PDA

View Full Version : tanks- i am bad at easy maps and bad at tanking elite jadis

B.Bence
08-07-2016, 11:52 AM
As the title say. As a tank I cant tank elite jadis and hugal. If I play a tank I am worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys.

I know about the haste set but i cant deal with it because then you have to always change to lepre at boss and warriors still kill slowly with haste set.

In my opinion they are a useless class at easy maps and useless to tank hardest maps.

Then i feel like ill sell my gears and buy mage gears because my mage is lvl 54. Mages useful everywhere not like warriors.

I hope development team will do sokething.

ps: please dont delete in the reason of too much drama

dinzly
08-07-2016, 12:53 PM
goodluck with your mage[emoji4]

btw i dont agreed very much with your words here

"Tanks worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys".

cuz tank still very good in easy map like km3

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 01:24 PM
goodluck with your mage[emoji4]

btw i dont agreed very much with your words here

cuz tank still very good in easy map like km3

That's only if you can keep up with mages and rogues which more than half of them cant

soon
08-07-2016, 01:44 PM
try use old aegis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b61UT2TFmao

B.Bence
08-07-2016, 01:49 PM
True. The lvl 46 aegis better then my lvl 56 aegis.

Alwarez
08-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Oh man, dont say u need warrior damage buffed. Because mythic aegis does the job just right in easy-medium maps.
Elite Hugal with his MEGA-OP axethrow and mage gnome are problems. Did devs test them at all? Who knows, maybe they made it to force tanks spend ankhs too.

Mdy
08-07-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't think so tanks are bad in easy maps now with current gears. I can still agree if we were in season 7 where warriors are the least progressive class and also lack of good gears for pve.And your 2nd para, lol what do you actually want to achieve?be more specific pls.

Well likely because you lack some constructive deliverance on your own post that people tend to view it as a drama/berating thread. Don't point your fingers at the devs if it's going to be dramatic.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

resurrected
08-07-2016, 03:10 PM
I am not agree with you. If tank know his role and know what to do then he/she ( girls also playing tanks) isn't useless but helpful. I do not own haste set and i can tell you this isn't needed. I don't have problem with tanking hard or easy maps without set. You need to understand role of your class. Warriors Aka Tanks are for tanking. Holding aggro, keep mobs busy and concentrated on him while rest of party can kill them without any problems. Keeping your party alive. You don't need to kill many mobs fast cause for it are rogues and mages. If you are tank and can deal massive damage on many mobs in short time but your party die every 5 seconds i don't really see point of calling it tank. Of course dealing massive damage as tank is possible by buying dragon sword and spam normal attack with skills but i can tell you it gonna be harder to keep your party alive and play role that you are if you compare it to mythic aegis which help you much more cause it taunt all enemies with proc , but that's off topic.

Ardbeg
08-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Try to use the old aegis with Magma on easier maps. And then show me a rogue who clears these maps faster. In the hard elites don't forget your free effigy buff and the usual repertoire of stun and freeze pets on the boss. I understand every frustration on Elite Jadis, but Hugal is very doable.

Lunarpvp
08-07-2016, 04:52 PM
As the title say. As a tank I cant tank elite jadis and hugal. If I play a tank I am worth nothing in easy maps because tanks are slowly kill many enemys.

I know about the haste set but i cant deal with it because then you have to always change to lepre at boss and warriors still kill slowly with haste set.

In my opinion they are a useless class at easy maps and useless to tank hardest maps.

Then i feel like ill sell my gears and buy mage gears because my mage is lvl 54. Mages useful everywhere not like warriors.

They are supposed to be that way, its why now there are speed sets and elixers that help.

ReySolomon
08-07-2016, 06:48 PM
I myself am a tank and a lot of the people I've played with called me an awesome tanker. a lot don't know how to use warriors that's why they seem useless not because the class is useless.

Mdy
08-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Yes very true,to the OP the next time you want to complain about classes(any), do some careful analysis first, then give more evidences/facts and fair justifications.

You can't always complaining just because it doesn't suit with your favored gameplay. Ask opinion of others who are experienced if you may. Anyway, goodluck with your endgame mage. Don't end it up as you do now with your war.

I myself am a tank and a lot of the people I've played with called me an awesome tanker. a lot don't know how to use warriors that's why they seem useless not because the class is useless.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

konafez
08-07-2016, 10:31 PM
I use the mythic aegis and magma and I can clear mobs out like no ones business

I can solo any elite up to the underhull maps..so..(in best Brooklyn accent) how you doin!

