PDA

View Full Version : How is the fireball mastery of the mage?

Zevile
08-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Well, just found out how potentially overpowered this skill is and its mastery. So I maxed out fireball skill 5/5 + 10/10 for its mastery.

And basically this is what I got:

and

So I tested this on the Elite Misty Grotto and Elite Southern Gate mobs. And got like 1500-3500 dmg(initial hit from the fireball // average damage 1900-ish per hit(not crit)) and around 300-500(burning damage for 5 seconds + avg dot is 300-400(not crit), so total of 1750-ish overall).

So if we combined 1900+1750 it's 3650. If you manage to hit the group of mobs 3x every 3 seconds you'll do over 10k damage. Also, damage varies on difficulty of the mobs, sometimes I do 4k initial damage randomly and do like 500-600 burning damage for 5 seconds for easier elites.

So this got me asking myself? Is this mastery potentially worth upgrading? I've been using this on elite lately and it's really, really gooooood. Knocking 11 enemies within 7m, stunning them, and reducing their hit chance by 25% for 5 sec every 3 second -- for me is really dang good!

This is my skill build btw:
Fireball - 5/5
Clock - 5/5
Arcane shield - 1,2,4,5.
Lifegiver - 1,2,3,4. (I know, I am a nab and cheap for using this skill, but this is what I am comfortable at.)

Passives:
Durable 5/5
Knowledge 5/5
Agility 5/5
Might 5/5
(Skill attributes are all on int)

Mastery
Clock 7/10 (It's enough to freeze the mob imo)
Fireball 10/10 (3 sec cooldown and targets hit increased by 11)

Discuss your opinions on this! Would want to know your thoughts! :D

Edited: Also, if you have 1300dmg+, you'll have bigger initial dmg and dot!

Kingofninjas
08-08-2016, 01:45 PM
This is mages best mastery. It increase your raw fireball damage output by 25% in PvP and far more (over 200%) in PvE. A must have for all mages.

Otahaanak
08-08-2016, 01:47 PM
For PVE only, I chose to go with Clock and Frost mastery rather than Fireball/Cock. I run a 4 skill build rather than 2 as you are doing which changes things.

I found the frost mastery to be more beneficial overall due to its ability to freeze bosses and single target damage. (Fireball only gives burning damage to bosses - no apparent stun that I've seen).

Additionally, it's rare that I'm hitting upwards of 7 mobs at a time - Underhul and Planar tombs the exception.

Running with four skills, the cool down with fire mastery didn't help because of skill rotation (the extra second gained is a waste because I'm still firing other skills long after its cool down)

Just a suggestion for you, drop mana restore and increased rage on Heal and pick up Light for boss fights. (Or better, drop Heal entirely). As it stands now, you have only 1 ranged attack for boss fights.

That said, for me, FB mastery is extremely useful in PVP.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Zevile
08-08-2016, 01:57 PM
For PVE only, I chose to go with Clock and Frost mastery rather than Fireball/Cock. I run a 4 skill build rather than 2 as you are doing which changes things.

I found the frost mastery to be more beneficial overall due to its ability to freeze bosses and single target damage. (Fireball only gives burning damage to bosses - no apparent stun that I've seen).

Additionally, it's rare that I'm hitting upwards of 7 mobs at a time - Underhul and Planar tombs the exception.

Running with four skills, the cool down with fire mastery didn't help because of skill rotation (the extra second gained is a waste because I'm still firing other skills long after its cool down)

Just a suggestion for you, drop mana restore and increased rage on Heal and pick up Light for boss fights. (Or better, drop Heal entirely). As it stands now, you have only 1 ranged attack for boss fights.

B-but... mana and heal pots are really really, expensive. And people rage at me if I don't have lifegiver as a mage.

If I do the drop the lifegiver skill, should I go for lightning or frost? Frost seems to be both better at mobs and bosses, tho' I do not have the pts left for the mastery to be even more effective. So I am thinking on getting lightning skill since it's OP enough even without the mastery skill. Thoughts? :)

Iliketolol
08-08-2016, 02:05 PM
This is nothing compared to clock shift mastery, a stunned enemy is a dead enemy.

Otahaanak
08-08-2016, 02:13 PM
B-but... mana and heal pots are really really, expensive. And people rage at me if I don't have lifegiver as a mage.

If I do the drop the lifegiver skill, should I go for lightning or frost? Frost seems to be both better at mobs and bosses, tho' I do not have the pts left for the mastery to be even more effective. So I am thinking on getting lightning skill since it's OP enough even without the mastery skill. Thoughts? :)

If you drop heal, that's four points available. So take 3/5 Frost (2 and 3 upgrades) and light. That way you have both :)

It's too lengthy to into, but if you drop durable as well, add 15% extra dam and crit bonus on light , that gives you 3 points to put elsewhere- like damage passive (since it now stacks).

And if you get trouble for not using heal , just ignore them, they know not what they are doing.

kinzmet
08-08-2016, 02:19 PM
What I see is if you reduce the cooldown with 1.0, then the "seconds" shouldn't have "s" right?

Oaheuzihar
08-09-2016, 10:02 PM

Yea this is true. +1 to this.

Also the typo had me dying xD you know what typo i'm talking about ;)