PDA

View Full Version : random though

ero
06-23-2010, 02:51 PM
should shields have a block ratio?

just some more detail:
when fighting, there will be a small chance you will block an attack, because to me it seems pointless to have a shield where you can't actually block attacks.

King Richie
06-23-2010, 02:52 PM
This is actually a nice idea !! Devs Please come and see this nice idea !!

bmc85uk
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Sure makes sense to me, a shield tank should be a juggernaught that soaks up damage like a sponge, although as far as I can see 2 handed dps tanks need a little love to make them worth while.

flaimdude
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
And maybe bigger shields could have a better def ratio? :) Excellent idea!

King Richie
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
So instead of Now Getting hit markers , miss markers and dodge markers you could some times get BLOCK markers

Blocking the attack would have to do damage but very little .. maybe like 10% of normal damage !!

This opens up to a new skill which could be released which would raise the block ratio !!

Rashkar
11-13-2010, 01:25 AM
this is actually a genius idea

chriscw97
11-13-2010, 02:17 AM
but it should work on all shields like eye bracers and wings

Rashkar
11-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Lol I actually disagree with allowing wings and eyes to block as well. The capability to block would add a perfect mechanic to the game to allow new harder game content and makes a solid tank a necessity. This added to a better taunt/aggro mechanism would make new content not susceptible to rushing and would generate a higher necessity for team play.

Rashkar
11-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Lol I actually disagree with allowing wings and eyes to block as well. The capability to block would add a perfect mechanic to the game to allow new harder game content and makes a solid tank a necessity. This added to a better taunt/aggro mechanism would make new content not susceptible to rushing and would generate a higher necessity for team play.