PDA

View Full Version : About Mage's Shield

Valkiryas
08-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Hey! Arloriarns!

Today I was wondering why in endgame mages are so strong, so I decided to do a little experiment taking my little mage " Evernes " as evidence ( I started a new mage), actually my level mage is level 35, so I decided to using a map according to my mage's level ( Final map Shuyal ) , using the wolf as test.

Damage Test ( NO SHIELD )

Damage Test ( SHIELD ON )

This is an average percentage after several tests , since the damage to the wolf was variable but the average is "140" and damage with shield active is "45", that is around 95 Damage less from same attack

Ok, after this, let's see why Arcane Shield it's that strong compared to Juggernaut.

Shield's First Upgrade ( 55% Damage Reduction )

Shield's Second Upgrade ( 15% Damage Reduction ADDED )

Shield's Mastery ( 15% Damage Reduction ADDED AGAIN )

Using the shield with all updates and others, this shield can absorb a huge amount of damage in PvP , one of the main reasons why mages are so strong in PvP even against warriors, about 70 % of wolf's damage was absorbed by the shield, now this must be added that the shield is mainly based on STR and INT , and my gear is composed of Assault and Force mainly, in endgame all mages have a huge amount of STR and INT , that makes it very durable against any class.

A great suggestion could be this One (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?368594-Requesting-the-return-of-PvP-Updates-Proposed-Balance-Changes-(7-21-16))

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Oh look another thread made by one of the same five people to Nerf mages

Vrazicak
08-07-2016, 04:13 PM
hold on hold on, so the class that was getting bullied for years finally gets an opportunity to be even to rogues and warriors, and now everyone but not mages are complaining about it, mage can still get rekt without shield, I heard rogues can still 1 hit mage at endgame without shield.

Suentous PO
08-07-2016, 04:14 PM
no matter what it takes to make the community (mostly) happy about balance in pvp, no one needs pve Mage skills nerfed.
I hope the devs keep this in mind because sometimes (often) ppls suggestions or threads don't make this distinction.

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 04:16 PM
hold on hold on, so the class that was getting bullied for years finally gets an opportunity to be even to rogues and warriors, and now everyone but not mages are complaining about it, mage can still get rekt without shield, I heard rogues can still 1 hit mage at endgame without shield.
They can but this person and four others are trying their hardest to have mages nerfed

Valkiryas
08-07-2016, 04:18 PM
They can but this person and four others are trying their hardest to have mages nerfed

No, you guys are understanding wrong, I am saying that mages got a great damage and a great shield, while rogues got a RZ with 10 damage reduction and almost useless cause no one use this skill to attack.

Rogues need a serious buff.

Otahaanak
08-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Valk, the colored text makes your post almost impossible to read using Tapatalk on mobile.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Plqgue
08-07-2016, 04:22 PM
No, you guys are understanding wrong, I am saying that mages got a great damage and a great shield, while rogues got a RZ with 10 damage reduction and almost useless cause no one use this skill to attack.

Rogues need a serious buff.

Rogues armor was nerfed for a reason I agree they need a small damage reduction buff but why point out the mages best skill in pvp we aren't glass cannons.

Valkiryas
08-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Valk, the colored text makes your post almost impossible to read using Tapatalk on mobile.

Bu .... bu ... But I liked it :(

kinzmet
08-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Its not really a big deal, the term they use is "by" not "to". Not to be missunderstood that it is not 55 + 15 + 15. But it means the 55% damage absorb is increased "by" 15%. It will be come 63% damage absorb, then further increase it "by" another 15% and you get 73%. It was close enough to your actual damage test 143 (unshielded) to 47 (shielded) around 67%.

The 73% damage absorb in PvP was just fine for the sorcerers to survive and dishout damage. Whats the real problem was the overpowered lightning mastery.

yubaraj
08-07-2016, 04:54 PM
What you think if I say to nerf aimed shot damage and upgrades its giving?

I don't have to post ss. Most people know how OP aimed shot is.

STS is working hard to balance the class and I know they cannot make everyone happy.

Instead of pinpointing eachother, let's wait what they will come up with. as Zeus mentioned some update coming for rogues.