*walks off*

Safiras
08-07-2016, 10:54 PM
The Underhul elites are bloody hard, and rightfully so. A good team of decently-geared, decently-skilled players who know how to time their skills and mix and match pets, will clear the Elite Forgotten Citadel map with minimal ankh usage and still put up a decent clear time. You surely weren't here in Season 1 when it took an hour to finish Elite Rooks' Nest and in Season 3 when completing Elite Skull Cove was almost as hard.

Red zones are meant to be avoided at all costs. Don't expect to be Mr Invincible and tank every hit the game can throw at you. In Elite Hugal, there are a couple ways to avoid the axe pull: either constantly move in and out of the trigger range at which Hugal decides to use the axe throw attack, or use multiple synchronised Kelvins to keep him stunned. For Elite Jadis, teams of guildies have come up with creative solutions to minimize the death from his second form's fire breathing attack. If I take it head-on it will surely kill me, but I have run that map several times with people who know what they are doing, and managed to clear it without dying once.

Like how everyone thinks Arcane items should be available to everyonr, everyone thinks that they should be able to clear the hardest elites without much difficulty. Elite difficulty should be protected, not like item rarity classification which in AL has lost its meaning.

ilhanna
08-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Your mage won't survive elite Underhul without a skilled warrior in party.

B.Bence
08-08-2016, 04:10 AM
Using arc shield full mastery i have enough time to drop a clock on a group of enemy. Clock mastery has a chance to pernemantly stun enemy. Warrior without at least full antignome gear cant tank elite jadis.
thats all.

justhell
08-08-2016, 04:20 AM
I am not agree with you. If tank know his role and know what to do then he/she ( girls also playing tanks) isn't useless but helpful. I do not own haste set and i can tell you this isn't needed. I don't have problem with tanking hard or easy maps without set. You need to understand role of your class. Warriors Aka Tanks are for tanking. Holding aggro, keep mobs busy and concentrated on him while rest of party can kill them without any problems. Keeping your party alive. You don't need to kill many mobs fast cause for it are rogues and mages. If you are tank and can deal massive damage on many mobs in short time but your party die every 5 seconds i don't really see point of calling it tank. Of course dealing massive damage as tank is possible by buying dragon sword and spam normal attack with skills but i can tell you it gonna be harder to keep your party alive and play role that you are if you compare it to mythic aegis which help you much more cause it taunt all enemies with proc , but that's off topic.
He is one example for good tank aka "failedheal"

Ninthplague
08-08-2016, 05:27 AM

To end your rant, the best answer I can give is don't party with warriors then, or if by chance you are a warrior, then its better if you create a rogue or mage if you are one of those looking for high damage output.

control
08-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Talk to good old reputed tanks with strength points more than 850 and they will help you sort out your problems. Also can read warrior guide sections and respec your build.
We pretty good we can assure you if we could have escaped this warrior progression curve more deadly than elite jardis lol
Python

B.Bence
08-08-2016, 08:20 AM
(No buffs except pet)
I dont feel myself to weak but i know right i am useless againt pt1 boss/pt2 bosd
elite twins-hugal-jadis boss.
im useless in maps like elite bael to farm malison
Then where am i good? Only in elite pve, but only in nord to glintstone.
I feel myself so useless.. i dont want to be a damage dealer but a real tank that dont die immediately by the red zone of the bosses i said above.

ilhanna
08-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Using arc shield full mastery i have enough time to drop a clock on a group of enemy. Clock mastery has a chance to pernemantly stun enemy. Warrior without at least full antignome gear cant tank elite jadis.
thats all.

All the tanks I run with on that map do not have antignome pieces let alone the full set. So they have survivability issues with Jadis, but that's why the party is there so something like synchronized Kelvins can be done. Rather than expecting your tank to be deathless how about running with good warriors and learning how they time taunt pet AA and skills.

If you've decided to switch to main your mage, that's totally your right to do. But skilled, dependable tanks are in demand in Underhul. And with aegis and arcane sword warriors can run easy maps, KM, event very fast if they know how to. My go-to elite warrior soloed elite Rendtail no problem. There are tanks you can consult with here on forums and in game. Personally I would think it's a challenge to be able to make my warrior a full-blooded Rambo tank, because if some warriors can do it, why can't I?

But again, your game, your choice. I just think it's an utter fallacy to think of the warrior class as useless when the problem is neither in the class build or available gear.

