PDA

View Full Version : Aww dumb luck, curse you...

Lowlyspy
09-13-2011, 10:42 PM
So i was driving home from the grocery store (with, u guessed it, groceries). There i was just minding my business drivin down owens and my 2001 explorer (this is an important factor) starts to smoke, so i stop on the side of the road thinking "oh must be a problem with my radiator" ohhh boy was i wrong. I open up the hood and end up with a face full flames (no my face did not catch fire xD) i immediately drop the hood and run to my trunk, grab my fire extinguisher and put out the fire. A good semaritan helped me push my car to the nearest mechanic (many thanks to helpful people) and the mechanic starts checking out my car. Guess what i found out, there are 3 recalls on my "exploder". Guess what one of those recalls are for, yup you guessed it the car randomly bursting into flames.

haha u didnt think my story was over yet did you? When i finally managed to get home all my ice cream was melted, sooo today was interesting to say the least lol

Tvis
09-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Wow.... just wow

Cascade
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
You keep a fire extinguisher in your car?! 0.0

Lowlyspy
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
You keep a fire extinguisher in your car?! 0.0

Lol can never be too prepared ;) i also keep my toolbox in the car just in case. Now i gotta get another fire extinguisher though lol!

Otukura
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
ice cream was melted
Dang bro :/

On a more serious note, insurance cover it hopefully?

Cascade
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Lol too true! Man, car trouble is the worst!

Lowlyspy
09-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Actually otu, since it was the manufacturers mistake i need to take it to a dealership and all the problems will get fixed completely free of charge, thats the only good thing about a recall.

Otukura
09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Actually otu, since it was the manufacturers mistake i need to take it to a dealership and all the problems will get fixed completely free of charge, thats the only good thing about a recall.
Nice; I was somehow under the impression if you didn't do it soon enough, they didn't stay with the offer.

Lowlyspy
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I think you have a maximum of 10 years to bring it in, and according to the mechanic the recall was announced in 2002 so ive got a little under a year to take care of it. Im all set there :)

Uzikrabd
09-13-2011, 11:06 PM
When i finally managed to get home all my ice cream was melted

Poor icecream did you refreeze it,eat it like soup,or trash?

Lowlyspy
09-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Psh, aint no such thing as bad ice cream, i refroze it and made a root beer float :)

BodMaster
09-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Psh, aint no such thing as bad ice cream, i refroze it and made a root beer float :)

Thats the way buddy!!!

Haha what a day eh.. soooo lucky that you were still covered though :D

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 08:33 AM
So i was driving home from the grocery store (with, u guessed it, groceries). There i was just minding my business drivin down owens and my 2001 explorer (this is an important factor) starts to smoke, so i stop on the side of the road thinking "oh must be a problem with my radiator" ohhh boy was i wrong. I open up the hood and end up with a face full flames (no my face did not catch fire xD) i immediately drop the hood and run to my trunk, grab my fire extinguisher and put out the fire. A good semaritan helped me push my car to the nearest mechanic (many thanks to helpful people) and the mechanic starts checking out my car. Guess what i found out, there are 3 recalls on my "exploder". Guess what one of those recalls are for, yup you guessed it the car randomly bursting into flames.

haha u didnt think my story was over yet did you? When i finally managed to get home all my ice cream was melted, sooo today was interesting to say the least lol

Wow!

I don't know what to say man. Thank goodness you're ok. So what does this mean for you? Insurance covered, obviously? Hopefully? Because there was a recall, does that mean a replacement? Where to go from here? That sucks, dude.

Lowlyspy
09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Dont gotta worry about insurance, since it was recalled ford will pay for the fixes and all damages caused by the faulty parts. They'll fix up my car like new (non exploding new lol) and ill go about my regular days, my only expense is 1 fire extinguisher :P. I couldnt help but laugh at the whole thing when i got home last night, ill just let it roll off my shoulders since i dont have to pay for the fixes :)

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Cool but what will you do in the meantime? Rental? My car is not the greatest but if something happens to it, i'd be screwed haha.

Lowlyspy
09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Lol i guess while my car's in the shop im biking everywhere which is kinda gonna suck cuz vegas streets are very mountainous.....well at least my calf muscles will be huge when i get vehicle back :) that and ill save a little money on gas

Navygreen
09-14-2011, 11:29 AM
well at least my calf muscles will be huge when i get vehicle back :) that and ill save a little money on gas

bahahahaa well good luck, bro!

Lysdexic
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Now you know where the Ford Exploder name originated :( Good luck on the new one though :)

Lowlyspy
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Now you know where the Ford Exploder name originated :( Good luck on the new one though :)
Lol im keepin it once it gets fixed, that car is still my baby (even though it singed my eyebrows xD) and i couldnt imagine driving any other car :)

Lysdexic
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Lol im keepin it once it gets fixed, that car is still my baby (even though it singed my eyebrows xD) and i couldnt imagine driving any other car :)

I'm the same way, I typically dislike anything with FoundOnRoadDead, but my first car was a '77 LTD and still love that thing to this day. At least in my LTD, if I ever got into an accident, I just hopped out, wiped off the blood and kept driving :)

Eyesharp
09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Lowly you ok?plus I feel bad for the ice cream :(

Bakoffmycandy
09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Holy ****, crazy story. Happened to 2 friends of mine driving from Lakewood Co. to Anchorage AK in a Old Chevy Blazer. They had enough time from seeing smoke to pull over, get out, and witness the rims melting into to concrete. This was in Canada btw. All there belongings, passports, birth certs burned to the ground in less then 5 mins. They were stuck in Canada for a week while it all got sorted out.
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Hope its not an ARM & a LEG to get it fixed. Gotta love Exploders! That what I've always called them lol.

Lowlyspy
09-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Lowly you ok?plus I feel bad for the ice cream :(
Lol ya im good, other than some singed eyebrows. ikr, the poor ice cream :(

Lol bake, luckily i caught it before something like that happened. After it gets all fixed up by the dealership imma take it to my auto shop teacher (he was a ford auto technician and has had some experience with my type of car) and he's gonna look it over and make sure they fixed it right :)

LordEspe
09-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah I have a recall on my truck!! I guess the airbag (drivers side) likes to randomly go off!! Haha should probably get that fixed lol.