BTW don't forget mages are the one who provide mana to the team. We are only puppet. Give "mana" . Yes sir here I charge my lifegiver huhuhu.

DAmage126
08-07-2016, 05:01 PM
What exactly is wrong with end game mages shield being strong? Mages get one shot by a lot of things not just your op aimed shot btw but why should you care right? You just want rogues to have the damage of a rogue, shield like a mage, and survivability like a warrior.

Energizeric
08-07-2016, 05:23 PM
The problem with shield is it runs out after 15 seconds, and then you have 12 seconds with no shield. If you are fighting against a Mage, your best strategy is to try to outlast the shield, and then attack.

will0
08-07-2016, 05:51 PM
nerf nekro shield too #+1

Oaheuzihar
08-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Also not every mage is willing to invest 10 skill points to get 100% mastery on a skill...

Niixed
08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Rogues are currently under review and will be receiving incremental buffs. Before you start advocating nerfing mages, you should at least wait until STS is finished buffing Rogues. If mages were nerfed at the same time Rogues are buffed, what kind of situation do you think that would create? Mages suffered, unfairly, for 3 years as the weakest PvP class. Every class has now suffered the 'weakest' label for one reason or another. Let's be patient and let STS do their job. I think Rogues will be satisfied in the end.

Kingofninjas
08-07-2016, 07:48 PM
You should note that there is a major difference between damage reduction and amount of damage absorbed.

It is not 55 + 15 + 15 = 85% damage reduction. It is 55% damage reduction, and x amount of damage can be absorbed this way before the shield breaks. The upgrades add 15 + 15% (which probably adds up to a little over 30%) to the amount of damage the shield can absorb at 55% damage reduction before it breaks.

Mallouu
08-07-2016, 08:13 PM
You should note that there is a major difference between damage reduction and amount of damage absorbed.

It is not 55 + 15 + 15 = 85% damage reduction. It is 55% damage reduction, and x amount of damage can be absorbed this way before the shield breaks. The upgrades add 15 + 15% (which probably adds up to a little over 30%) to the amount of damage the shield can absorb at 55% damage reduction before it breaks.

Finally someone that read skills description properly! Thanks

Zevile
08-07-2016, 08:20 PM
What you think if I say to nerf aimed shot damage and upgrades its giving?

I don't have to post ss. Most people know how OP aimed shot is.

STS is working hard to balance the class and I know they cannot make everyone happy.

Instead of pinpointing eachother, let's wait what they will come up with. as Zeus mentioned some update coming for rogues.

BTW don't forget mages are the one who provide mana to the team. We are only puppet. Give "mana" . Yes sir here I charge my lifegiver huhuhu.

Or, we're just really cheap on pots that's why we use life giver instead of swapping for a different useful skill. Haha :D

Oaheuzihar
08-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Its not really a big deal, the term they use is "by" not "to". Not to be missunderstood that it is not 55 + 15 + 15. But it means the 55% damage absorb is increased "by" 15%. It will be come 63% damage absorb, then further increase it "by" another 15% and you get 73%. It was close enough to your actual damage test 143 (unshielded) to 47 (shielded) around 67%.

The 73% damage absorb in PvP was just fine for the sorcerers to survive and dishout damage. Whats the real problem was the overpowered lightning mastery.

You sir, are a genius.

Fredystern
08-08-2016, 02:36 AM
Nice, lets try to duel max geared mage and rogue who will won then?
Rogue will survive until mage arcane shield is broke, its only need 3combo to break it, why take it so serious? As you know mage was very easy to die without shield thats why our shield absorb alot of damage, than after broke? We die in vs

justhell
08-08-2016, 04:13 AM
- rog : med armor/med hp/high crit chance/high dmg single target/most skill (without masteries) work on pve and pvp/gonna have buff soon.

- mage : low armor/low hp/med crit chance/med-high area dmg/some skill (without masteries) doesn't work on pvp,some minions and boss/maybe gonna nerf in pvp.

I can't see the reason why u wanna have shield like or closed like mage AS. Well at least ur class doesn't have to wait too long to get their attention,u should be happy for that.

