PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: class specific weapon changes

GigaBits
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Commandos use huge cannons that give splash damage, what do the other two classes get? Engineers get sweet looking gloves that shoot lightning, for crap damage; operatives get to dual wield, which fires fast but hits like a pillow swung by a 5 year old. Long story short, almost everyone uses rifles or pistol.

My suggestion is to make our class specific weapons more useful by adding in a similar mechanic that the cannons use. Why couldn't an operative with two guns hit two different enemies at the same time, easy enough, but they are a single target class. So my other idea for them would be damage types. Giving them the option to cause more damage to certain enemy types based on what their weapon fires( basically lasers or plasma at this point). A loose example would be lasers do more damage to melee mobs, and plasma more to "boss" mobs. Very rudimentary, I know, these are just thoughts.

As for engineers, I see no reason for their gloves to not do aoe damage. It's lightning, or looks like lightning. No reason it couldn't "jump" targets for reduced damage, even dot, which would fit right into the class description.

Thoughts?