PDA

View Full Version : Warrior progression curve

control
08-05-2016, 01:38 PM
I hope devs have been looking into data collected from this gauntlet event. It is a perfect example of how even a warrior with 1000 damage is forced out of party by friends and guild members.
No one wants warrior in party. We are only needed in elites, if as vroom suggested we dont need more damage then why is this exclusion being done to us.
We also want to play in normal maps and events and just not be support group for elites.

Python.
First season war

Plqgue
08-05-2016, 02:31 PM
I hope devs have been looking into data collected from this gauntlet event. It is a perfect example of how even a warrior with 1000 damage is forced out of party by friends and guild members.
No one wants warrior in party. We are only needed in elites, if as vroom suggested we dont need more damage then why is this exclusion being done to us.
We also want to play in normal maps and events and just not be support group for elites.

Python.
First season war

I always try to include a tank in my runs but +1 because I know there's not many out there like me

Alwarez
08-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Dont buff warrior damage. Buff boss damage.

Jairnicius
08-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Discrimination for wars, always for fast farms, i hate the pvp because a mage with a immnotal staff is imposible to kill that totems heals a lot too they have a complete stun inmunity and the skyward smash no procs bleed effect unfair on pvp, the news arc 56 are good just for mages: high stats- good procs, always the same the betters weapons are for the mages

Fredystern
08-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Discrimination for wars, always for fast farms, i hate the pvp because a mage with a immnotal staff is imposible to kill that totems heals a lot too they have a complete stun inmunity and the skyward smash no procs bleed effect unfair on pvp, the news arc 56 are good just for mages: high stats- good procs, always the same the betters weapons are for the mages

So you want a warrior got an OP weapon like what they did in dragon hunter sword? Heal wont very useful if you do alot of damage/second, you need to count when to use your stun skill :/ there is an interval between arc shield and nekro, pro tank was using that interval when vs a mages

onadraosari
08-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Huh? Killed in duel mage 1300dmg nd 6k hp with immo staff. Im warr

Maarkus
08-05-2016, 11:18 PM

Python.
First season war

I really hope they tAke your thread seriously as this is how the first 'Warrior Classism' started. To be honest im not surprised, they did mention they reverted back to the same weapon itemization curve, it will take maybe 2-3events before they realize it has repeated itself again unless they take action.
I sincerely hope sts looks into this.
Thabks for the heads up.
-Maarkus

ReySolomon
08-05-2016, 11:23 PM
I never seen this everybody who wants a party always want warriors in their parties not just for elites but I guess I haven't hunged around with those people.

Fresh Broccoli
08-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Well, im sure if the warriors would have just eaten their broccoli, they would be much strong.

Did you know that a cup of chopped broccoli has about 2.6 grams of protein? Thats a lot for a non-starchy vegetable.

IgnBadass
08-06-2016, 03:23 AM
Yes, wars are nabs, useless class

onadraosari
08-06-2016, 05:10 AM
Yes, wars are nabs, useless class
hahah. do u believe in ur words? Warr now can kill anyone in pvp now. warr has one of the strongest wep arc sword. Hard elites- need warr cuz rog and mage wont live without warr's heal. All classes are have their stats. Call one of the class nab, says ppl who don't know anything about game

control
08-06-2016, 06:06 AM
Question remains why can't war deal high damage and kill bosses fast so that we are not shunned. Everyone just shouts need dps no wars. Instead in elites better take two warriors.
Can there be a set like venom stat which gives speed and this set gives damage so we can use that in case of events.
We must stick together against this discrimination.
Python.

B.Bence
08-06-2016, 06:31 AM
I hear every day that i am noob. as we all know rouges and mages can farm on every map but warriors cant farm on map where they need good dps and need to be fast like warriot useless to farm jewels.
Jewel farming used to be the money of beginners until they get lepre. If that beginner is a warrior he can hardly get enough money to buy a lepre, we still didnt talk about km3...