Fredystern
08-08-2016, 08:50 AM
- rog : med armor/med hp/high crit chance/high dmg single target/most skill (without masteries) work on pve and pvp/gonna have buff soon.

- mage : low armor/low hp/med crit chance/med-high area dmg/some skill (without masteries) doesn't work on pvp,some minions and boss/maybe gonna nerf in pvp.

I can't see the reason why u wanna have shield like or closed like mage AS. Well at least ur class doesn't have to wait too long to get their attention,u should be happy for that.

They cant kill wellplayed mage maybe :/ so they blame on shield, we mage didnt blame nekro cause we cant stun em :/

justhell
08-08-2016, 10:51 AM
They cant kill wellplayed mage maybe :/ so they blame on shield, we mage didnt blame nekro cause we cant stun em :/
And also I never saw threads mages cryin for have stacking crit and crit buff on skill upgrade... If I wanna shield like mage then I play mage and if I wanna do crit often then I play rogue,that's how I play this game. Hehehe

Kingofninjas
08-08-2016, 01:42 PM

This is incorrect. Please read my other post on this thread.

kinzmet
08-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Youre right, But I posted it BEFORE you post yours. So, I stand corrected :p

Coalhouse
08-08-2016, 03:20 PM

This misunderstanding is recurrent.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3917-Arcane-Shield-the-details

Kydianz
08-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Maybe sts just need to increase aimed shot cooldown time ...
We need to aimmmmmmm and shot ...no hate tho

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

fortunefiv3
08-09-2016, 04:17 PM

Was thinking the exact same thing

Cvrrent
08-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Hey! Arloriarns!

Today I was wondering why in endgame mages are so strong, so I decided to do a little experiment taking my little mage " Evernes " as evidence ( I started a new mage), actually my level mage is level 35, so I decided to using a map according to my mage's level ( Final map Shuyal ) , using the wolf as test.

Damage Test ( NO SHIELD )

Damage Test ( SHIELD ON )

This is an average percentage after several tests , since the damage to the wolf was variable but the average is "140" and damage with shield active is "45", that is around 95 Damage less from same attack

Ok, after this, let's see why Arcane Shield it's that strong compared to Juggernaut.

Shield's First Upgrade ( 55% Damage Reduction )

Shield's Second Upgrade ( 15% Damage Reduction ADDED )

Shield's Mastery ( 15% Damage Reduction ADDED AGAIN )

Using the shield with all updates and others, this shield can absorb a huge amount of damage in PvP , one of the main reasons why mages are so strong in PvP even against warriors, about 70 % of wolf's damage was absorbed by the shield, now this must be added that the shield is mainly based on STR and INT , and my gear is composed of Assault and Force mainly, in endgame all mages have a huge amount of STR and INT , that makes it very durable against any class.

A great suggestion could be this One (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?368594-Requesting-the-return-of-PvP-Updates-Proposed-Balance-Changes-(7-21-16))
Mages are not strong at endgame pvp. Any warrior can defeat a mage in pvp with the new aegis or even drag sword. Even ROGUES are not underpowered. One combo without shield can kill a mage. With shield it takes out half the Hp. Shield is actually for game balancing

Sent from my Lenovo S850 using Tapatalk

yubaraj
08-10-2016, 08:55 AM
I have seen people have too much confusion about arcane shield. Even though kingofninja has clarified it. I wanna show the clear picture how the arcane shield works with actual data.

1. Arcane shield last 10 sec or 15 sec with upgrade OR certain damage has been absorbed.

"For example, a Sorcerer that has 100 STR and 150 INT would have an Arcane Shield worth 1050 points of damage. He gets hit with a Aimed shot that does 1200 damage. Normally this would break the shield but because Arcane Shield lowers incoming damage, he only loses 840 of its shield and so he can take another 210 damage before the shield goes away." source: sticky thread from sorcerer section.

Formula:
{(strength x 2)+int} x 3 [without 15% more damage absorption upgrade]

{(strength x 2)+int} x 3.5 [with 15% more damage absorption upgrade.]

