PDA

View Full Version : problem with guilds

TheGoACake
09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I own a guild "The GoA Clan" and I have a lot of people in it except one thing is wrong, which is I can't see the rest of my guild members I only see 4 or 5. So I think it should be like friends where u click the little arrow to see more friends.

Amuze
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Not to be a smart a$$, but maybe everyone except for those 4-5 players left the guild?

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I have a similar problem something like this sometimes I know my guild member is online but hes not on my list when I check.

Whirlzap
09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't know why you made a guild that seemingly seems to stand for the Guardian of Alterra Clan.
Perhaps consider making a guild about someone you are, unless you are actually a GoA..!

RedRyder
09-13-2011, 11:04 PM
It's ok, I have "Guardians of Alterra" reserved as a guild name ;)
Thanks to woundedeagle of course

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Why do you assume its a Guarduan?? Pointing fingers when you dont know anything is not smart or nice.

ScarecrowWolf
09-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Ok I have to take this off my chest.

I have never met a guardian in my 6 months of playing except one time, but they denied my friend request and wouldnt even help me with a question. In the game itself, we are all guardians, protectors and fighters of Alterra and none of us have a freaking title except what level we are.

And whats with all these '' Guardians of Alterra'' taking vacations off the game. Almost everyday I see one post of a ''Guardian'' taking a break. Sure they have their own life, but so do the devs and they're on everyday.

The only reason im putting this on the spot is cause a ''Guardian'' booted me from a room for this as a reason ''.''. Are you freaking serious.

Plus im sure I could, as well as a thousand other players, answer the same questions the new ''guardians'' answered to get their cute little shield.

So.... As far as the Guardians of Alterra guild goes, no one had their name written on it so I dont see a problem here. The only reason their are'nt more guardians is cauae STS dosn't take the time to find the ''REAL'' guardians.

Hell im a ''Guardian'' and so is TheGoACake.

Good job with the creation of your guild TheGoACake. Atleast you can spot out good ''Guardian'' unlike STS.

OMG no more stress. Now I know what breast reduction feels like.

Im just getting tired of these so called ''guardians'' running around saying guardians this guardians that, your not special cause you dont have this shield. I'm superior over you cause my forums pic is different and I have a shield.

I mean my freaking hair is falling out over this CRAP!!!!

And what's with this if you ask how to become a ''Guardian'' of Alterra you cant become one. That's a fat load of dinosaur crap. You should respect the fact that someone would like to work for their really plain looking shield for a ''guardian''. WHATEVER!!!!

Overall point TheGoACake atleast you went out of your way to put a problem out there. Your a real Guardian. Heres your shield.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd409/ScarecrowWolf/20110913234720.jpg

smokester
09-14-2011, 01:33 AM

I have never met a guardian in my 6 months of playing except one time, but they denied my friend request and wouldnt even help me with a question. In the game itself, we are all guardians, protectors and fighters of Alterra and none of us have a freaking title except what level we are.

And whats with all these '' Guardians of Alltera'' taking vacations off the game. Almost everyday I see one post of a ''Guardian'' taking a break. Sure they have their own life, but so do the devs and they're on everyday.

The only reason im putting this on the spot is cause a ''Guardian'' booted me from a room for this as a reason ''.''. Are you freaking serious.

Plus im sure I could, as well as a thousand other players, answer the same questions the new ''guardians'' answered to get their cute little shield.

So.... As far as the Guardians of Alltera guild goes, no one had their name written on it so I dont see a problem here. The only reason their are'nt more guardians is cauae STS dosn't take the time to find the ''REAL'' guardians.

Good job with the creation of your guild TheGoACake. Atleast you can spot out good ''Guardian'' unlike STS.

OMG no more stress. No I know what breast reduction feels like.

well said... no offense to the guardians but we all r protectors/guardian of this game or we should be... if u see anything wrong wit the game or someone doing anything out of line you shall be an upright citizen of PL and do ur duty to preserve its goodness lol...

ScarecrowWolf
09-14-2011, 01:47 AM
ok i have to take this off my chest.

I have never met a guardian in my 6 months of playing except one time, but they denied my friend request and wouldnt even help me with a question. In the game itself, we are all guardians, protectors and fighters of alterra and none of us have a freaking title except what level we are.

And whats with all these '' guardians of alltera'' taking vacations off the game. Almost everyday i see one post of a ''guardian'' taking a break. Sure they have their own life, but so do the devs and they're on everyday.

The only reason im putting this on the spot is cause a ''guardian'' booted me from a room for this as a reason ''.''. Are you freaking serious.

Plus im sure i could, as well as a thousand other players, answer the same questions the new ''guardians'' answered to get their cute little shield.

So.... As far as the guardians of alltera guild goes, no one had their name written on it so i dont see a problem here. The only reason their are'nt more guardians is cauae sts dosn't take the time to find the ''real'' guardians.

Hell im a ''guardian'' and so is thegoacake.

Good job with the creation of your guild thegoacake. Atleast you can spot out good ''guardian'' unlike sts.

Omg no more stress. No i know what breast reduction feels like.

well said... No offense to the guardians but we all r protectors/guardian of this game or we should be... If u see anything wrong wit the game or someone doing anything out of line you shall be an upright citizen of pl and do ur duty to preserve its goodness lol...

hoorah brotha !!!!