Zynzyn
08-06-2016, 09:49 AM

Python.
First season war

Warriors are needed in elites and not in normal maps because normal mobs dont hit hard enough. If normal maps are buffed, newbies will feel like they're doing elites. If Warriors are buffed, it will create more imbalance in pvp. So what is your suggestion for the problem? And are you sure this is even a problem ? There are damage elixirs. Consume Damage elixir for events. Dont forget that Rogues have to consume more potions too. When it comes to the event Leaderboard, Rogues need to do more runs and collect more points to stay on it. Just because normal maps are fast for them, the competition from their own class is higher. Infact for these Gauntlet events, I always consider being a Mage or Warrior, because the cut off points for the LB is much lower than the rogue class LB page.

capeo
08-06-2016, 11:10 AM
I am a warrior and not running for leader boards in the gauntlet event. I just went to check it out and get some coins. If two warriors where there the others left or asked one warrior to leave. What aggravated me was when they would start the run then leave because two warriors where there. Personally I just finished the run with the other warriors since I'm not trying to get the leader board and don't care how long it takes. I don't know the answer to the problem but I liked the suggestion of making the bosses tougher. Then others will need a punching bag to take damage while the dps classes stand back and shoot where it's safe.

B.Bence
08-06-2016, 11:28 AM
I also want some hp or arm buff for wars because the guant mutanr mages can 1 hit the warriors if jugg not active

Zeus
08-06-2016, 12:10 PM

Gun is what gives that proc, not staff.

dinzly
08-06-2016, 12:19 PM
make warrior skills can crit hit high like a rouge and everyone will be happy

Zeus
08-06-2016, 12:22 PM
make warrior skills can crit hit high like a rouge and everyone will be happy

I guess in this case, everyone only applies to warrior and in this case, only warriors play Arcane Legends? People do not understand the concept of a tank is to tank...in Pocket Legends, I played tank and fully understood that. I do not understand why warriors keep wanting more damage when it's going away from their class role.

Gouiwaa9000
08-06-2016, 12:25 PM
I also want some hp or arm buff for wars because the guant mutanr mages can 1 hit the warriors if jugg not active

Lol , im playing for almost 4 years and never have i seen a MAGE one hit a tank *_*
Right now tanks can get well over 10k hp and 3k armor , and 40% damage absorbtion from nekro , im to lazy to count but im pretty sure nothing can hit hard enough to 1-hit a good tank ( pvp )

Mages cant even 1-hit other mages if they have simirlar gear.

Kingofninjas
08-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Huh? Killed in duel mage 1300dmg nd 6k hp with immo staff. Im warr

Then the mage didn't know what it was doing. Try dueling one who does and you will get destroyed.

dinzly
08-06-2016, 12:52 PM
I guess in this case, everyone only applies to warrior and in this case, only warriors play Arcane Legends? People do not understand the concept of a tank is to tank...in Pocket Legends, I played tank and fully understood that. I do not understand why warriors keep wanting more damage when it's going away from their class role.
but do you play tank in Arcane Legends?endgame PvE tank?

Zynzyn
08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
People do not understand the concept of a tank is to tank...in Pocket Legends, I played tank and fully understood that. I do not understand why warriors keep wanting more damage when it's going away from their class role.

At times I almost believe that several (not all ofcourse) warriors who need damage buffed are just wannabe-rogues who happen to be warriors only because of how the warrior looks or are not rogues because they dont want to play a female character. I almost assume these complaining tanks do not understand assassin role, support role, dps class, tanking class, etc.

The question to ask ourselves is Are you a Warrior because it has muscles or are you a Warrior because you like to tank and like the role of the warrior? I guess on character creation page, there should be a more elaborate reminder blurb for the roles of each class.

B.Bence
08-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Lol , im playing for almost 4 years and never have i seen a MAGE one hit a tank *_*
Right now tanks can get well over 10k hp and 3k armor , and 40% damage absorbtion from nekro , im to lazy to count but im pretty sure nothing can hit hard enough to 1-hit a good tank ( pvp )

Mages cant even 1-hit other mages if they have simirlar gear.