I will put my stat values. So

{(249 x 2) + 827} x 3.5
= 4637.5

So if I use arcane shield, it will absorb 4637.5 damage. After that my shield will break. I tested with decent rogue and they were doing 1500 to 3000 damage on critical hit. So arcane shield barely able to hold 1 combo. That means it did not last 15 sec. And I had (6430-4637)=1793 health left. And another one shot from rogue and i died.
So when I fight rogue in duel there is no way that arcane shield last for 15 sec. It breaks in 6-8 sec.

If I charge my shield it will give 55% damage reduction. There is no upgrade or mastery which increase damage reduction.

Mastery seems useless. If I max my shield mastery it will absorb 15% more damage. That means
=4637.5 x 1.15
=5333.125

I was gaining almost 700 more damage absorption. When rogues are doing more than 2K damage even with shield that 700 damage gain will not save me from another hit.

Zeus
08-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Mages are not strong at endgame pvp. Any warrior can defeat a mage in pvp with the new aegis or even drag sword. Even ROGUES are not underpowered. One combo without shield can kill a mage. With shield it takes out half the Hp. Shield is actually for game balancing

What are you talking about? A mage will kill an aegis or dragon sword tank. Unless a sorcerer is completely clueless and sucks, there's no reason for him/her to lose to a tank.

mrm
08-10-2016, 09:25 AM
What are you talking about? A mage will kill an aegis or dragon sword tank. Unless a sorcerer is completely clueless and sucks, there's no reason for him/her to lose to a tank.
even though i dont like you i have to agree with you on this one a mage with a gun cant lose easily to a war

another qestion zeus since rogues can dodge most of the basic gun shots best in 1 vs 1 against them is a staff since staff gives more skill damge not rong?

Cvrrent
08-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Im talking in a clash about tank procs

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Im talking in a clash about tank procs

Even that way the mages are strongers than warriors, I just can't get why this happens.

mrm
08-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Even that way the mages are strongers than warriors, I just can't get why this happens.
what cant you get whats happening?

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 10:39 AM
what cant you get whats happening?

Why mage's stack is more stronger than warrior's stack.

yubaraj
08-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Why mage's stack is more stronger than warrior's stack.
Stun plays a important role in PvP.

Well coordinated group of mages cannot be stunned I guess. However warrior will be stunned if mage timed their FB.

Also I want to add that some of the warrior are able to break mages shield before 15 sec duration. Warriors are killable in vs but its not easy. whereas if mage kill equally geared rogues than its miracle. Maybe ping or the dodge didn't help them to counter basic attacks.

Rogues looses to warriors because nekro shield wears off before rogues can kill warrior and warrior pulls them on lava and rogue get stunned and die. I don't know if rogues use razor shield now. And also don't forget about mana consumption. Just assuming lol. I don't play PvP with those classes.

So your answer is stun.

Breakingbadxx
08-10-2016, 11:45 AM
[Rogue > Mage] in the rock, paper, scissors balance.

Yet, 2 warriors and 3 mages will always dominate 2 warriors and 3 rogues.

O.O

Zulgath
08-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Pheww all the mages haha

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Bira
08-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I am rogue and I don't see a problem with mages shield. They absolutely need it in elite maps.

With regards to pvp, I think some of these rogues are blowing things out of proportion. I am noooob in pvp but even I am able to break a mages shield in my second combination of aim, nox and pierce.

I'm one of those nosy people who always checks people's stats. I think one thing is clear and that is rogues kill more than they die. Even if a rogue dies, what's the big deal since we can get back to the fight so quickly using pierce?

STS has all of the statistics. They should look at those numbers and see what works. Out of 100k kills, it should be rogues killed 50k and died 50k times, mages killed 35k and dies 35k times and tanks killed 15k and died 15k times. The numbers are up for debate but something along those lines would be balance. I don't think it looks like that now. I am willing to hedge my bets that rogues kill 3x and many as they die. I am only speaking from what I see by snooping at people's stats. I think sts should look into this and stop listening to the influence of biased players. The numbers don't lie

Zeus
08-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I am rogue and I don't see a problem with mages shield. They absolutely need it in elite maps.

With regards to pvp, I think some of these rogues are blowing things out of proportion. I am noooob in pvp but even I am able to break a mages shield in my second combination of aim, nox and pierce.

