you be leveling up every few kills.

Bwahahagirl
09-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I assume servers will have to go down while you so the rollbacks?

razerfingers
09-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I wanna be rolled back haha well keep my stat pointz though lmao it would be sweet

asommers
09-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I know that most are concerned with the possible rollback of their char, bit I'm more concerned with this statement; there is a 4x damage elix? Wasn't there a huge discussion about how the 4x combo only actually added 4x xp while the other elixirs only added the "maximum" multipliers (3x damage, 3x armor)? I thought to address this issue the description was changed to make it more obvious to the player of what they were actually buying, am I missing something?!

Sorry, I used 4x and damage as an example. The point is, the modifiers will no longer stack by multiplying, we will use the largest one you have on you.

-ALS

asommers
09-12-2011, 10:05 PM
So if im to understand this correctly the players will be put back to their original level prior to the glitch with 0 % into the next level? What is the plan to accomodate those who spent plat to buy elixirs to get to where they were into the next level prior to the glitch ? Will that plat be credited back into the players account?

Although this doesn't affect my main in any way, I have the same question as Ebalere and a tad concerned for my guildmates or friends.

What about those that were 90k into 61, stumbled unto the bug, intentionally or not, but just gained that 10k XP in a few minutes versus a few hours left, will they lose the entire 90k?

Currently, yes. Unfortunately, we can't log everything, and with what we do log, we can't tell intent, so there is missing data (such as how much XP you had last Thursday at 2pm). You can always appeal to Customer Service if you feel you were wronged, but if your platinum log shows you've never purchased a 3x 5m elixir until after the exploit went live, it more than likely won't change.

-ALS

Sassinya
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks! Appreciate what you guys do to make these communities so awesome! Grateful that unlike other mmorpgs development teams when glitch occurs and is abused, roll back everyone and ban abusers. I certainly wouldn't like that I would lose even though I just bought the one elixir.

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Currently, yes. Unfortunately, we can't log everything, and with what we do log, we can't tell intent, so there is missing data (such as how much XP you had last Thursday at 2pm). You can always appeal to Customer Service if you feel you were wronged, but if your platinum log shows you've never purchased a 3x 5m elixir until after the exploit went live, it more than likely won't change.

-ALS

I see. As always, thanks for the update. I hope these rollbacks won't cause as much drama as the glitch itself.

Thanks again!

Imacoolbirdd
09-12-2011, 10:29 PM
So if i lvled up after the xp thingy i will go back to 55? :(

SUPAPRODIGY
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Some how alot of people got rolled back to 57 please help?

Orcish
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Can those of us that didn't use the exploit get one freebie level? I tried lol. ;p

CodyBearr
09-12-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been rolled back to 58 three times, zero XP, skill & stat points all reset... Then I'd enter town to die naked -__- wrote support about that and a few other things with no reply... I get you are super busy so I wait but seems forums gets you the quickest reply

Would love my 1mil & 5 plat back for glitch day

Cobraguy
09-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I see the way it gets rolled back to the previous level and 0 xp as kind of a punishment for using the glitch...better than being banned though. Some will be punished more than others in the fact that the lv60 players who had a lot of xp already towards 61 will have to go back to 0xp. Alot of real money spent for those thousands of xp im sure.
Still I see it as better than being banned from the game like the ones who took advantage of the glitch to make a few thousand gold exploiting players. That imo is unacceptable.

Cobraguy
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
But on a sidenote...if i spent gobs of money to obtain tens of thousands of xp into that level that went back to 0...Id just leave the game lol

modredd
09-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I purchased 1,600 platinum to lvl up my mage to 60 from 56
I used the 40 platinum elixer every time and when one ran out I bought another and leveled up at a good pace but I played six hours a day.
I dont know what caused the glitch but I know I earned my levels!
Just bought more platinum tonight in my attempt at 61.
It seems like anybody who used an elixir from thursday to saturday is going to be rolled
back? Or did I read incorrectly?
I put in alot of hard work those days and did not cheat!
I will be furious!

modredd
09-13-2011, 01:06 AM
I also do not understand what "stacked on death" means?
All of my elixirs were purchased by hitting the buy elixir tabs inside my profile.

Zaltiar
09-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry, I used 4x and damage as an example. The point is, the modifiers will no longer stack by multiplying, we will use the largest one you have on you.

-ALS

Does this go same for luck elixirs w/ big luck?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Trollee
09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
I assume servers will have to go down while you so the rollbacks?

I think the servers are down as we speak...