ScarecrowWolf
09-14-2011, 02:39 AM
And as a ''Guardian'' I also think it would be best not to put people on the spot like Whirlzap did above.

That's is freaking rude.

RedRyder
09-14-2011, 07:28 AM

And whats with all these '' Guardians of Alterra'' taking vacations off the game. Almost everyday I see one post of a ''Guardian'' taking a break. Sure they have their own life, but so do the devs and they're on everyday.

So.... As far as the Guardians of Alterra guild goes, no one had their name written on it so I dont see a problem here. The only reason their are'nt more guardians is cauae STS dosn't take the time to find the ''REAL'' guardians.

Im just getting tired of these so called ''guardians'' running around saying guardians this guardians that, your not special cause you dont have this shield. I'm superior over you cause my forums pic is different and I have a shield.

And what's with this if you ask how to become a ''Guardian'' of Alterra you cant become one. That's a fat load of dinosaur crap. You should respect the fact that someone would like to work for their really plain looking shield for a ''guardian''. WHATEVER!!!!

Overall point TheGoACake atleast you went out of your way to put a problem out there. Your a real Guardian. Heres your shield.

You can't speak for all guardians. I've answered any and all questions that are shot at me in game. I've also never booted players without valid reason and I've always asked for them to leave politely first. The devs are the game developers; it's their job to be active in the game. The shield isn't a police badge as you make it sound, but a reward for being acknowledged as helpful at one point. And just an FYI, I designed that shield you saved, upload to your account, and posted o here.

Just because there are crooked cops in the world, does that mean all lawmen are bad?

StompArtist
09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
The Guardian program is to reward players that STS feels have done an exemplary and outstanding job either in-game or on the threads/chat. It does not make those folks the help desk representative and they do not owe us, the players, anything once they are made guardian. Simply put, it is a reward to certain players made by STS. The guardian program has never pretended to be unbiased or to have clearly defined responsibility. Basically it is a pad on the back made by STS to players they like.

Nothing wrong with that and please, guys, leave these poor guardian alone. lol

Redbridge
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Gutted you had a bad experience but that gives you no right to assume that everyone in ANY group are the same...

Didn't someone famously say "you're unique, just like everyone else" (I digress)

You clearly haven't read any of my recent posts which clearly agree with many of the points you raise, even if you felt the need to say it so eloquently.

There is absolutely no point in addressing any of what you've said because reading your post I simply wouldn't know where to start, and I'm not entirely convinced you actually posted it in the hope that someone (let alone one of those "freaking" Guardians) would take the time to give you some constructive feedback, and that you'd enter into a mature discussion about some of what you've said, without it deteriorating into a flame war.

It's great to feel appreciated....LOL. I'm torn between taking a long break or giving up my RL for a life of 24/7 committal to serving the PL community.... I'll keep y'all informed...

EDIT: Apols to the OP. Seems to have gone a little off topic this one, eh? Good Luck with your guild. I've never experienced what you have highlighted but yesterday I did receive guild chat from one of my toons other guilds? So was able to see the other guilds chat and could only reply to my own guild... Seems there are a few strange things going on...

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Is this really what this thread was about? Didn't the OP have an actual question?

Anyway, this same issue happens with me sometimes. My members will be online and sometimes will not show up on the list AT ALL. Not even as offline but nothing at all. Not sure why. Also it seems like we're missing some people altogether on the guild list. Some folks I couldnt even find after they joined.

As a side not, I love the added "Invite To Guild" button from yesterday's update. Thank you!!

:)

Ellyidol
09-14-2011, 08:31 AM
As a side not, I love the added "Invite To Guild" button from yesterday's update. Thank you!!

Is this found when you click on a person and view their avatar page? If so, HALLELUJAH! Would make the management of No Guild so much easier.

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Is this found when you click on a person and view their avatar page? If so, HALLELUJAH! Would make the management of No Guild so much easier.

Yes!! It's so great. Before we had to type in names and it was sooooo ridiculous. But now just click on a person in town and you'll see the button to Invite to Guild! :D

Ellyidol
09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes!! It's so great. Before we had to type in names and it was sooooo ridiculous. But now just click on a person in town and you'll see the button to Invite to Guild! :D

Agree! More incentive to maintaining the guild, thanks for this info, seemed to have missed it from the patch notes :)

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Agree! More incentive to maintaining the guild, thanks for this info, seemed to have missed it from the patch notes :)

You got it, Elly. :D

TheGoACake
09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
The "GoA" term is meant to mean "Gods Of Alterra" L0L

ScarecrowWolf
09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Regardless it was just the remark that whirlzap made. Im more calm now and take back half of what I said yesturday.

I still stand by there being more guardians cause there are a lot of extremely good ppl out there.

TheGoACake
09-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Wait u have a lg optimus don't u? I have the same exact thing lol

Uzikrabd
09-14-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't know why you made a guild that seemingly seems to stand for the Guardian of Alterra Clan.
Perhaps consider making a guild about someone you are, unless you are actually a GoA..!

Yeah dude,si what they can name their guild whatever they want,ive seen star guards which havent been announced yet as far as i know,if i wanted and had enough gold or plat to make a guild i could call it the goas,it wouldnt be fair to goa but everyone like ive seen ppl say before that everyone helps enough to become one so they have as much rights for the name as much as anyone else,not trying to flame or troll but come on not everyone wants to be a goa