I'm one of those nosy people who always checks people's stats. I think one thing is clear and that is rogues kill more than they die. Even if a rogue dies, what's the big deal since we can get back to the fight so quickly using pierce?

STS has all of the statistics. They should look at those numbers and see what works. Out of 100k kills, it should be rogues killed 50k and died 50k times, mages killed 35k and dies 35k times and tanks killed 15k and died 15k times. The numbers are up for debate but something along those lines would be balance. I don't think it looks like that now. I am willing to hedge my bets that rogues kill 3x and many as they die. I am only speaking from what I see by snooping at people's stats. I think sts should look into this and stop listening to the influence of biased players. The numbers don't lie

In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Lack of mana

The rogues die before they run out of mana. O.o

Breakingbadxx
08-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Lack of mana
Vengeful blood.

Yet, 5 rogues will always be dominated by 5 mages.

O.O

yubaraj
08-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Vengeful blood.

Yet, 5 rogues will always be dominated by 5 mages.

O.O

Can VB replenish mana of rogues?

Anyways when I try to edit my post it gets deleted. So I will post it here.

Mage team is superior because
1. Almost unlimited mana pool. Rogues are using some mana regeneration pet and packs mastery. That may help and also STS are planning to give brutality set and reducing mana consumption. Which of course will ensure greater survival.
2. Warriors doesn't have to rely on VB when mage is on team so they can use extra attack skill.
3. Well synched AS and nekro shield ensures that mages won't get stunned. Rogues can do the same with Razor but not too many rogues use it.
4. Don't forget mage is AOE class.
5. Rogues barely provide any support to the team beside packs and fast kill.

That's all I can think of now.

Zeus
08-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Can VB replenish mana of rogues?

Anyways when I try to edit my post it gets deleted. So I will post it here.

Mage team is superior because
1. Almost unlimited mana pool. Rogues are using some mana regeneration pet and packs mastery. That may help and also STS are planning to give brutality set and reducing mana consumption. Which of course will ensure greater survival.
2. Warriors doesn't have to rely on VB when mage is on team so they can use extra attack skill.
3. Well synched AS and nekro shield ensures that mages won't get stunned. Rogues can do the same with Razor but not too many rogues use it.
4. Don't forget mage is AOE class.
5. Rogues barely provide any support to the team beside packs and fast kill.

That's all I can think of now.

Rogues can't do the same, their damage drops like crazy when they're realistically only using 1 attack skill. Also, just razor will not insure you survive.

However, yes, VB can replenish mana of rogues.

yubaraj
08-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Rogues can't do the same, their damage drops like crazy when they're realistically only using 1 attack skill. Also, just razor will not insure you survive.

However, yes, VB can replenish mana of rogues.
Hmm interesting. I didn't know warrior can replenish mana of others.

Anyways don't worry be happy. STS is planning to buff rogues.

Kingofninjas
08-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Sorry but even the most brainless mage will not allow you to fire 2 back to back combos on him/ her. That is a hypothetical situation that almost never happens.

Bira
08-10-2016, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=Zeus;2564252]In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Ddzc

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=Zeus;2564252]In a random environment, rogues are fine. As soon as people stack warriors and sorcerers, rogues are not fine. It's been acknowledged by developers themselves this is an issue, so there's no need to downplay it.

May I ask your IGN?

Ddzc

Well if you can't see the nickname and the banner with his Nick then there's a several problem with you :/

Bira
08-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Well if you can't see the nickname and the banner with his Nick then there's a several problem with you :/

What do you mean? I haven't attacked you or ever addressed you. Why are you insulting me?

Gouiwaa9000
08-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Lol why is everybody ( 4 players lol... ) trying to nerf mage? Thats not they way to balance , and will get the pve players raging again. Lets just peacfully buff rouge and everybody will be happy :)

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Lol why is everybody ( 4 players lol... ) trying to nerf mage? Thats not they way to balance , and will get the pve players raging again. Lets just peacfully buff rouge and everybody will be happy :)

I am noy having problem with mages, what make us upset is that are also (4 Mage Players ) that think that they know how play rogue better than us! LoL

Breakingbadxx
08-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Only bringing to light the fact that the intended [Rogue > Mage] section of the rock, paper, scissors balance is currently not what it seems.