Fyrce
09-13-2011, 04:40 AM
I have no clue what this is about but hopefully when I have time to play again, everything will be normal :)

Ixillicus
09-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Well I am glad the devs are continuing to work on this. I don't want to see anyone who didn't abuse the glitch be incorrectly altered because of this.

But... I can't wait to see some of the people that were suddenly 61 who claim to have done it legitimately be set back to 60. Filthy liars! lol

Orcish
09-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Lol let 'em enjoy lvl 61 for a while and THEN take it away awwwww.

Ixillicus
09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Lol let 'em enjoy lvl 61 for a while and THEN take it away awwwww.

Guess maybe it's good they havent added the new crown yet. So they couldnt sneak away with one lol

Navygreen
09-13-2011, 07:37 AM
You guys seem well organized and keep logs of everything. Nice. Good to see that.

:)

ECHUSER
09-13-2011, 09:31 AM
am i going to loose xp i gained after the first rollback? i was rolled back to 59, i leveled to 60, then did an additional 30k towards 61...

edit: 100th post! i am now a "senior member" =)

ECHUSER
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
devs accidentally left chocolate cake out at a fat kid camp and now they're making everyone vomit... moral of the story, you cant trust fat kids around chocolate cake!

Navygreen
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
BUT, if the camp counselors also wrote a letter and placed it next to the chocolate cake that said "Please if you stumble upon this delicious, free chocolate cake, please do not eat it or publicly tell others about the cake. Please tell one of the camp counselors about this find." Then should the kids who ate the cake not be disciplined in some way? If they chose not to read the letter next to the delicious, free chocolate cake then that's still no excuse.

But I love your analogy! Hehe :P

I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore, but I couldn't resist. :(

StompArtist
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
What a funny exploit and what a mess. No offense but this whole thing is hilarious.

Navygreen
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think it's a flame war, just some very personal opinions.

Why it even has to be explained why this was wrong to do is beyond me... :)

Megabird56
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
It would be pretty shady if they rolled back the people that were like 10k-15k away from 61 back to 0xp towards 61. Especially if those people spent alot of plat to get to that point.

This would kinda be stealing on the part of sts. I know someone in my guild who is afraid of this. I would probably report to apple if this happened. I would imagine this has to violate some
sort of apple policy to undo in-app purchases without refund.

I think need to roll back chaacters who used the glitch but they must do so with accuracy. This situation, in my opinion, is entirely the fault of sts and they must act responsibly and not lazily.

JaytB
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Other than a few who genuinely did it for testing purposes, it's just plain old cheating to me. You cheat, you pay the price. As I said before, in another thread, a roll back seems like the most fair solution to me. So, personally, I'm happy with the current solution :)

asommers
09-13-2011, 03:34 PM
This has been completed with content update 68955 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36845-1.7.3-Content-Update-(68955)).

-ALS

Chrysys
09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Umm u guys rolled my mage back from 61 and I leveled up completely fair. Wasted numerous hours and plat to be set to 60 with no experience?????

Chrysys
09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
And I have numerous people in game who can vouch I did.it before level bug...

Character name is Saycred

Wonderjuice
09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh my god! Developers of STS, you really did it!
You did not listen to us!
You really ruined your game by this way!
I saw so many people already who went back to 60 even if they reached 61 legitimately.
I am sorry and I am so disappointed.

Rolocoaster
09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
sent a email to them hopefully they will sort this mess out

ECHUSER
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
yea, my bird got incorrectly rolled back to 60 with todays patch. i sent support an email. hopefully they'll address this issue. total bs

Doubletime
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
If you were rolled back and don't think that it was done appropriately or that there is some issue special to you, posting in this thread is not likely to get a response. Instead, simply email support at support(at)spacetimestudios.com or visit the support tab on the left hand column of the page. That will get someone to look into your issue specifically. STS logs the game so there are records to show what was and was not done. It will take time (because I am sure their support is dealing with a lot of this right now), but eventually I think things will work out.

Samhayne
09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
If you were rolled back and don't think that it was done appropriately or that there is some issue special to you, posting in this thread is not likely to get a response. Instead, simply email support at support(at)spacetimestudios.com or visit the support tab on the left hand column of the page. That will get someone to look into your issue specifically. STS logs the game so there are records to show what was and was not done. It will take time (because I am sure their support is dealing with a lot of this right now), but eventually I think things will work out.

As Doubletime outlines above, if you have an issue with your character please write us directly to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol). Thank you for your patience while we look into your issue and respond to your e-mail.