PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends PvP?

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Created this thread to allow players to voice their thoughts on how SL PvP should be implemented. Voice your own opinions and back up ideas that you like and lets get an understanding of what peoples thoughts are on the matter :)

Personally, despite not playing much PvP besides a bit of twinking I am new to max level PvP, never the less I am interested in the prospect of it in SL, and I think that it should be brought about in 2 forms.....

1) The PL styled 5v5 for players to use for mucking around and talking.

2) A sign up arena that hosts 2v2 games for the more hardcore PvPers. Very similar to the popular WoW arena, players could purchase a team for 10 plat. They would be able to name their Arena team and it would have a slot under Guilds in the social tab. You would be able to invite 1 player into your Arena team and they would be able to accept this invite for 10 plat. When both players are on, either of you can go to an NPC and sign your team up for a match. This puts you into a queue. While waiting for a match, players can roam any town, but not enter any games, as it could cause players to ignore the pop up warning they would receive to join the game. There would be at least 3 small arenas. When you get the pop up to enter one of these arenas both you and your team-mate are given one minute to join. Once both teams have accepted they are teleported into the arena. Both teams start off behind a gate, which opens after a minute of waiting (Buffs/ tactics can be done in this short period of time)

The winners are given 1 arena win on their player tab for other players to see. Since the matchings are randomised the leader-boards might actually be fair. Theres a couple details I left out because obviously if it was to be implanted the devs would do their own thing, but thats the rough idea.

What do you guys think?

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 03:52 AM
I like the first idea, casual PvP.

My opinion on the second, I think it should be 3v3, to make it possible to have at least one of each class :) I like the arena-team idea too, however that might work.

Just to expound, I also think that some sort of anonymous PvP-ing would be nice, or muted 1v1s, prevents all those trash talks issues and it'd be a good venue for those who just want to PvP/duel without having to deal with drama or whatnot. Player names could even be set to 'Commando', 'Operative', 'Engineer', etc, to provide full anonymity and full PvP only.

Again, another leaderboard/stat counter for that as well.

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Great idea with the muted 1v1s Elly :) @the 3v3 arenas I personally thought the same, but i wondered if it would be too hard to organise, as well as getting everyone to accept the invitation ect. Perhaps all open PvP games should be muted, and private games not? With guilds these days I don't see how that is not a possibility?

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Great idea with the muted 1v1s Elly :) @the 3v3 arenas I personally thought the same, but i wondered if it would be too hard to organise, as well as getting everyone to accept the invitation ect. Perhaps all open PvP games should be muted, and private games not? With guilds these days I don't see how that is not a possibility?

Hmm true, I forgot PvP in PL now is actually 3v3 also.

I think if a PvP reward system is implemented, getting people to join might, hopefully, not be a problem anymore. I can see how its such a bother to organize though..

Maybe some of that match-making system that other games use (HON). Might be successful for people who just want to PvP as well.

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Possibly unorganised teams would work much better...what if it was 20 plat for the PvP, and 10 for a team? Everyones a winner? Also the chat for arenas should be team only IMO. Anyone else got some ideas?

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Also the chat for arenas should be team only IMO. Anyone else got some ideas?

Agree. I think there's a small feature for this, not sure if it works. /team (message) sends it to your team only.. I think.. If it doesn't I sure told the other team what I was doing. Lol

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Hahah, could result in an interesting outcome. Do you think allowing 2 of the same class is a good idea? I realise STS would rather allowing everyone as it would result in more team being purchased as friends wouldn't need to roll new chars just to be in the team....Also I think this would only work at max level. Any ideas for rewards?

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Sorry for the double post, but does NO-ONE else got anything to say?

Tripp
09-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Pvp is not fixed

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 05:19 AM
In what way Trapp?

Cahaun
09-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Need...GUILD WARS!!!

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Cahuan, love the idea :) Any thoughts as to how it could be implemented on handheld devices?

bronislav84
09-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Invite accept costing ten plat? So if somebody accepts then gets kicked and they spent two weeks on Tapjoy they're out of 2 weeks of work? This really doesn't cater to the people who can't afford plat. Joining the team should be free, and let people form the team for a high amount of credits, too. Just saying.

Raulur
09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I envision both the current PL style and a mix of SWG style. By that I mean outposts that are open pvp for your guild against any guild you might be at war with at the time. Sort of like the faction warfare but with other guilds instead of factions. The new outpost would have to be a non-(free)spine outpost, of course. Maps in this outpost should only be accessable by portal. If you die at the outpost, you get booted back to Blackstar.

Would it always be fair? No. Would it be fun? Oh yeah.

Necrobane
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
That would be awesome Raul!
@Bron, fair enough, I realise that i was a bit naive of grievers. Good point.

Cascade
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Having a buyable guild pvp arena would be pretty nifty.

morfic
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I think they should have 3v3 pvp areas, and up to 15x15 pvp areas.

Then on top of that, implement a duel function.

*Standing in Numa, minding my business..*
Ebalere says, "Eww Morfic Sux!"
You say, "Gasp!"
/duel Ebalere
GO!
At which point me and Ebalere would be attackable to each other only until one of us "Dies" or succumbs.

EDIT: Of course on his end, he would have a pop up asking him to accept or deny the duel. Or be able to /duel morfic accept

Necrobane
09-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Good idea morfic, I like! love the idea cascade! Do you mean like a room accessible from your guild house? if so, 5v5 or 3v3 or 1v1?

Kraze
09-14-2011, 03:39 AM
To tack on to ely's idea I like the idea of either playing anon or be able to turn off pvp chat. Seems to me the biggest problem with pvp in pl is runaway egos. Find away to allow people to tune it out and I'm sure more will join in the fun

Necrobane
09-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Agreed, pretty much the only reason that I don't play it much.

Cahaun
09-14-2011, 04:37 AM
I think they should have 3v3 pvp areas, and up to 15x15 pvp areas.

Then on top of that, implement a duel function.

*Standing in Numa, minding my business..*
Ebalere says, "Eww Morfic Sux!"
You say, "Gasp!"
/duel Ebalere
GO!
At which point me and Ebalere would be attackable to each other only until one of us "Dies" or succumbs.

EDIT: Of course on his end, he would have a pop up asking him to accept or deny the duel. Or be able to /duel morfic accept
Lol the scenario made me laugh. :rolleyes:

Acezero
09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
There should be an arena. There should be a kept score of how many wins and loss. And there should be a XvX system. Its still casual but bragging rights still exists

XxPureBeastxX
08-31-2014, 04:58 AM
Ok so i was bored and wandering around in star legends forums and i found this wonderful post lol. I think ya'll have great ideas keep it up and hope sts would actually add these features :) :eagerness::banana:

Bionicgrandpa
09-01-2014, 03:03 AM
Lel prize for whoever has most kills at the end of a match will bring more rushers

Grâmpš wíłl Äłwãÿś Łøvè Ÿõù [emoji106][emoji108][emoji123][emoji109][emoji111]️[emoji112][emoji119][emoji115][emoji114][emoji122][emoji121]️

Uafaud
09-01-2014, 08:05 AM

CAK Vader
09-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Rofl so true, close this thread mods or devs...