Mages would always defeat warriors. Fair enough. [Mage > Warrior].

O.O

Zeus
08-10-2016, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Bira;2564279]

There's no need to be rude..

What do you mean? I haven't attacked you or ever addressed you. Why are you insulting me?

Is there any way I can show you this issue I'm describing in PvP?

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=Valkiryas;2564285]

There's no need to be rude..

Is there any way I can show you this issue I'm describing in PvP?

Sorry but english isn't my native languaje, I didn't say what I said to be rude.

mrm
08-10-2016, 04:25 PM
I am noy having problem with mages, what make us upset is that are also (4 Mage Players ) that think that they know how play rogue better than us! LoL oky if you dont have a problem withe mages whats the thread about?

Valkiryas
08-10-2016, 04:41 PM
oky if you dont have a problem withe mages whats the thread about?

It's about how mage's have a great shield while Rogue just have Nekro ( A mage can use Nakro aswell ), and RZ isn't enough

mrm
08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
I am noy having problem with mages, what make us upset is that are also (4 Mage Players ) that think that they know how play rogue better than us! LoL
oops forgot to add to add since you know you yo play your class way did you ot factor in your dodge since rogues have high dodge thay can dodge most of the mages gun atks leaveing him only with he 2 atk skills fb and lig or ice and lig not giveing him much options on atk.Mages also are not glass cannons so thay dont have to be glassy ( something that can brake easily) well easily fast that is. And if you look at it this way rouge with razor shield nekro and high dodge has 3 defensis at once where the mage has 2 nekro and shield wich can be broken easily by a rogue nerfing the shield will that be fair ?
just stateing my mind here no need to agree sorry for grammar mestakes

Kriticality
08-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Zeus is correct. In a random environment rogues are op against both classes honestly. If rogue plays walls in ctf map or use rocks in tdm they should do fine. Duel is more limited area with no obstructions or environmental defenses. Similarly a Mage can beat a rogue with walls or rocks. Rogues can beat tanks with walls or rocks. Not in the open though. The issue lies in the ridiculous heal cycle. Mages were always needed in clash but it was primarily for mana. It's the combination of the Mage and tank skills and how they work so well together that presents its problem.

The reason you likely can't NERF those classes is bc without the class stack and a NERF to either or both it would be terrible for both mages and tanks. It leaves the adjustments to have to happen on the rogue. It's either a skill gets revamped to provide meaningful team support or damage. I don't think aimed or pierce should get a buff though. I have to choose generally between fire and ice depending on the situation for 2 attack and 2 defense skills. I think there should be a meaningful buff to rogues but also should make spec decisions more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jairnicius
08-10-2016, 06:34 PM
With a good combination for shield amd pet(Nekro) the mages re unstopables thats unfair for the anothers classes, the weapons for the mages always are good and give they a lot of dmg with a extreme velocity for apply skills, now the staff 56 give they a great adventage with a incredible crits, inmunity to stun with this shield and nekro, if want to conserve this adventage, add inmuty stun to the Juggernaut Skill , a warrior cam apply this skill but always re affected with bleeds effects all it is unfair want a balance? Yes need it...

Fredystern
08-10-2016, 07:57 PM
With a good combination for shield amd pet(Nekro) the mages re unstopables thats unfair for the anothers classes, the weapons for the mages always are good and give they a lot of dmg with a extreme velocity for apply skills, now the staff 56 give they a great adventage with a incredible crits, inmunity to stun with this shield and nekro, if want to conserve this adventage, add inmuty stun to the Juggernaut Skill , a warrior cam apply this skill but always re affected with bleeds effects all it is unfair want a balance? Yes need it...

You never beat a mage? :/ Alot of rogue and warrior could beat mage easily

justhell
08-11-2016, 12:38 AM
now the staff 56 give they a great adventage with a incredible crits,

What staff lv 56 u talkin bout? -.-

xxalivexx
08-11-2016, 01:37 AM
I'm a rog and I'm not just saying this because i am but we don't need a nerf, we get nerfed so much its unreal, give us a chance, tired of this, because mages cry they get 1 shotted when shield off, what do you expect, to stay alive long when a rog with 1.2k damage and 45% crit is attacking you, no, lets be real mages already have more damage than rogues and can reach our crit with ease, don't know how but it's not my company so it's w.e. Cry more mages.