I talk about 1. And 2. Planar tomb.

mrm
08-06-2016, 01:31 PM
i wil admit i do hate haveing a tank in my team with this event XD but look at the bright side atleast the points are low for war so easy for lb
and also if you have a war in your team it only helps if he has the ould arcane sword for the proc on weed boss

Gouiwaa9000
08-06-2016, 03:06 PM
I talk about 1. And 2. Planar tomb.

Im a mage with 5.3k hp and 1.5k armor which is nothing compared to tank , i dont get 1-hitted by any planar tombs mob.... even boss does not 1-hit me unless i sit in the red zone.

Zeus
08-06-2016, 05:02 PM
At times I almost believe that several (not all ofcourse) warriors who need damage buffed are just wannabe-rogues who happen to be warriors only because of how the warrior looks or are not rogues because they dont want to play a female character. I almost assume these complaining tanks do not understand assassin role, support role, dps class, tanking class, etc.

The question to ask ourselves is Are you a Warrior because it has muscles or are you a Warrior because you like to tank and like the role of the warrior? I guess on character creation page, there should be a more elaborate reminder blurb for the roles of each class.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what's happening. Nice catch! :D

Plqgue
08-06-2016, 05:48 PM

See prime example of you only advocating for buffs that suit you

TastyGoblin
08-06-2016, 08:23 PM
You right bro! I agree!

B.Bence
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Im a mage with 5.3k hp and 1.5k armor which is nothing compared to tank , i dont get 1-hitted by any planar tombs mob.... even boss does not 1-hit me unless i sit in the red zone.

The 1. Planar boss can summon a fure something that 1 hit me. (9500 hp 3200 arm). The 2. Planar boss used to attack in a big circle that 1 hit me because my freaking weapon.

Thats mean the boss chrse me and hit me, i lose so much hp but basicaly i dont die, BUT my weapon proc is instant damage the enemy (56 aegis) that also damage abd kill me because freaking curse!!!

Zeus
08-06-2016, 09:49 PM

Buffs for what? Warrior? What do they need buffed?

Instead of badgering me and trying to nitpick words, please realize that Dinzly was saying that he wants warriors to crit like rogues. Of course I'm going to advocate against that. Why should warriors have the ability to crit like rogues and so much survivability? They already do way more damage than needed. However, what I would not advocate against is reducing their damage but increasing their survivability to be more in line with their ability to tank.

Zevile
08-06-2016, 10:16 PM
As a squishy smurf myself, I must say, I really don't mind having a warrior on my team as long as they know what they're doing. :3

control
08-06-2016, 10:36 PM
We are not asking for a buff in first place. We are also not asking for improvements which would affect pvp.

Our simple request is to find a way to stop the discrimination against tanks in events.
There can be a few ways which the devs can devise.
1) Give us a set like venom set or tarlok assault set which sacrifices armor and health and give damage and crit for event purposes.
2) Let there be a compulsion of having all the classes present in a full party for event runs.
3) We lack in an effective damage skill at bosses to kill them fast so work on them a little bit.
4) We can't complaint about the new arcane weapons as they are already being looked into by Vroom.
5) We can only play well if we are allowed to play and participate and not beg for a team.

Let no egos be hurt when one looks at a lingering community problem of discrimination against one class just like a lower caste system.
Python.

Safiras
08-06-2016, 10:49 PM

Would just like to say, it's easy to call out someone for being biased against tanks because of previous history. It's better sometimes to have a discerning eye and appreciate each post for their own validity. In this case I would agree with Python and say that tanks don't need a buff as Zeus also has stated. Event maps need to be structured such that a tank's strength (i.e., damage sponge, aggro machine) is required, not like in Gauntlet where hardly any tanking is needed, just pure damage to kill the boss ASAP.

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Buffs for what? Warrior? What do they need buffed?