Fredystern
08-08-2016, 08:48 AM
As the job say tank, tank wasnt do alot of damage/second tank was very good as other shield for us mage and rogue :) even it will make run slower i wont care about it, tank should got a place in my elite pt, cause i wont run in elite without warr :3 OP wildfire that will attract mobs to me e.e

Zevile
08-08-2016, 11:54 AM
As the job say tank, tank wasnt do alot of damage/second tank was very good as other shield for us mage and rogue :) even it will make run slower i wont care about it, tank should got a place in my elite pt, cause i wont run in elite without warr :3 OP wildfire that will attract mobs to me e.e

Usually I use arcane shield/Life giver as soon as I proc wildfire to prevent myself from dying or I just stay far back and let the proc work, since 6+ stack of wildfire is enough to finish them all off without doing anything. Just be aware of the red zones and those OP blast radius of the bombs thrown by the crossbow orcs while being in cqc with mobs on elite. Those usually stings a lot, and even a warrior can get hurt if the player is not careful. :3

B.Bence
08-08-2016, 12:53 PM
@princesaria i also have a question. Did you see the SS that i uploaded to the 1. page of the topic?

Iulian Ardelean
08-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Warrior's need just a good proc at weapond like witch aegis lv 46 , (no more dmg or heal!)

Sent from my Onyx_QS using Tapatalk

dinzly
08-09-2016, 03:54 AM
Warrior's need just a good proc at weapond like witch aegis lv 46 , (no more dmg or heal!)

Sent from my Onyx_QS using Tapatalk
and like arc maul 31 AoE stun and 50% armor reduction proc

Downwithnotts
08-09-2016, 07:35 AM
All the tanks I run with on that map do not have antignome pieces let alone the full set. So they have survivability issues with Jadis, but that's why the party is there so something like synchronized Kelvins can be done. Rather than expecting your tank to be deathless how about running with good warriors and learning how they time taunt pet AA and skills.

If you've decided to switch to main your mage, that's totally your right to do. But skilled, dependable tanks are in demand in Underhul. And with aegis and arcane sword warriors can run easy maps, KM, event very fast if they know how to. My go-to elite warrior soloed elite Rendtail no problem. There are tanks you can consult with here on forums and in game. Personally I would think it's a challenge to be able to make my warrior a full-blooded Rambo tank, because if some warriors can do it, why can't I?

But again, your game, your choice. I just think it's an utter fallacy to think of the warrior class as useless when the problem is neither in the class build or available gear.

If you are taking about ryvz hes absolutely op :3 love running with him. Btw you mentioned soloing, i saw a screenshot of ioez soloing t2 and t3 too pretty fast, would love a sort of soloing contest and see which classes are faster in hard elites.

Taichi Yagami
08-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Quick answer for elite or hard maps use glint aegis its very good bro try it:)

Sent from my H860 using Tapatalk

Masked
08-09-2016, 05:21 PM
If you are taking about ryvz hes absolutely op :3 love running with him. Btw you mentioned soloing, i saw a screenshot of ioez soloing t2 and t3 too pretty fast, would love a sort of soloing contest and see which classes are faster in hard elites.

Unless a video of start to finish, I don't believe in any recs or fast times made solo. Not saying what you mentioned above was not legit. I personally know of a tank previously making recs on lb appearing to be solo. When the party is full, at last few seconds all but one leaves the map, when last player kills boss, it appears as one player. I suggest sts makes a way that records who starts the run vs who ends the timed run.

ilhanna
08-09-2016, 06:28 PM

I haven't had the chance to run with Ryvz, but I've run elite Hugal and Jadis with warriors from my guild and a few tank friends from other guilds, for Cryostar and trophy quest.

There are good tanks who aren't very prominent on LB or forums. I run a lot of PUGs in Ren'gol elite and Southern Gates elite and had the pleasure of seeing some good tanking action. All the more reason I resent the notion that the warrior class is useless. A good warrior not only can speed up a run (aegis and arcane sword procs can really melt mobs HP, and good pulls and taunts mean mobs are tightly packed ready for clocking and nox, separating the toughest killers from the minions for the DPS to wipe out safely, etc) you can't deny that skilled tanking saves a ton of ankhs and elixirs (some tanks I've run with can make mobs seem to ignore the DPS entirely).

Downwithnotts
08-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Unless a video of start to finish, I don't believe in any recs or fast times made solo. Not saying what you mentioned above was not legit. I personally know of a tank previously making recs on lb appearing to be solo. When the party is full, at last few seconds all but one leaves the map, when last player kills boss, it appears as one player. I suggest sts makes a way that records who starts the run vs who ends the timed run.

Well considering that the times he made solo where around 6:30 in both t2 and t3 and he holds the rec with his team at 2:30 and 2:40 respectively it should be obvious that its legit.
So its more challenging himself than trying to appear as solo rec holder, i challenge myself too and see if my nubly mage can solo certain maps even if im way slower than rec.
But yes, i remember that galifianakhs tank not denying he had people kill mobs and boss till 5% with him and then leaving map so he could solo last of it, he even confirmed it.

wolfonwallstreet
08-12-2016, 03:04 PM
There is no "T" in warrior :)