Kingofninjas
08-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm a rog and I'm not just saying this because i am but we don't need a nerf, we get nerfed so much its unreal, give us a chance, tired of this, because mages cry they get 1 shotted when shield off, what do you expect, to stay alive long when a rog with 1.2k damage and 45% crit is attacking you, no, lets be real mages already have more damage than rogues and can reach our crit with ease, don't know how but it's not my company so it's w.e. Cry more mages.

Mages have more on paper damage but rogues skills do more damage. And idk what game you are playing to think mages can reach rogue crit without severe loss of other stats that rogues do not face.

xxalivexx
08-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Mages have more on paper damage but rogues skills do more damage. And idk what game you are playing to think mages can reach rogue crit without severe loss of other stats that rogues do not face.

You must not play end game, these mages reaching 30-40+ crit

Zeus
08-11-2016, 01:52 PM

That's one of the best mages in the game, buddy. He's usually very straight forward when it comes to balance. You should check out some of his recent posts. He's for buffing rogues, but he's not going to exaggerate things. He says it how it is, true and accurate.

Jairnicius
08-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Bro i Know it, im always fight on pvp but.. Now The mages has a great resistance, if u dont get The lvl56 staff and a decent armor never can defeat a Wars or rogues.. Mage + nekro unnstopable.. And The warrior always going to bed when The mages apply a lot of skills -.- a incredible crit chance (máx i recive 5k and this represent a 75% of heal it feels bad >:( ... I have 9.6k hp)

Avaree
08-11-2016, 02:06 PM
A simple solution to all...

3 vs 3 all class pvp to be implemented, then go from there, fixing what is broken.

Ardbeg
08-11-2016, 02:14 PM
A simple solution to all...

3 vs 3 all class pvp to be implemented, then go from there, fixing what is broken.

Naaa, not enough drama in this, noone to blame for defeat, boring!

Avaree
08-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Naaa, not enough drama in this, noone to blame for defeat, boring!

(Ok!ok, I will make the next bushel of popcorn, lol, sigh.)

Kingofninjas
08-12-2016, 04:00 AM

Yes I agree up to 35 crit (with Nekro) is easily possible with the right gear, but your damage will like not hit 1400s, which is what a maxed mage hits. Rogues usually run around 45 crit, withiut any loss of damage. A mage going for max damage will probably have around 30 crit. 15 crit is a lot, and that is not even factoring in the aimed shot crit buff.

Robhawk
08-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Well imho the balance is not too bad at the moment. In fair duels i kill 99,9% of all AL rogues, 75% warriors and around 50% mages. Stacking classes in team modes is another thing and i agree that rogues are nearly useless there. A main thing the "balance" was broken was because of ridiculous OP pet AA`s like korruption and this was fixed...
When a warrior wants to defeat the mage he has to break the shield,heal,nekro cycle. When the mage has to use one of these "to early" he will die. The rogue must survive till shield wears off then its an easy kill...

BTT -> IMHO mages are not to strong and for me these fights are the most challenging ones. No need to nerf arcane shield! When you nerf the shield mages will be food for the other 2 classes again. I know what im talking about, played my mage for 3years.

soon
08-12-2016, 08:14 AM
The rogue must survive till shield wears off then its an easy kill...

Rogues do not survive when they lose their nekro shield.

will0
08-12-2016, 08:23 AM
people are dependent too much on a Nekro shield, when there was no nekro rogues still rule the arlor.

Please dont compare nekro shield and arcane shield, as arcane shield is a skill ... rogues have buff razor shield now

Alwarez
08-12-2016, 12:01 PM
people are dependent too much on a Nekro shield, when there was no nekro rogues still rule the arlor.

Please dont compare nekro shield and arcane shield, as arcane shield is a skill ... rogues have buff razor shield now

When rogues ruled arlor (LVL 41 cap) nekro was 60m+ and buffs to jug and shield didnt exist yet. Now, when almost every event farmer can afford a nekro, mages and wars can have 2 real shields unlike rogues, who have nekro and 1 fake shield, which doesnt reduce anything.