Instead of badgering me and trying to nitpick words, please realize that Dinzly was saying that he wants warriors to crit like rogues. Of course I'm going to advocate against that. Why should warriors have the ability to crit like rogues and so much survivability? They already do way more damage than needed. However, what I would not advocate against is reducing their damage but increasing their survivability to be more in line with their ability to tank.
He's asking for a pve damage buff to make warriors useful in maps ...... just like you were asking for armor and such taking away from your classes role of a glass cannon in pvp because you aren't useful that's how tanks feel in pve

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 12:02 AM
We are not asking for a buff in first place. We are also not asking for improvements which would affect pvp.

Our simple request is to find a way to stop the discrimination against tanks in events.
1) Give us a set like venom set or tarlok assault set which sacrifices armor and health and give damage and crit for event purposes.
2) Let there be a compulsion of having all the classes present in a full party for event runs.
3) We lack in an effective damage skill at bosses to kill them fast so work on them a little bit.
4) We can't complaint about the new arcane weapons as they are already being looked into by Vroom.
5) We can only play well if we are allowed to play and participate and not beg for a team.

Let no egos be hurt when one looks at a lingering community problem of discrimination against one class just like a lower caste system.
Python.
A pve only damage /speed buff would be the only way to make a tank useful in any regular map if not good luck being useful when any mage can gale to boss and kill by the time u catch up

Asron9
08-07-2016, 01:59 AM

Python.
1++++ agree

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk

Asron9
08-07-2016, 02:02 AM
He's asking for a pve damage buff to make warriors useful in maps ...... just like you were asking for armor and such taking away from your classes role of a glass cannon in pvp because you aren't useful that's how tanks feel in pve
1+++ [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk

IronWolfert
08-07-2016, 07:45 AM
+1 couldnt agree with u more bro pyhton, in fact any boss killing event is a dps event imo, thts wat rogs r design to do. (not hating)
u will see gc whole day shouting for dps only, u will see ppl leaving maps whn they see 2 or more wars in it, and the fact tht lb points needed for war is so much more lower is a good example of how unwanted we are in this event. kinda tired tbh and it feels exactly like how it was bck in the old days whn wars arent needed and is only a drag to the pt.
i agree with what python and safi suggested, not asking for a buff, but event structure needs to be looked into it in the future to prevent such frm happening again (buffinh and nerfing is nvr ending).
ps: for those tht r derailing this thread into a pvp / buffing /nerfing / class discrimination thread, pls stop. =)

onadraosari
08-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Im tank and i dnt understand why tanks need more dmg? Okay, we dont make so much dmg like rogs, but lol we have 10k+ hp and 3k+ armor.
Very useful class, with awsm weps, skills. Tank are need in planar tombs, hard elites, km3 also. Ppl who tells warr are useless, just dont see real power of the warr

Zeus
08-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Warriors are useful in PvE maps. Aegis tank, anyone?

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Lol one weapon doesn't make an entire class useful ...as I said I try to include a tank in all my teams but they are shunned because of them not being able to keep up and deal damage accordingly

Zeus
08-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Lol one weapon doesn't make an entire class useful ...as I said I try to include a tank in all my teams but they are shunned because of them not being able to keep up and deal damage accordingly

Even without aegis, tanks are required in new elite maps. If the difficulty decreases so that a tank is no longer required then the DPS classes usually end up making sure there's nothing left of value to farm in those maps.

Just look at the leaderboard. Half of the times are with warriors in it so obviously they have a use.

resurrected
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Tank is for holding aggro and keeping party alive. I don't see point in buffing damage of warrior. If this happen, rogues and mages won't be needed. I seen already tanks with 1.2k damage 11k hp. Isn't it insane enough? Every class have their role in game. Deal with it or swap class. Don't get me rude here but it's just true. If tank know what do to it gonna be more helpful than you think. And if you think tanks have too less damage then ask Oez for show you his time in solo run of planar tombs 2 and 3. You'll be surprised.

control
08-08-2016, 07:45 AM
No need really to get rude but understand that a tank can also have damage say 1100 with health 6 to 7000, what is wrong with that if he wants to play an event map just like others.
Also regarding your second point let that decorated tank of yours use the new arcane weapons use a legendary pet and solo planar tomb 2 and tell his times.
Also the discussion here is not about running tombs2 it is about running normal, easier event maps.
Also we not asking for buffs! We just want option to change to a damage class on sarcificing health and armor.
We want skills with capable of dealing more damage.
Python

abe
10-27-2016, 04:32 AM
Not true nekro and dragon blades work nicely
Ign:solovv
Class:rouge

