PDA

View Full Version : Why repeat an answer?

Cascade
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I've been seeing alot of forumers pretty much saying the same answer as the person above them when someone asks a question...There really is no need to answer the question again unless there is something you can add that the first answer didn't cover...Anyone else been noticing this too? Or is it just me?

lethalchick
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I've done this before, it was because when i started typing I was the first person to answer. However by the time I finished and posted, someon e else had already answered.

13lacklegionz
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
It's just because they didn't read the other peoples' replies. That's all.

Hankomachos
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
They're just trying to get the goa title. That's my guess.

That, or they didn't see the above posts (or didn't want to.) :p

razerfingers
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry about that earlier cascade i was telling how to message without haveing the player added as well as rrply shortcut and guild chat thinggy not ment to steal your thunder
-the unknown :)

Cascade
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Lol i think you took it wrong razer-Im not targeting certain people...Im just trying to help improve the communitys future posts.

KingFu
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
They're just trying to get the goa title. That's my guess.

That, or they didn't see the above posts (or didn't want to.) :p

Or they're just trying to be helpful?

As said before, they may not have read the post above. That, or they answer with the same answer and add some detail

Ellyidol
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM

As said before, they may not have read the post above. That, or they answer with the same answer and add some detail

In Myst and Jay's case, it's because I always ninja them. HA!

razerfingers
09-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol i think you took it wrong razer-Im not targeting certain people...Im just trying to help improve the communitys future posts.
Ohhhh gotcha

Blind
09-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah funniest example is
email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing (at) with @

And then second guy says:

^ what he said, email support replacing (at) with @

And then third guy goes:

^ what he said, email support, such issues are not discussed on forums.

Bahahahaha

Kakatoa91
09-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Sometimes I take lots of time to write stuff.

Not that im slow, but in the middle im talkin to friends out, my woman at home, boss at work or im cooking same time... so by the end I finish typing several peep post b4 me with same stuffs.
:D

Darkfader
09-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I sometimes make shuch sort of reply because, when I go to forums with computer, I hit what's new button and open to new tab all interesting threads. Then I read and possibl reply thread by thread and sometimes if there is empty thread, someone else been answered it since I opened it. :]

CrimsonTider
09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah funniest example is
email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing (at) with @

And then second guy says:

^ what he said, email support replacing (at) with @9

And then third guy goes:

^ what he said, email support, such issues are not discussed on forums.

Bahahahaha

^what he said... :)

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 06:31 AM
^what he said... :)

^what he said, just replace the quote with the previous quote.

Ixillicus
09-13-2011, 06:54 AM
^what he said, just replace the quote with the previous quote.

What he said ^

(Sorry, we're all actually the same person, with multiple personality disorders)

Blind
09-13-2011, 07:05 AM
(Sorry, we're all actually the same person, with multiple personality disorders)
bahahhahah :'D

Navygreen
09-13-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah, why can't they just be trying to be helpful? Even if someone posted an answer before you, you may be able to explain it in a different way or confirm what the last person was saying. Personally, when I post a thread asking for opinions or help, I appreciate when multiple people reply, whether it says the same thing but written differently or not. I think it's helpful.

:)

Zerious
09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
my most commonly repeated answers:

• kiting is not noobish, running is
• not taking sides, just stating the points of both sides
• i hate rushers
• 6 rage 2 stomp 1 sms

you can figure out the questions. but I don't do this for any GoA title, they're just commonly asked questions

Hankomachos
09-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeaaa man kiting isn't noobish i dont take sides either i too hate rushers and dont forget 6 stomp... etc etc

NOW GIVES ME GOOD REPZ!!! jk
Get it?
Also, @ myst, you shouldn't have to "try" to be helpful, it should come naturally. :D

StompArtist
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeaaa man kiting isn't noobish i dont take sides either i too hate rushers and dont forget 6 stomp... etc etc

Get it?
Also, @ myst, you shouldn't have to "try" to be helpful, it should come naturally.

Hankomachos
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM

Get it?
Also, @ myst, you shouldn't have to "try" to be helpful, it should come naturally. :D

Hankomachos
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
LOL ;)