And recent changes to razor cant even be called as "buff". It didnt do anything with damage reduction, which is main advantage of jug and arcane shield.

Would you use jug or arcane shield if it reduced damage by 10%? No? This is why rogues want damage reduction buffed.

justhell
08-12-2016, 01:32 PM
When rogues ruled arlor (LVL 41 cap) nekro was 60m+ and buffs to jug and shield didnt exist yet. Now, when almost every event farmer can afford a nekro, mages and wars can have 2 real shields unlike rogues, who have nekro and 1 fake shield, which doesnt reduce anything.

And recent changes to razor cant even be called as "buff". It didnt do anything with damage reduction, which is main advantage of jug and arcane shield.

Would you use jug or arcane shield if it reduced damage by 10%? No? This is why rogues want damage reduction buffed.

How bout dodge? That's what agile/crit class used to rely on for survivability. Why not fighting/asking to buff it?

Mage (int) : mana/hp/dmg.

Rog (dex) : dodge/crit/dmg.

Base on that I believed in the first place STS want dodge as main survivability thing for rog. Am I wrong?

But in other side it's fine if rog got lil dmg reducing buff on razor as for rog secondary survivability thing,but like jug and AS which is have limit how many dmg can absorb,razor also need to have that limit (not duration time,but how much dmg razor can absorb bfore it break). Agile/crit class rely on dmg reduction as their main survivability thing,just sound wrong for me.

Valkiryas
08-12-2016, 01:41 PM
How bout dodge? That's what agile/crit class used to rely on for survivability. Why not fighting/asking to buff it?

Mage (int) : mana/hp/dmg.

Rog (dex) : dodge/crit/dmg.

Base on that I believed in the first place STS want dodge as main survivability thing for rog. Am I wrong?

But in other side it's fine if rog got lil dmg reducing buff on razor as for rog secondary survivability thing,but like jug and AS which is have limit how many dmg can absorb,razor also need to have that limit (not duration time,but how much dmg razor can absorb bfore it break). Agile/crit class rely on dmg reduction as their main survivability thing,just sound wrong for me.

You're taking Dodge as like a grand "Advantage" but it isn't, the "%" is not a real number ( Confirmed by a Dev ) and if a rogue would have that "%" for skills then rogue's would be another thing.

Stop trying to make that useless "%" as something good because it isn't.

justhell
08-12-2016, 02:08 PM
You're taking Dodge as like a grand "Advantage" but it isn't, the "%" is not a real number ( Confirmed by a Dev ) and if a rogue would have that "%" for skills then rogue's would be another thing.

Stop trying to make that useless "%" as something good because it isn't.

Its just ur asmumption thinking that I'm saying like"taking dodge as like grand advantage".... i said "it used to be for agile/crit class rely on dodge". I never state like was what u think.

Like or not,that's rog main survivability thing. If that so useless,why not asking to removed that useless thing? Dodge + dmg reduction... smell good... another OP class? Maybe.. Maybe not..

Did I ever state that dodge is good or even good enough?

Breakingbadxx
08-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Its just ur asmumption thinking that I'm saying like"taking dodge as like grand advantage".... i said "it used to be for agile/crit class rely on dodge". I never state like was what u think.

Like or not,that's rog main survivability thing. If that so useless,why not asking to removed that useless thing? Dodge + dmg reduction... smell good... another OP class? Maybe.. Maybe not..

Did I ever state that dodge is good or even good enough?
If dodge were introduced as a %, we will be getting the following threads:

*Nerf rogue dodge
*Rogue too OP
*Return dodge to the way it was
*Rogue legends

Etc.

Etc.

Before you ask...no, I'm not from the future.

justhell
08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
If dodge were introduced as a %, we will be getting the following threads:

*Nerf rogue dodge
*Rogue too OP
*Return dodge to the way it was
*Rogue legends

Etc.

Etc.

Before you ask...no, I'm not from the future.
Meh... when start read I was to reply "u was visit future?"

When I finish read.. "dam... he prepare well..."

XD

gunlet
08-13-2016, 04:35 AM
Good analytics

gunlet
08-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Nice data great work:)