Magemagix
10-27-2016, 12:34 PM
No need really to get rude but understand that a tank can also have damage say 1100 with health 6 to 7000, what is wrong with that if he wants to play an event map just like others.
Also regarding your second point let that decorated tank of yours use the new arcane weapons use a legendary pet and solo planar tomb 2 and tell his times.
Also the discussion here is not about running tombs2 it is about running normal, easier event maps.
Also we not asking for buffs! We just want option to change to a damage class on sarcificing health and armor.
We want skills with capable of dealing more damage.
Python

That can be easily done, jst delete ur tank nd switch to rogue or mage. Tank r supposed to deal less dmg nd keep more aggro. Thats how this game was originally built nd u want to change it .-.

Tanks already have OP stats atm as resurrected said. Seen alot of them with 9.5k+ hp 1.1k dmg nd 5.7k+ armor.

Maybe low lvl graveyard map dont need tank much atm. Bt as new dungeon r released tank will be needed alot similar to underhul elite jadis map. So have patience :)

Midievalmodel
10-27-2016, 04:31 PM

This is the exact thinking that will make warriors useless once the aegis damage proc output gets outdated as better more high powered weapons come out for dps classes. It kinda sucks to be honest as a warrior to not find any new weapons useful for pve and keep on depending on the old tired aegis for pve. If I did not use aegis and magma combined to be honest I am very useless in PVE currently in the new content especially with the caliber of dps players i run with. Zeus you know who they are and frankly they don't really need me if they have one good mage and all rogues in the party. Those runs are faster without me even with my mythic aegis usage. Curse mage mobs in new maps one hit all members of party regardless (including me with 6000 armor) so i ain't protecting anyone. The armor increase for mages and rogues with the new gear are pretty aggressive which makes them very tankable against most mobs and bosses. In fact mages have found a revival in usefulness in the new expansion because the new gear has advanced their damage to a point that there AOE skills along with the new high damage weapons have made there mob clearance faster than warrior with aegis. In addition their shield and along with their higher armor has allowed them to be the tank for the party.

Currently the aegis damage output curve has already leveled off making us barely useful for killing mobs in running maps. Once newer weapons come out that have very high damage output for the dps class (rogues and mages) then the aegis will be left in the dust. Then what are warriors to use to be useful in pve? Our skills and buffs aren't needed in pve. What will we do then? Yes you may say well warriors will have new weapons with higher damage as well. But look how much the new weapons (legendary) for warriors which have much higher damage does nothing for the warrior in pve. Why? because the warrior skill mechanics and natural skill damage output pales in comparison to mages and rogues. Therefore, even with new high damage weapons (legendary claymore weapons) we are still useless and depend on our mythic aegis proc.

Everyone harps on a tank should be tanking and must understand their role. I get that. I totally understand that. I totally agree with that. But there is nothing to tank in the new content. Nothing.......So why do they need us once mythic aegis is outdated?

I am not asking for increasing the damage of warriors but asking for there to be a reason for us warriors to be needed. Make it necessary for our tankyness to be required in parties. Make rogues and mages die left and right if they don't have us in a party. Currently this is not the case.

Plqgue
10-27-2016, 05:18 PM
This is the exact thinking that will make warriors useless once the aegis damage proc output gets outdated as better more high powered weapons come out for dps classes. It kinda sucks to be honest as a warrior to not find any new weapons useful for pve and keep on depending on the old tired aegis for pve. If I did not use aegis and magma combined to be honest I am very useless in PVE currently in the new content especially with the caliber of dps players i run with. Zeus you know who they are and frankly they don't really need me if they have one good mage and all rogues in the party. Those runs are faster without me even with my mythic aegis usage. Curse mage mobs in new maps one hit all members of party regardless (including me with 6000 armor) so i ain't protecting anyone. The armor increase for mages and rogues with the new gear are pretty aggressive which makes them very tankable against most mobs and bosses. In fact mages have found a revival in usefulness in the new expansion because the new gear has advanced their damage to a point that there AOE skills along with the new high damage weapons have made there mob clearance faster than warrior with aegis. In addition their shield and along with their higher armor has allowed them to be the tank for the party.

Currently the aegis damage output curve has already leveled off making us barely useful for killing mobs in running maps. Once newer weapons come out that have very high damage output for the dps class (rogues and mages) then the aegis will be left in the dust. Then what are warriors to use to be useful in pve? Our skills and buffs aren't needed in pve. What will we do then? Yes you may say well warriors will have new weapons with higher damage as well. But look how much the new weapons (legendary) for warriors which have much higher damage does nothing for the warrior in pve. Why? because the warrior skill mechanics and natural skill damage output pales in comparison to mages and rogues. Therefore, even with new high damage weapons (legendary claymore weapons) we are still useless and depend on our mythic aegis proc.

Everyone harps on a tank should be tanking and must understand their role. I get that. I totally understand that. I totally agree with that. But there is nothing to tank in the new content. Nothing.......So why do they need us once mythic aegis is outdated?

I am not asking for increasing the damage of warriors but asking for there to be a reason for us warriors to be needed. Make it necessary for our tankyness to be required in parties. Make rogues and mages die left and right if they don't have us in a party. Currently this is not the case.

Shush up and heal me xD

I don't wanna die every five seconds ....

Ucamaeben
10-27-2016, 09:46 PM
I like playing a tank, I haven't tried any other classes. I do not get left out of parties. I enjoy running right into the middle of the biggest mob possible, dropping all the aggro skills that I can, watching mages drop nuclear warheads on top of me, and rogues sniping the living daylights out of baddies!

I'm running with 11k health, 6k armor and 1200 dps and that's with dragon sword. More importantly I'm having fun and I'm hoping I'm a good guild mate, party member, and it's obvious that I'm trying to have fun.

Of course I want better stats, the best gear, and one-hit kills, who doesn't!? It's not the end of the world though.

Can't we all just get along?! 😜

eleasah
10-28-2016, 03:40 PM
I like playing a tank, I haven't tried any other classes. I do not get left out of parties. I enjoy running right into the middle of the biggest mob possible, dropping all the aggro skills that I can, watching mages drop nuclear warheads on top of me, and rogues sniping the living daylights out of baddies!

I'm running with 11k health, 6k armor and 1200 dps and that's with dragon sword. More importantly I'm having fun and I'm hoping I'm a good guild mate, party member, and it's obvious that I'm trying to have fun.

Of course I want better stats, the best gear, and one-hit kills, who doesn't!? It's not the end of the world though.

Can't we all just get along?! ��

True is, i prefer running with a tank. All maps if can. And yes, some tanks know their Jobs. With this tanks running is fine. All dmg is nothing if the Team not work together and every one do his job. The best tanks i know have not the best dmg in game. But they keep me alive when we fight and thats what i really like. If i can choose ucamaeban vor tank with more dmg i will ever choose ucam. Cause know what he doing. And all guildies are happy to have him in Team when cry for help. Btw, we often run with two tanks and its no Problem. I cant nothing say about pvp but in maps a Team should work together. Then is no need for more buffs. Imo tanks now good geared and have enough dmg.

Ardbeg
10-28-2016, 04:11 PM
I think we are a bit too early in the expansion to judge. We did not dive too deep in the dungeons yet, and so far skilled teams can manage to run without tanks. I have my doubts this will stay this way once the mobs get scaled up. And remember: everyone *will* need balance tokens and bosses will drop up to 9 in deepest level.
My hipe is of course that in the course we will get rid of the aegis as a sole justification for tanks in parties.
For those wanting to run event or boss focussed maps, try the duskbringer claymore with haste set and vengeful blood. Sts actually did something good for tanks here.
That being said: Give us something dang hard to tank deep down in the mausoleum!

These are my stats with the dusk claymore with active vengeful blood skill and house buffs, but no lix or other pet buffs active. And 30% of damage are still missing because of the display bug. To all Warriors that want more damage: come out of the closet and be the squishy you always wanted to be!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161028/243441d7c0ee8558e0448a46538d8e07.png

Luciano Lobo
10-28-2016, 04:37 PM
I think we are a bit too early in the expansion to judge. We did not dive too deep in the dungeons yet, and so far skilled teams can manage to run without tanks. I have my doubts this will stay this way once the mobs get scaled up. And remember: everyone *will* need balance tokens and bosses will drop up to 9 in deepest level.
My hipe is of course that in the course we will get rid of the aegis as a sole justification for tanks in parties.
For those wanting to run event or boss focussed maps, try the duskbringer claymore with haste set and vengeful blood. Sts actually did something good for tanks here.
That being said: Give us something dang hard to tank deep down in the mausoleum!

These are my stats with the dusk claymore with active vengeful blood skill and house buffs, but no lix or other pet buffs active. And 30% of damage are still missing because of the display bug. To all Warriors that want more damage: come out of the closet and be the squishy you always wanted to be!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161028/243441d7c0ee8558e0448a46538d8e07.png
4000 armor? No ty. The damage of the warrior does not reflect in real play. Rogues and mages will always do huge amounts of damage no matter the weapon they are using. The only thing that change is the play style. Warriors don't make faster kills with a two-handed weapon. Try running solo elite planar tombs with your two-handed weapon and your sword and shield. You will not see any difference in time, you might die even more with a two-handed weapon. So the damage in the character screen is just a cosmetic number. Even in the boss fight it doesn't do a lot more damage than a sword and shield. An this apply for every map. Developers should take a look into this.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ardbeg
10-28-2016, 04:53 PM
4000 armor? No ty. The damage of the warrior does not reflect in real play. Rogues and mages will always do huge amounts of damage no matter the weapon they are using. The only thing that change is the play style. Warriors don't make faster kills with a two-handed weapon. Try running solo elite planar tombs with your two-handed weapon and your sword and shield. You will not see any difference in time, you might die even more with a two-handed weapon. So the damage in the character screen is just a cosmetic number. Even in the boss fight it doesn't do a lot more damage than a sword and shield. An this apply for every map. Developers should take a look into this.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It is a tradeoff of course. And it is not a cosmetic number as the skill damage of skyward smash shows. It is intended to make the warrior more rogueish in certain situations (like events) by swapping armor for damage. The damage is real. The armor loss also. Choices!

Carapace
10-28-2016, 05:12 PM

Ardbeg is correct in that the deeper levels of the Mausoleum is where this is designed to become relevant. Think of the currently accessible Mausoleum levels as 'normal mode", and floors 4+ as starting to get into "elite mode". Until that is avaialble, the addition of a tradeoff weapon allows Warriors to still farm their rank within the Order and solo mroe reasonably as they do so until a time comes when they are needed again as a tank.

Luciano Lobo
10-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Is more damage of course but with the longest cooldows of the warriors skills it doesn't reflect a huge damage output in real play unfortunately. So in the end the high damage is a waste in comparison with the huge armor of the warrior class. I think developers are managing this with the use of helpful procs on mythic/arcane weapons only wich we will have to see in play in the near future.

Ardbeg
10-28-2016, 05:24 PM
Is more damage of course but with the longest cooldows of the warriors skills it doesn't reflect a huge damage output in real play unfortunately. So in the end the high damage is a waste in comparison with the huge armor of the warrior class. I think developers are managing this with the use of helpful procs on mythic/arcane weapons only wich we will have to see in play in the near future.

From my experience it is a huge difference on bosses but can t reach the aegis on mobs. As it should be. I use ss, axe, vb and hor and i can tear apart bosses with this setup for a huge impact of time (pet mm with magma aa). The overall time might not be impacted, but boss time is indeed.

Luciano Lobo
10-28-2016, 06:24 PM
You should consider the overall time only. On easy/event bosses might be but on hard elite/mausoleum bosses I doubt it completely and will make a few seconds difference not minutes difference another reason why most of the tanks won't feel the change of weapon. Also you should add the harder playability you will have with your two-handed weapon on this maps and bosses with your low armor. In these cases the damage is made by the other classes most of the time leaving the roll of healer/"tanking" to warriors. I often see warrior chaging weapons on the course of the map and tbh does't change anything. You don't feel it when you play. The only real feel is the durability always. With the dusk aegis proc the mages curse mobs dont kill you in one or two hits wich is good. I just hope a real change in the feel way when you play with this new content. Now we will have explicit roles as attacker and defender.

Ardbeg
10-28-2016, 06:39 PM
You should consider the overall time only. On easy/event bosses might be but on hard elite/mausoleum bosses I doubt it completely and will make a few seconds difference not minutes difference another reason why most of the tanks won't feel the change of weapon. Also you should add the harder playability you will have with your two-handed weapon on this maps and bosses with your low armor. In these cases the damage is made by the other classes most of the time leaving the roll of healer/"tanking" to warriors. I often see warrior chaging weapons on the course of the map and tbh does't change anything. You don't feel it when you play. The only real feel is the durability always. With the dusk aegis proc the mages curse mobs dont kill you in one or two hits wich is good. I just hope a real change in the feel way when you play with this new content. Now we will have explicit roles as attacker and defender.

The claymore is for bosses, and the aegis (myth) is for mobs. I love the new aegis, but aside from a pure luck setup it is not needed in current stage imho. I agree with you, the overall time is what counts, so why stretch it by limiting to only one weapon? Especially since the claymore is dang cheap. So far the maps are not very hard, and the mage course can be avoided with team work (no matter wether with or without tank or which weapons are used). All i am saying is, it is not too bad, tanks have options to go a bit more rogueish, and maps are not scaled to make tanks necessary yet. Everything else depends on playstyle and party. Where i disagree is that the damage of the dusk claymore doesn't make a difference on bosses.

supersyan
10-28-2016, 08:45 PM
its suks when 3 warriors meet at mausoleum.boss fights is like scratching the surface of a rock with bare hands. Umbal mass vs warrior is never ending.

Zeus
10-29-2016, 01:36 PM
its suks when 3 warriors meet at mausoleum.boss fights is like scratching the surface of a rock with bare hands. Umbal mass vs warrior is never ending.

Do you use cake to hammer in a nail? Well, I suppose you can, but you'll need a lot of cake and that's not a very efficient way to use cake.

The same concept can be applied here.

supersyan
10-30-2016, 02:32 AM
Do you use cake to hammer in a nail? Well, I suppose you can, but you'll need a lot of cake and that's not a very efficient way to use cake.

The same concept can be applied here.

i got it. But its like using icecreams to hammer in a nail when meeting 3 warriors in musoleum.

Kide2008
10-30-2016, 04:45 AM

Maybe we don't want damage to kill bosses or mobs . Or to farm or level up. We just a body running around.

Kide2008
10-30-2016, 04:48 AM
Aegis is lvl 46. If u go with ageis without glintstone set it is useless. Also if u gonna use aegis and glinstone set. Just go with rogue class more armor . Health. And damge.

we are talking about lvl61 here not 46

Kide2008
10-30-2016, 04:52 AM
They won't look here. War class is long since dead. The game is just for mage and rogue.

Kide2008
10-30-2016, 04:54 AM
hahah. do u believe in ur words? Warr now can kill anyone in pvp now. warr has one of the strongest wep arc sword. Hard elites- need warr cuz rog and mage wont live without warr's heal. All classes are have their stats. Call one of the class nab, says ppl who don't know anything about game

We don't talk about pvp . We are talking about PVE. So stop ur stupidity

Vvildfire
10-31-2016, 01:28 AM
Sometimes I run Mausoleum, and when I do, not having a Warrior means I go splat, having no Rogue means we beat a rock (boss) with a stick